PDA

View Full Version : "Passions" Renewed By NBC! WHY!?!?

SelesFan70
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
For those of you who don't know, "Passions" is a daytime drama here in the U.S. that is horribly written, horribly acted, and just plain DUMB! (IMHO)

http://www.soapcentral.com/ps/news/2006/0529-renewed.php

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Hon, the standard for daytime TV is pretty low. Why don't we develop a gay soap opera. We'll call it "The Dykes." It will be the saga of one woman, helplessly in love with her husband's mistress.

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM
For those of you who don't know, "Passions" is a daytime drama here in the U.S. that is horribly written, horribly acted, and just plain DUMB! (IMHO)

That Latino chick is hot! I forgot here name! I watched it a few times a few summers ago and Charity was hot! I don't know if she got killed off yet though she was crazy :crazy: !

jbone_0307
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Theresa is hot!!! Charity is gone and I use to like her character. Did anybody see yesterday. There was a crash and explosion in the car where Marty and Beth were. I hope Beth makes it out safely with Marty. Passions is awesome!!!

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Why??? I watch Passions. This is great news. It's different and I like that. I watched from the first day because I wanted to watch a soap opera but I wanted to know everything about it. I didn't want to watch one where thirty years of stuff happened and I would always be left out in something. Tabitha is my favorite character. I love Beth Wallace as well. Teresa Lopez Fitzgerald Crane is annoying though. Someone needs to slap her skinny ass. I was kinda mad at the writers though. That was fucked up. Why did all the black people in the soap have to be related? Whitney and Chad? Chad has a nice ass though...

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Theresa is hot!!! Charity is gone and I use to like her character. Did anybody see yesterday. There was a crash and explosion in the car where Marty and Beth were. I hope Beth makes it out safely with Marty. Passions is awesome!!!
I love me some Beth. She has some sexy lips. That man that Sheridan is married to now is fucking hot. What a yummy South African man.

cometz9
Adrian and Mark :drool:

Cat's Pajamas

what did they do to poor charity :sad:

Days of Our Lives is better but I haven't watched it in forever! But I might now that its summer time :cool: :o

jbone_0307
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Didn't Tabitha put a spell on her to leave because of the demons or something, so Kay could have Miguel, but Miguel ran after Charity, and Miguel returned (as someone new) I love Beth. Nothing can top when Beth and Charly (Allistair) had her in the pit and tortured her by shooting her and puttin clown mask on. That was awesome. I hate Gwen and Ethan just needs to get back with Theresa because he knows that he still loves her. Allistair has an impersonator at the hospital and everybody thinks he's in a coma.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
OMG. They're going to cut Adrian and Beth. They're the hottest actor on the show. How the hell do you cut former Miss America? Cut Simone or Miguel. Don't cut my girl Beth.

jbone_0307
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Why? When? Who said that!!!??

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Why? When? Who said that!!!??
http://www.soapcentral.com/ps/news/2006/0612-budgetcuts.php

SelesFan70
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Hon, the standard for daytime TV is pretty low. Why don't we develop a gay soap opera. We'll call it "The Dykes." It will be the saga of one woman, helplessly in love with her husband's mistress.

At least we could save a ton on wardrobe. :tape:

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I remember Beth!

She was the crazy bitch with the old mother and the monkey and she tried to steal that one guy (Louise I think, not sure) and she kidnapped his kid and tried to Sharon or whatever her name was and eventually she just got annoying!

jbone_0307
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
:(

Infiniti2001
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I can't believe they're sticking with Trassions :lol: Oh well, it's no wonder their daytime ratings is in the toilet :rolleyes:

Rocketta
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
NBC is run by idiots if it hasn't already been obvious! :o

I hear Days is on the chopping block....and to believe they cut Another World for some dumb soap that didn't last and then got replaced by Pukerassions... :help:

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Here come the haters. Passions is an interesting soap and the other soaps just imitate Passions but better. Passions was one of the first soap with supernatural stuff and then Port Charles was doing it, then Days of Our Lives, One Life to Live, etc. Passions might not ever win a Soap award or an Emmy or win anything in fact but people dp enjoy watching it if not for it's plots then for it's hot men.

Rocketta
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Here come the haters. Passions is an interesting soap and the other soaps just imitate Passions but better. Passions was one of the first soap with supernatural stuff and then Port Charles was doing it, then Days of Our Lives, One Life to Live, etc. Passions might not ever win a Soap award or an Emmy or win anything in fact but people dp enjoy watching it if not for it's plots then for it's hot men.

oh please, Days had Marlena possessed by the Devil before Passions was even a concept. :rolleyes:

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I like Days of Our Lives

It was awesome when the Salem killer was just killing everyone off and then they brought them all back :rolleyes:

I wanted them all to stay dead :haha:

meggz_star
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I remember Beth!

She was the crazy bitch with the old mother and the monkey and she tried to steal that one guy (Louise I think, not sure) and she kidnapped his kid and tried to Sharon or whatever her name was and eventually she just got annoying!

What ever happened to Mrs. Wallace?

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
NBC was at it heights when it showed The Days of Our Lives, Doctors and Another World. Santa Barbara wasn't so bad, but there's just so much they could do with the blonde and hispanic guy love story. They've since cancelled the two latter and haven't been able to recover since.

It'll take more than a Marlena exorcism and killing the cast off of The Days of Our Lives to save NBC's daytime dramas.

NBC daytime hasn't been the same since they killed off Another World.

