PDA

View Full Version : Henin will win Wimbledon

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM
And will get herself the highly coveted Career Grand Slam.
She came close before in 2001, but Venus destroyed her hopes in the 3rd set handing her a bagel and thoroughly dismissing Justine.

However, Justine is now a much different player. Most important difference is that she isn't the mental midget she was back then. Justine delivers when the moment calls for it.
Secondly, her game has matured and is the most complete of the entire WTA at present.
She is a great thinker on court.
She is also more willing to come forward now than she was then which will be key for her on grass.

She will be the one the press will be all over about the career grand slam and not Roger (sorry Roger, maybe next year lol).

pigam
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
nice Jinx!!
allez! :banana:

BarbaraZ
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Good luck with this thread :wavey:

fifiricci
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I doubt she has the stamina to win this one on the back of winning the French. She doesn't have the physical make up to do that. I also think there are a ton of players who can beat her on grass, she doesn't have that air of invincibility that she has on clay.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
O ye of little faith... mark my words, she will win Wimbledon.
She won't win the US Open, she will be too tired, but this year the All England club is hers for the taking.

Sorry Maria :devil:

fifiricci
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:01 AM
O ye of little faith... mark my words, she will win Wimbledon.
She won't win the US Open, she will be too tired, but this year the All England club is hers for the taking.

Sorry Maria :devil:

You might be able to brainwash or convince yourself by saying "mark my words she will win" a gazillion times between now and 26 June, but the rest of us may need something a little more sophisticated, intelligent and analytical from you if we are to take you at all seriously.

You could apply this statement to anyone in the top 10, 20, 50 or even 100, as it is based on hope alone.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
You might be able to brainwash or convince yourself by saying "mark my words she will win" a gazillion times between now and 26 June, but the rest of us may need something a little more sophisticated, intelligent and analytical from you if we are to take you at all seriously.

You could apply this statement to anyone in the top 10, 20, 50 or even 100, as it is based on hope alone.

Dude, who is going to beat her??? Maria? Not a chance.
Venus? Not with that forehand (and second serve).
Lindsay? Not even sure if she will play.
Hingis? Might pose a challenge for Henin but Henin has too much power for the Swiss.

pigam
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hingis? Might pose a challenge for Henin but Henin has too much power for the Swiss.
Daniilidou for starters.

Give it up, please. thank u :wavey:

lindsayno1
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
yeah she won the French last year and lost in the 1st round of wimbledon!

Mightymirza
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Bhagwaan kare
inshallah
amen...Hope whatever u saying is true..ALLLLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZz

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM
i really doubt she will i think she will go to quarters at best

Prizeidiot
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I won't say anything on the matter... I thought she'd win it last year :tape:

Junex
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
nice if she won't better if she will!!!!

wait and see...take the tournament matchs after match...game after game!!!

Grohl
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Daniilidou for starters.

:haha:

Jakeev
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I said it last year and I am gonna say it again: Justine has the tools to win Wimbledon but she can't play clay-court tennis to win the title.

First, she needs an easier draw in the early rounds and second, she has to stay aggressive from start to finish against the power players.

Now Justine should not be as tired going into Wimbledon like she was last year. I wasn't shocked at all by her first-round exit.

I don't expect that to happen in 2006, but we just have to wait and see.

nouf
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:18 AM
its a joke! i think!

Il Primo!
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:23 AM
She could win it..I think it depends on Maria and Venus. If she doen't face them I think she will(and she could even beat them!!She serves well,her return is magic and she run unbelievable)...Stop saying she will lost in the first round cause she's tired blablabla..If I remember well,she was not tired but injured last year,nit the same thing at all...Plus she reached the final et two semies being able to beat the 2001 Capriati who was a hard hitter...Consedering that Justine improved and is stronger physically,she must be considered as THE number #3 favorite. Neither Kim,nor Amelie,nor Sveta,nor anybody can beat her,she's much better and more determinated and tougher mentally

natacha1
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I dont know if she can win it, but I stay on hoping :angel:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Last year, her batteries were "gone" before Wimby and crashed from the 1st round.

This year, the batteries are charged and now she's hopping like the Energiser Bunny.

There is a chance to win it... but odds are that Maria and Venus will be favoured.

LucasArg
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM
mmmmm I don't see Henin winning Wimbledon. It will depend on her draw, but still I think she could reach the semifinals.

thrust
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Last year she was injured and worn out. This year she seems to be free from injuries, and should be well rested for Wimbledon. She could win it this year, but I wouldn^t count on it. HOPEFULLY, she will win Wimbledon this year!!

Carmen Mairena
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'm a fan but I don't think it will happen this year... She didn't look 100% to me at Roland Garros, even when she won it! :speakles:

cellophane
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:33 PM
:scared:

Mightymirza
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:36 PM
well last yr a main reason she lost wimby was woeful serving poor1st serve percentage and DFs on SPs and MP and she had serving issues through out clay season as well..But this yr it seemsto have changed and lapses in concentrations have been taken care of as well...Sheshuddo well at wimby I think...it will betoo much to ask her win both RG and Wimby back to back for sure...But atleast shes focused and shes clearly said it she wants it and I think she can do anything once shemotivated for it..just hope shes not emotionally not drained..Alllezzzzz....

Ryan
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:41 PM
She won't beat Venus OR Maria on grass playing from the baseline.

Lin Lin
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:42 PM
probably

alfajeffster
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:33 PM
And will get herself the highly coveted Career Grand Slam.
She came close before in 2001, but Venus destroyed her hopes in the 3rd set handing her a bagel and thoroughly dismissing Justine.

However, Justine is now a much different player. Most important difference is that she isn't the mental midget she was back then. Justine delivers when the moment calls for it.
Secondly, her game has matured and is the most complete of the entire WTA at present.
She is a great thinker on court.
She is also more willing to come forward now than she was then which will be key for her on grass.

She will be the one the press will be all over about the career grand slam and not Roger (sorry Roger, maybe next year lol).

Actually, I think she has a better shot this year than in the last couple of years. She will have to work on her second serve, and also her slice backhand cross-court to (mostly) two-handed opposition. I'd like to see her come through and win it, actually, since Serena isn't playing.

RAA
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I think henin has a decent shot at winning wimby in her career. however, I don't think she can do it in a year she wins the french. playing GS takes a LOT out of Justine. honestly I think one year if she bombs out of the french that will be her best shot to win wimby. it would be tough for her to win them back to back.

hopefully she is restingup to make a strong run at wimby but I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up pretty tired..

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:37 PM
I worry about served sliced out wide and kicked out wide. But I really do believe she can do it. Her only weakness on that surface is her height.

And she does have to stay aggressive from start to finish.

All that to say if she does win Wimby...wow

SelesFan70
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM
She's definitely one of my top 5 picks. :)

vesanto
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Well, she is for sure a big favorite. She is an awesome player and has the mentality and the tools to win a grand slam but I donīt know. I really hope not, sorry. I would love this one to go to Venus but somehow I donīt think she will do it because everyone is putting her as the biggest favorite, not like last year when anyone was expecting her victory.

For Henin, I think if she stays healthy, she can beat sharapova and venus. But itīs not going to be easy because these will fight till the end. And letīs not forget Amelie, because Wimbledon is a really great tournament for her, sheīs confortable in the net and she doesnīt have the pressure. I always thought that her first grand slam would be there but I was wrong!

alfonsojose
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Her backhand and defensive shots are more vulnerable on grass :shrug:

fnuf7
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I've been thinking the last few days of who is the most likely winner of Wimbledon this year and I have to say (without knowing draws etc cos that can change things ;) ) the most likely ones to win for me are Justine, Amelie or an outside bet of someone like Vaidisova.

Just because these players either usually play v well on grass (Amelie and Justine) or are in a good vein of form with a lot of confidence and not much in the way of injuries (Justine and Vaidisova). Plus the usual people I would pick for Wimbledon don't appear to be playing it (Serena), are injured/just come back from injury (Masha, Lindsay) or are just in poo form at the moment it seems (Venus)

My pick is Justine to win, although I'd prefer anyone else to win it I'm afraid! :tape: ;)

ToeTag
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Like hell she will.

Signed: Maria Sharapova.

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Since when does pressure bother Venus? And poor form? Does anyone remember the form of the Venus that has been to 5/6 Wimby finals? I'm telling ya, when on grass, Venus just transforms into the grass court player supreme.

How is Juju's backhand vulnerable on grass?

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Well, we had to read people discussing how Venus, Hingis and Petrova were going to win the French Open this year, when we damn well knew better.

And given their performances in France, Henin is just as likely to do well in GB as they were expected to on clay, if not better.

Because the reality is, Henin is a more complete player today than all three of those women. Period.

RAA
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I feel like if conchita martinez can win wimby, then so can henin.

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Consider that Justine only has first round points to defend, she'll likely edge closer to number one as the tournament heads into the second week.

iPatty
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM
What's the difference between now and last year? :shrug:

Ryan
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I don't see that either. I think she'll definately improve on last years result, but I don't know if she'll win.

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Justine played more tournaments leading up to the French last year and her clay court schedule was exhausting. She went into Wimbledon without anything left.

That is the difference between last year and this year.

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Last Year,She had not had any grass court matches,she was injured and was fatigued by all those three set matches at FO.This year,She is entered in Wimbledon,is injury-free,has not had tiring matches and has limited her play.So,Yeah she has a huge shot of winning,all she has to do is grasp it and play solid grasscourt tennis.

The_Pov
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
When she does you'll bump up this thread, when she doesn I will bump up this thread.

MH0861
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM
She's a favorite wherever she plays, so she has a great shot. I just remember everyone also thought she would win last year and look what happened.. so I guess we'll see!

iPatty
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Justine played more tournaments leading up to the French last year and her clay court schedule was exhausting. She went into Wimbledon without anything left.

That is the difference between last year and this year.

But still, last year, she won the French and had a two week break to rest before Wimbledon.

While there is a difference from last year, I still think she will be exhausted. Probably too tired to have a serious chance at winning. Her body is too fragile to endure the physical (and mental) strain of back to back Grand Slams.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Well, we had to read people discussing how Venus, Hingis and Petrova were going to win the French Open this year, when we damn well knew better.

And given their performances in France, Henin is just as likely to do well in GB as they were expected to on clay, if not better.

Because the reality is, Henin is a more complete player today than all three of those women. Period.
To be honest between these three (Hingis, Venus and Henin) women you have 3 complete players, all of them capable of hit any shot in the book, so the Justine is the "more" complete player comment is BS. :help:

And you may include Petrova (i have not watched her that much but i think she hits solid and is capable play any shot as well).

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM
But still, last year, she won the French and had a two week break to rest before Wimbledon.

While there is a difference from last year, I still think she will be exhausted. Probably too tired to have a serious chance at winning. Her body is too fragile to endure the physical (and mental) strain of back to back Grand Slams.
You donīt have anything to backup this comment, in fact in 2001 Henin reached Semis at Roland Garros and Finals of Wimbledon, and in 2003 she won RG and reached semis of Wimbledon, so she has shown she can get deep in both in the same year.

Callystarr
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Wait a minute...if memory serves me correctly, hasn't Justine only made it past the 4R...once in her career @ Wimbledon?

Please....Venus & Maria are definately the ones to beat her...with a splash of Amelie throwin in there.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Wait a minute...if memory serves me correctly, hasn't Justine only made it past the 4R...once in her career @ Wimbledon?

Please....Venus & Maria are definately the ones to beat her...with a splash of Amelie throwin in there.
Final in 2001, SF in 2002 and 2003. That makes it three times to the semis at least, in 5 or 6 years that she has played it.

moby
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Justine has reached a final and 2 semis. USO is the one where she only got past the 4th round once, and went on to win it.

She can definitely win Wimbledon, but she'll have to come in to net a lot and be aggressive (she knows it herself) because there's no way she can outhit the flat hitters from the baseline. I'd say she's a contender (going by form and previous Wimbledon performances) but it's a stretch to say she's the favourite.

kabuki
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
With so many out or nursing injuries, JHH has a great shot this year. But, I just think that the grass takes so much time away from her that it will be tough for her against some of the Big Babes. She will also have to serve very, very well.

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Incorrect. You should read the thread.

She's been in a Wimby semi and final.

Vacant
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
She definitely has a shot, and should be considered one of the favourites.

She'll need to get the first serve percentage up though.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hingis: Last GS title 1999.
Venus: 1 GS in five years.
Petrova: Zero GS titles.
Henin: 5 GS titles and 1 Olympic Gold Medal in the last three years.
Being the player with better results lately does not imply being more complete than the other.

Eg. Nadal just won RG beating Federer and owns a 6-1 in head to head vs Roger, does that means that Nadal is the more complete player today? :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
With so many out or nursing injuries, JHH has a great shot this year. But, I just think that the grass takes so much time away from her that it will be tough for her against some of the Big Babes. She will also have to serve very, very well.

Venus and Sharapova will be there and they are Wimby's reigning queens. The only two players who will not be in attendance that might have a slight shot is Davenport and Serena and neither of them have played enough good tennis the past few months to be considered a threat anyway.

Bitter Blue Bong
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I don't see Justine beating the top grass court players at Wimbledon. She seems to have the edge against Maria on other surfaces but they've never met on grass, and Venus? We won't even go there. Being in the finals five years out of six pretty much speaks for itself.

Bitter Blue Bong
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Hingis: Last GS title 1999.
Venus: 1 GS in five years.
Petrova: Zero GS titles.
Henin: 5 GS titles and 1 Olympic Gold Medal in the last three years.

Being the player with better results lately does not imply being more complete than the other.

Eg. Nadal just won RG beating Federer and owns a 6-1 in head to head vs Roger, does that means that Nadal is the more complete player today? :lol:

:lol:

cellophane
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:10 PM
God help us all if that happens. :tape: ;)

magassi
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM
She shouldn't even have been a finalist in 2001... Capriati was spanking her ass until the rains came -- or was it a JHH injury timeout? Oh well... it should have been a Jenn/Venus final... with Venus winning of course...

Dexter
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM
nice jinx. thx.

cellophane
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:14 PM
nice jinx. thx.

I don't believe in jinxes. :p

kabuki
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Venus and Sharapova will be there and they are Wimby's reigning queens. The only two players who will not be in attendance that might have a slight shot is Davenport and Serena and neither of them have played enough good tennis the past few months to be considered a threat anyway.

Yah, but Sharpie, Venus and Kim are both on the mend, and Maria in part. is not match tough yet. Plus, if Venus has shown anything in the last few years it is that she is unpredictable. She might storm to the title, or she might lose in the first week.

Mightymirza
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:18 PM
She shouldn't even have been a finalist in 2001... Capriati was spanking her ass until the rains came -- or was it a JHH injury timeout? Oh well... it should have been a Jenn/Venus final... with Venus winning of course...
hater :ras: what kinda bull crap reason is this..Bottom line is She beat capriati thats it..Does this mean davy shud hav won AO 05 as well???or was injury timeout then was fine...Come on be a sport how many women have reached wimby semis twice and final once amongst the active players anyways???And to think that this player doesnt know how to play on grass is just sooo crappish...One SF or final appearance can be a fluke but how do u explain 2 SFs and a final..She must have something special as well. Just stop hating her just coz shes wining it alll :p..ALLEZZZZZZZZZ

Sanneriet
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I think she has a shot. I thought she had been in two semi's and a final, but she has stated that winning Wimbledon is one of her goals. Much depends upon her health and her draw. This year does seem a bit more open than years past. Davenport may not play. Serena and Capriati are out. Haven't heard anything about Pierce. Venus and Maria could meet each other in the first week, depending on seedings. I think she has both the game and the determination. Things can happen! That's why they actually have to play the matches.

tennisboi
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Not with her serve

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
And it is imperative to note that the sf she lost to Serena/Venus; good grass court players.

I also think, compared to the last few years, jhh has grown mentally.

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Not with her serve

Maybe not with a low service %, but her serve is very good, especially on grass.

Fingon
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Really, that's my favourite Justine's match, she kicked Capriati's bad so badly that it still hurts.

There was a moment that Capriati was just looking at the shots get past her, she had no answers none whatsoever.

And it was a rain delay, not a timeout.

Nice try though

Sanneriet
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Not with her serve

What is wrong with her serve? She has a fast flat serve that will work well on grass. Her first serve percentage is usually around 50% because she is willing to take chances on it.

Kart
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM

By that reasoning, shouldn't it actually have been a Serena-Justine semi ?

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Can't say for sure if Justine will win it, but she certainly should be considered a favorite since she's made the finals of both grand slams this year and just won at the French. Making it previously to a Wimby finals and semi should be enough experience to make it into the second week.

And as I said before, she's only defending first round points, so if she makes it deep into the second week, she should be challenging for #1 soon.

DragonFlame
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:42 PM
bad jinx, why can't justine be kept low-profile? :o she lost in the first round last year so don't expect anything from her.
Venus will win it! remember she's been in the final 5 times in the last 6 years! :eek: that's amasing, she will take it!

faboozadoo15
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM
i'd pick sharapova or venus over her. whoever of those 2 meets justine first will probably beat her. i really doubt she'd get through both.

but justine is DEFINITELY on the short list of favorites.

Stingray
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Maria- Almost definitely
Venus- 95% sure Venus would win
Lindsay- More than likely
Hingis- Henin would probably beat her.

That isn't a very intelligent or thought out statment. How you can pick Henin to beat a 3 time champion who won when Henin lost 1st round last year beats me.
Silly Post.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drive-volley
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Good joke.

GracefulVenus
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
This newbie has some balls huh!Anyways, I do think Justine has a great shot at this title. She looked sharp during Roland Garros!

Sanneriet
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Actually, her results at Wimbledon are two first round losses, two semi-finals, one final. So, if she makes it out of the first round then she usually does pretty well. I think Venus and Sharapova would beat her IF they play her. She has the game and the desire. She needs a favorable draw (no Venus:) ) and good health. I would like to see her complete a career slam.

pcrtennis
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
She won't win...she wins on clay because she knows how to play on it better than everyone else but everyone else at the top plays at or above her level on a grass court.

furrykitten
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the thread!
Henin Wimbledon 2005 :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I love this jinx threads!

Didn't someone say the same thing after juju won the french?

Ha! Bring on Wimbledon!

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I've been thinking the last few days of who is the most likely winner of Wimbledon this year and I have to say (without knowing draws etc cos that can change things ;) ) the most likely ones to win for me are Justine, Amelie or an outside bet of someone like Vaidisova.

Just because these players either usually play v well on grass (Amelie and Justine) or are in a good vein of form with a lot of confidence and not much in the way of injuries (Justine and Vaidisova). Plus the usual people I would pick for Wimbledon don't appear to be playing it (Serena), are injured/just come back from injury (Masha, Lindsay) or are just in poo form at the moment it seems (Venus)

My pick is Justine to win, although I'd prefer anyone else to win it I'm afraid! :tape: ;)hmmm. . .only four players are in "better form than Venus" at the moment: the four SF of RG. And that is a completely different surface. Of those four, only one has ever been in contention at Wimbledon and that was Henin. As I recall, Venus bagelled her in final set in '01 and blew her away the in '02. And overall, Venus leads h2hs 7-1. So, her best competition in terms of "in form" players is owned (for now) by the reigning champion and six time finalist.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:08 PM
hmmm. . .only four players are in "better form than Venus" at the moment: the four SF of RG. And that is a completely different surface. Of those four, only one has ever been in contention at Wimbledon and that was Henin. As I recall, Venus bagelled her in final set in '01 and blew her away the in '02. And overall, Venus leads h2hs 7-1. So, her best competition in terms of "in form" players is owned (for now) by the reigning champion and six time finalist.
Geez please VWFAN donīt be ridiculous, throwing here a 2001/2002 result, when 5 years later all of them are different players. Venus is not dominating as she was and Henin is a better player.
Venus is not as clear cut to win this year, as for example Henin was for Roland Garros. Players like Svetlana, Amelie, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova probably will have something to say.
Outsiders like Vaidisiova, Petrova, Dementieva, even Hingis on a good day could give Venus fits.
Its really open this year.

msharafan
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:11 PM
no she wont! no she got her little RG title now its maria's turn!

MisterMan
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
If she does win she'll be kicking herself over not be able to go for a *year* Grand Slam after her AO catastrophe.

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Geez please VWFAN donīt be ridiculous, throwing here a 2001/2002 result, when 5 years later all of them are different players. Venus is not dominating as she was and Henin is a better player.
Venus is not as clear cut to win this year, as for example Henin was for Roland Garros. Players like Svetlana, Amelie, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova probably will have something to say.
Outsiders like Vaidisiova, Petrova, Dementieva, even Hingis on a good day could give Venus fits.
Its really open this year.excuse me, this from the person whose favorite put down is Venus' 6-1,6-1 loss to Hingis in '01! :lol: be serious. I brought up the result because it was the one time that Henin made the final of Wimbledon, which was being offered as a testament to her grasscourt credentials.

and no matter what has happened in their careers in the past several years, Venus remains a better grasscourt player than Henin. period. not a stretch, just the truth!

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
no she wont! no she got her little RG title now its maria's turn!It would be great to see her in the finals, but it will mean that she has avoided Venus until then. . .and well let's just hope she's worked on changing her racket from right to left a little more so that she is not 0-5 when Venus starts to put the beat down on her.

honestly though, i hope that tey're on opposite sides of the draw and both get to the finals. talk about a great match! breakfast at Wimbledon! :cool:

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Geez, why does every thread have to turn out to be a Williams vs Henin and who is better?

Yes Henin has a shot. But Venus is to grass as water is to the ocean...they belong together:) But for sure Henin has as good a shot as all those players that are not Venus and Linds.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:24 PM
This newbie has some balls huh!Anyways, I do think Justine has a great shot at this title. She looked sharp during Roland Garros!

Yes I have balls, I am a guy afterall. But seriously, it's not a ballsy statement. IMO Justine has the best chance out of the usual contenders of winning Wimbledon this year.
In otherwords, if by the craziest chance, Justine doesn't win, it will be a newcomer who does.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM
no she wont! no she got her little RG title now its maria's turn!

LOL Maria's turn has come and gone, where have you been?

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
If she does win she'll be kicking herself over not be able to go for a *year* Grand Slam after her AO catastrophe.

Nope, she will be happy that she retired so that she didn't injure herself and prevent her from winning both RG and Wimbledon.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM
excuse me, this from the person whose favorite put down is Venus' 6-1,6-1 loss to Hingis in '01! :lol: be serious. I brought up the result because it was the one time that Henin made the final of Wimbledon, which was being offered as a testament to her grasscourt credentials.

and no matter what has happened in their careers in the past several years, Venus remains a better grasscourt player than Henin. period. not a stretch, just the truth!
Whoīs saying she is not?
The point is that these two players have not met in 4 years, and since 2003 its WAY obvious who the better player has been, and even this year.
Henin in 2001 takes a set off Venus who was clearly the best player on the tour, i would really think that Heninīs chances against Venus are WAY better now, pretty much related to the progress as a player that Henin has done since 2003.

Once again its ridiculous to say Venus won in 2001, so then she will win in 2006.
There are MANY players that can take out Venus this year, and i bet she wonīt repeat as champion, unless she has a favorable draw like last year, and really comes up with great matches like she did in the last two rounds.

And not VWFAN i donīt like to say a result for the present will be a product of something what happened 4/5 years ago. :rolleyes:

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Geez, why does every thread have to turn out to be a Williams vs Henin and who is better?

Yes Henin has a shot. But Venus is to grass as water is to the ocean...they belong together:) But for sure Henin has as good a shot as all those players that are not Venus and Linds.\

Well Venus' record on grass is certainly better than Justine's but her form, lack of match play, and seemingly lack of confidence tilt the odds in Justine's favour IMO.
If they meet it will most likely be before the final though... too bad for Venus.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
It would be great to see her in the finals, but it will mean that she has avoided Venus until then. . .and well let's just hope she's worked on changing her racket from right to left a little more so that she is not 0-5 when Venus starts to put the beat down on her.

honestly though, i hope that tey're on opposite sides of the draw and both get to the finals. talk about a great match! breakfast at Wimbledon! :cool:
:lol: Keep wishing, like you have done at the yearīs first two slams.
On a flashnews for you Venus has 0 titles in 2006 :lol: you go figure. And since 2003 Henin owns a 5>1 lead in GS won than Venus.
Venus is the player to beat, but she is not head and shoulders ahead of the rest. Only time will tell
:wavey:

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
SpencerCarlos

how people measure up to each other on the courts can only be measured in terms of one thing: their head to heads.

federer is considered the "complete player" and "best on the men's tour," but nadal owns him! and not just on clay. and blake is looking like he is close to owning nadal, but has never beaten federer. go figure.

for now, venus owns henin. no matter how many slams henin wins, no matter who else she beats, their h2hs prove that venus owns henin. and if they meet at wimbledon, i am fairly certain that the h2h would be 8-1 in favor of venus.

and on another note: i am simply stating the obvious, if the woman who has been in 5 out of the last six finals of Wimbledon and is the reigning champion is not the clear favorite, i am not sure what it takes to be a favorite.

and finally, she did not have a great draw. she was supposed to face henin in the QF had henin gotten there (but then we know what happened there); she beat the RG RUP, the#2 and #1 player in the world to get the win. If that's a favorable draw, again what is an unfavorable draw?

turt
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
for now, venus owns henin. no matter how many slams henin wins, no matter who else she beats, their h2hs prove that venus owns henin. and if they meet at wimbledon, i am fairly certain that the h2h would be 8-1 in favor of venus.
H2H Lindsay vs Justine till before AO 2003: Lindsay leads 5-0
H2H Lindsay vs Justine from AO 2003: Justine leads 5-0

Enough said! Based on this, I'm fairly certain that, had Justine and Venus played each other in the last 3.5 years, Justine would have reversed the H2H just like she did with Lindsay during the same timespan! :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
SpencerCarlos

how people measure up to each other on the courts can only be measured in terms of one thing: their head to heads.

federer is considered the "complete player" and "best on the men's tour," but nadal owns him! and not just on clay. and blake is looking like he is close to owning nadal, but has never beaten federer. go figure.

and on another note: i am simply stating the obvious, if the woman who has been in 5 out of the last six finals of Wimbledon and is the reigning champion is not the clear favorite, i am not sure what it takes to be a favorite.

and finally, she did not have a great draw. she was supposed to face henin in the QF had henin gotten there (but then we know what happened there); she beat the RG RUP, the#2 and #1 player in the world to get the win. If that's a favorable draw, again what is an unfavorable draw?
She only beat two great players on grass as Sharapova and Lindsay are, everything else was just a walk in the park. Pierce is not a threat on grass by any means.

Head to head is sometimes is an overrated especially when players have not faced for 4 years, anything can happen, once again since 2003 Henin has been WAY a better player than Venus period. Accept that.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:17 PM

Enough said! Based on this, I'm fairly certain that, had Justine and Venus played each other in the last 3.5 years, Justine would have reversed the H2H just like she did with Lindsay during the same timespan! :rolleyes:

In total concurrence.

Dunlop1
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
She only beat two great players on grass as Sharapova and Lindsay are, everything else was just a walk in the park. Pierce is not a threat on grass by any means.

Head to head is sometimes is an overrated especially when players have not faced for 4 years, anything can happen, once again since 2003 Henin has been WAY a better player than Venus period. Accept that.

Well put.

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Enough said! Based on this, I'm fairly certain that, had Justine and Venus played each other in the last 3.5 years, Justine would have reversed the H2H just like she did with Lindsay during the same timespan! :rolleyes:I'm glad that you are fairly certain. Good.

But for now, Venus leads h2hs 7-1. Ok?

And Venus is not Lindsay. It is useless to bring Lindsay into this. The new improved Justine has to beat Venus, not Lindsay.

And you can't really be serious that Venus at her best is going to lose to Henin at her best. Can you? You're not saying that, right?! You're just saying that Henin can beat a struggling Venus. and honestly that's not saying much since a few have gotten a cheap win off of Venus since her ab injury.

IceHock
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
who wants tobet vcash???i bet she doesnt win

turt
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I'm glad that you are fairly certain. Good.

But for now, Venus leads h2hs 7-1. Ok?

And Venus is not Lindsay. It is useless to bring Lindsay into this. The new improved Justine has to beat Venus, not Lindsay.

And you can't really be serious that Venus at her best is going to lose to Henin at her best. Can you? You're not saying that, right?! You're just saying that Henin can beat a struggling Venus. and honestly that's not saying much since a few have gotten a cheap win off of Venus since her ab injury.
What are you trying to prove?

If you want to live in "lala land" where Venus has won all the Grand Slams from 2003 till now, please do so and give us a rest! But last time I checked, we're not in "lala land" and Justine has proved many times to be a better player than Venus in the post-2003 period.

I don't care if you want to live in your fantasy world where Justine can't even take a point facing Venus, but in real world, I think nobody would be willing to bet all their personal possessions on Venus beating Justine!

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:40 PM
She only beat two great players on grass as Sharapova and Lindsay are, everything else was just a walk in the park. Pierce is not a threat on grass by any means. Ok. She just beat the two other players that were considered heavy favorites for the title. C'mon now. Who else did she need to beat, except the reigning champ and the current #1 and former Champ. They were the only other two players in the draw who had ever won the title. so. . .if they are insufficient, then :rolleyes:

Again, Henin has been very successful since both Venus and Serena were both seriously injured in 2003. Both have had less that stellar results since returning from injury, but both have also tasted slam glory.

And my point remains the same:

1. Venus owns Henin, leading h2h 7-1
2. Venus at her best beats Henin at her best every time and every surface.

So, if Henin wants to ever even out the h2hs, she better hope that Venus continues to play below her best--that way, I agree she has a chance.

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM
What are you trying to prove?

If you want to live in "lala land" where Venus has won all the Grand Slams from 2003 till now, please do so and give us a rest! But last time I checked, we're not in "lala land" and Justine has proved many times to be a better player than Venus in the post-2003 period.

I don't care if you want to live in your fantasy world where Justine can't even take a point facing Venus, but in real world, I think nobody would be willing to bet all their personal possessions on Venus beating Justine!I'm not trying to prove anything. The facts speak for themselves. You're the one in lala land. Venus owns Justine and Venus at her best is better than Justine at her best. It doesn't matter who else Justine beats from now to the end of her career. Those two facts are fairly indisputable.

If you want to ignore the history of these players, do so. But there is a famous saying about people who don't learn from history. . .

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Ok. She just beat the two other players that were considered heavy favorites for the title. C'mon now. Who else did she need to beat, except the reigning champ and the current #1 and former Champ. They were the only other two players in the draw who had ever won the title. so. . .if they are insufficient, then :rolleyes:

Again, Henin has been very successful since both Venus and Serena were both seriously injured in 2003. Both have had less that stellar results since returning from injury, but both have also tasted slam glory.

And my point remains the same:

1. Venus owns Henin, leading h2h 7-1
2. Venus at her best beats Henin at her best every time and every surface.

So, if Henin wants to ever even out the h2hs, she better hope that Venus continues to play below her best--that way, I agree she has a chance.
1)Point number one sure taken, a fact.
2)Point number two a wishful thinking, and :lol: @every surface how ridiculous.

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
1)Point number one sure taken, a fact.
2)Point number two a wishful thinking, and :lol: @every surface how ridiculous.well, she has beaten her on every surface! right?!

oh yeah, not the new and improved henin. the one that eats wheaties. :lol:

vertigo
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
No

turt
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:54 PM
But there is a famous saying about people who don't learn from history. . .
Yeah, exactly!

Haven't you learned yet that Justine always proves the haters wrong?

Justine will never win a slam? whoops she does so!
Justine's slam was a hold up (hand up lol) and she will never win one again? whoops she wins the US Open, on a surface everyone agreed she was no better than top 20 player!
AO 2006 has proven that Justine is lost for tennis and will never ever win another slam? Whoops who won RG 2006?

There are countless examples of this! So who's living in lala land?

vejh
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Time will tell?lol

And I do have a prob with the "at their best" argument. It is, simply put, one of the lamest argument ever invented in tennis.

Someone said, on another board, that Serena at her best would be the best on grass beating Linds and Venus. But my beef is, who has gotten to 5 wimby finals in 6 years, and who is runner up getting to 3 finals in 7 yrs? Not Serena.
Five years from now, it's not going to be speculation about who is the best, at their best etc. Five years from now, they will see who won Wimby how many times, and what their record was like, not hypotheticals.

Likewise, in 2 mths, God's willing, we will see who wins Wimby :) we will see who can deliver the goods when the moment calls for it.

sfselesfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM
It would take a miracle for Justine to win Wimbledon. She has only EVER had two top ten wins at Wimbledon. (1) She defeated #4 Jennifer Capriati in the SF in 2001. (2) She defeated #4 Monica Seles in the QF in 2002. Other than that she beat #14 Dementieva in two tiebreaks in 4R 2002. That's it for Justine's big grass court wins! And what great grass court players those three are :rolleyes:

She would basically have to play road kill players at the end of the draw to pull out a win. She does not match up well against the top players on grass. The following are some of the players that I think have a superior game on grass:

Venus - V has the serve and the net on Justine. Justine doesn't have time to deal with Venus' power on grass. Venus also moves too well on this surface. Venus' net game has never been better than it was at Roland Garros (over 70% at net for the whole tournament).

Lindsay - If she plays, she dominates on this surface. Lindsay doesn't even need to move well at Wimbledon, her shots were made to glide off the grass. Again, Justine doesn't have enough time to set up her shots against Lindsay on grass.

Mauresmo - If Amelie is playing well, she's the more consistent grass court player. This surface really allows Amelie to show off her all court abilities. She's made it to the semis the last three times she played Wimbledon.

Sharapova - Will probably be in form after playing the tuneup. We'll have to see how her ankle holds up. If she's healthy, she has the game to blow past Justine on this surface. She moves well on this surface, and opponents don't get a lot to work with from her shots.

Clijsters - Her shorter backswing, and superior legs make her a more capable grass court player than her compatriot. If the draw works out Kim could get her revenge.

Hingis - Really about on-par with Henin on grass. I'd call this even.

Lesser players who really threaten Henin on grass: Vaidisova, Safina, Hantuchova, Ivanovic, Peer, Sprem, and Danilidou

SF

vwfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, exactly!

Haven't you learned yet that Justine always proves the haters wrong?

Justine will never win a slam? whoops she does so!
Justine's slam was a hold up (hand up lol) and she will never win one again? whoops she wins the US Open, on a surface everyone agreed she was no better than top 20 player!
AO 2006 has proven that Justine is lost for tennis and will never ever win another slam? Whoops who won RG 2006?

There are countless examples of this! So who's living in lala land?ok, little teddie bear. justine has been sooooo under-rated!

is the hurt all better now? :lol:

The Daviator
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:lol: at all the people dismissing her just because she lost in R1 last year, can you not remember her other results at Wimbledon? :scratch:

2 semis and a final, only beaten by a peak Venus and a peak Serena, of course she has a shot...

Stingray
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:58 PM
At the end of the day, Henin hasn't shown anything spectacular on grass for a long time (admittedly her virus affected her). Whereas Venus holds probably the best grasscourt record of any active player (6 finals, 3 wins). Henin is a great player and probably capable of winning Wimbledon, but hasn't shown anything recently to suggest this (don't say winning RG because we know how last year turned out).

Apoleb
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Whoīs saying she is not?
The point is that these two players have not met in 4 years, and since 2003 its WAY obvious who the better player has been, and even this year.
Henin in 2001 takes a set off Venus who was clearly the best player on the tour, i would really think that Heninīs chances against Venus are WAY better now, pretty much related to the progress as a player that Henin has done since 2003.

Once again its ridiculous to say Venus won in 2001, so then she will win in 2006.
There are MANY players that can take out Venus this year, and i bet she wonīt repeat as champion, unless she has a favorable draw like last year, and really comes up with great matches like she did in the last two rounds.

And not VWFAN i donīt like to say a result for the present will be a product of something what happened 4/5 years ago. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you.

Henin is one of the most improved players on tour, and Henin 2002 has got nothing on Henin 2006. She became a much more aggressive player, and her forehand improved trumendusly. Was Justine hitting those return winners back in 2002? And then she made very big improvements with her serve, which is barely attackable now, even the 2nd serve.

Venus obviously is a bit far from her peak now, so if they meet in Wimbledom, it's going to be very interesting, and I would certainly not rule Justine out. If she can beat Maria and Lindsey on a fast court, then she certainly can handle Venus.

spencercarlos
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:10 PM
well, she has beaten her on every surface! right?!

oh yeah, not the new and improved henin. the one that eats wheaties. :lol:
Donīt be stupid you should know there is a point where a playerīs carreer turns around and head to heads turn around too.
Venus for example before 2000 had mediocre records vs Hingis and Davenport and she turned it around.. coincidence when she started to win grand slams.
Once Serena started to win slams consistently she turned head to head against everybody too, that includes Venus.
A NO Venus has never beaten Henin on RED clay :kiss:
And this is before 2003 :lol:

sfselesfan
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
2 semis and a final, only beaten by a peak Venus and a peak Serena, of course she has a shot...

Her ONLY top 10 wins at Wimbledon:

d. (4) Capriati in 2001 SF
d. (4) Seles in 2002 QF

Her ONLY top 20 wins at Wimbledon

d. (20) Martinez in 2001 Qf
d. (14) Dementieva in 2002 4R

And what grass court specialists these players are :rolleyes:

Of all these players, the only one who could be considered formidable at the time was Capriati. That said, Capriati is NOT a grass court specialist. The weakest parts of her game are her serve and her volley.

SF

Leo_DFP
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Not a chance. Henin won't get away with that mediocre tennis at Wimbledon like she did at the French. Many players will be able to overpower Justine and she's still not the fast court player she was in 2003... she's much more vulnerable now.

PLP
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Honestly, In the last few rds @ RG I felt that Justine looked almost unbeatable, it was scary. Her game should work just as well on grass, but mentally I am not sure if she totally believes in herself on the surface, unlike clay. This is the most wide open Wimbledon in quite sometime, IMO, but if everything is working for Justine she is going to be very hard to beat, even for Venus, unless Vee can keep a very good winner/error ratio but in big matches she hasn't been able to do this lately & Justine has>P

shap_half
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I'm in love with this thread. :)

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:48 AM
ok, little teddie bear. justine has been sooooo under-rated!

is the hurt all better now? :lol:

STFU :shout:

You are getting more boring than you were in the past. Jeesh, you are so aggressive. I can imagine you sitting at your computer BASHING away at the keyboard with so much anger in you! :haha: :haha: :retard:

The Daviator
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:51 AM

d. (4) Seles in 2002 QF

Of all these players, the only one who could be considered formidable at the time was Capriati. That said, Capriati is NOT a grass court specialist. The weakest parts of her game are her serve and her volley.

SF

You only play top 10 players at the end of the tournament, since she's only made three good runs, she's hardly going to have 20 top 10 wins :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Can you imagine VWFan if Venus loses at Wimbledon?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

BTW, Justine WILL NOT WIN WIMBLEDON :shout: :p

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Donīt be stupid you should know there is a point where a playerīs carreer turns around and head to heads turn around too.
Venus for example before 2000 had mediocre records vs Hingis and Davenport and she turned it around.. coincidence when she started to win grand slams.
Once Serena started to win slams consistently she turned head to head against everybody too, that includes Venus.
A NO Venus has never beaten Henin on RED clay :kiss:
And this is before 2003 :lol:You shouldn't be stupid! You really are among the sillest posters on the board.

You can only surmise whether the "new and improved Henin" is finally good enough to beat even a mediocre Venus. You don't know. Venus beat a player twice this year who also beat Henin this year on "red" clay. By your warped logic that means that Venus would beat Henin too! :p

Anyway, too funny. Venus has never beaten Henin on "red" clay--really desperate now here. :lol:

Some players never turn a h2h around. That's possible, too!

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:53 AM
You only play top 10 players at the end of the tournament, since she's only made three good runs, she's hardly going to have 20 top 10 wins :rolleyes:

:yeah:

Ah but YOU know about tennis, the poster YOU are replying to doesn't :rolleyes: , that's why the poster you replied to wrote that stupid piece of information. :rolleyes:

switz
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:55 AM
If Henin gets deep into the tournament she'll be right in there with a chance to win. If she draws someone who is comfortable on grass or powerful player like Ivanovic etc early it could be tough for her.

I'd still have my dollars on Venus if i were stupid enough to bet on silly women's tennis. I think she had a nice warm up on the clay and will be hitting her straps in the second week last year. In that event Henin has little chance against her on grass. Only an unbelievably in form Sharapova or not injured Davenport do really.

