PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging Mary to enter Hopman Cup...

Mary Pierce
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Hi Guys :wavey:

I've just read some news that Venus has accepted a place at next years Hopman Cup to play for USA and I thought wouldn't it be great if Mary played the event again next year.

I think she made the final when she played their with Cedric Piolene (don't quote me!) I think in 97 and I know she would really enjoy the round robin format - not to mention a guaranteed 3 games!

So my idea is that whenever one of us fans sees Mary we ask her to consider playing Hopman Cup next year before another French player commits!

Maybe I should email the tournament director and suggest that he contact Mary and ask her :eek: :)

What do you think?

Lu_Weird
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:00 AM
It's in 98

stefi62
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I promise you, if I ever see her again this year, I ask her! You're right, that'd be a great idea. I'd like to see her playing with Fabrice Santoro! :bounce:

ashwu
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM
mary won all her singles that year, and only lost one mixed-doubles match...

Mary Pierce
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I promise you, if I ever see her again this year, I ask her! You're right, that'd be a great idea. I'd like to see her playing with Fabrice Santoro! :bounce:

Thanks, I hope you can ask her! I'll try to find the tournament directors email and suggest he ask Mary! :D

Sund7101
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM
That would be awesome if she played with Fabrice, and she'd have so much fun playing with him. What a team that would be!

Mark Spruce
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hello,

It would be great to see Mary play again the Hopman Cup

Mark
Hi Guys :wavey:

I've just read some news that Venus has accepted a place at next years Hopman Cup to play for USA and I thought wouldn't it be great if Mary played the event again next year.

I think she made the final when she played their with Cedric Piolene (don't quote me!) I think in 97 and I know she would really enjoy the round robin format - not to mention a guaranteed 3 games!

So my idea is that whenever one of us fans sees Mary we ask her to consider playing Hopman Cup next year before another French player commits!

Maybe I should email the tournament director and suggest that he contact Mary and ask her :eek: :)

What do you think?

Sir David Pierce
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:06 AM
If she actually played there, she should play together with Julien Benneteau he is in a great shape!

dAVE

squig2k
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:30 PM
wd be great to get match practice and also be a bigger part of french tennis than she already is :)

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
If she actually played there, she should play together with Julien Benneteau he is in a great shape!

dAVE

Sorry but I don't think he's the best to play with Mary ...

Why not an "in-shape" Gasquet who has already won a mixed slam ?

It would be great to see "the Best French player" who has ever existed playing with the most talented French player who is probably the best chance for France to have a big champion !

They would be unbeatable, for sure ...

And a final between France (Pierce/Gasquet) and Swiss (Hingis/Federer) wxould be absolutely WOW :eek:

Sund7101
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry but I don't think he's the best to play with Mary ...

Why not an "in-shape" Gasquet who has already won a mixed slam ?

It would be great to see "the Best French player" who has ever existed playing with the most talented French player who is probably the best chance for France to have a big champion !

They would be unbeatable, for sure ...

And a final between France (Pierce/Gasquet) and Swiss (Hingis/Federer) wxould be absolutely WOW :eek:
Are Roger and Martina playing with each other for sure? That would be an awesome match, I would love to see that!

Mark Spruce
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I do not mind who Mary play's with, just seeing Mary play would be enough.

Mark

Wizzy Maryfan
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Are Roger and Martina playing with each other for sure? That would be an awesome match, I would love to see that!

No no I was only dreaming :angel:

But they have already played together so ...

and if Swiss dosen't play, we can have a USA/France final with Venus and Blake against Mary and Gasquet ! :cool:

Or Russia with Safin and Myskina or her own sister :confused: