PDA

View Full Version : Lisa/Rennae => Lisa/Sam

GermanBoy
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Can anyone help? How did that all develop? I know Lisa and Rennae had problems with one another but after a longer split they teamed up again some time last year, right? Why did they split up again? How did Lisa choose Sam as her new partner? If my memory serves me right Sam was a good but not a top doubles player at that time.... Didn't Lisa and Sam lost their first two first round matches before winning New Haven and the US Open? Impressive but what happened to them? They have become the new doubles force so quickly...

TS
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Lisa was looking for a new partner, asked Sam and Sam said yes. Sam was playing in a fairly successful partnership with Bryanne Stewart, but decided that playing with Lisa would be the better way to go. Good move.

Also, there is NO bad blood between any of these players. Lisa and Rennae are still friends, and Sam and Bryanne are still friends.

GermanBoy
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Okay but wouldn't one think Lisa would have chosen a player who was placed higher in the rankings? How exactly did she decide to ask Sam? I love this partnership btw!

Carmen Mairena
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Also, there is NO bad blood between any of these players. Lisa and Rennae are still friends

Rennae outed Lisa :tape: :tape: :tape:

tucker1989
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Rennae outed Lisa :tape: :tape: :tape:

I don't think it was that big of a surprise to anyone :lol: Lisa and Sam is a great team :worship:

stubbsy71
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Rennae certainly did not out Lisa

aussy89
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:30 PM
im actually not sure how lisa thought about asking sammy maybe they were good mates aswell before they teamed up who knows the only person we can ask is lisa.

but it was an awsome decision for sure = )

TS
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM
She wanted to pick an up and comer, and felt like Sam's strong serve and groundies would compliment her own game.

Well, I made this up but it sounds true :)

griffin
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Okay but wouldn't one think Lisa would have chosen a player who was placed higher in the rankings? How exactly did she decide to ask Sam?

She was probably looking for a good match in terms of style of play, how their strengths (and weaknesses) matched up, and their personalities.

Just because someone's ranked higher doesn't mean they're going to be a better fit on a team, or you're going to be able to work and communicate well with them.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Lisa was talking around the doubles circuit. Her biggest win in 2004 was with Molik at Philadelphia. Molik was partnering with Kuznetsova though. Her plan to get comfortable with Navi for a good result at the Olympics backfired and her partnerships with Stubbs seems to have run its course. She talked to Gigi Fernandez who told her about this up-and-comer Australian with a good backhand volley who she was working with that would compliment Lisa. Lisa jumped on it and Gigi still worked with Stosur to help her on her volleys and doubles technique. When there's an amazing doubles player such as Gigi helping part of your team out, it can add up to a dominant team. Raymond/Stosur has been the dominant team for almost a year now. I don't see why it can't be that way for another couple of years. I just hope Lisa makes the right choice this time. I would rather win slams instead of messing up a good partnership for the posibility of a medal at Beijing.