PDA

View Full Version : Betting odds for Wimbledon

felipe2004
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Just wondering what are the odds for the Wimbledon 2006's ladies champion. For Roland Garros 2006, all betting odds sites had Justine as their favorite to win, and they were right. How is it now with Wimbledon, anyone know? :wavey:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I think Maria is favourite with the bookies!

The Daviator
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I think Maria is favourite with the bookies!

:spit:

I think JuJu is second favourite, Kim third, Lindsay 16/1 behind Vaidisova :rolleyes:

Anyway, they're good odds :devil:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:06 AM
yeah, Maria is likely the favorite with the oddsmakers.

Greenout
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Yep, Maria's the favorite.

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-womenswimbledon/odds/1142629x/sid/654713

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Wow! Venus is behind Maria, Justine and Kim and one above Nicole! :lol: I see Venus made an impression on the bookies then?

And to think Justine was odds-on favourite for RG last year and this year. Oh well. Obviously the bookies know Justine is just :worship:

SHE'S STILL NOT GOING TO WIN WIMBLEDON THOUGH ... Justine that is :p

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:12 AM
:spit:

I think JuJu is second favourite, Kim third, Lindsay 16/1 behind Vaidisova :rolleyes:

Anyway, they're good odds :devil:

Ah but Lindsay has been injured or is injured poor love :hug:

I hope she comes back soon. I so lurve Lindsay. Respect, Respect, Respect!

The Daviator
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Ah but Lindsay has been injured or is injured poor love :hug:

I hope she comes back soon. I so lurve Lindsay. Respect, Respect, Respect!

:worship:

I hope she plays :scared: Mind you she'd probably get JuJu in the 1/4s and lose :lol:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM
silly bookies.

what has kim ever done on grass to be one of the top three favorites? if they were combining prior results on grass with recent performance for the year, mauresmo would be ahead of kim.

and surprise, surprise, they always count Venus out. :lol:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:18 AM
silly bookies.

what has kim ever done on grass to be one of the top three favorites? if they were combining prior results on grass with recent performance for the year, mauresmo would be ahead of kim.

And why do you think that is? :devil:

felipe2004
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:20 AM
1. Maria Sharapova 3
2. Justine Henin-Hardenne 5.5
3. Kim Clijsters 7
4. Venus Williams 8
5. Nicole Vaidisova 10
6. Amelie Mauresmo 10
7. Martina Hingis 12
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova 14
9. Lindsay Davenport 16
10. Nadia Petrova 25
11. Dinara Safina 50
12. Elena Dementieva 80
13. Ana Ivanovic 80
14. Anastasia Myskina 100
15. Mary Pierce 100
16. Alicia Molik 100
17. Anna-Lena Groenefeld 100
18. Maria Kirilenko 100
19. Michaella Krajicek 125
20. Tatiana Golovin 150
21. Patty Schnyder 150
22. Daniela Hantuchova 150
23. Anne Chakvetadze 150
24. Gisela Dulko 150
25. Vera Dushevina 150
26. Shaui Peng 150
according to http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/tennis-womenswimbledon/odds/1142629x/sid/654713

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM
And why do you think that is? :devil:I don't know. You tell me? :shrug:

Maria's best three results: W, SF, 4th round

Justine's best three results: F, SF, SF

Kim's best three results: SF, QF, 4th round

Venus' best three results: W, W, W

cellophane
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I think Maria is favourite with the boobies!

Um, never mind. Don't know why I just read that.

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Don't change my posts cellophane :devil: :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:30 AM
I don't know. You tell me? :shrug:

So apart from Venus, who has the next best three results at Wimbledon? ;)

MH0861
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Given those odds, I would be on Venus!

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:32 AM
So apart from Venus, who has the next best three results at Wimbledon? ;)Serena, Maria, Davenport, Hingis for starters: they've all won it.

cellophane
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Don't change my posts cellophane :devil: :lol: :lol:

Well, she is more of a favourite than the Boobless one, but I'm afraid she is way down on the list if that's the primary basis for evaluation! :devil:

anlavalle
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM

masha because she won it :lol:

MH0861
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:35 AM

Serena: W - W - F

Davenport: W- F - F

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Serena, Maria, Davenport, Hingis for starters: they've all won it.

That wasn't what you put on your above list. You are changing it now arn't you? Moving the goal posts. Cheap trick!

Why didn't you put Serena, Davenport & Hingis in your first list? If you would have then I wouldn't have replied like that would I?

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Serena: W - W - F

Davenport: W- F - F

Those two weren't in vwfan's list in message 12. I was answering her list in message 12!

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:41 AM
masha because she won it :lol:

And after Masha?

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:41 AM
That wasn't what you put on your above list. You are changing it now arn't you? Moving the goal posts. Cheap trick!

Why didn't you put Serena, Davenport & Hingis in your first list? If you would have then I wouldn't have replied like that would I?Because I picked the top four on the list for the oddsmakers referenced in post #11 ranking the odds. Three are listed before Venus yet she has far better results than all of the three who are more favored by the oddsmakers.

Your question, who has the next best results at Wimbledon seemed broader than that and I listed the players with the next best result even though they are not in the top four for the oddsmakers.

But of those four, Maria would have the next best result after Venus, because she won it.

MH0861
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Those two weren't in vwfan's list in message 12. I was answering her list in message 12!

Gotcha.

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Because I picked the top four on the list for the oddsmakers reference an earlier post. Three are listed before Venus yet she has far better results than all of the three who are more favored by the oddsmakers.

But of those four, Maria would have the next best result after Venus because she won it.

And after Masha comes ....................... J U S T I N E!! :worship: :worship:

That's right, Justine Henin-Hardenne, the one who you are saying is useless on grass.

3rd.... not bad is it considering she is useless on grass. Oh well, at least I proved a point. :haha: :haha:

Good night!

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Gotcha.

Never ever :devil:

The names you mentioned were not in vwfan's list. :nerner: :ras:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:47 AM
And after Masha comes ....................... J U S T I N E!! :worship: :worship:

That's right, Justine Henin-Hardenne, the one who you are saying is useless on grass.

3rd.... not bad is it considering she is useless on grass. Oh well, at least I proved a point. :haha: :haha:

Good night!I never said that Justine was "useless on grass." I said I didn't think even the "new and improved version" could beat Venus on grass. She can prove me wrong in the next couple of weeks, but I won't put any money on it.

so the top four should be reordered then, if we are only including those four:

Venus
Maria
Justine
Kim

No problem. :lol:

Rexman
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:54 AM
silly bookies.

How is bumping a player ranked outside the top 10 to number 4 counting her out?

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:56 AM
How is bumping a player ranked outside the top 10 to number 4 counting her out?oh, I didn't know rank was a primary consideration for oddsmakers. I'd have thought prior success at an event was a much better predictor of future success is all.

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Because I picked the top four on the list for the oddsmakers referenced in post #11 ranking the odds. Three are listed before Venus yet she has far better results than all of the three who are more favored by the oddsmakers.

Your question, who has the next best results at Wimbledon seemed broader than that and I listed the players with the next best result even though they are not in the top four for the oddsmakers.

But of those four, Maria would have the next best result after Venus, because she won it.
Hingis has indeed the best three records apart from Maria. Hingis has W, SF, QF. Maria W, SF, 4th round.. silly :p

Still Martina will be lucky to reach quarters of Wimbledon this year :)

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:04 AM
oh, I didn't know rank was a primary consideration for oddsmakers. I'd have thought prior success at an event was a much better predictor of future success is all.
And no... mainly the current year´s performance counts a lot too.
Venus won wimbledon last year by surprise considering her poor 2005 by then.
She was probably a big favorite in 2004 (considering her good results on the clay and the titles won by then) and you saw the results, last year was the opossite.

Hots4Safin
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I don't know. You tell me? :shrug:

What's also funny about this, is that outside of Maria's win in 04, each of the above 3's best results were defeats at the hands of VENUS.

Maria - semi's 05
Kim - semi's 03
JHH - final 01, and semi's 02.

junlee_vee
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Justine and.....KIM ahead of Venus on grass...hell no!

Allez-H
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Bookies are fools they have no brain whatsoever

switz
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Obviously the bookies know Justine is just :worship:

yes bookies really care about the athletes they create odds for :lol:

Mightymirza
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:31 AM
would love to see maria and venus clashing in 4th round :p...Also would loveto see patty winning a match on grass for a change

Dan23
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Arent the odds generally set-up depending on who people are putting most money on?
They arent made up without reason

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:39 PM
What's also funny about this, is that outside of Maria's win in 04, each of the above 3's best results were defeats at the hands of VENUS.

Maria - semi's 05
Kim - semi's 03
JHH - final 01, and semi's 02.yep, that's funny. can't wait for some more beatdowns.

wouldn't it be great if she took out all three in route to the title! :bounce:

gsm
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Arent the odds generally set-up depending on who people are putting most money on?
yep :)

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
would love to see maria and venus clashing in 4th round :p...Also would loveto see patty winning a match on grass for a changewhy would anyone what to see what would essentially be a final in the fourth round? :rolleyes:

I'd like to see them battling it out in the final; that is if Davenport doesn't play. Otherwise, I want Davie to take Maria out in the SF or QF to get revenge for 2004.

rjd1111
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:25 PM
And no... mainly the current year´s performance counts a lot too.
Venus won wimbledon last year by surprise considering her poor 2005 by then.
She was probably a big favorite in 2004 (considering her good results on the clay and the titles won by then) and you saw the results, last year was the opossite.

Serena was favored in '04

vutt
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Elena Dementieva 80

hm, girl have never been past 4r

V-MAC
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:35 PM
holy crap :eek: I can get odds on Venus at 8-1, gonna take advantage of that price right away :bounce:

azmad_88
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
i never understood betting odds

i mean

amelie has been perfoming better than kim at wimbledon and amelie is ranked higher than kim as well...

how come kim is higher..

well..thank God i never bet and never will bet with real money

only vcash :woohoo:

KClijsters
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:59 PM
those betting odds means nothing.

bellascarlett
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
why would anyone what to see what would essentially be a final in the fourth round? :rolleyes:

exactly...but really why do you think? ;)