PDA

View Full Version : Which player you dislike because she has beaten your fav in Heartbreaking manner?

Mightymirza
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
lets discuss...Which player you 'dislike' not because shes bad player or anything but purely cozshes so good that shes beaten ur fav resulting heartbreat (once or many times)

heartBREAKeRS
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Sharaprova - Hate her for taking Wimbledon away from my darling:(!

Mightymirza
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Let me start with mine..I used to hate Myskina coz she just owned LenaD and ther was no apparant reason..In slump or not Myskina just beat lena in so manytight matches...Esp Moscow final and Wimby 05...i just hated her...But now that things are back on track I like her a lot..

Mightymirza
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
well once upon atime Kim was my abs fav and I also hated Justine for owning her in those finals.. :D ..Here I confessed it..I dont even knowwhy I liked kim so much back then..:D But then somehow I started liking Justine and now shes my darling.And I am glad that she won all those slams.....ALLLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

tfannis
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
ATP, sorry - Sebastien Grosjean is called "The Enemy" at home, because he beat Andre Agassi in the QF of the FO 01, when my mother and I were convinced Andre could achieve The Grand Slam (he was unbeatable during the entire springseason, he had won the AO, Indian Wells and Miami) :( We cursed him :angel: (don't get me wrong, we don't believe in cursing, but since Grosjean's carreer is going downwards since that FO my mom and I wink to eachother fom time to time :lol: )

tfannis
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Oh and I kinda disliked Elena Dementieva in the beginning because she was the next big thing and beat Kim in their first meeting, but it went quite allright for Kim after that ;) Now I like Elena :)

Mightymirza
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:47 PM
ATP, sorry - Sebastien Grosjean is called "The Enemy" at home, because he beat Andre Agassi in the QF of the FO 01, when my mother and I were convinced Andre could achieve The Grand Slam (he was unbeatable during the entire springseason, he had won the AO, Indian Wells and Miami) :( We cursed him :angel: (don't get me wrong, we don't believe in cursing, but since Grosjean's carreer is going downwards since that FO my mom and I wink to eachother fom time to time :lol: )
:lol: thanx u told me from beforei will make sure not to offend u and ur mum :lol: Idun want me or my favs to bejinxed by such superior curse u see.. LOL

tfannis
:lol: thanx u told me from beforei will make sure not to offend u and ur mum :lol: Idun want me or my favs to bejinxed by such superior curse u see.. LOL

:hehehe:

Mightymirza
Oh and I kinda disliked Elena Dementieva in the beginning because she was the next big thing and beat Kim in their first meeting, but it went quite allright for Kim after that ;) Now I like Elena :)
yeah wonder how things change.. eh??

Tripp
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Why would anyone HATE anyone because he/she beat their fave in a tennis match? That's childish :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I tend to grow respect for the player who beats my faves in a ´heartbreaking´ manner...hate someone just because your fave just sucked against her? That´s indeed stupid.

JackFrost
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I "hate" no player.
I dislike some. But not because they have beaten a fave of mine.

tfannis
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hate is a big word indeed, but it's a pretty normal reaction to dislike a player for standing in the way of your fave :unsure: Not very rational or mature, but emotional ;)

Dexter
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I tend to grow respect for the player who beats my faves in a ´heartbreaking´ manner...hate someone just because your fave just sucked against her? That´s indeed stupid.exactly! :yeah: I started to be Dinara-fan after she crushed my Anci in Berlin 2005 :lol: :angel:

*JR*
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Where is PierceCheng when there's a thread that's tailor made for him? :lol:

tennisIlove09
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I dont hate any tennis player. There are tennis players I dislike, but its not because they beat my favorite.

tenn_ace
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I don't hate her, but I was mad at Jennifer at the time when she beat Martina :sad:

AyumiMorita
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
i hate Schiavone b/c she beat Sugiyama at the US Open in the round of 16
after Ai led a set and 5-2 and went on to lost four days later due to rain delay
and she's never beaten Schiavone after that (many 3 set losses)

Mightymirza
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I tend to grow respect for the player who beats my faves in a ´heartbreaking´ manner...hate someone just because your fave just sucked against her? That´s indeed stupid.
Hey most of people are stupid :p...LOL clearly you dont seem to belongto that class..When I say hate I mean dislike actually...You dont HATE anyone do you??I mean I dontthink people actually HATE each other..Unless they r lunatic..

