PDA

View Full Version : Referees are always on Hollands side!!!!

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Ivory Coast should have got at least three penalty kicks in this match! :fiery:
It's always the same in World Cup... Holland soccer team is nothing but a bunch of cheaters.... I wonder how much they paid FIFA for this :rolleyes:

SloKid
Jun 16th, 2006, 06:43 PM
This ref is an idiot in general. :help:

Infiniti2001
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Ivory Coast should have got at least three penalty kicks in this match! :fiery:
It's always the same in World Cup... Holland soccer team is nothing but a bunch of cheaters.... I wonder how much they paid FIFA for this :rolleyes:

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead:

WorldWar24
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Erm Holland doesn't need that to win. And they've been very unlucky in the past

I don't know what you're talking about since I didn't see the match but Holland don't cheat ok

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I think your a bad loser.
It's not Hollands fault that Ivory Coast didn't get a penalty.
And the Holland soccer team isn't a bunch of cheaters.

I'm happy that they won, it was a very hard game.
Ivory Coast is a very difficult team to play against.

hablo
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Yes, Côte d'Ivoire deserved a better fate :bigcry:

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Erm Holland doesn't need that to win. And they've been very unlucky in the past

I don't know what you're talking about since I didn't see the match but Holland don't cheat ok
It's obvious you didn't see this match. :lol::sad:

Ivory Coast had such a good team and now they're out :sad:

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM
It's obvious you didn't see this match. :lol::sad:

Ivory Coast had such a good team and now they're out :sad:

Yeah, they have a good team. But they had a lot of chances, so it's there own debt that they are out now.

WorldWar24
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:27 PM
obviously you don't like Holland and there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. So vent your anger here, it's better than going out and destroying some german town, like some people prefer to do lol

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Ivory Coast isn't a team of finishers. They create a lot of chances, but can't finish.

azdaja
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:51 PM
holland sucked and they committed several very rude fouls.

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah, they have a good team. But they had a lot of chances, so it's there own debt that they are out now.
And because they were not given penalty kicks when dutch players pushed them down with two hands, pulled their shirts and kicked their legs :rolleyes:

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
holland sucked and they committed several very rude fouls.

Yeah, they played bad. But they won and that's most important.

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
And because they were not given penalty kicks when dutch players pushed them down with two hands, pulled their shirts and kicked their legs :rolleyes:

It was not only the Dutch team who was making rude fouls.
Yeah, Ivory Coast had to get a penalty, but it's not the debt from the Netherlands that they didn't get it.

azdaja
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, they played bad. But they won and that's most important.
...from the point of view of a fan :p

i really liked the way ivorians fought till the end. why oh why did they end up in a group like this...

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Ivory Coast played better than Argentina. And then they played better that Holland. First they lost because of bad luck and now because of poor referee. :mad:

azdaja
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:12 PM
i don't think they played better than argentina, they were good, but argentina did have the edge over them. they did play better than holland, though, that's true. i'm glad i watched both of their matches, they were terrific.

mandy7
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
and yet, we're through and all you people can do is pray that your home countries will one day be good enough :)

btw. robben got carded for falling over after they hit him in the knee
and some ivorian did the same thing twice and got nothing!
and drogba kicked our goalie in the face
and when one of our players had broken though, they kicked him down, should have been red, but the guy only got a yellow

so thread starter... STOP WHINING!

azdaja
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:56 PM
and yet, we're through and all you people can do is pray that your home countries will one day be good enough :)
i'd cheer against anyone if they suck. you really need to be a patriot/fan to like this dutch team. i mean, i'm not ivorian and i don't know any people from there, but that's the football that i want to see. the same goes for the argentinian team.

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:59 PM
This match was a disgrace, I really, really will not root for Holland anymore, they were SO rude. I can't believe I wanted them to go far in the tournament :o I am very disapointed with the way they played. I guess my support that comes from the time I discovered Ajax is over until better times come.

But it's the referee's fault if he showed from the beginning that rude acts will be punished, the match would have had a diferent face.

Bring the video! :fiery:

Mandy, I bet no one will answer you with a citation of faults and rude ones Ivoeries suffered. They were just too numerous.

