PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at Wimbledon.

Andrew..
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Pregnancy.

MH0861
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:11 AM
As it stands now, Lindsay is entered into Wimbledon. There has been nothing from her signaling a possible withdrawl, and thus, there will be no talk of one in this thread. Unless it actually happens. Those are the rules.

Seeding

Lindsay will be seeded #6 at Wimbledon, barring withdrawls from players ranked above her. That will not change. Seedings are taken from the rankings following Birmingham. Nobody below her is playing, so she can't be passed. Still, Birmingham results are important for Lindsay. Read below.

Possible Draws

The following players could play Lindsay in the following rounds:

Round of 16: Pierce, Schnyder, Myskina, Williams (Schiavone)

Pierce might not even play, and even if she did, grass is probably her worst surface. Patty blows on the stuff, ditto Myskina. But, then there's Venus. That would be the worst draw. Ever. Schiavone is listed for two reasons. One, if Pierce pulls out, she's in the top 12 seeds. Two, if she reaches the Birmingham final and Pierce plays, Venus is bumped out of the top 12 seedings, which means Lindsay won't play her in the QF.

Quarterfinals: Mauresmo, Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne, Sharapova

Ugh. Mauresmo could be a win here. Maybe Maria. Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne, sigh. I won't elaborate here.

Anyway, that's the situation. So cheer.

Thanks for this. :)

Did you have that same outlook for a potential Clijsters match last year too?

The Daviator
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Nice intro Andrew :)

Don't you just know it'll be Linds-Vee in R4 :o Anyone else and I'd be confident, as for the 1/4s, the ones she needs to avoid are Sharpie and Henin-H, Mauresmo I feel will lose early this year and even if she doesn't, her game simply cannot trouble Lindsay, she's just one of those girls who plays into Lindsay's hands, Clijsters doesn't seem to have the will to win or the fight anymore, and she's less sharp this year as opposed to '05 when we took her out...

Best case scenario - Schnyder (R4), Mauresmo (QF)

Worst case scenario - Venus (R4), Sharapova (QF) :o

Lindsayfan32
Jun 15th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Great idea about no threads about Lindsay's possiable withdrawal until it happens as I am sick of hearing rumours I only want the facts. Let's hope she fighting fit and ready for another run like last year but with the winning ending this time.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah!!! Lindsay will play!!

lindsayno1
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:05 AM
i was randomly talkin to one of jelena jankovic's mates whilst watching her play peng, whos also friends with Gronefeld. She asked me who my fave player was and I said 'Lindsay Davenport' and she had nothing but praise for her. She was like 'Oh Lindsay is a brilliant girl!!! Shes got such a humour. I love her for how she just gets on with it and doesnt do the whole media thing. Shes winding down now though, but a top girl! Shes always so lovely!!!'

Andrew..
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Sexy.

Elldee
Jun 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM
i was randomly talkin to one of jelena jankovic's mates whilst watching her play peng, whos also friends with Gronefeld. She asked me who my fave player was and I said 'Lindsay Davenport' and she had nothing but praise for her. She was like 'Oh Lindsay is a brilliant girl!!! Shes got such a humour. I love her for how she just gets on with it and doesnt do the whole media thing. Shes winding down now though, but a top girl! Shes always so lovely!!!'

A TOP girl, eh?

Andrew..
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Updated. Seeds pretty much set now.

The Daviator
Jun 19th, 2006, 05:20 PM
She's out :sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 19th, 2006, 05:27 PM
:sobbing:

Kimmi
Jun 19th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Bugger. I just saw the article on the BBC.

That's it. I'm done.

LethalLindsay
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well thanx for "The Rules"..................didn't work out too well for ya' did it?

mike/topgun
Jun 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Through all those years I got used to it, really:tape:
Hope she's pregnant ;)- rather than still injured...
The end is near...
But, hey guys when she said back in 2001 that proabably she's going to have a baby before 30, and plus after all those injuries I, personally, never really thought I'd see Lindsay playing in 2004, 2005 and 2006. And look what she did 2 GS finals, another 14 tourneys won, n1 for almost 100 weeks, earned over 21 milion dollars, won way over 1000 matches on tour etc...:)
Wimbledon won't be the same without her:tape: That's a fact.
Venus and Masha are my only hope for a good GS final;)
I won't be surprised if Lindsay retires before Stanford, or after pulling out of the summer season.
I really do hope she's pregnant, and not injured like I thought.

MH0861
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Funny. Nobody thought she'd really ever end her career at Indian Wells like she said she might a few years ago.

The Daviator
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Funny. Nobody thought she'd really ever end her career at Indian Wells like she said she might a few years ago.

That's exactly what I thought when she pulled out of the French, last match at IW, to her great rival Martina, you'd think it would be the best way for her to go out...

I just hope it's not true :sad:

Elldee
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM
That's exactly what I thought when she pulled out of the French, last match at IW, to her great rival Martina, you'd think it would be the best way for her to go out...

An early loss in one of her favourite tournements where she's done because of a back injury is in NO WAY the best way for her to go out.. that's like saying the best way to die is to be killed.

MH0861
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:42 PM

The pregnancy rumors are swirling all around now. Part of me would be really happy for her, but the other part of me hopes she's going to give one more run this summer. She atleast deserves to go out gunning for one more US Open title and playing all the CA tournaments she adores one more time (especially since she missed them last year).

The Daviator
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:55 PM
An early loss in one of her favourite tournements where she's done because of a back injury is in NO WAY the best way for her to go out.. that's like saying the best way to die is to be killed.

A bit of an exaggeration there, I'm sure a loss to her greatest rival at her favourite tournament is a pretty special way to go out, regardless of the round...

I can think of worse ways :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Jun 19th, 2006, 08:57 PM
The pregnancy rumors are swirling all around now. Part of me would be really happy for her, but the other part of me hopes she's going to give one more run this summer. She atleast deserves to go out gunning for one more US Open title and playing all the CA tournaments she adores one more time (especially since she missed them last year).

I know, I'd love to see her on the Cally hard courts too, although if she misses that part of the season then things will become really bleak, if she can't make her favourite part of the season, then she'll hardly be up for the Autumn European indoor season will she?

mike/topgun
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I know, I'd love to see her on the Cally hard courts too, although if she misses that part of the season then things will become really bleak, if she can't make her favourite part of the season, then she'll hardly be up for the Autumn European indoor season will she?
She won't, there's no way she would force herself to play in PGP again;)
Maybe it's not a good way to end her career, but losing to Marti in IW was kinda symbolic to me.
It'd be better if she ended her career in style by winning something big, or competing at her best, but since the back problem showed up last year Lindsay was hardly in form, and it'd be a real surpirsie if she comes back strong enough to play whateva and to enjoy it. Somehow I just let it go, since IW, and although stayed positive about her comeback I did never believe she'll make it. I hope Lindsay's going to prove me wrong.

Andrew..
Jun 19th, 2006, 11:31 PM
She never said that. It was pure speculation, started by the legendary Aussie media.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:41 AM
She never said that. It was pure speculation, started by the legendary Aussie media.

She said herself she was only making a schedule through March and Indian Wells a year or two ago - obviously it didn't happen, but it was certainly something she thought about.

Andrew..
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Yes, she said she was only planned through March - she never said that's where she'd end. She just hadn't planned beyond that.

MH0861
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Yes, she said she was only planned through March - she never said that's where she'd end. She just hadn't planned beyond that.

Well, I interpreted it to be a place where she could could theoretically stop if she wanted to, and like I said she didn't. But it's always been one of her favorite tournaments and that's where I was coming from.

Do you think she's coming back?

The Daviator
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:07 AM
So you now think she's pregnant Andrew?

Andrew..
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Maybe. I don't know.