Freakan
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I'm too mature for that :p

V-MAC
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:14 PM
:o ok I'll admit I really HATED Sprem for a while when she beat Venus at Wimbly but I think under the circumstances, it was kind of understandable :shrug: I don't hate her any more though, in fact, I think she's alright :hug:

auntie janie
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Why would anyone HATE anyone because he/she beat their fave in a tennis match? That's childish :rolleyes:

Maybe because a lot of children post here? ;)

For me, it's up to the player who loses a heartbreaker to come back strong and beat that opponent the next time. A player's determination and ability to do that is one of the things that makes her my favorite in the first place. :kiss:

The Daviator
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I must say, Pierce pissed me off a bit last year beating Linds twice :lol:

Other than that, I don't really mind, you're annoyed at them for maybe a day, and then you move on :)

msharafan
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:36 PM
i hated venus soooo much last year when she took maria's crown at wimby, it still hurts to this day, but as time as gone by it has eased enough for me to say i respect her as a player but if venus beats maria again i will be having the hatred issue again. i dont think its childish i just think its being upset and dealing with a loss. different fans have different ways of coping. some feel hatred towards the player that beat their fav and some just see it as a loss. i also hated safina for beating maria, cause she should have won and i hated serena when she beat her at the aussie open. but then again im sure fans have reasons to hate maria, ie serena fans when she beat her at wimby and yec championships and other such occasions. also there are losses when i just think aw well it was just a loss, but the player i most ever hated was venus at wimby last year. ill never forget her jumping up and down with that smile on her face and maria trying to hold back the tears! :(

xin_hui
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:39 PM

lol....i remember those days. they, together with dokic, were like the next big things, and kim and elena were the two youngest players at YEC 2000 :lol: elena won in the 3rd 6-4 after kim led 4-2

ashwu
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Where is PierceCheng when there's a thread that's tailor made for him? :lol:

exactly what i thought:lol:

Sam L
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Steffi Graf, Jennifer Capriati and Venus Williams.

AaronJoyB
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I dislike Pierce when she beated Steffi RG 94

muniu
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Henin Hardenne :mad:
AO 2004 Final 4-3 Ad Henin ,Clijsters drive was in but Henin told that it was out :o!!!!!!And Henin broke Kimmy!!:sad:

TomTennis
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
i hated venus soooo much last year when she took maria's crown at wimby, it still hurts to this day, but as time as gone by it has eased enough for me to say i respect her as a player but if venus beats maria again i will be having the hatred issue again. i dont think its childish i just think its being upset and dealing with a loss. different fans have different ways of coping. some feel hatred towards the player that beat their fav and some just see it as a loss. i also hated safina for beating maria, cause she should have won and i hated serena when she beat her at the aussie open. but then again im sure fans have reasons to hate maria, ie serena fans when she beat her at wimby and yec championships and other such occasions. also there are losses when i just think aw well it was just a loss, but the player i most ever hated was venus at wimby last year. ill never forget her jumping up and down with that smile on her face and maria trying to hold back the tears! :(

Precious Memories :hearts: :drool: :lol: jk :wavey:

I was in totaly disgust over the whole Sprem thing at Wimbledon 2004. I didnt HATE her and dont today, I guess you are just trying to put blame on someone because they beat your favrouite.

new-york
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I dont hate any tennis player. There are tennis players I dislike, but its not because they beat my favorite.

ditts.

Nicbob
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Mary Pierce... she defeated my elena in the semis at the us open...i have despised her since, and is glad she isnt playing right now

rjd1111
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Justine: The Cheating Match

sfselesfan
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Henin Hardenne :mad:
AO 2004 Final 4-3 Ad Henin ,Clijsters drive was in but Henin told that it was out :o!!!!!!And Henin broke Kimmy!!:sad:

She cheats too much!

I dislike some players, but not because of who they beat. I look more at their behavior. Vaidisova's behavior needs to improve or she'll end up on my sh*t list. J.Cap was on my list for a little while, so was Hingis. Now, due to the aforementioned behavior, Justine is on my list.

SF

madame_maria
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
well i usually get upset with players that beat my idols. it's the whole OMG you beat my number 1 idol you *@U$*%#*^! it's really funny but it's only for like a while. a good night's sleep. and i'll wake up just fine.

alright i was FUMING with safina after she beat Maria at Roland Garros. but i got over it hitting out at the tennis balls the next day when i was playing so :) i was kidding with my friend saying "i'm playing for Maria!". he called me a gorilla but whatever it was kinda funny and we laughed it off. WELL he was upset after Lindsay lost to Venus last year at Wimbledon and he still doesn't exactly like Venus much. although i've to say that my respect for Venus is like UP THERE.

she really is one of those legends you'd remember years from now. the way we remember Steffi. :) hopefully Maria wins as much and does as well as Venus has done in her career. i've never supported anyone so much in my life. hahahahahaha except perhaps my mates when they're in the national sports competitions :)

muniu
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM
She cheats too much!

I dislike some players, but not because of who they beat.
I hate Justine bec she chetas in big matches!!!!!!!not bec she beat my fav!

JackFrost
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Should I dislike Jamea Jackson now that she has beaten Jelena J. 7:5 in the third Set in Birmingham? :mad:
Just kidding. ;)

No.1Hingis
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I can say " I hate that player cause ... her attitud, her character,her comments, no show, etc" but not cause beat my fav.. cause this is a game and time you win times not.. is a cicle.. and well.. for me revange always is there and is a exciting part of tennis.. I guess everybody is physically capable to beat others.. just the work and skills are the differences.. No, that isnt one of my reasons to hate a player..

iPatty
Jun 15th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I hate Venus. She beats Patty all the time. :sobbing:

manu32
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM
henin against jen cap sf USO......what a cinema......

kosmikgroove
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM

:secret: this is wtaworld we're talking about

SoClose
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I hate Kim because she beat venus at US OPEN 2005!!!

Valou
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I can't stand Mauresmo ! She won Mary Pierce in the final of the YEC last year... I was so disapointed ! Come back Mary, and take your revenge !

Tennace
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I used to not like Bovina since she beat Dokic 6-2, 6-3 or something like it at the USO 2002 and that sent Jelena into her slump. I ow kind of like Bovina :llol:

Mary Pierce I disliked for beating Dokiv 6-2, 6-7, 7-6 after at the USO 2003 after Jelena saved a MP at 4-5 in the 2nd and Jelena was up 5-1 in the 3rd.

I never liked Razzano much and I disliked her more after beating Jelena at the AO 2006 after Jelena had 2 MPs at 6-5 in the 2nd set.

Petrova kind of for beating Nicole and the USO 2005 7-5, 7-6 after Nicole led 5-2 in the 1st.

I didnt like Hantuchova for a short period of time after she beat Jelena at the Sparkassan Cup 2002, I think that was the year, but now Dani is my 2nd favorite :lol: After seeing picutres of her :lol: :hearts:

Klara Koukalova for beating Nicole 6-3, 6-0 in Tokyo 2004 but now I like Klara a lot :lol:

Sharapova for beating Dokic 6-4, 6-4 at Wimby 2003 and breaking Jelenas streak of getting to atleast the 4th round every year in her career there, but now I kind of like Maria :lol:

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Usually I hate them for a while and then I get to like them :lol:

Myskina - RG 04 :mad: now :hearts:
Serena - Wimbledon 03 now :hearts:

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
There's going to be a lot of WS hatin' up in here. :lol:

But, mine are Maria for taking Wimby from my babygirl in 2004 and Justine for RG '03.

msharafan
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
There's going to be a lot of WS hatin' up in here. :lol:

But, mine are Maria for taking Wimby from my babygirl in 2004 and Justine for RG '03.

see both ws fans and maria fans hate each other because of the losses they have given each other! lo i think its time to make the peace! only after maria wins wimby though! nah only kiddin, but if maria does lose to whoever it is at wimby i will hate them for at least a month so be warned, especially venus fans! lol

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
:lol: Exactly. :yeah:

Oh you're all so mature and above it all. :rolleyes: Please, give me a break. I've seen some of you say some scathing things about players you couldn't possibly hate.

It's called sports hate and if you follow other sports, you'll see that fans of one team hate another team or the players, etc. It's the same for tennis or any other competitive sport. It's called sports hate. How can you say you love a player, when you don't know your fave personally? The same goes for the expression of hate. You don't know them personally and if you did, you may even grow to love them, but since you don't and they are your fave's biggest rival, they are they enemy. They steal your joy when they beat your fave. :lol: It's not personal or maybe it is sometime when you don't like their character or personality, but it's still about the sport, because you wouldn't know anything about them if not for the sport they play in. There's nothing wrong with it.

Maryamator
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
elena dementieva defeats jennifer capriati...us open
JHH defeats jennifer capriati usopen

im never forgeting thees 2 matches ever..

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
see both ws fans and maria fans hate each other because of the losses they have given each other! lo i think its time to make the peace! only after maria wins wimby though! nah only kiddin, but if maria does lose to whoever it is at wimby i will hate them for at least a month so be warned, especially venus fans! lol
I agree :hug: I appreciate your candor and honesty. I hate it when people hate my fave because they beat their fave, and try to disguise it with criticisms of my fave being arrogant, or they don't play classic tennis or something else irrelevant. :rolleyes: Just call it what it is. :)

leviathane
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
i hate anna Ivanovic and Nicole Vaidisovawhen they beat Ame in FO 05 and 06

vanillalatte
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
this is so childish.. not even i do that and i guess i'm younger than the most of you.

:rolleyes:

:inlove:
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Jennifer Capriati UO 04. :mad:
Justine Henin RG 03. :mad:

Everyone else I either dislike, like or love. :wavey:

:p

I'm soo mature. :banana:

LUXXXAS
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Sharapova :rolleyes:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:57 PM
sorry mauresmo fans i will always dislike amelie i find her boring ! on a tennis court

I love Sofia Arvidsson
Nadia Petrova For Beating her in Linz

RR-87
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Henin for beating Nastya at Olympics :fiery:

Castano for beating Jidkova at US Open :(

ToeTag
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
MJF.

I used to cringe when I would see her name on Gaby's side of the draw. I think she cost Gaby a few slams. :fiery:

Lulu.
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Sharapova.....For many reasons!

Esp. Wimbledon 04

Derek.
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I used to hate Molik in 2004 because she was Danka's nightmare for a while. :o Then Danka started to beat her so it was ok. :wavey: :lol:

Derek.
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I didnt like Hantuchova for a short period of time after she beat Jelena at the Sparkassan Cup 2002, I think that was the year, but now Dani is my 2nd favorite :lol: After seeing picutres of her :lol: :hearts:

Klara Koukalova for beating Nicole 6-3, 6-0 in Tokyo 2004 but now I like Klara a lot :lol:

Sharapova for beating Dokic 6-4, 6-4 at Wimby 2003 and breaking Jelenas streak of getting to atleast the 4th round every year in her career there, but now I kind of like Maria :lol:

OMG! :eek: You are nuts! :lol:

You hated a player and then now they are like one of your top favorites! :o :smash: ;)

Danči Dementia
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I hate Mary Pierce when that infamous 12 minute break agains my Lena.

I hate Sharapova 'cos she beat Dani in AO 2006 and for 1 million reasons more ;) .

I hate Henin-Hardenne too.

And I don't like Myskina 'cos all the times that she wins over Lena D and Dani but I don't hate her.

that's all.

tennislover
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Conchita :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
that German fury :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

-VSR-
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I hate injuries! :fiery:

RJWCapriati
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Justine after the 2003 U.S. Open SF - but after a few days I realized she is a great fighter and she played her heart out - thats why I am a fan of hers.

Justine Fan
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:35 AM
She cheats too much!

I dislike some players, but not because of who they beat. I look more at their behavior. Vaidisova's behavior needs to improve or she'll end up on my sh*t list. J.Cap was on my list for a little while, so was Hingis. Now, due to the aforementioned behavior, Justine is on my list.

SF

And I bet they are all absolutely heartbroken :haha: :haha:

We can see that you having them on your hit list really affects their game! Keep it up PLEASE because all the players that you have mentioned apart from Jen (who is injured) are playing really well. :lol: :yeah:

Justine Fan
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:37 AM
henin against jen cap sf USO......what a cinema......

Did she cheat in that one? :haha: :haha:

Justine Fan
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:40 AM
:secret: this is wtaworld we're talking about

:yeah:

That's right, where only a handful of posters really know about the game of tennis and the rest are just children who worship the player not dis-similar to idolising pop stars or actors :rolleyes:

Shame really!

sfselesfan
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:52 AM
:yeah:

That's right, where only a handful of posters really know about the game of tennis and the rest are just children who worship the player not dis-similar to idolising pop stars or actors :rolleyes:

Shame really!

Yeah, because your posts are SOOOOOOO insightful...

SF

switz
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:14 AM
i hate people who hate people for such childish reasons

cruisepops
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:37 AM
i Detest J2h For Many Reasons!

angiee3
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:44 AM
JHH for beating Nastya at the Olympics..
that's the reason for me not liking her as a tennis player.... (not excluding some other reasons...).. but at least she seems as a great person offcourt...

anlavalle
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Ana and Nicole for beating Amelie in RG :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
Serena for beating Amelie in wimby 2004 and the yec 2004 :fiery:

anlavalle
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:56 AM
and JHH of course, but you know why