PDA

View Full Version : Will Hingis play any warm ups Pre-Wimby?

DannerCal
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Wondering if she is going to play at least one warm up. Don't see her on any lists.....Anybody know? :)

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Probally Not

DannerCal
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
too bad. Think it would be good to get her grass game going. Guess she can always wild-card in.

PLP
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
She said somewhere that she was happy to have a break before Wimbledon, so NO. Her losses @ RG always seem to discourage her before Wimby :sad: I hope not too much this year, I do think the break is good for her as she is already very match tough and she said she would get to England early to practice :) not exactly sure when though>P

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:42 PM
She should. Hingis plays her best when she plays warm-ups.

SF

ZAK
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I think it would be smart if she would maybe play only doubles at Eastbourne or something. Some grass court play without the grind of being in a singles event

Ryan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I agree with the doubles comment. Playing dubs at Eastbourne would be an excellent idea - not too much physical strain, it gets her used to the grass, and it's another doubles title to add to her trophy case (as if she could lose to some of the doubles players nowadays :tape: ).

LoveFifteen
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM
It really annoys me that Roland Garros and Wimbledon are so close together. Honestly, it's a horrible scheduling. You can't really take off any time and still play some warm-ups for Wimbledon. The tours need to fix with problem one day. It's annoying.

PLP
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I agree with the doubles comment. Playing dubs at Eastbourne would be an excellent idea - not too much physical strain, it gets her used to the grass, and it's another doubles title to add to her trophy case (as if she could lose to some of the doubles players nowadays :tape: ).
I agree but I think most of us Hingis fans know that she would never do that! She is a proud woman and she want it all ;)

Ryan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I agree but I think most of us Hingis fans know that she would never do that! She is a proud woman and she want it all ;)

True, but it's definately something she should think about. Her two shitty losses in the first round of Wimbledon came without playing any warm ups, and Hingis always plays better after she's worked her way into form. Plus, it cant hurt hitting volleys all day long on grass, and it's a more competitive, productive way of practicing.

DannerCal
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I actually agree with the dubs - and was going to mention, (but also agree that she would never do it). I also wonder if the WTA would give her a hard top - as a top 20 player to not play singles - when some of these events need names. May be a huge hassle factor...

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
she probably should, since she hasn't played a competitive match on grass in years.

alwayshingis
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:29 PM
She has played a warmup for Wimbledon maybe once in her career. She's getting back into her usual schedule. I'm not worried about it. I'll hope for a Wimbledon QF, but I'm expecting an R16 or QF result for her here.

Martian Willow
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:37 PM
She played Rosmalen in 2000, thats it. She said practicing on grass screws up her game (or something like that), so getting used to grass is probably not a priority. :)