PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where to begin..

Perfection
Jun 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Okay, so the time has come for me to move out of my house and continue with life. But the thing is, I don't know where to start. I have like, $1500 already saved up to help me start off... but I mean, do I just travel to Austin, TX and stand on the street looking for a place to live? Or do I try to sell myself to guys that want a sex slave? What do I do?!

I'm just so confused as how to get started... I know I can live life okay once things get rolling, but I just don't know how to get the ball rolling. I am going to attend college, but I wanted to live in Austin for 6 months to situate myself and not have to pay 6 times the amount normally paid due to out of state tuition. So... help!! It would be great for me to find a roommate that is already down there.. but how do I find people?

It's alot harder than I thought it would be. :sad:

Helen Lawson
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Maybe the college you're going to has a list of people looking for roommates. That's the easiest way, or try the Internet. $1500 isn't much, hon, so you have to be creative. It's like when Dolores Claiborne is telling Vera Donovan about how she planned to flee with the daughter with her savings and tells Vera how much that was and Vera responds, "Delores, and just how far did you think you could run with that little money? Bangor?"

Good luck, hon!

pla
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Perfection, try to find a job before moving on. This is important because $1500 will finish very quickly. So that's the first thing you have to do. Think about what kind of jobs you can do, open the newspapers, online sites and go to the city's center to look for job. Only when you find one, move there..

If you have a job, you'll move calmly and have the time to search for roommates from the college, help from different authorities for your studies and so on.