Jun 15th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Sharapova v Santangelo
Likhotseva v Jackson
Bartoli v Tu
Schiavone v Zvonareva

Masha won't be losing more than 3 games per set for the rest of this tournament

Ferosh
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I wouln't count out the winner of Schiavone/Zvonareva.

FrenchY52
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Schiavone can beat her, and Bepa looks in form

bis2806
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Jackson, Vera and Francesca all can beat Maria who is "healing" (in the words of a Maria fan) :tape:

dagamezbest
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I wouldnt count out Vera or Jamea, they both are playing well this tournament and I think Jamea has a good chance to make semis against pova. Jamea gave her a tough match at Indian Wells earlier this year.

SelesFan70
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:28 PM
It's never over until it's over. :rolleyes:

furrykitten
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:30 PM
pierce, Maria beat one of your girls today, just thought I'd remind you of that ;)

Ferosh
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
pierce, Maria beat one of your girls today, just thought I'd remind you of that ;)

:rolls:

pierce0415
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:34 PM

:rolleyes: I know very well about that

but if your girl Hantuchova withdrew ON TIME from this tournament, then Na would not have faced Maria in the round of 16 :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

furrykitten
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:43 PM

but if your girl Hantuchova withdrew ON TIME from this tournament, then Na would not have faced Maria in the round of 16 :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

:awww:
Daniela cannot predict when she gets injured can she?

Harju.
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM

and then this thread wouldn't have existed. man. damn dani.

:rolleyes:

tennisjunky
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:09 PM
anything can happen, no guarentees in tennis. cant really see anyone left giving maria much trouble. if masha keeps her focus this should be one of the easiest titles she's ever won, no disrespect to the other ladies.

JackFrost
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:11 PM

*lol*

Smoothie
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Jackson, Vera and Francesca all can beat Maria who is "healing" (in the words of a Maria fan) :tape:

New nickname: Maria "the healer" Sharapova. She puts other players out of their misery. :)

Lulu.
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Very true. But if I had to pick one of these ladies I'd say Jamea :)

No.1Hingis
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Cause the show.. protocole.. !!

Neptune
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know what Maria always plays this tournement?,maybe because she know that's the only tournement she can win :tape:

FedExpress
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well I would think the same but I never underestimate an opponent :p

baleineau
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I don't know what Maria always plays this tournement?,maybe because she know that's the only tournement she can win :tape:

if you want some match practice on grass before wimbledon, there's not a lot of choice. she could play Eastbourne instead, but the draw is short (if higher quality) and it ends two days before Wimbledon starts. that's a bit risky if you injure yourself.

maria seems to like to return to Birmingham. it's low-key and fairly laid-back. you can get some matches in away from the spotlight. it's a shame a few other top players don't play it. i suspect that if you feel you are a lock for a French Open QF or better then you might just want a week off.

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM
go maria:)

Neptune
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:08 PM
if you want some match practice on grass before wimbledon, there's not a lot of choice. she could play Eastbourne instead, but the draw is short (if higher quality) and it ends two days before Wimbledon starts. that's a bit risky if you injure yourself.

maria seems to like to return to Birmingham. it's low-key and fairly laid-back. you can get some matches in away from the spotlight. it's a shame a few other top players don't play it. i suspect that if you feel you are a lock for a French Open QF or better then you might just want a week off.
I really love Masha(just watch my signature ;) )but she plays less than two years ago, seem that she is focus on photo right now and that's why I'm upset! :sad: She is a great player but she needs to be more concentred on her career,that's all but I always support her ;)

Carmen Mairena
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Not much excitement from now on... :sobbing:

perseus2006
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I think there's lots of good tennis left in this tournament! Pova is the only "known" quantity left in the final 8.

The other seven players are a bit edgy for one reason or another. They can play a spectacular match one day and self destruct the next.

Consider Vera, for example. Is she going to come out and play awesome tennis like she can? Or, is she going to come out and cry her eyes out?

It would be easier to prepare for top ten players - except Elena, of course, who can be nearly anything on the tennis court from superstar to bufoon. Certainly things won't go according to anyone's rule book. That's why it's exciting to play the matches.

auntie janie
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:43 AM
"Birmingham Organizers Should Just Hand Masha The Trophy Now"

heh, that's what I thought about the LA Lakers when they beat the Spurs to reach the NBA Finals in 2004 -- that's what the whole country thought -- till the lowly Pistons trounced them in 5 games ... :hearts:

Dan23
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Maria is a human, humans tend to heal when they get hurt :wavey:

UDACHi
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:49 AM

11 titles with 2 in Birmingham. I guess Wimbledon, YEC, and Indian Wells don't mean much, darn it! :(

Listen, Maria is coming off an injury and she needs some more match play, especially some on grass, before Wimbledon. Is she not allowed to play more than one event on her strongest surface? Why does she need to play a Tier 2 right before a slam?

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Maria is a human, humans tend to heal when they get hurt :wavey:

Maria is human? :confused:

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:37 AM
11 titles with 2 in Birmingham. I guess Wimbledon, YEC, and Indian Wells don't mean much, darn it! :(

Listen, Maria is coming off an injury and she needs some more match play, especially some on grass, before Wimbledon. Is she not allowed to play more than one event on her strongest surface? Why does she need to play a Tier 2 right before a slam?

You do realize the person you are quoting is a Maria fan, right? :lol:

Dan23
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Maria is human? :confused:
very funny Derek :p

Dan23
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
As a Maria fan he should know by now why Maria plays at Birmingham ;)

azmad_88
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
i think franny/vera can do some damage....but without the shadow of doubt maria will be in the final...

UDACHi
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM

Yes, I do.

TheItalianStyle
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Actually I think Mara can do something today...we'll see

Shonami Slam
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
mind you - Bartoli is the most aggresive player in the field - she's just overlooked.
grass does her game some very intresting pluses.

Smoothie
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:15 PM
mind you - Bartoli is the most aggresive player in the field - she's just overlooked.
grass does her game some very intresting pluses.

And she lost today. It's hard to predict the winners in this tournament.

rjd1111
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Sharapova v Santangelo
Likhotseva v Jackson
Bartoli v Tu
Schiavone v Zvonareva

Some prediction

furrykitten
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
pierce planted the seed of doom on Maria!

lee station
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
What a total jinx! :(

hablo
Jun 17th, 2006, 06:53 PM
:tape:

BUBI
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Sharapova v Santangelo
Likhotseva v Jackson
Bartoli v Tu
Schiavone v Zvonareva

:retard:

FrenchY52
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
pierce0415, such a looser .. :lol:

Wojtek
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:25 PM
pierce0415, such a looser .. :lol:

:devil:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:37 PM
What a total jinx! :(

Please make a thread like this for Wimbledon!!! I want more jinxing! :devil:

auntie janie
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Jamea = 2004 Detroit Pistons :worship:

barmaid
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Confusis say, "man who go out on limb...bound to fall off tree":rolleyes: :eek: :p :(

Wipe the egg off your face Pierce!!:lick: :lol:

barmaid:wavey:

Paldias
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:41 AM
:tape:

So Disrespectful
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:43 AM
No trophy for semifinalists :)

Ferosh
Jun 18th, 2006, 04:48 AM
:haha:

shirgan
Jun 18th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Please make a thread like this for Wimbledon!!! I want more jinxing! :devil:
:lol:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
:devil:

bandabou
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:30 AM
oooppss...

new-york
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:55 AM
JamJam reverse machine. :devil:

TomTennis
Jun 18th, 2006, 10:48 AM
haha. Once again Pierce0415 looks like an idiot!!!! :worship: :lol: lmao!

Love it! hahahahahahaha!