I kind of doubt it. Lindsay is a professional athlete, who wants to keep playing for a little bit while longer. She's been married for three years, I think she knows what she's doing when it comes to sex. She's probably on birth control, which is very, very effective. And, sorry to be blunt, but you'd have to assume Jon wears condoms. Thus, the chances of an accident are very, very slim.

Andrew..
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Oh, and she better show up at San Diego this year. Or she'll have to do serious penance.

!<blocparty>!
Jun 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM
She isn't pregnant. Fuck stupid Italian gossips.

RE: Wimbledon. Whatever, I'll just have to cheer MARIA and KIM and VENUS now. CMON!!!

Elldee
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe. I don't know.

I kind of doubt it. Lindsay is a professional athlete, who wants to keep playing for a little bit while longer. She's been married for three years, I think she knows what she's doing when it comes to sex. She's probably on birth control, which is very, very effective. And, sorry to be blunt, but you'd have to assume Jon wears condoms. Thus, the chances of an accident are very, very slim.

This is probably going a bit far in our Lindsay discussion but after three years of marriage I very much doubt they use condoms. The pill, however, is so effective and if Lindsay is pregnant I'm pretty sure it was planned... she might just have been at home, thinking how's she is nearly thirty and just thinking 'why not?'. To be honest, I thought she might get a 'fuck tennis' attitude after Wimbledon and she came back strong at the end of the year.

Frederic
Jun 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Pffff, I've just seen what's going on... I'm very disappointed about Wimbledon's withdrawal... Now, I think it's the end, and she won't be back again on tour. It's hard to skip a part of the year and come back fully fit... She needed about 2 years to become again n1, but now, I suppose she doesn't want to work soo hard to do it again...

mike/topgun
Jun 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
maybe it's both...I mean maybe it's like Lindsay's being injured and same time thinking bout pregnancy
her best chance would be this years Wimbledon, but it won't, so I guess she's smart enough to figure out the situation herself

lindsayno1
Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
ugh, wimbledons gonna be so naff now.....

sweet_angel23
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:19 AM
im missin linds... im not that keen to stay late at night just to watch wimby anymore..

Frederic
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:34 AM
im missin linds... im not that keen to stay late at night just to watch wimby anymore..
It's the same for me... :sad:

Andrew..
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Lindsay's agent said she'll be playing again in "late July". I'm assuming that means Stanford. Guess she's not pregnant.

mike/topgun
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Lindsay's agent said she'll be playing again in "late July". I'm assuming that means Stanford. Guess she's not pregnant.
At last some good news.
Lindsay's agent was right about the RG and Wimbledon withdrawals, so he is the credible source.
I hope they'll manage to get her fit enough to play at least around like 70% of her potential, cos I doubt she'll ever reach her top physical fitness again.
Yeah, it really could've been worse, but still it means that her back is hampering her comeback, and I'm not really surprised by that at all, while I was not the one who insisited her injury was fake:tape:
Guess, that if nothing unexpected happens in the nearsest future, we'll see Lindsay again on court in a month time.;). Great news:worship:

MH0861
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the update. :)

I'm hoping she can play herself back into form by the US Open.

Frederic
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the news...

lindsayno1
Jun 26th, 2006, 04:52 PM
just watched last years final again - they showed it cos its a rain delay. She should have won....

MH0861
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:06 PM
just watched last years final again - they showed it cos its a rain delay. She should have won....

I don't know how you did it. I could barely watch the clip of the 25 stroke point on youtube.

Elldee
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I don't know how you did it. I could barely watch the clip of the 25 stroke point on youtube.

To be fair, that was perhaps the worst point of the match... but no, I couldn't rewatch the final.

Andrew..
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah. I turned it off.

Dexter
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:50 PM
On DSF (german TV station that broadcasts Wimbledon) they showed last 2 games of the final from '99.
:awww: She was so cute at the end. I miss her so much even she's not my fave :sad:

dav abu
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Wish they had shown '99. I can't watch a second of last years final - still too painful!

mike/topgun
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
How comes she didn't win then?
IMO Lindsay fought her heart out in that match, gave her all and ended with a serious back injury which has been bothering her ever since then. Those are the consequences for now.
How it went exactly? Well, in the 2nd set Lindsay saved a set point at *4-5 with a great serve. She served for the championship at 6-5 in the 2nd set and couldn't do much about those 3 straight winners from VW, but then made an awful BH error and the tie break was on:tape:.
In the tie break she fall behind 1-5 while Venus played flawless tennis, but then came back winning 3 straight points with 2 winners and 1 error from VW. Then *4-5 failed to level the score with a BH error. The set point at *4-6, where VW showed some great placement.
In the 3rd you could see that it was going to be tough.
The match was very even.
At 3-2 Lindsay "broke" Venus' serve, but it was more due to Williams' unforced errors than anything else. However, the main problem at that moment was the fact, that probably in that particular game, which brought her the 4-2 lead, Lindsay got injured, and it was never the same in that match.
At *4-2 and 40-15 Lindsay double faulted:tape: and there was the lucky volley from Williams which landed just on the line. Errors were creeping into her game more and more. It was obvious that she got injured with her back, and that her chances on winning it were limited to what Venus will do.
What did Venus do? You name it - at 5-4* and 30-all Venus double faulted and there it was - the championship point for Lindsay, but she couldn't do a thing, becouse she was on the run all the time in that point, while VW dictated the point from the very begining with a good wide serve.
In the same game, at deuce, Lindsay didn't finish a 79mph second serve from VW which landed comfortably on her forehand, so it went to a rally that Lindsay should have won! Should have had the second championship point at that moment.:tape: The reast looked even more dramatic, but it was OBVIOUS that Lindsay was struggling with her back, and even though VW made some errors, she stand out well in the big points, so she deserved it.
Nevertheless, For me personaly, the main concern the injury, maybe cos I know how hard it is to play your best at the time when you're struggling with an injury that hampers your serve and general movement. :confused:

MH0861
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:34 PM
IMO Lindsay fought her heart out in that match, gave her all and ended with a serious back injury which has been bothering her ever since then. Those are the consequences for now.
How it went exactly? Well, in the 2nd set Lindsay saved a set point at *4-5 with a great serve. She served for the championship at 6-5 in the 2nd set and couldn't do much about those 3 straight winners from VW, but then made an awful BH error and the tie break was on:tape:.
In the tie break she fall behind 1-5 while Venus played flawless tennis, but then came back winning 3 straight points with 2 winners and 1 error from VW. Then *4-5 failed to level the score with a BH error. The set point at *4-6, where VW showed some great placement.
The match was very even.
At 3-2 Lindsay "broke" Venus' serve, but it was more due to Williams' unforced errors than anything else. However, the main problem at that moment was the fact, that probably in that particular game, which brought her the 4-2 lead, Lindsay got injured, and it was never the same in that match.
At *4-2 and 40-15 Lindsay double faulted:tape: and there was the lucky volley from Williams which landed just on the line. Errors were creeping into her game more and more. It was obvious that she got injured with her back, and that her chances on winning it were limited to what Venus will do.
What did Venus do? You name it - at 5-4* and 30-all Venus double faulted and there it was - the championship point for Lindsay, but she couldn't do a thing, becouse she was on the run all the time in that point, while VW dictated the point from the very begining with a good wide serve.
In the same game, at deuce, Lindsay didn't finish a 79mph second serve from VW which landed comfortably on her forehand, so it went to a rally that Lindsay should have won! Should have had the second championship point at that moment.:tape: The reast looked even more dramatic, but it was OBVIOUS that Lindsay was struggling with her back, and even though VW made some errors, she stand out well in the big points, so she deserved it.
Nevertheless, For me personaly, the main concern the injury, maybe cos I know how hard it is to play your best at the time when you're struggling with an injury that hampers your serve and general movement. :confused:

Ugh. The injury obviously hampered her until about 4-4, but she played fine after that. She should have won this match because she had SO many chances on Venus' serve games. She should have broken early in the third set, and she had so many 15-30 opportunities late in the set. Frustrating.

lindsayno1
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:31 PM
The match was very even.

i dont need a running commentary of a match ive just watched and ive had my own fair share of serious injuries so know the score. So please dont patronise me.

Ill rephrase...she would have won imo if she didnt mess up her back. Even though she picked up her form about 10 mins after her injury time out, i think she was less confident, but still played well. but it was a year ago now...so whatever.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Ugh. I'm really starting to miss her alot. :(

And that match was depressing. I suggest that we ban further discussion of it in this forum. Thanks.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Oh, and I'd also like to remind everyone of Lindsay's last match against Venus:

Lindsay Davenport def. Venus E. S. Williams 6-3 6-1

Oh yeah. Own that.

GrandSlam05
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:52 AM
That match sucked. I can't even count how many times Venus was lucky. Like the two points in a row at 4-4 second set where Vee's slice clipped the net and just dropped on Lind's side, then right after that The Horrible call where Vee's serve up the T was 3 balls wide and was called an ace. Under normal circumstances that would've been love-30 for Linds, but instead was 30-love. I'm not saying Vee didn't pick it up when she needed too, but it also seemed like the stars were really aligned for her, especially when Linds got injured. :mad:
I couldn't watch it all either this time. Too depressing. If only Richard Williams would've picked a different sport than tennis for his daughters.
If I would've known Linds was going to lose, I would've rather seen a routine loss than to sit there and hope and believe for the whole 2 1/2 hrs.
Anyway, I like Lindsay's chances better at the USO this year than Wimbledon. Vee is less deadly there and Justine could easily be sick or injured by then, and Kim is no long the "golden retriever" she once was.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I remember the last time we had an open draw at the US Open. And the time before that. And the other time. And the other one.

MH0861
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Ugh. I'm really starting to miss her alot. :(

And that match was depressing. I suggest that we ban further discussion of it in this forum. Thanks.

Yeah, me too. I didn't really feel it until Wimbledon started today. :sad:

The Daviator
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Oh, and I'd also like to remind everyone of Lindsay's last match against Venus:

Lindsay Davenport def. Venus E. S. Williams 6-3 6-1

Oh yeah. Own that.

:lol:

Well I may aswell give my two cents on the final, to me she would have won had she converted one of those two game points at 40-15 4-2 in the third, that 'breakdown' hurts me more than the break at 6-5 in the second and, of course, the match point. Also, watching that epic rally at 7-6, although Lindsay defended extremely well, she never actually had Venus on the backfoot, Vee was completely comfortable throughout, so I don't really look back on that one with disappointment either...

I'm proud that she'll always be part of that match, because it means she will forever be a part of the Wimbledon annals :angel: And it could have been worse, at least she's won Wimby :tape:

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I really do respect Lindsay for speaking so well about that match. I once lost in the final of my town tournament 7-5 1-6 7-6, after being up 4-0 and 5-3 40-0 in the first set and 4-1 in the third. It was probably a great match, but I was and still am angry. Anyway, two reporters from the two local newspapers were there, and they caught me as I was leaving the facility. And they were like, "Aren't you proud of how you competed? Isn't at least nice to know that you were involved in a match like this?" And my answers were not nearly as nice as Lindsay's. I believe I said something to the effect of, "I lost. That's great that you think it was a good match, but I lost. There's nothing good in losing." Ahh...I need to find that article.

MH0861
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:56 AM
I really do respect Lindsay for speaking so well about that match. I once lost in the final of my town tournament 7-5 1-6 7-6, after being up 4-0 and 5-3 40-0 in the first set and 4-1 in the third. It was probably a great match, but I was and still am angry. Anyway, two reporters from the two local newspapers were there, and they caught me as I was leaving the facility. And they were like, "Aren't you proud of how you competed? Isn't at least nice to know that you were involved in a match like this?" And my answers were not nearly as nice as Lindsay's. I believe I said something to the effect of, "I lost. That's great that you think it was a good match, but I lost. There's nothing good in losing." Ahh...I need to find that article.

