PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with the name of this film?

fnuf7
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
A mate and I were just talking about some old films from our childhood and the film Short Circuit came up which reminded me of another film that I loved but cannot remember the name of and because of my really random and vague description my mate won't believe me that it's a real film. So I'm trying to remember the name so I can search it out and prove it exists :)

Basically from what I remember it was about this old couple who owned a little cafe/diner that was almost being run out of business by this massive corporation who wanted to take over and rip the place down. But then these 2 (or maybe a few more...:shrug: ) little flying saucer/robot things crashed into their cafe and the couple started to look after the little flying machines which then eventually help the couple stay in business. I'm sure 2 of the flying saucer robot things had little baby robot flying machines as well at some point...and I definitely remember one of the flying robots being very injured, can't remember if it was nursed back to health or died though...

It was a great film, even if my memory and retelling of the plot makes it sound incredibly dumb! :lol: Anyone know what film I'm talking about? I'm pretty sure it's quite well known as I seem to remember it was always on around Xmas and New Year as the "family film", think it's from around the 80s or so. Cheers if anyone knows what on earth I'm going on about! ;)

geewhiz
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Sounds like 'Batteries Not Included' :unsure:

fnuf7
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Omg! Yes that's it! All I had in my head was something about the title being 'wireless' or something but thought I was getting confused with Short Circuit :lol: Batteries Not Included is exactly the film I mean, thanks! :D

CondiLicious
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Those 80s robot/alien movies were the best. I LOVED "Flight Of The Navigator"

naughty_sprite
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:28 PM
short circuit was quality!!!!!!!!!

have u ever seen the navigator?

fnuf7
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Flight of the navigator was amazing! :D Aren't they making a new version of it now? Or did I just dream that up...I bet they ruin a classic film :(

Johnny Five Alive! ;)