PDA

View Full Version : Bush in Iraq (good) & Amnesty Bills Faltering (good)

samsung101
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
*Bush in Iraq on surprise visit yesterday. Glad he met
with some troops, and gave them encouragement on
their tough and dangerous work.

Bush has a surprise visit to Iraq, meets with the new
govt. leadership, and with the troops, good! Nice of the
news media to give it meager coverage. Any President
should visit the troops whenever he can, as long as it is
safe. No reason to make the others around him more of
a target than they are in a war time. But, I'm glad he went,
he should do it again before his term is up. Almost all of
the Cabinet has gone at least once or twice, Rice & Rummy
go regularly.

The press corps this morning asked some of the dumbest questions. They still look mad they were left out of the loop.
Which to me is always amusing, and a good thing.

*Zarqawi is still dead. Good. No, don't hand his body to
his family. Seriously, just give him the regular respectful
burial anyone gets under the circumstances. That's it.
It's far more than he deserves.

*Amnesty Bill Faltering - Immigration Reform having
a tough time in the House. Great. It's terrible law, it's
terrible change, and little more than amnesty for millions
of lawbreakers, and an open door to about 100 million
immigrants over the next 20 years. Legal Immigration
done sanely and moderately is great. Anything else,
w/o true border security & employer sanctions is not
going to work.

samsung101
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM
He was probably also smiling because Rove isn't
going to be indicted. The guy cooperated, as did
the entire White House, and this is what we get.

The sheer disappointment of the wacky left was
very fun to see and read of.

Clinton 8 years - multiple investigations from White
Water to perjury to obstruction to Travelgate to the
money in bags at the temple w/Gore, etc., result ?

67 indictments.
34 convictions.

I point this out only because about half of the
indictments were found to be bogus. The people
were cleared, found not guilty, acquitted, hung
juries, etc. Very innocent people can quickly and
easily find themselves indicted in a political firestorm
from either party. As others have said, getting
indicted isn't that hard to have happen. So, if
Rove is walking free of indictment, Fitzgerald couldn't
even find a weak charge against him that would stick.

lakeway11
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Bush is Iraq good...he should stay there for good

Amnesty Bill...anyone who votes for such should be tried for treason

Volcana
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Amnesty Bill...anyone who votes for such should be tried for treasonThey might as well pass it. They aren't going to remove 11 million people from the country. Their kids are citizens anyway. They'll still go to school. Still use hospital bed. Still make boatloads of money for their employers. (The actual traitors.)

The equation is simple.

a) It takes a lot of money to be elected to Federal office.

b) Businesses, and the people who own them, have more money to give than individuals voters.

c) Businesses want cheap labor that they have total control over.

d) Illegal immigrants constitute a source of cheap, controllable labor.

A politician who supports removing cheap labor from a business is getting any political donations from that business.

They won't pass 'immigration reform', but the number of illegal aliens is going to keep increasing anyway. The Bush wing of the Republican party wants cheap, controllable labor. Labor that can't sue for unsafe working conditions, or sexual harassment, or racial discrimination.

Get ready for the day when white are just the biggest 'minority'. It's coming.

*JR*
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:50 PM
....Their kids are citizens anyway....
Whatever one thinks of the law in question here, remember why these kids are citizens (if they were born in the US). That law was written as the Civil War ended, specifically to grant citizenship to the newly freed slaves. (By 1865, the vast majority of slaves had been born here, of course).

lakeway11
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Get ready for the day when white are just the biggest 'minority'. It's coming.

it's aleady the case in many areas...Volcano you seem to have a common leftist bias against business ala the American way. Not all "businesses" want such an agenda and it not all great for these businesses to be spys for the Government with all the paperwork to document every little thing they do when hiring. The Big Lie is that all who come here come for work. The elites just thumb their nose at the people and do what they want against their will and the flooding of illegals is just another excuse for the totally and complete un-American national ID card which has been long in the works...and even so-called consevatives get behind such a policy idea. From the land of the free and the brave to the land of the pussies and the enslaved

lakeway11
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Whatever one thinks of the law in question here, remember why these kids are citizens (if they were born in the US). That law was written as the Civil War ended, specifically to grant citizenship to the newly freed slaves. (By 1865, the vast majority of slaves had been born here, of course).

it's a good law and truly American. Allowing an invasion that transforms the population and culture is another story...

samsung101
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Iraq has a govt.- which the naysayers
said would never happen. I give
those people credit, for they go to
work, with a death notice on their
head from the minority terrorists.
But, they keep going back and working
on it every single day.

Iraq is pumping oil.
Iraq has a free press that the
Middle East has never seen before.
Iraq has women and children
in school, and at work, in record
numbers.

Bush visits.
Rove won't be indicted. That alone
set off the left wing into a tizzy.

Saddam's trial is going on, the prosecution
side will rest soon. We'll get to see the circus
act that is Ramsey Clark,defender of most
of the worlds killers and dictators, on display.

lakeway11
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Iraq has women and children
in school, and at work, in record
numbers.

hard to believe since most are being killed by the minute and Clinton & Co. helped cause 500k children to die.

WE HAVE NO FUCKIN BUSINESS IN IRAQ :fiery:

lakeway11
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:11 PM

and with respect to this latest Bill...it stands against everything America is based upon. Illegal proponents engage in lawlessness because it is a federal crime to "... aid, assist, encourage, or in any way help an illegal alien to remain in the United States no matter what your personal convictions." It's a crime that fines employers $2,000 for every illegal alien hired and up to five years in prison.

gimme a fuckin break :fiery:

if I as a citizen want to humanely help another human being I can become a criminal??? this wording is so vague anyone can be locked up and sent to a US prison camp for merely giving food to an illegal

SelesFan70
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Bad few weeks for democrats. :tape:

The Republicans in the House need to hold their ground in illegal immigration. It seems like they may be doing it despite pressure from the White House. Not only will Miss America Nancy Pelosi not become Speaker, they may actually GAIN seats if they do what's right, which of course is NOT granting amnesty! :)

Hulet
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Bush tour in Iraq. That was hilarious. Seriously, the funniest political story of June, 2006. Not the tour itself but the fact that the Iraqi P.M. didn't know about Bush's arrival until he landed in the Green Zone.

Iraqi P.M. [early in the morning in his bed pumps himself up]: Life is good. Iraq is progressing, top terrorist is dead. I am the freakin leader of a free, democratic, independent and soverign country. I am the top man in Iraq.

[assistant burst in and interrupts the dream]

Assistant to P.M.: Sorry to disturb you sir but the President of U.S. is here in Baghdad and wants to talk to you.
P.M. [with shocked face]: What the f are you talking about?
Assitant: He is here in Green Zone.
P.M.: In the Green Zone, Wisconsin you mean?
Assistant: No Green Zone, Baghdad, Iraq.
P.M.: But, that's impossible. I must give anyone (let alone a president of a country) permission to land in my country before they do so.
Assistant: Not only is possible sir, but it has already been actualized.
P.M: Well, that takes out leader of independent and souverign country then. But, it still leaves me with a free and democratic Iraq. And, I am a leader of it.
Assistant (to himself): I already dashed so many of his delusions, who am I to ruine everything?

He he, enough dialogue because I am cracking myself up like crazy. :)