PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs. Federer on Grass: who would win

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
At 12 years of age an in form Venus Williams claimed she could "take out" John Mac. 2006- Venus vs. Federer on Grass: who would win :devil: and how many games would the loser win? :devil: :devil:

I say Venus def. Federer 1-6 7-6 6-4

Chrissie-fan
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:42 PM
:haha:

LegionArgentina
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Roger def Venus 6/1-6/1

vw.
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:44 PM
LOL, Venus is superior on grass... but only for the women.

If she played Roger, I think she'd be lucky to get a breadstick in each of the two sets they played. I'd say 6-1, 6-1 for Roger.

cellophane
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Venus would beat herself! ;)

davidmario
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Men's tennis is so much different. I remember that Steffi Graf once lost against some local club player in Mallorca(not Nadal:P) pretty easily. And if Venus can't beat a Carsten Braasch why should she win against Federer?

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Pag, you're not even irritating anymore. Now, you're making us feel sorry for you.

She's only a tennis player. How in the world have you let this woman drive you crazy like this?

Natasc
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
LOL, Venus is superior on grass... but only for the women.

If she played Roger, I think she'd be lucky to get a breadstick in each of the two sets they played. I'd say 6-1, 6-1 for Roger.
agree....

AyumiMorita
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Federer 6-0 6-1 (out of generosity cuz he's such a good guy)

Pureracket
Now what IS going to be funny are the people who give rational responses to this thread as if. . . .LOL!!!!!

I can't wait.

sfselesfan
Federer would take every game.

A better matchup would be Venus vs. Stephan Edberg.

SF

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Honestly, seriously... 6-0 6-0 Federer, if he was trying.

Midnite Surfer
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Honestly. His forehand would tear Venus's to shreds. Venus might get a couple of games off of Roger but honestly if Roddick with his serve and forehand couldn't beat Roger then I don't think Venus stands much of a chance. Would be kind of fun to see what Venus could do though. I think an in shape Serena would give Roger more of a problem though. Her forehand was always way better than Venus's.

FedExpress
The FedExpress will roll over Venus...

Infiniti2001
What is your obsession with Venus??:shrug:

cellophane
Haters...:ras: Queen Vee will reign supreme!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
What is your obsession with Venus??:shrug:
Your avatar, holy shit :sobbing:

The Daviator
6-1 6-3 Venus ;)

Zippy
Venus would win.

Fed would mysteriously take a fall and retire due to "injury", while ahead 6-0,5-0 [40-15] in the 2nd set.

Reuchlin
Honestly. His forehand would tear Venus's to shreds. Venus might get a couple of games off of Roger but honestly if Roddick with his serve and forehand couldn't beat Roger then I don't think Venus stands much of a chance. Would be kind of fun to see what Venus could do though. I think an in shape Serena would give Roger more of a problem though. Her forehand was always way better than Venus's.

But Venus is more mentally tough than Andy.

Pureracket
:yawn:

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Ya'll all know that this is Selesfan poster from back in the day who started thsi thread, right? He was banned for his obsession with Venus.

I will say this again:

NO OTHER PLAYERS ON THIS BOARD HAVE POSTERS WHO EXIST FOR THE MERE PURPOSE TO INSULT THEM. VENUS AND SERENA ARE THE ONLY ONES.

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:54 PM
But Venus is more mentally tough than Andy.You still have not gotten help with your obsesssion?

The Daviator
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:55 PM
You still have not gotten help with your obsesssion?

Sounds like you've got the obsession :lol:

This thread is causing no harm, just leave it :)

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:56 PM
What's wrong with comparing the self-proclaimed best Female on Grass, and the best male player on grass-- and having a discussion about a potential match-up?

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:56 PM
6-0, 6-0.
Venus will win one point the entire match and that would be a double fault from Roger.

Seriously all Roger has to do is hit 3 forehands in a row to Venus. She will spray the 4th one or dump it in the net.

This goes for Maria, Davenport and all the others in case anyone thinks I am picking on Venus.

dreamgoddess099
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:57 PM
And if Venus can't beat a Carsten Braasch why should she win against Federer?
Why is that instance always brought up as proof of something? Venus has been beating badly by female players as well, but I don't hear anybody claiming those females are on the level of the ATP because they beat Venus.

Pureracket
Sounds like you've got the obsession :lol:

This thread is causing no harm, just leave it :)Please. .. stop being passive aggressive because your player can't beat Venus @ Wimbledon(=).

TomTennis
Im the biggest vee fan around but Fed is a lot stronger as a male so would win.

Roger def. Venus 6-1 6-3 (my head)
Venus def. Roger 7-5 7-6 (my heart!!)

Chrissie-fan
I think an in shape Serena would give Roger more of a problem though. Her forehand was always way better than Venus's.

No halfway decent male player would have any problem whatsoever with even the very best female players. It's not that the female players are less talented, it all has to do with the weight of their shots.

The Daviator
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Please. .. stop being passive aggressive because your player can't beat Venus @ Wimbledon(=).

Defensive much?

If you don't like this thread, then go into another, as far as I can see no 'hating' is taking place :rolleyes:

Derek.
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Venus wouldn't stand a chance. :shrug:

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:00 PM
No halfway decent male player would have any problem whatsoever with even the very best female players. It's not that the female players are less talented, it all has to do with the weight of their shots.

Exactly.
To think that Venus or any female player for that matter would take a game off Roger is silly.
She would be lucky to get 2 points.

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Defensive much?

If you don't like this thread, then go into another, as far as I can see no 'hating' is taking place :rolleyes:Idiot much? Thanks for offering me my options, but it doesn't work like that. Again, lol. . ..I would think you have a better way of venting your frustrations towards Venus because of LD's subpar record against her in Slams.:rolleyes:

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Can you imagine any of the girls playing against Nadal??? LOL that would be funnier than against Federer. They would shank every other shot.

msharafan
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:02 PM
0 and 0 if federer wanted. any professional male tennis player would beat any proffesional female player, thats just the way it is im afraid! and im a girl, guys are better us girls better get over iy, although i did beat a guy easily who didnt play tennis regularily and thought he was quite good! i made a fool out of him lol!!!

angele87
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:02 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

The Daviator
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Idiot much? Thanks for offering me my options, but it doesn't work like that. Again, lol. . ..I would think you have a better way of venting your frustrations towards Venus because of LD's subpar record against her in Slams.:rolleyes:

You know, I think I am an idiot, for giving you the time of day :o

I'll let you get back to your obsession with the thread starter :yeah:

WhatTheDeuce
Roger def. Venus 6-1 6-3 (my head)

LOL @ you thinking Venus would win 4 games off Federer.

bw2082
what a ridiculous question :rolleyes: Venus would be lucky to get a handful of points let alone a game.

Direwolf
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I think at first Federer won't take this seriously and play to Venus level therefore Venus will win the first set 7-5 with both laughing their ass off...then Federer starts to play a steady game...winning the 2nd set 6-2 after being up 5-0...
Third set... Federer raced to another 5-0 lead only to give Venus back 4 games...

Game Set n Match Federer 5-7 6-2 6-4 ...

Infiniti2001
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Your avatar, holy shit :sobbing:

Vee got me broke :eek: can't change it :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:12 PM
If Venus wore a Nadal mask, I bet she'd scare the shit out of Mr dour :haha:

J_Migoe
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM
as much as I love Venus, if both were playing at the epitamy of their very best, Federer will win 6-1 6-2

dreamgoddess099
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Roger would never live up to the pressure of beating a woman in competition and Venus would easily beat him. He'd be so embarassed he lost a point he'd run off court crying.