Scotso
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Soap Operas :zzz:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Your right...but..thats what makes this show so funny to watch. Its SO BAD that its FUNNY and entertaining to watch on occasion :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM
The only Soap Opera i have ever gottin into was SANTA BARBARA back in the day. I use to watch it when i came home from grade school :tape:

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:20 PM
At least we could save a ton on wardrobe. :tape:

I'm not talking a reality show! No, if we're going to "sell" lesbians to the public, these are going to be the best dressed, hottest, most "femme" lipstick lesbians imaginable. Then, after we capture an audience, we toss in a couple of homely ones and a couple of butches (all with hearts of gold, after all).

Rocketta
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM
The only Soap Opera i have ever gottin into was SANTA BARBARA back in the day. I use to watch it when i came home from grade school :tape:

Santa Barbara was the shit....the first mistake NBC made.

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:26 PM
With Y&R on, why would anybody want to watch another soap?

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:32 PM

They should have a soap with me, Joan Rivers, Neely, and Sally Struthers. Instead of "The Young and the Restless" it could be "The Old and the Weary."

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM
The Days of Hags or how about " As Star Jones's Fat Ass Turns!"

SelesFan70
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM

:bowdown:

Poor Devon! He's in love with his step-sister. :tape: I read that Victor is gonna start bringing his dog to Newman Enterprises! :scared: Those head butts he did to Nikki's attacker have made him :cuckoo:

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:41 PM
:bowdown:

Poor Devon! He's in love with his step-sister. :tape: I read that Victor is gonna start bringing his dog to Newman Enterprises! :scared: Those head butts he did to Nikki's attacker have made him :cuckoo:Jack is planning something a little sinister about that, and I don't understand why they don't provide more butt shots of JT.

They should develop Devon's charater a little more. I think he is a decent actor for daytime standards.

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:41 PM
They should have a soap with me, Joan Rivers, Neely, and Sally Struthers. Instead of "The Young and the Restless" it could be "The Old and the Weary."LOL!!!!!

CanIGetAWhat
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:48 PM
what did they do to poor charity :sad:

Days of Our Lives is better but I haven't watched it in forever! But I might now that its summer time :cool: :oI love Days! It's been so long since I've watched it. Last time was when Susan was impersonating Kristen. :lol: Susan was a hoot! :D

I recently caught it on TV the other day. Carrie and Austin are back! :drool:

Sally Struthers
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM
They should have a soap with me, Joan Rivers, Neely, and Sally Struthers. Instead of "The Young and the Restless" it could be "The Old and the Weary."

or All My Wrinkles ... I guess JOan wouldn't fit in. Her skin is so tight you can bounce quarters off it.

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Helen, Did you see the Dynasty Reunion that was aired on CBS a few months ago? What is going on with Linda Evans' lips? Joan Collins has had a bit of work done too.

Sally Struthers
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Helen, Did you see the Dynasty Reunion that was aired on CBS a few months ago? What is going on with Linda Evans' lips? Joan Collins has had a bit of work done too.

I caught the miniseries they did about Dynasty. Did they have a reunion after? Linda Evans always looked a little fucked up to me so who could tell the difference? :lol:

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM

HOW did I miss that???? :o

Joan Collins is about one Botox shot away from Joan Rivers. I didn't see poor Linda Evans, she used to be so beautiful!

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:01 PM
or All My Wrinkles ... I guess JOan wouldn't fit in. Her skin is so tight you can bounce quarters off it.

I always admire Joan's new look, if she ever loses her comedy talent, she can always get a job in a bad--as a drum--her face is pulled tighter than a drum! Joan, of course, you know I'm just kidding. I'd KILL to look that good!

Pureracket
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, Linda's lips look swollen. It was hilarious because they showed the old scenes from the show as they were reminiscing, and they'd come back to the current actors, and none of them looked the same.

Sally Struthers
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I always admire Joan's new look, if she ever loses her comedy talent, she can always get a job in a bad--as a drum--her face is pulled tighter than a drum! Joan, of course, you know I'm just kidding. I'd KILL to look that good!

Joan looks great for her age, I must say. Hell, I'd rather see her all remodeled and maintained than the normal, unadulterated octagenarian you see all over the place. Melissa better be careful before she finds herself looking more like Joan's sister than daughter.

Helen Lawson
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Linda's lips look swollen. It was hilarious because they showed the old scenes from the show as they were reminiscing, and they'd come back to the current actors, and none of them looked the same.

I just got that on the new "9 to 5" DVD with interviews with the cast. They're showing like a scene from the movie with the three of them from 1980 and then they cut to the broads as they are today, and you really want to shriek! Dolly looks like an alien today compared to before, Jane looks about 100 years old. Lily Tomlin, actually, it's not jaw-dropping like the other two, she's aged the best of the three--which isn't saying much! :o

Joan Rivers
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Joan looks great for her age, I must say. Hell, I'd rather see her all remodeled and maintained than the normal, unadulterated octagenarian you see all over the place. Melissa better be careful before she finds herself looking more like Joan's sister than daughter.
Sal, she does look more like my sister. My older sister! The bags under Melissa's eyes could carry Diana Ross's tour wardrobe.

Hel, there's talk of a 9 to 5 sequel, continuing the story 25 years on. What's the plot going to be? Dolly, Lily and Jane trying to escape from their nursing home?!

new-york
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Worst show ever. i LOVED it..

Miguel & his bro. :hearts: :drool:

tterb
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Okay, so I'm sure most soap operas are guilty of the same thing, but:

No joke, three years ago my sister watched Passions religiously, so I caught a few episodes from time to time. It's so poorly written/plotted that it was actually mildly entertaining. But yeah, the other day my sister was trying to start watching Passions again... I asked, "But how will you know what the heck's going on?" And we proceeded to watch an episode where Teresa for the millionth time agonized over how to split up Ethan and Gwen. It was hilarious. I understand drawing a plot element out to create suspense, but daaaaaamn!

Soap operas... :lol:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Passions is HORRIBLE.. its a comedy rather than a soap opera