PDA

View Full Version : Justine and the YEC

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen Justine at the top the Porsche Race to the Championships after a dominant performance at Roland Garros. She could clinch a berth into the YEC with a good result at Wimbledon.

The WTA didn't seem to believe her explanation for last year's pull out and fined her. Justine showed up at LA for some press stuff and the fine was negated though. Hopefully the tournament being in Europe will convince Justine not to pull out.
Should the WTA make Justine play the YEC this year no matter what considering her history? Discuss.

DragonFlame
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:02 PM
lol, if she's sick/injured. she just won't play. it's as easy as that and i'm happy with that. :)

grandslamwins>yec

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen Justine at the top the Porsche Race to the Championships after a dominant performance at Roland Garros. She could clinch a berth into the YEC with a good result at Wimbledon.

The WTA didn't seem to believe her explanation for last year's pull out and fined her. Justine showed up at LA for some press stuff and the fine was negated though. Hopefully the tournament being in Europe will convince Justine not to pull out.
Should the WTA make Justine play the YEC this year no matter what considering her history? Discuss.

Anyone that qualifies for the Championships and withdrawls is fined, irregardless of the reason. The WTA offers players an opportunity to have their fine rescinded by making promotional appearances at the event.

The WTA can't make any player play any tournament, however, players can be fined for not showing.

This issue isn't a Justine issue. Many players have been fined for not showing at tournaments due to injury.

You need to lay off the weed.

Dunlop1
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone that qualifies for the Championships and withdrawls is fined, irregardless of the reason. The WTA offers players an opportunity to have their fine rescinded by making promotional appearances at the event.

Irregardless isn't a word. It's like saying irrespectiveless
The correct word is regardless

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing.

I wasn't presenting the word "irregardless" as a proper term. This is a casual forum.

Go hump someone elses posts professor, and stick it up your ass.

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
blah

Allez-H
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM
If my memory serves my right, she was not fined :scratch: She went and did her promoting the tour stuff, and had a valuable reason to withdraw so she didn't get fined

She was fined for missing the 2004 YEC though, for not wanting to do the promoting-thing

faste5683
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM

Her history? :confused:

Yeah, and while they're at it, the YEC should force Jack the Ripper, Attlia the Hun, and Carrot-Top to play as well. Now, that'll be some history for ya!:tape:

:wavey:

saki
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:45 PM
They can't make her. If they fine her, it's fair enough, but I'm sure Justine will just pay the fine if she doesn't think she's up to playing.

loppy
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Justine had stated in several interviews during the French Open that playing a full season and qualifying for YEC is her priority this year, even ahead of defending RG or winning Wimbledon.

:yeah:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:18 PM
If my memory serves my right, she was not fined :scratch: She went and did her promoting the tour stuff, and had a valuable reason to withdraw so she didn't get fined

She was fined for missing the 2004 YEC though, for not wanting to do the promoting-thing

Not surprised really that she didn't want to do the promoting-thing .... she couldn't even get out of bed could she? :sad: So I'm sure the last thing she felt like doing was getting on a plane for a 10 hour journey to LA and then pretending to feel good and be happy!

Dunlop1
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing.

I wasn't presenting the word "irregardless" as a proper term. This is a casual forum.

Go hump someone elses posts professor, and stick it up your ass.

You bad rep me because I corrected your bad grammar?? What are you, 12???

LUIS9
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:58 AM

Tell that to a former friend/ college peer of mine. He swears it's a word in his dictionary and he was an english minor. I am sure he only took alternative courses to complete that minor. :lol:

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:00 AM
well someone nicely posted this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOFj_x6a4c&search=Justine%20Henin

now that's kareoke ;-)

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM
You bad rep me because I corrected your bad grammar?? What are you, 12???

I didn't bad rep you because you thought you corrected my grammar.

I bad repped you for being a presumptuous asshole. This is a discussion forum about tennis, not a place to correct grammar, dumbass.

Do you see the difference now??? :rolleyes: