PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Cartoons of All time

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:27 AM
My top 10 *Animated Movies*
(the first 2 have sooooo much substance in it...those are truely classic cartoon movies)
1. The Flight of Dragons
2. The Last Unicorn
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Mulan
6. Tarzan
8. The Prince of Egypt
9. Heavy Metal
10.Secret of the Nimth

Barrie_Dude
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Animated Movies or Cartoons? :scratch: :shrug:

Barrie_Dude
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
1) Fantasia
2) Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Should Be On The List

Just about anything that Walt Disney did in the 30' through the 60's are very relevant in the discussion of animated film!

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Animated Movies or Cartoons? :scratch: :shrug:
Animated movies..Hairy barrie :devil:

RVD
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Animated Movies or Cartoons? :scratch: :shrug:Yeah, I know! :lol: I was gonna ask if anime counts, cuz I could fill up this whole first page with my faves. :worship:

G1Player2
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:33 AM
The Lion King

CondiLicious
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Haven't seen that many animated movies so I'm doing TV cartoons

Mysterious Cities of Gold
Gummi Bears (<<<<:bounce: bouncing here and there and everywhere!!!! :bounce: >>>>)
Rainbow Bright
Kissyfur
Jem
Rude Dog and the Dweebs
The California Raisins
Care Bears
She-Ra
THUNDERCATS (my fave!!!!)
Denver the Last Dinosaur (I loved the theme tune)
Maxie's World
The Racoons

movie-wise I've only seen The Lion King and Snow White all the way through.

G1Player2
Seeing threads like this kinda make me want to be a kid again. :sad:

DemWilliamsGulls
For some reason i could never get into the Lion King like everybody else could...i mean i thought it was cute...but..i dont know......i liked other disney movies way better...such as Pocohantas and Aladdin.

G1Player2
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:37 AM
For some reason i could never get into the Lion King like everybody else could...i mean i thought it was cute...but..i dont know......i liked other disney movies way better...such as Pocohantas and Aladdin.

Really? Wow. The Lion King is one of my favorite movies ever, not just animated. Pocahontas was a borefest to me but Aladdin definitely was great.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:40 AM
Well the Lion King was good...i dont know i guess i was use to seeing people rather than animals ...lol Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid I LOVED...but The Flight of Dragons and The Last Unicorn are in a league of its on....somebody really needs to re-do these movies.

Barrie_Dude
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:42 AM
But I stand by my claim that Walt Disney's work is important here! He wrote the book on animation!

RVD
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I know I'mma be alone in this, but I HATE HATE HATE Disney toons. I was just talking to my little princes about this. In fact, I'll have to endure freakin Disneyland this weekend. Going for the wife and daughter who live and die for anything 'Disney'. :rolleyes: :lol:

My favorite:

Akira
Evangeleon [yeah, I know it's a series but it rocks! :rocker2: ]
Ghost In the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Metropolis
Steamboy

Just to start off my list. ;)

G1Player2
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I know I'mma be alone in this, but I HATE HATE HATE Disney toons. I was just talking to my little princes about this. In fact, I'll have to endure freakin Disneyland this weekend. Going for the wife and daughter who live and die for anything 'Disney'. :rolleyes: :lol:

My favorite:

Akira
Ghost In the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Metropolis
Steamboy

OMG, Spirited Away was a GREAT movie. Have you ever seen Ninja Scroll?

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:46 AM
SMURFS :lol:

Harju.
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:47 AM
^^ Evangelion is da shit. :drool: Rei and Asuka are :drool:

1. Bambi!!111!! The best ever.
2. Toy Story.
3. Toy Story 2.
4. Beauty and the Beast.
5. The Lion King.

RVD
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:47 AM
OMG, Spirited Away was a GREAT movie. Have you ever seen Ninja Scroll?YEP!! But only two of 'em are worth seeing. :yeah:

Brashkoala
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:56 AM
no order: sailor moon, family guy, the simpsons, tom and jerry

darrinbaker00
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Hate Disney? HATE DISNEY?? What are you, :devil: ?

Jakeev
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:41 AM
If were are talking cartoons:

Looney Toons
Animaniacs
Wacky Races
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Scooby Doo (the first years though)
Archie and Friends
Tom and Jerry
Underdog Show

Tons more

bionic71
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:12 AM
The original Walt Disney animated flicks...timeless...

Cinderella
Snow White
Bambi
Sleeping Beauty

I haven't enjoyed the "second wave" of animated flicks (notably the ones with the celebrity voices as a drawcard...)

lee station
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Captain Harlock
Ulysses 31
Dr. Slump
and many others... can't remember atm

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2926/drslump9ty.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/318/ulysses3166zm.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3733/captainharlock8gc.jpg

Pureracket
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Dungeons & Dragons

Wigglytuff
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:49 PM
wow some of you are soooooo wrong. yes i said it. and i will say it again. i think most of your top picks suck ass. :devil: :bounce:

only one among you seems to know anything about good animation.

My favorite:

Akira
Ghost In the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Metropolis
Steamboy

:worship: :worship:

i would add:

Grave of the Fireflies :sad:
The return of the cat
Princess Mononoke (the only anime classic that can be seen in english without loosing everything that made the movie great)
My neighbor Totoro

RVD
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
wow some of you are soooooo wrong. yes i said it. and i will say it again. i think most of your top picks suck ass. :devil: :bounce:

only one among you seems to know anything about good animation.

:worship: :worship:

i would add:

Grave of the Fireflies :sad:
The return of the cat
Princess Mononoke (the only anime classic that can be seen in english without loosing everything that made the movie great)
My neighbor Totoro Hayao Miyazaki RULZ!!!!! :worship: :worship:
I never got around to watching 'Grave of the Fireflies'. Truth is, I keep thinking it'll make me cry. :o
However, 'Princess Mononoke' and 'My neighbor Totoro' are the shiznit! :worship:

Sorry to say this guys, but Japanese anime is still 20 light years ahead of our pathetic attempts at movie animation. :p
That said, my all-time favorite anime series has got to be the entire Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT (collection). :cool: :wavey:

TF Chipmunk
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Power Rangers :ras:

Wigglytuff
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Hayao Miyazaki RULZ!!!!! :worship: :worship:
I never got around to watching 'Grave of the Fireflies'. Truth is, I keep thinking it'll make me cry. :o
However, 'Princess Mononoke' and 'My neighbor Totoro' are the shiznit! :worship:

Sorry to say this guys, but Japanese anime is still 20 light years ahead of our pathetic attempts at movie animation. :p
That said, my all-time favorite anime series has got to be the entire Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT (collection). :cool: :wavey:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

yes grave of the fireflies will make you cry. but its worth it. its beautiful and sad but so amazing.

i will say this, the lion king is good, but its also a cheap ripoff of a 20 year old japanese cartoon. so there you have it. :wavey:

shirley
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:27 PM
The Little Mermaid :yeah:

Knizzle
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Dungeons & Dragons:scared:

Knizzle
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
That said, my all-time favorite anime series has got to be the entire Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT (collection). :cool: :wavey::worship: :worship:

Mine too. :wavey: