PDA

View Full Version : Messenger 7,5

thalle
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I downloaded the new version, 8.0 but didn't really like it so wanted 7,5 back. But now I can only get it on english and without sound. I can live with the english part, but I don't know why it wont say sounds when people log on or write. I am on "online" and my speakers work...
Do you know why this has happened?
:confused::shrug:

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I don't like v8.0, either. It has to be the UGLIEST version ever I've seen! :scared: I put v7.5 back as well.

meggz_star
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I prefer 7.5 also. The multiple posts coming up as one is very confusing

Kenny
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
lol

I love 8.0 :shrug:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Also i noticed you can get confused because if someone does multiple posts one after the other it doesnt come up that way just one under the other, so it will all look like one post!

I don't use MSN most of the time because I use another thing but this feature was on Windows Messenger. It's the best thing about it IMO. Especially if you get those annoying ass people with huge usernames like "OMG LETS GO SERENA I LOVE YOU WILL I BEAT TOM 6-3 7-4 COME ON NADAL AT WIMBLEDON 18 DAYS TO GO FISH FINGERS SUCK!" that hog up the convo box and are annoying when you're trying to copy and paste a convo to someone.

~CANUCK~
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Funnilly Enough i just downloaded 8.0 and i much prefer 7.5

Also i noticed you can get confused because if someone does multiple posts one after the other it doesnt come up that way just one under the other, so it will all look like one post!

You can change that, its just an option you can have. Go into your settings and make sure you have it checked off that each message will say so and so says...
that will stop the messages from comming up like that.

~CANUCK~
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I downloaded the new version, 8.0 but didn't really like it so wanted 7,5 back. But now I can only get it on english and without sound. I can live with the english part, but I don't know why it wont say sounds when people log on or write. I am on "online" and my speakers work...
Do you know why this has happened?
:confused::shrug:
You might have your sounds disabled. Go into options and make sure that you dont have the message alerts turned off.

thalle
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM
that's the weird thing, I checked it, and everything is turned on. So I guess it's the version. And now I don't know which version to download instead. But I do want the 7,5 just with sound:p

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Where do you get 8.0 from?

thalle
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I don't know. Some commercial I think. I wish I hadn't gotten it:crying2: I want my real msn 7,5 not the soundsles one!!!

new-york
Jun 17th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm totally untalented at fixing those things. :shrug:.

~CANUCK~
Jun 17th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Where do you get 8.0 from?
You might not be able to find it if you are looking under MSN V8.0Beta. Well first of all its still in beta form, and im not sure that it was realesed to the whole world. Secondly its not called msn anymore, its now known as WLM = windows live messenger. Try this link it might work for you http://g.msn.com/1csbeta/Mess80_EN

naughty_sprite
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
msn is becoming crap, Im already off hotmail because its service is bad and I get so much spam through it. Gmail all the way!!!!

Live Messanger is crap too, don't know what the fuss is all about, its the same as the original messangers.

Edward.
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Funnilly Enough i just downloaded 8.0 and i much prefer 7.5

You can turn that off. :p

And yes, it is annoying.

Myself, I hate Live Messenger, because MSN Plus doesn't properly work with it, and neither does Stuffplug NG.

Yasmine
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I don't know. Some commercial I think. I wish I hadn't gotten it:crying2: I want my real msn 7,5 not the soundsles one!!!
:hug: I'm glad I actually haven't updated to version 8 then! :)

How about you uninstall the whole thing and redownload only version 7.5? :shrug:

thalle
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:32 PM
:hug: I'm glad I actually haven't updated to version 8 then! :)

How about you uninstall the whole thing and redownload only version 7.5? :shrug:
Done three times:shrug::confused:

Yasmine
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Done three times:shrug::confused:
:awww: :sad:

thalle
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
:awww: :sad:
Yeah! It's really weird and it sucks:shrug:
Merde:lol: