PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Eastbourne

nahchillyo
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM
What's to do in town when the matches are over? I've never stepped foot in Eastbourne, been to Brighton plenty of times, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to eat/hangout please let me know. I've been told the town is full of old people!!

:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Eastbourne...... nothing
head to Brighton for fun :lol:

sportsman0811
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:08 AM
There are loads of restaurants in Eastbourne of all types and prices. There is a big out of town Marina with bars etc.
There are a lot of old people but also young and many students as there are some language schools there.
You will often see players walking along the seafront or beach in the evening.A lot of the players stay at the Grand but not all by any means.
It is one of the best tournaments to go to. I have been going there for years. As a pro photographer it gives easy access to the players as they are always wandering around the courts and it's easy to get to the practice courts.
Which hotel are you staying at?

Caz
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:10 AM
What is there to do in Eastbourne?!? Why, square dancing and Mr. Sandman sing-a-longs of course! ;) Failing that, refer back to TBE's response!

Jogi
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Beachy Head, Beach, Pier, Disco....

JoeB_UK
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, if you are one of the people who looks for fun, you arent really going to find it in eastbourne (best to go to brighton). That being said, you will not get any transport to eastbourne after about 11pm, which is ridiculous, and makes it impossible to go anywhere in brighton unless you can drive. Plenty of great cinemas, music venues (show venues, comedy venues etc), restaurants etc in brighton.

Brighton is a great town, probably my favourite town apart from london (and I like living in eastbourne, as I am not the kind who likes to go out, so eastbourne is perfect being so close). People are alot more interesting and varied in brighton too. I prefer to stay at home after enjoying the tennis, then go out :p

nahchillyo
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Which hotel are you staying at?

I'm staying at The Berkeley which is about 2mins from the tournament. As long as i can enjoy good food, chill and meet good ppl Eastbourne will be fine---i hope!! I love Brighton but the hassle of getting there and back will be to much-I'm on holiday! Maybe i'll bump into one of you when i'm in town. Cheers for all the feedback! :)

danra
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Get the 712 bus to Brighton. I think there's also a nightbus route there now - at least on weekends if not all the time.

Eastbourne is God's Waiting Room.

-Sonic-
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM
We're getting an apartment this yr, right next to the grounds apparently - and i'll be there all week, so if anyone wanna meet up for a drink or cower and hide somewhere when it rains, pm me and we can maybe arrange something.