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Mandy, I bet no one will answer you with a citation of faults and rude ones Ivoeries suffered. They were just too numerous.
That post would crash the WTAworld server! I don't want that :lol:

mandy7
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:11 PM
bitter people :D

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:11 PM
bitter people :D

No, football fans ;)

mandy7
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM
oh please.. we didn't play mean, but we were unlucky in our timing once our twice
i understand people are disappointed about ivory coast being ousted
but don't take it out on us
we just did our job

LoveFifteen
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Ivory Coast played better than Argentina. And then they played better that Holland. First they lost because of bad luck and now because of poor referee. :mad:

There's no such thing as bad luck, cry baby. Ivory Coast lost ... get over it.

Vamos Argentina, Germany and England!!! (And the US, of course, but I'm not holding my breath!)

-Paul-
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
It's amazing how low people can go when they're jealous of other nations talent. :sad:

The ref didn't aid Holland at all, ivory coast got away with plenty of cynical professional fouls.

So please, take off those rose tinted glasses and see things how they really are.

azdaja
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
There's no such thing as bad luck
nonsense :lol:

and don't worry you dummies, we did get over it :p that does not mean we will sing praise to overhyped "big" football nations and say they won because they played better.

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM
There's no such thing as bad luck, cry baby.
If that's what you really think, you are a retard, not me :ras:

LoveFifteen
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
If that's what you really think, you are a retard, not me :ras:

I don't believe in luck, good or bad.

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:22 PM
oh please.. we didn't play mean, but we were unlucky in our timing once our twice
i understand people are disappointed about ivory coast being ousted
but don't take it out on us
we just did our job

C'mon I understand you're biased, it's normal you're Dutch but the way Holland played today has NOTHING to do with the way they play normally. It's a disgrace for the great play this team has used us.. If this is the way the Dutch people want their team to win, then let it be but football fans prefer fairplay and beautiful, clean game.

They were rude and if it wasn't Holland or other big names but another team, the red cartons would rain. That's what pisses the people not that a team someone thinks played better lost. In football you can loose even playing better.

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
the refs are always blamed for everything, aren't they?
I think overall, the refereeing at this WC has been a lot better than at the previous WC. Okay, there have been a few bad refs, this one was pretty bad, the one who gave all those yellows was pretty bad as well, but so far we haven't had any real controversies.

At the last WC, the refereeing was an absolute disgrace. South Korea really got far thanks to the refs. The Spain-Korea match had the worst ref I've ever seen. Every goal Spain scored was disqualified, the moment the Spaniars launched an attack, the flag went up for offside even though half of the time it wasn't offside at all! Italy was robbed against Korea as well. It was truly awful.

I like the wait and see rule at this WC, how the flag for offside doesn't go up right away.

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I don't believe in luck, good or bad.
So what do you believe in? God? Destiny? Karma? :confused:

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:34 PM
the refs are always blamed for everything, aren't they?

There was a one good referee, the bald one, Italian maybe? An the Swedish one was pretty good too. But usually they suck. They just don't give penalty kicks when the game is even. Never. They have no balls. And they're always on home team's side (or the team that has more fans on the stadium)

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah the netherlands played bad and sometimes they were rude. But also the team of Ivory Coast were sometimes very rude. And you can't play every match very well. Sometimes it's not your day. But they fought for it. Just as Ivory Coast. They get a lot of chances but didn't made it. So, I think it's not fair to give the referees or the Dutch team the debt of their loose. They had a lot of good chances. They could win this match, but they didn't.

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
gentenaire, I've never seen a rugby referee on the Wolrd Championships to be blamed about something. That says enough I think. :shrug:

Football has a history of bad refering and this match showed it's not about to end. We'll probably wait a loooooong time before something changes drastically.

BUBI
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Yes, they could have won the match even though the referee was against them. That would have been fun :D

Diam's
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
gentenaire, I've never seen a rugby referee on the Wolrd Championships to be blamed about something. That says enough I think. :shrug:

they use the video so ... :o

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM
they use the video so ... :o

Ahem and the referees NEVER leave the players go beyond the game-linked agressiveness.

Rugby rules ;)

pimpie
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM
you should realy change the thread title

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
There was a one good referee, the bald one, Italian maybe? An the Swedish one was pretty good too. But usually they suck. They just don't give penalty kicks when the game is even. Never. They have no balls. And they're always on home team's side (or the team that has more fans on the stadium)

I've seen Colina make some truly bad and unfair decisions as well. Everyone kept saying how good he was so that no one dared criticize him, even when he had a bad day. No one's perfect.

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:57 PM
gentenaire, I've never seen a rugby referee on the Wolrd Championships to be blamed about something. That says enough I think. :shrug:.

I think it's because in football, one goal makes a world of difference so the decisions of the refs are really important. People on this board have often whined about umpires. The response is usually along the lines of "yes, that was a bad call, but one point doesn't make a whole match..." In football, one point CAN make a whole match, which automatically makes all decisions relating to goals/penalties controversial.

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:06 PM
I think it's because in football, one goal makes a world of difference so the decisions of the refs are really important. People on this board have often whined about umpires. The response is usually along the lines of "yes, that was a bad call, but one point doesn't make a whole match..." In football, one point CAN make a whole match, which automatically makes all decisions relating to goals/penalties controversial.

That's why it's essencial to have at least the video. In rugby, a touch (I don't know how's the word in English) is as important as a goal in the football game. Every decision is important because it can turn a match around. With the video on, with the lack of corruption and arrangement scandals, the referees decisions are respected and it's very rare that a referee makes an error.

Couple of days ago a referee invited to comment the WC was asked about the video and he said.. blah-blah we'll loose our jobs, the video will not help, the human is the most important (as if the video got the jobs of rugby referees)... Even the French minister of sports was talking the same non-sense.

Frank
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I don't see how Holland was more rude than other teams. There are hardly ever matches that don't have any rude fouls. We got outplayed for a large part of the second half and yeah, I guess you need lots of fouls to avoid being totally overrun. But I've seen far, far worse.

And please, don't blame the referee. He just sucked in general in this match and the referee definitely isn't ALWAYS on our side.

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:27 PM
That's why it's essencial to have at least the video. In rugby, a touch (I don't know how's the word in English) is as important as a goal in the football game. Every decision is important because it can turn a match around. With the video on, with the lack of corruption and arrangement scandals, the referees decisions are respected and it's very rare that a referee makes an error.

Couple of days ago a referee invited to comment the WC was asked about the video and he said.. blah-blah we'll loose our jobs, the video will not help, the human is the most important (as if the video got the jobs of rugby referees)... Even the French minister of sports was talking the same non-sense.

I agree that video should be used. It's easy to do, the ref is contact with his assistants anyway. It's not hard to have one sitting behind the video screen and telling the ref what truly happened. Didn't they experiment with this?

Just now they were showing some bad refereeing in the Mexico-Angola match. One specific Angolan player (don't know the name) got charged several times. First there was a Mexican who banged straight into his stomach. Later on, a Mexicon kicked his foot. Both charges really hurt. Yet the players who'd done it weren't carded. Then he bumps into a Mexican player, by the looks of it by accident and wham, he gets a yellow card right away. I felt sorry for the guy.

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I agree that video should be used. It's easy to do, the ref is contact with his assistants anyway. It's not hard to have one sitting behind the video screen and telling the ref what truly happened. Didn't they experiment with this?

If I remember correctly in some countries they tested it but it was very limited. And yes, it's easy, it's only the will that's not "au rendez-vous".

KClijsters
Jun 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I don't see how Holland was more rude than other teams. There are hardly ever matches that don't have any rude fouls. We got outplayed for a large part of the second half and yeah, I guess you need lots of fouls to avoid being totally overrun. But I've seen far, far worse.

And please, don't blame the referee. He just sucked in general in this match and the referee definitely isn't ALWAYS on our side.

I agree with you.
Holland wasn't the only team who was rude. There are a lot of teams who are rude. I also can't remember a match without rude fouls. And in other matches I also saw much worser fouls than in this match.

mandy7
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Laat ze maar praten joh, wij zijn door, en zij komen uit landjes die op het niveau van onze zaterdag amateurs spelen

spudrsca
Jun 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM

You must be kidding to say they played better than Argentina. Argentina was by far the superior team the 60 first minutes. Ivory Coast had occasions the last 20 minutes only because Argentina relaxed a little bit too much and wasn't attacking anymore. And Ivory Coast didn't have big occasions.
Ivory coast had plenty great occasions against Netherlands but not against Argentina:cool: