PDA

View Full Version : Kyra Sedgewicks' 'The Closer' Books Cable Ratings Record!8.3 Million Watch Premiere!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
The second-season premiere of "The Closer" topped last year's record-setting performance by setting another record.

The TNT series returned Monday to nearly 8.3 million viewers, the biggest audience of all time for a scripted series on ad-supported cable -- although there were no ads during the show. The premiere ran commercial-free.

"The Closer's" huge audience also helped TNT's new series, "Saved," to a strong debut. About 5.1 million people watched the premiere of "Saved," making it the top new scripted series on basic cable thus far this year.

TNT is proving that lightning can indeed strike the same place twice," says Steve Koonin, chief operating officer for TNT and TBS. "We are proud to have created original drama series full of characters and situations that truly resonate with our viewers and look forward to more ratings wins with these two high-quality dramas throughout the summer."

"The Closer," which stars Golden Globe nominee Kyra Sedgwick as L.A. Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson, is no stranger to big ratings. It was basic cable's highest-rated original series last year, drawing just over 7 million viewers for its premiere and averaging 5.4 million over its 13 episodes.

The season two premiere also posted sizable gains among TNT's core demographics of adults 18-49 (up 36 percent over last year's average) and 25-54 (up 50 percent). "The Closer" was among the most-watched shows on all of TV, cable or broadcast, Monday night, trailing only CBS' "CSI: Miami," "Two and a Half Men" and "Old Christine."

"Saved," which also aired commercial-free, will likely land among the top five cable broadcasts of the week. The show stars Tom Everett Scott as a paramedic with a gambling problem.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I don't know about anyone else on here...but i have really grown to love this show! I watch more scripted series on Cable now then on the Big 4 Networks...COMBINED! :tape: :bounce: