PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from the Wild Cards at Wimbledon

Lenafan
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I don't know how to start a poll, but I am curious what you think the Wildcards will do at Wimbledon. Here's a list from another thread.

WC list
Wild Cards:
1. Azarenka, Viktoria
2. Keothavong, Anne
3. Radwanska, Agnieszka
4. Borwell, Sarah
5. O'Brien, Katie
6. South, Melanie
7. Molik, Alicia
8. Brit WC play-off winner

IceHock
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:51 PM
i can see azarenka,radwanska,and molik getting through some rounds.molikcould go far if she's fully healthy

watchdogfish
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I hope the British players will perform better this year, but unfortunately they seem content in picking up their guaranteed £8,000 cheque.

©@®eLess
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:23 AM
a brit can win a round only if organizers fix the draw (like birmingham) so 2 of them meet in first round (if this happens-there's nothing that can deny that WTA doesn't fix the draws)

Keothavong has the best Brit chances if she gets a Q or any non grass player

Azarenka :) and Agy can go far :)

PointBlank
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:35 AM
The only ones I can see winning a round are Azarenka, Keothavong, Radwanska, and Molik. Ive never seen the others play so I cant really judge on those. I think Azarenka and Molik have atleast a round because of their style of play, very agressive and a good serve. Keothavong because shes the Brits best grass court player currently, except Baltacha, but shes out. Radwanska because she won this as a junior last year and she has tons of confidence coming in after Warsaw especially.

LegionArgentina
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:39 AM
1. Azarenka, Viktoria,2nd Round
2. Keothavong, Anne, 1st Round
3. Radwanska, Agnieszka, 2nd Round
4. Borwell, Sarah, 1st Round
5. O'Brien, Katie , 1st Round
6. South, Melanie, 1st round
7. Molik, Alicia , 4th round

The british who won the first round def another british, they suck.

tyk101
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Anne's loss at Birmingham of 6-3 6-0 illustrates she doesn't really stand a chance, even if it was against Danillidou (who hasn't been playing well at all of late). Her only hope is to meet a lesser ranked player or someone who retires!