PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU think should get a get a wildcard for Wimbledon?

AyumiMorita
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:20 PM
With all the controversy surrouding the LTA seeking wildcards that have an actual chance at winning matches at Wimbledon, I wanted to see who you guys think deserves to gain direct entry into this year's main draw. This year's wildcards have already been announced with O'Brien, Borwell, South, Keothavong, Viktoria Azarenka, Alicia Molik, Radwanska and most probably O'Donohughe. Do these girls deserve them or is there another player who would take full advantage of this wildcard? :scratch:

Note: don't forget about wildcards into the qualifying ... do those Brits who can't win a match deserve to be in the qualifying like Llewlyn? or do other players deserve them?

janko
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I hope Naomi Cavaday will win the MD wild card! :bounce:

for qualifying I don t know how many WC will be so I try for 8

O'Donoghue (as a finalist of the prequalifying :devil: ), Amanda Keen, Georgie Stoop, Rebecca Llewellyn, Natasha Khan, and another for a junior

the last 2 for Ayumi Morita and the winner of the junior tournament played on grass before Wimbly

janko
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
for the MD I think all of the players who received wild card deserved them in different way, well the brit girls aren t so strong but it s in England and a few of them are fighting all the year and improving to get a wild card + british girls are not receiving so many Wild cards throughout the year :rolleyes:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Go Naomi! :hatoff:

tennislover
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:06 PM
the greatest player ever :angel:

Scotso
Jun 16th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Jane O'Donoghue should have gotten one.