PDA

View Full Version : You don't smoke

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Sit back and relax and enjoy the fresh air.

Since we'll live longer than the smokers, this thread should last a lot longer!

Craigy
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Meh, I passive smoke. My life is still being cut short :p

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Did the Noodle impart this knowledge upon you? .

He's all knowing! And we all know you shouldn't smoke noodles, you boil them.

decemberlove
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I quit smoking. :)

LeRoy.
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM
i don't smoke. I am allergic to ciggy smoke and wish people who do smoke would be a bit more considerate about those who don't :wavey:

FedExpress
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:03 PM
i don't smoke. I am allergic to ciggy smoke and wish people who do smoke would be a bit more considerate about those who don't :wavey:

Yes true. Most of them are really rude and don't care for non-smoker.

silverwhite
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:11 PM
:bounce:

Scotso
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM
:banana:

naughty_sprite
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM

haha hilarious. England is soon to have smoking banned in most public areas

RR-87
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
:scared:

RJWCapriati
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:37 PM
:yeah:

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Yes true. Most of them are really rude and don't care for non-smoker.

And they tend to twist things in such a way that we're the ones who're intolerant.

I don't care what people do in their own homes, just keep the smoke away from me.

tennislover
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:53 PM

true!!!! :lol:
:yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana: :yippee: :banana:

tennislover
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM
i hate smoke
apart from the danger, it stinks....

tennislover
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Meh, I passive smoke. My life is still being cut short :p
omg that's really very bad for you, mate.....
why your relatives don't care about that?
they should smoke outdoor.....

FedExpress
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:57 PM
And they tend to twist things in such a way that we're the ones who're intolerant.

I don't care what people do in their own homes, just keep the smoke away from me.

They even try to defend smoking :rolleyes:

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well recently a law was passed her so that ciggy is now banned from every public place, and you have to smoke ata minimum of 9 meters from the buildings outside. It's quite funny to see everyone doing big steps to count 9 meters. And going out in bars is so much better now.

controlfreak
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I have some friends who smoke. But if I had to option to exterminate all the world's smokers tomorrow, I wouldn't have to think about it for very long. I'd make it a very slow and painful death, too.

propi
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Plus you, as woman, will live 6.2 years more than us men :o

saniafan2005
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I face one problem everyday...although inside public buidlings smoking is banned, the enployees stand right near the entrances and smoke. I have to inhale the smoke many times when I enter and get out of these buildings. I hate these people but can't do anything.

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I plan to quit smoking soon cos it's not very good for my health lol, well, but before I do that let me defend smokers cos the whole passive smoking thing is blown way out of proportion:

- people who smoke have an increased 5-10% chance of getting lung cancer comparatively to ordinary people (and most lung cancers aren't due to tobacco smoking), and that's for people who smoke 2 packs a day for 10-20 years. Sitting next to a smoker once in a while means nothing. People who smoke less than 7 ciggies a day are = non smokers in terms of risk of cancer

- your lungs may look like crap, I've seen autopsies of non-smokers but it's not because you are a passive smoker, it's because you live in a city and pollution is responsible for lung cancer more than passive smoking. Babies and children need protection over smoke but the rest are just overreacting they don't even know what they're talking about. The whole "let's blame smokers for our respiratory problems" is a pathetic excuse to drive attention away from the state of the pollution in the cities of western civilization, which is a lot more worrying than smoking in restaurants or pubs lol

TF Chipmunk
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM
America sucks :(

TF Chipmunk
I plan to quit smoking soon cos it's not very good for my health lol, well, but before I do that let me defend smokers cos the whole passive smoking thing is blown way out of proportion:

- people who smoke have an increased 5-10% chance of getting lung cancer comparatively to ordinary people (and most lung cancers aren't due to tobacco smoking), and that's for people who smoke 2 packs a day for 10-20 years. Sitting next to a smoker once in a while means nothing. People who smoke less than 7 ciggies a day are = non smokers in terms of risk of cancer

- your lungs may look like crap, I've seen autopsies of non-smokers but it's not because you are a passive smoker, it's because you live in a city and pollution is responsible for lung cancer more than passive smoking. Babies and children need protection over smoke but the rest are just overreacting they don't even know what they're talking about. The whole "let's blame smokers for our respiratory problems" is a pathetic excuse to drive attention away from the state of the pollution in the cities of western civilization, which is a lot more worrying than smoking in restaurants or pubs lolOk, put aside the second-hand smoking health risks. It's just, we don't want to smell your shit :rolleyes: Nor do we want your shit puffed into our faces like we're inanimate objects in your path.

Sally Struthers
Show me a smoker and I'll show you someone who stinks :o

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I face one problem everyday...although inside public buidlings smoking is banned, the enployees stand right near the entrances and smoke. I have to inhale the smoke many times when I enter and get out of these buildings. I hate these people but can't do anything.

If you think inhaling a tiny bit of smoke when you walk in and out a building will kill you how do you expect chronic smokers to survive? You need to inale that 10000000 X to hurt you. Be realistic come on!

IceHock
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
i HATE smoke with a passion.i've seen so many videos in school of just people who canbarely breath and a bunch of cancer.i think it is the worst thing on earth.ur basicly killing urself.

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
It's not only about the health issue (well, it is when it involves pregnant women and babies), it's about how a minority ruins the taste of food for others, how our clothes always stink, and our hair, how our eyes get teary, etc.

I guess you have to be a non-smoker to understand. I know several ex-smokers who now realise how much of a nuisance it is. They now openly confess that they never realised it when they were still smoking.

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Ok, put aside the second-hand smoking health risks. It's just, we don't want to smell your shit :rolleyes: Nor do we want your shit puffed into our faces like we're inanimate objects in your path.

Look you're inhaling a lot more shit right now stting in front of your computer and when you go outside than when someone accidentally puffs in your face. You inhale a lot worse but you have no perception. Like I said your lungs will eventually look like crap whether you smoke or not, as long as you live in a big city. Certain buildings can be deadlier than 20 packs a day for 20 years, and some cities just have too much pollution for smoking to be a factor

And I wasn't disrespectful so no need to be disrespectful we're just talking, it's not like I'm "puffing shit into your face like you're an inanimate object in my path" lol

frenchie
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:15 PM

It's already the case in France for years :yeah:

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM
It's not only about the health issue (well, it is when it involves pregnant women and babies), it's about how a minority ruins the taste of food for others, how our clothes always stink, and our hair, how our eyes get teary, etc.

I guess you have to be a non-smoker to understand. I know several ex-smokers who now realise how much of a nuisance it is. They now openly confess that they never realised it when they were still smoking.

Absolutely, I understand that cos I quit before and I'm quitting in a few months for good. Ex-smokers are a lot more susceptible to smoke than non-smokers or smokers. I couldn't wear jackets I used while smoking before cos I wanted to puke cos of the smell.

What I was trying to say was that the whole "smokers are killing the rest who are non-smokers" is totally blown out of proportion and there are a lot more worrying subjects to talk about regarding health

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM
If you want to compare smoking in restaurants and bars to pollution from cars, imagine sitting in a non-ventilated garage turned restaurant, eating food while the fumes from cars that are running are constantly blown in your face.

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
If you want to compare smoking in restaurants and bars to pollution from cars, imagine sitting in a non-ventilated garage turned restaurant, eating food while the fumes from cars that are running are constantly blown in your face.

what does that have to do with it. I'm not forcing anyone to inhale my smoke. I smoke in smoking areas or outside. Btw you don't want to compare the CO produced by a cigarrette to that produced by a car do you

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:23 PM
what does that have to do with it. I'm not forcing anyone to inhale my smoke. I smoke in smoking areas or outside.

I have no problem with that. You're free to smoke. The problem I have is that pubs and restaurants are still considered smoking areas in this country :( I wish we wouldn't be so retarted, that we were more forward thinking like in the UK, France, Italy, NY, Canada, etc.

mc8114
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Congratulations, good choice :yeah:

Wigglytuff
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:31 PM

lol :worship:

in my house smoking is not allowed, not even in the front or back yards. let them keep their lung cancer to themselves i say!!

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:52 PM
lol :worship:

in my house smoking is not allowed, not even in the front or back yards. let them keep their lung cancer to themselves i say!!

not really. Most lung cancers aren't tobacco related :) . Tobacco causes 2 or 3 specific lung cancers but there are many others

Anyway I plan to quit in about a month. I'll just carry on smoking hash and weed. It is not carcinogenic you know :D only tobacco is

gentenaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Lung cancer is only one of the diseases you can get from smoking. There are lots of other diseases out there, cardovascular diseases, etc. The majority of smokers does eventually die from a smoke related illness.

A colleague of mine's hands are constantly shaking. He's that addicted. It's sad to see. You can see he's not healthy. But he hasn't got lung cancer, may never get lung cancer, but I know he's not going to grow very old.

Wigglytuff
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:57 PM
not really. Most lung cancers aren't tobacco related :) . Tobacco causes 2 or 3 specific lung cancers but there are many others

Anyway I plan to quit in about a month. I'll just carry on smoking hash and weed. It is not carcinogenic you know :D only tobacco is
right whatever you tell yourself and others.

all i know is they can keep whatever cancers they are going to get, including tobacco related, to themselves. they are not bringing that nasty shit in my house.

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:59 PM
My grandma smoked every day since she was 12 and two years ago she died of heart complications and a lot of it is because smoking really destroyed her lifestyle. Therefore I will never smoke maybe a social smoker or something :shrug: but never a regular :)

CondiLicious
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM
It smells disgusting. My mum smokes and I haven't sat in the living room with her for years. I refuse to have the smell on my skin and clothing.

arn
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Practically none of my friends or familymembers smoke and I hardly go out lately, so whenever I only smell smoke it makes my stomach turn, really cannot smell it anymore.

WorldWar24
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Lung cancer is only one of the diseases you can get from smoking. There are lots of other diseases out there, cardovascular diseases, etc. The majority of smokers does eventually die from a smoke related illness.

A colleague of mine's hands are constantly shaking. He's that addicted. It's sad to see. You can see he's not healthy. But he hasn't got lung cancer, may never get lung cancer, but I know he's not going to grow very old.

my hands shake like that but I've always been like that. I'm pretty calm usually it just runs in the family. And yes it's true lung cancer is not the biggest problem for smokers, cardiovascular disease is a problem and there are many other cancers you can get, people just don't know it. You can get cancer in your kidney as well for instance. Smoking tobacco is a risk factor for virtually everything. But it'snot 5 smokes a day that are gonna cut it

RVD
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Depends on what I smoke. :D ;)
Naw, I'm just kidding. :wavey:

Seriously though, smokers get NO respect. :lol:
My wife and I were waitng at the Oakland Airport bus stop when this chubby guy fired up. As soon as he did, my wife and a few other ladies went ballistic. :lol: The smoker had such a sad defeated look on his face that I felt sorry for him. :sad:
...that is, until my eyes began watering from all his damn second-hand smoke. :mad: :)

Yasmine
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
:lol: I nearly coughed my lungs out when I went to the smoking thread lurking :lol: so I'm definitely staying here :angel:

:yeah: :worship:

Wigglytuff
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Depends on what I smoke. :D ;)
Naw, I'm just kidding. :wavey:

Seriously though, smokers get NO respect. :lol:
My wife and I were waitng at the Oakland Airport bus stop when this chubby guy fired up. As soon as he did, my wife and a few other ladies went ballistic. :lol: The smoker had such a sad defeated look on his face that I felt sorry for him. :sad:
...that is, until my eyes began watering from all his damn second-hand smoke. :mad: :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you are too much!!!

Yasmine
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
It's already the case in France for years :yeah:
not the same way it's in Scotland, Ireland, USA and other places;) In france in most places there are supposed to be designated non smoking areas, which are useless because you still get smoke. If you're allergic or if it causes things like irritation in your eyes (had troubles with eyes and contacts before) it's still annoying you. This ban is a complete ban, no smoking or non smoking areas in public areas, like it's the case in trains or planes. I hope that happens in France one day.

SloKid
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
:bump: :lol:

TF Chipmunk
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
:bump: We can't be on the second page :eek:

silverwhite
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
:bump2:

Yasmine
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:10 PM
second page what? :eek: :eek: :eek: oh my god let's get this place going!

gentenaire
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:11 AM
It's because smokers have to take a cigarette break every now and then, when they can come in and post. Non-smokers, OTOH, keep working ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:17 AM
:banana:

Yasmine
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:48 AM
It's because smokers have to take a cigarette break every now and then, when they can come in and post. Non-smokers, OTOH, keep working ;)
:lol: sure yeah :yeah:

Kenny
Jun 15th, 2006, 08:41 AM
That's right jiggly.. I agree keep the cancer to themselves!

WOOHOO.. no smoke!

gentenaire
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Argh, why are smokers either a) clients of mine b) people treating me to dinner c)big bosses of some important firms? It means I never dare complain, never dare say that their smoking really is bothering me.

Today, I had to spend an entire site meeting in a confined space with a guy constantly smoking cigars. I had a splitting headache afterwards, couldn't do a thing, couldn't get any more work done. I had a similar headache the other two times I was in a meeting with him.

I think I have no choice but to plan the next meetings near the end of the day so that it isn't such a bother that I can't get any more work done for the remainder of the day.

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Me too and is that Brad's new movie decemberlove? :D

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM

It's not that smokers don't care or twist things to say that you are intolerant. Smokers don't think about anything but smoking. They don't notice that non-smokers exist. They feel you're intolerant because non-smokers tend to look down their noses at smokers and its the same as looking down your nose at someone who has an alcohol or drug addiction. It's a sickness that once it gets started, you can't help it. I had it, I've kicked it, but I miss it. I also understand your issues though. I don't like the smell. Even when I was smoking. I hated the bad breath and stale smell of smoke in my house and my clothes. But, I loved that cigarette taste and feeling. I think the smokers are starting to and have become more aware and considerate of non-smokers, because in America I believe you we outnumber the smokers and there are more bans and more stigmatism put on smokers. So, even though it's inconvenient don't be so harsh on a smoker. Don't talk to them like they are trash because you think they are intentionally being inconsiderate of your health. Just be pleasant when asking someone not to smoke or to try to keep the smoke out of your face, and I'm sure that the response will be better received. You can catch more flies with sugar than with shit. :wavey:

Denise4925
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Look you're inhaling a lot more shit right now stting in front of your computer and when you go outside than when someone accidentally puffs in your face. You inhale a lot worse but you have no perception. Like I said your lungs will eventually look like crap whether you smoke or not, as long as you live in a big city. Certain buildings can be deadlier than 20 packs a day for 20 years, and some cities just have too much pollution for smoking to be a factor

And I wasn't disrespectful so no need to be disrespectful we're just talking, it's not like I'm "puffing shit into your face like you're an inanimate object in my path" lol
When I smoked, I was walking down the sidewalk to my car downtown smoking a cigarette minding my own business, and this man is walking in back of me commented that he thought there should be a law against smoking everywhere, really nasty. When he said that, this big ass city bus passed spewing tons of carbon monoxide from its exhaust pipe right in our path. It all struck me at once and I busted out laughing. I told him last I heard this was a free country and he could cross the street if he didn't want to smell my smoke, but then he'd still have to smell the exhaust from the buses and cars passing, which was far worse than my little cigarette smoke could ever be, and I laughed again. He looked at me like he could kill me, but he had no response. What could he say??:shrug: :lol:

WorldWar24
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:04 PM
When I smoked, I was walking down the sidewalk to my car downtown smoking a cigarette minding my own business, and this man is walking in back of me commented that he thought there should be a law against smoking everywhere, really nasty. When he said that, this big ass city bus passed spewing tons of carbon monoxide from its exhaust pipe right in our path. It all struck me at once and I busted out laughing. I told him last I heard this was a free country and he could cross the street if he didn't want to smell my smoke, but then he'd still have to smell the exhaust from the buses and cars passing, which was far worse than my little cigarette smoke could ever be, and I laughed again. He looked at me like he could kill me, but he had no response. What could he say??:shrug: :lol:

lol just perfect timing

CanadianBoy21
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM
I have been 'smoking' for four years. Menaing one pack every few months, if that.
As long as you can control the amount, and most people can't, then it's not such a big deal. I do sports and all that stuff, so it's hard to have a taste for smoking. But occassionally it's just the right thing.
I find it absolutely disgusting to smoke like a pack or two a day. My uncle does it. It's gross. But his choice.

It costs sooo damn much as well.

Beat
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Since we'll live longer than the smokers
but who'd want to?

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
but who'd want to? :lol:
who would want to live longer! we would :bounce: and with all yall gone the air would be so fresh and smoke free! :bounce: :bounce:

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM
what could he say?

1-cities now have clean air buses thank you!
2-there are laws limiting the exhaust on these big clunkers. like hello :wavey:
3-those are two different kinds of smoke that cause to different kinds of problems
4-and no matter how big that car was, it doesnt smell anything never as bad as cig smoke. nor does it last on your person as long.
5-its like saying getting sprayed by a skunk in the city shouldn't bother you because cars will drive by and have exhaust coming out the backs. like yeah whatever :lol:

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM
http://www.blogd.com/images/smoker1.jpg
nasty

http://www.thepamperedpet.biz/Images2/skunk.jpg
at least this stinker is cute and fluffy! :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:

harloo
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I don't hate smokers but just can't tolerate the smell. Most of the time it's in their hair and clothes which makes it hard for me to focus on what they are saying. It's like someone with bad breathe running their mouth 24-7. You don't wan't to offend anyone but the smell of their breathe is overpowering. I find that many smokers don't realize the magnitude of that smell and how it can turn others off.

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
The ultimate is to be a non-smoker and have a relatively troublesome/stressless life, but that combo is usually impossible.

Denise4925
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:54 PM
what could he say?

1-cities now have clean air buses thank you!
2-there are laws limiting the exhaust on these big clunkers. like hello :wavey:
3-those are two different kinds of smoke that cause to different kinds of problems
4-and no matter how big that car was, it doesnt smell anything never as bad as cig smoke. nor does it last on your person as long.
5-its like saying getting sprayed by a skunk in the city shouldn't bother you because cars will drive by and have exhaust coming out the backs. like yeah whatever :lol:
1. I don't know what about the city you live in, but that was black smoke coming out of that bus that passed us. Didn't look clean to me. Like hello :wavey:

2. There may be laws, but they are on pieces of paper, they don't cover the exhaust pipe on a bus or car going down the street. Like hello :wavey:

3. There may be two different kinds of smoke, but I assure you the carcinogen coming out of that bus was far more hazardous than the small stream of smoke coming out of a cigarette with the wind blowing most of it away.

4. Well, he had a choice to move to the other side of the street if he felt that little bit of smoke was going to stay with him. :lol: Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

5. You're exaggerating. It's not even that bad. But, if you feel that exhaust pipe smoke isn't as hazardous as cigarette smoke or is more pleasant smelling, than that's how you feel. Who am I to come between you and lethal doses of carbon monoxide. :tape: :lol:

Denise4925
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I don't hate smokers but just can't tolerate the smell. Most of the time it's in their hair and clothes which makes it hard for me to focus on what they are saying. It's like someone with bad breathe running their mouth 24-7. You don't wan't to offend anyone but the smell of their breathe is overpowering. I find that many smokers don't realize the magnitude of that smell and how it can turn others off.
That may be true, but people don't have to treat smokers like lepers. A lot of smokers want to quit because of those reasons you mention, but it's very hard.

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
1. I don't know what about the city you live in, but that was black smoke coming out of that bus that passed us. Didn't look clean to me. Like hello :wavey:

2. There may be laws, but they are on pieces of paper, they don't cover the exhaust pipe on a bus or car going down the street. Like hello :wavey:

3. There may be two different kinds of smoke, but I assure you the carcinogen coming out of that bus was far more hazardous than the small stream of smoke coming out of a cigarette with the wind blowing most of it away.

4. Well, he had a choice to move to the other side of the street if he felt that little bit of smoke was going to stay with him. :lol: Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

5. You're exaggerating. It's not even that bad. But, if you feel that exhaust pipe smoke isn't as hazardous as cigarette smoke or is more pleasant smelling, than that's how you feel. Who am I to come between you and lethal doses of carbon monoxide. :tape: :lol:

smokers (and former smokers) be in some serious denial. but thats all i am going to say on that. :tape:

Denise4925
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:00 PM
smokers (and former smokers) be in some serious denial. but thats all i am going to say on that. :tape:
Jiggly, please :rolleyes: You're in denial about reality on this issue. You want so badly to be right that you exaggerate to the point of ridiculousness. I'm just trying to convey the point of view of the other side.

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Jiggly, please :rolleyes: You're in denial about reality on this issue. You want so badly to be right that you exaggerate to the point of ridiculousness. I'm just trying to convey the point of view of the other side.
whatever you say my friend whatever you say. :tape:

gentenaire
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I agree with Denise, you shouldn't exaggerate. The smoke coming from a bus is a lot worse and I'm glad that I usually don't have to breathe it in. I do try to avoid riding behind busses when I'm riding my bike. Fortunately we mainly have trams.

I do hate how people try to defend smoking in restaurants and bars by saying that there's a lot of polution in the streets as well. Smoke in a confined space is completely different to smoke in open air. If they want to compare traffic polution to smoking in a bar, they have to compare it to having dinner in a garage, with smoke from busses blown in your face while you're eating.

Also, my clothes and hair never smell of busses, they do often smell of cigarettes.

I understand that it's very hard for a smoker to quit. It's an addiction and those are hard to overcome. I hear the longing for a cigarette never really goes away. This is why I feel it's very important that youngsters don't pick up the habit in the first place and I believe that banning smoking in bars would help in this. It would also make it easier for smokers to quit.

Denise4925
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I agree with Denise, you shouldn't exaggerate. The smoke coming from a bus is a lot worse and I'm glad that I usually don't have to breathe it in. I do try to avoid riding behind busses when I'm riding my bike. Fortunately we mainly have trams.

I do hate how people try to defend smoking in restaurants and bars by saying that there's a lot of polution in the streets as well. Smoke in a confined space is completely different to smoke in open air. If they want to compare traffic polution to smoking in a bar, they have to compare it to having dinner in a garage, with smoke from busses blown in your face while you're eating.

Also, my clothes and hair never smell of busses, they do often smell of cigarettes.

I understand that it's very hard for a smoker to quit. It's an addiction and those are hard to overcome. I hear the longing for a cigarette never really goes away. This is why I feel it's very important that youngsters don't pick up the habit in the first place and I believe that banning smoking in bars would help in this. It would also make it easier for smokers to quit.

I agree and the non-smokers here are much happier and businesses have not felt any impact to the smoking ban. I also agree that getting the message out to kids at an early age not to smoke is a great idea. I think it helps that parents don't smoke. If my parents had never been smokers I doubt I would have ever picked up the habit. Although me and my siblings all smoked, our children never picked up the habit. Some kids who smoke live with parents who dont. So it's also about choice. The point is, don't ever start, you'll regret it.

Wigglytuff
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
i really think they have no idea how bad it is. and how long it lasts. or how it sticks to clothes and other inanimate objects. yukkk.