IceHock
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:22 PM
At 12 years of age an in form Venus Williams claimed she could "take out" John Mac. 2006- Venus vs. Federer on Grass: who would win :devil: and how many games would the loser win? :devil: :devil:

I say Venus def. Federer 1-6 7-6 6-4

i hope ur kidding.fed on grass is untouchable.he is insane!!he kills the best grass courters on the mens side with ease!!venus has nochance in this matchup.fed 6-1,6-2

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM
No woman player would stand a chance, not just Venus.

charmedRic
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Please. .. stop being passive aggressive because your player can't beat Venus @ Wimbledon(=).

... LOL. :lol:

tennisboi
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Not putting the womans game down but the answer is obvious

thrust
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:36 PM
McEnroe or Edberg would easily beat Venus, Serena , or any woman on any surface.

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:38 PM
McEnroe or Edberg would easily beat Venus, Serena , or any woman on any surface.
Hater!

TomTennis
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:39 PM
LOL @ you thinking Venus would win 4 games off Federer.

LOL @ you thinking I was being serious! Cant you tell Im a Venus fan! :confused: Duh! :drool: :tape: :rolleyes: :lol: :wavey:

Venus wouldnt get beat 0 and 0. Even she could have a good few service games that would get her on the scoreboard!

Foot_Fault
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:45 PM
An Obvious HATE THREAD!

cellophane
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Honestly, though, I think she would be able to win a few (couple) games.

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Honestly, though, I think she would be able to win a few (couple) games.
In all honestly, she might win a couple POINTS. Remember Roger served out two bagels (60 60) to Lleyton in the USopen final a few years back.

Viktymise
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:54 PM
If vee played like she did against Sharapova at Wimbledon last yr i think she would make it a match, her forehand that day could have matched alot of the men out there today infact just her in that match could have given any of the fellas a go, i think the question should be something like on grass who would win Venus or Nadal that would be more interesting on grass Federer is prob unbeateable no ATP player can beat fed on grass i mean im a massive vee fan but im not completley deluded although i would love to think she could challenge so i think it would be more interesting if it was Vee or Nadal on grass

LoveFifteen
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Venus would beat herself! ;)

:haha: *DEAD*

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:56 PM
In all honestly, she might win a couple POINTS. Remember Roger served out two bagels (60 60) to Lleyton in the USopen final a few years back.

Listen to the clown people!

Dunlop1
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:00 AM
If vee played like she did against Sharapova at Wimbledon last yr i think she would make it a match, her forehand that day could have matched alot of the men out there today infact just her in that match could have given any of the fellas a go, i think the question should be something like on grass who would win Venus or Nadal that would be more interesting on grass Federer is prob unbeateable no ATP player can beat fed on grass i mean im a massive vee fan but im not completley deluded although i would love to think she could challenge so i think it would be more interesting if it was Vee or Nadal on grass

Nope you're wrong.
Venus would have to play like that to get a couple of points on her service game but it will still be a double bagel.

On grass Nadal would still bagel Venus as well. It will actually be easier for Nadal than it would be for Fed IMO. Those girls have no clue how to return that heavy topspin of Nadal. Venus would hit every 2nd ball into the 3rd row.

The difference is HUGE btw the men and women! Even the female pro's themselves will tell you that.

That being said I love the WTA. Justs in a different way from the ATP.

*roddicksinme*
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Roger 60 60 barely losing points :p

LeRoy.
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Venus 6-0 6-0 6-0 :)

Denise4925
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:04 AM
What's wrong with comparing the self-proclaimed best Female on Grass, and the best male player on grass-- and having a discussion about a potential match-up?
Because it's ridiculous and it's a flame thread to start some mess. This is a feeding ground for all of the Venus or WS haters to come in and bash them in some form or fashion. You're not clever and it's childish. I'm with PR, why would you allow your hate to drive you to such extremes. You really need some help. Truly, I'm really concerned for your mental health. :sad: Because this is pathetic.

Kart
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks to those of you that made use of the Report Post function.