Aww. :hug:

I was quite proud of her as well. You and I both know Venus would have had a completely different reaction to the match if she had lost.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Aww. :hug:

I was quite proud of her as well. You and I both know Venus would have had a completely different reaction to the match if she had lost.
Yes. Like that stellar reaction after the 2004 Stanford final.

I'm going to watch that tomorrow. Memories...

MH0861
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yes. Like that stellar reaction after the 2004 Stanford final.

I'm going to watch that tomorrow. Memories...

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking about. I couldn't believe Lindsay won that match. So proud of her there.

Elldee
Jun 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
The match was very even.

LORD. I haven't even read what you've written but I'm almost completely sure I'd disagree with all of it. I'm not gonna argue about the fact that it was ALLLLL about the back because... well, because I don't.

Andrew..
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
LORD. I haven't even read what you've written but I'm almost completely sure I'd disagree with all of it. I'm not gonna argue about the fact that it was ALLLLL about the back because... well, because I don't.
:haha: :haha: :haha:

mike/topgun
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well, tennis is a sport. And there's really nothing to argue about what I wrote...should have read instead of making your point like that:shrug:
Anyway, for me the subject was over long time ago, but I wanted to stop the frustration/ disappointment thing which started when they showed the repeat when the rain came down in London. That's becouse imo it was not frustrating. It was disappointing cos of the injury.
Ill rephrase...she would have won imo if she didnt mess up her back. Even though she picked up her form about 10 mins after her injury time out, i think she was less confident, but still played well. but it was a year ago now...so whatever.
I agree.
i dont need a running commentary of a match ive just watched and ive had my own fair share of serious injuries so know the score. So please dont patronise me.
Was it a running commentary? I've only picked few moments which were crucial for the score. I'm sorry if you felt patronised with my post:tape:

GrandSlam05
Jun 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
I remember the last time we had an open draw at the US Open. And the time before that. And the other time. And the other one.
True, but if we're going to be this negative then why even bother being a fan? :lol: I wasn't watching before 2004, was her draw open in '03 before her beatdown from WaffleHead (which I can't believe she lost so easily BTW).
Sorry about your disappointing match Andrew.
And what did Richard-in-Drag say after Stanford?

MH0861
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:40 AM
True, but if we're going to be this negative then why even bother being a fan? :lol: I wasn't watching before 2004, was her draw open in '03 before her beatdown from WaffleHead (which I can't believe she lost so easily BTW).
Sorry about your disappointing match Andrew.
And what did Richard-in-Drag say after Stanford?

She had really cruisy draws to the SF's in 02 and 03, yes. She didn't play a top 75 player until the 4th round in 03. Didn't play a Top 16 player until her SF against KFC (who owned her that whole summer + foot injury = bleakocity of a loss).

Random: Didn't realize the draw she negotiated in 2000. She beat the Belgians, Dementieva and Serena en route to the final. :lol:

Oh, you know, the usual charming stuff. My personal favorite was "I was playing so horribly and I only lost 7-6 in the third. If I had played half way decently today I would have won" or something to that effect. Probably threw in a "If I didn't hit 60,000 errors I would've won today" and maybe a "It wasn't her, it was me" too.

MH0861
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Was it a running commentary? [b]I've only picked few moments which were crucial for the score.[b] I'm sorry if you felt patronised with my post:tape:

Dear, it was a long match. An effing long match. That went 9-7 in the third. There were lots of crucial moments. :lol:

lindsayno1
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:58 PM
eugh they just showed an interview with Vee before she came on court and they were talking about the final last year.

She was asked something like if she thought she was lucky in the end to win the final. She replied with something like 'No. I have the game and the shots and i know how to be a champion. It wasn't luck, i'm a good winner and a graceful winner at that'.

There was other bits in there too, but i cant remember all that.

:tape: :mad:

Andrew..
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
eugh they just showed an interview with Vee before she came on court and they were talking about the final last year.

She was asked something like if she thought she was lucky in the end to win the final. She replied with something like 'No. I have the game and the shots and i know how to be a champion. It wasn't luck, i'm a good winner and a graceful winner at that'.

There was other bits in there too, but i cant remember all that.

:tape: :mad:
Oh. In her pre-Wimbledon interview, she pretty mcuh said that she stuck with her shots, but her opponent didn't. So she won.

Andrew..
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
She had really cruisy draws to the SF's in 02 and 03, yes. She didn't play a top 75 player until the 4th round in 03. Didn't play a Top 16 player until her SF against KFC (who owned her that whole summer + foot injury = bleakocity of a loss).

Random: Didn't realize the draw she negotiated in 2000. She beat the Belgians, Dementieva and Serena en route to the final. :lol:

Oh, you know, the usual charming stuff. My personal favorite was "I was playing so horribly and I only lost 7-6 in the third. If I had played half way decently today I would have won" or something to that effect. Probably threw in a "If I didn't hit 60,000 errors I would've won today" and maybe a "It wasn't her, it was me" too.
I think she also said if she hit like two less errors a set, she would have won.

mike/topgun
Jun 28th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Oh. In her pre-Wimbledon interview, she pretty mcuh said that she stuck with her shots, but her opponent didn't. So she won.
Actually, that was basicaly how the end looked like:p When Lindsay was getting totaly exhausted, by the end of 3rd set, and then there was the 'Venus - queen of Wimbledon'.
She's so disrespectful towards her opponents:tape:

joaco
Jun 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Lindsay didn't win because she was mentally weaker than Venus. Period. The injury does not justify anything. Had Lindsay gone for her shots and be confident in herself she would have won.
It really hurts me even remembering it so i won't anymore. Hope we don't discuss this issue anymore...

joaco

GrandSlam05
Jun 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
She's so disrespectful towards her opponents:tape:
We shouldn't expect smart things from big Vee. After all this is a woman who hadn't heard of the biggest American news story of 2005 (hurricane Katrina) and replied that she doesn't pay attention to the news.
Let's cut Vee some slack. For someone who has the mentality of an average 10 year old, she's not so bad.

*timtams*
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:16 PM
:bounce: Who can tape/record etc the mauresmo vs stosur match, 2nd on centre court and the venus vs raymond match 2nd on court 1 matches tomorrow......

If anyone happens to be able to do so, let me know xx *becks*
(bbeckyb342057103@aol.com)

GrandSlam05
Jun 30th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Poor Raymond, 2 pts from taking out the Screaming Lion. But hey, I'm kinda glad Queen Vee came thru. If she would've got knocked out early, I would've been even more pissed about Lindsay missing Wimbledon.

lindsayno1
Jun 30th, 2006, 11:02 AM
and even more pissed that Sharapova had an easy route to the final.

Kelly
Jun 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM
and kim gets bleeding walk overs...if kim wins it i hope people give her as much grief a they did when amelie won the ozzy cos of teh 3 retirments..

oh yeah...im back from wimby..it was ok...had a weird moment when i saw adam peterson and immediatley thought lindsay would be near...then it clicked...fuck!! had a txt of forever lindsay and she saw adam again today..any idea on who he is coaching these days?

lindsayno1
Jun 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Shahar Peer

dav abu
Jul 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
still doing the Wimbledon thing, taking a break from it today but we're going to queue for the women's quarters. So far so good but needless to say not the same without Lindsay. We were at the Raymond V Williams match, really thought Lisa was going to take her out and was so pissed off when she didn't

LDF
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM
Poor Raymond, 2 pts from taking out the Screaming Lion. But hey, I'm kinda glad Queen Vee came thru. If she would've got knocked out early, I would've been even more pissed about Lindsay missing Wimbledon.

Jelena's knocked her out on the Graveyard :o

Mauresmo should reach the semis now, though Myskina could beat her if she continues her good form...