PDA

View Full Version : -?Please HELP-COMPUTER QUESTION: Problems burning DVD+RW's?-

AK-DH Fan
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Hey guys,

For u computer guys out I have a question?

I just got a DVD recorder :) and was curious to see if I could put some of the matches i've downloaded from wtaworld onto a DVD+RW and watch it on there. I downloaded the neccessary programs in order to convert the avi files( the type of file alot of matches come in) to DVD. I've been using programs like VSO Convert X to Dvd
http://www.efreedown.com/soft_142702.html and Super DVD Creator 9.20 http://www.alldj.com/ without a problem, but none of them are recognizing that the DVD+RW is put into the computer. It keeps on asking me to put the disc in and I already have. I thought maybe it was just a faulty disk, so I tried again with aother one, and then another, but it still didn't work.

Does anybody know what the problem maybe? I'm pretty confused cause I thought a DVD+RW was just a recordable disk that was rewriteable. So I thought it would be able to be burned. The only thing I can really think of is just using plain old DVD+R, but I don;t see why it would make that much of a difference.

I'm hoping someone can help me out since I know there are people who've download matches on DVD's before.

PS. Just for further info. I'm using a Dell Laptop(Prob. doesn't matter, but the more info the better a guess)

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me out :wavey:

controlfreak
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:36 PM
What brand of DVDs did you buy, many of them are so badly made they have a lower than 50% success rate. They even sell bad DVDs with forged packaging in many places.

On www.videohelp.com and www.digitalfaq.com you can learn more about what media to look for and what to avoid.

By the way, rewritable formats are generally intended for use with data rather than video. I'm not saying it's impossible to make a RW video DVD, but the chances of success are higher with plain DVD+R. Personally I don't find it's worth the time and effort converting stuff to MPEG-2 just so it can be watched on a standalone DVD player.

As a side note, DVD-R and -RW formats are more widely compatible and hold a few extra megabytes than +R and +RW.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:48 PM
i use memorex dvd +r and dvd-r and have never had any problems after a few hundred dvds

AK-DH Fan
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Thanx people!!!!:) I guess I'm staying away from DVD+RW..... I had no clue it was so 50/50. I baught 5 Phillips DVD+RW's

AK-DH Fan
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM
i use memorex dvd +r and dvd-r and have never had any problems after a few hundred dvds

Wow impressive!!! That many :eek: THat seems pretty reliable :wavey: Thanx for the info