PDA

View Full Version : US Open Tickets

Krokodil
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you guys can help me.
We're planning to visit the US Open in September and we are not too sure which tickets fit the best for us. We'll be there 3 days.

e.g. What are the "Grounds Admissions" tickets?

Any suggestions and answers are most welcome.

Thank u very much.

Cheers
Dani

eck
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I think it means tickets into Flushing Meadows Tennis Centre, access to all courts except Arthur Ashe.

Krokodil
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I think it means tickets into Flushing Meadows Tennis Centre, access to all courts except Arthur Ashe.

But If you get a "Arthur Ashe Stadium Promenade" Ticket, will you have access to the other courts as well, or "only" for the arthur ashe?

Krokodil
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Awesome... so much traffic in this forum... but no help for my request...

clonesheep
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:10 PM
But If you get a "Arthur Ashe Stadium Promenade" Ticket, will you have access to the other courts as well, or "only" for the arthur ashe?
An "Arthur Ashe" ticket will get you admission to all courts. It's basically a "ground pass" plus a reserved seat at Arthur Ashe Stadium.

The "ground pass" will get you admissions to all courts except Arthur Ashe. During the first two rounds (first 4 days), most of the actions are on the outside courts so the price difference between a ground pass and the cheapest Arthur Ashe ticket is very small. (During the first 4-5 days, the upper promenade of Arthur Ashe Stadium is almost empty, so the exact location of the researved seat doesn't matter. You can pretty much sit anywhere you want.)

Note that except Arthur Ashe Stadium and a small section of good seats at Louis Armstrong Stadium (the second show court), the seats at all courts are unresearved -- first come first serve. So, even with a ground pass, you can get an excellent seat at most show courts and outside courts. Believe me it's a lot more fun and action at the outside courts during the first 3 rounds. That's why Arthur Ashe always look empty, since people who have tickets are elsewhere checking out the more interesting matches.

clonesheep
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you guys can help me.
We're planning to visit the US Open in September and we are not too sure which tickets fit the best for us. We'll be there 3 days.

I just noticed that you said "September", which I guess means you will come in the second week of USO? If so, I have a few additional notes:

Ground pass is great for the first week but it becomes less useful for the second week, when most of the actions move back to the main courts. A ticket to Arthur Ashe is definitely recommended for the second week.

Tickets for the Labor Day Weekend always sold out first. If you plan to come during that period of time, buy tickets now before it's too late. (You can always buy tickets from brokers but they sell at twice or more of face value that's not worth it.) Tickets are already on sale at Ticketmaster (both on-line and local outlets) and USTC box office. These are the official sellers of the tickets where you buy tickets at face value.