The Daviator
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:56 AM

Ah but YOU know about tennis, the poster YOU are replying to doesn't :rolleyes: , that's why the poster you replied to wrote that stupid piece of information. :rolleyes:

:kiss:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:57 AM
STFU :shout:

You are getting more boring than you were in the past. Jeesh, you are so aggressive. I can imagine you sitting at your computer BASHING away at the keyboard with so much anger in you! :haha: :haha: :retard:really, it seems you're the one with anger issues. (a la "STFU").

more boring than I was in the past. . .really, do you know me? :lol:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM

BTW, Justine WILL NOT WIN WIMBLEDON :shout: :pI'll be fine, but thanks for the concern. I get none of the proceeds from her check. :cool:

Callystarr
Jun 14th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Whoīs saying she is not?

Favorable draw last year? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Venus had to go thru Hantuchova, Mary Pierce, Maria Sharapova (defending champion) & Lindsay Davenport (#1 player on tour)....and she lucked out with Serena Williams being less than stellar....

There was NOTHING easy about that draw....

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:01 AM
really, it seems you're the one with anger issues. (a la "STFU").

more boring than I was in the past. . .really, do you know me? :lol:

I was saying STFU loudly and calmly ... not with anger.

I don't have to know you, I've read a lot of your posts and you are full of anger. Have you been on the ESPN boards? You'll fit in very well there ... most of them are like you! :lol:

Callystarr
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I would be shocked if Venus didn't make it to at least the Semi-Finals, the thing about Grass Courts for Venus & her errors is...she can make a lot of them, because she will have a lot of errors. With her streak she has been in every Wimbledon final since 2000 except....that is an incredible streak.

Honestly, this is her title to lose....Venus has to play poorly to lose this title..because if she plays like she can, she will not lose this title.

Leo_DFP
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Honestly, In the last few rds @ RG I felt that Justine looked almost unbeatable, it was scary.

Interesting, I had the complete opposite feeling. I felt JHH was completely beatable had she faced anyone ready to step up. She hit a ton of errors throughout the event. Clijsters and Kuznetsova both had the game to do it, but not the right strategy or execution at times. I think Vaidisova would have beaten her if she made the final.

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I was saying STFU loudly and calmly ... not with anger.

I don't have to know you, I've read a lot of your posts and you are full of anger. Have you been on the ESPN boards? You'll fit in very well there ... most of them are like you! :lol:ok. teddie bear. glad you're not angry.

usually when posters get personal, that's a sure sign. guess you're different.

mirzalover
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM
i hate justine but i would not be surpised if she won but i also would not be surpised if she lost in the 4th or quarters mainly because for all she knows she could get venus in the fourth round and then maria in the quarters, and that might be to much considering she is prone to being over powered mary last at the u.s megan this year eleni last at the big w

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:23 AM
ok. teddie bear. glad you're not angry.

usually when posters get personal, that's a sure sign. guess you're different.

Not necessarily. You may do ... but not everyone's like you are they? :confused: :retard:

Apoleb
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:55 AM

d. (4) Seles in 2002 QF

SF

yes. Because she didn't beat Kim at the finals of that Dutch tournament on grass.

Another stupid thread. Like we have any fuckin idea about who will win this tournament or if Justine will surpass Serena in the number of slams. Christ.

That said, Justine obviously has a chance in Wimbledon. She's done good there before, and on other grass tournaments. She won Hertogenbosch and reached a final there. Her previous good results on grass obviously suggest that she's more than capable on this surface. DUH. She has built a more aggressive game and that will definitely help her as opposed to the game she had in 02.

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:58 AM
You shouldn't be stupid! You really are among the sillest posters on the board.

You can only surmise whether the "new and improved Henin" is finally good enough to beat even a mediocre Venus. You don't know. Venus beat a player twice this year who also beat Henin this year on "red" clay. By your warped logic that means that Venus would beat Henin too! :p

Anyway, too funny. Venus has never beaten Henin on "red" clay--really desperate now here. :lol:

Some players never turn a h2h around. That's possible, too!
:lol: Now you think Green clay is the same as Red clay ? :lol: now that was funny :lol: :retard:

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Interesting, I had the complete opposite feeling. I felt JHH was completely beatable had she faced anyone ready to step up. She hit a ton of errors throughout the event. Clijsters and Kuznetsova both had the game to do it, but not the right strategy or execution at times. I think Vaidisova would have beaten her if she made the final.

What a poor observation.

You do know who won the 2006 French Open Championship, don't you???

It wasn't LD, 'ya know.

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:11 AM
:lol: Now you think Green clay is the same as Red clay ? :lol: now that was funny :lol: :retard:well, Henin has not beaten Venus on tall grass, short grass, uncut grass, dead grass, unfertilized grass, watered grass. . .

she has not beaten on hard courts, on rebound ace, on carpet, indoors, outdoors, in a slam, in the rain, on a boat, with a goat.

she has not beaten her, Sam I am! :lol:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:32 AM
yes. Because she didn't beat Kim at the finals of that Dutch tournament on grass.

Another stupid thread. Like we have any fuckin idea about who will win this tournament or if Justine will surpass Serena in the number of slams. Christ.

That said, Justine obviously has a chance in Wimbledon. She's done good there before, and on other grass tournaments. She won Hertogenbosch and reached a final there. Her previous good results on grass obviously suggest that she's more than capable on this surface. DUH. She has built a more aggressive game and that will definitely help her as opposed to the game she had in 02.

Try telling vwfan that? :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:35 AM
well, Henin has not beaten Venus on tall grass, short grass, uncut grass, dead grass, unfertilized grass, watered grass. . .

she has not beaten on hard courts, on rebound ace, on carpet, indoors, outdoors, in a slam, in the rain, on a boat, with a goat.

she has not beaten her, Sam I am! :lol:

Stop living in the past PLEASE!

We are in 2006 .... don't ya know that? We aren't still in 2001/2002 you know. JHH is a totally different player now (even though you've been told that a zillion times :retard: ).

Is there something wrong that you can't see what everyone else can? :retard:

Billy Moonshine
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:50 AM
She is in the mix for sure but not the favorite. Venus, Maria or Amelie have superior grass court games. Henin though can beat them all and if she finds her touch and plays great tennis she could get past them. However I don't expect her to be the Champion.
I think it'll be Maria.

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:52 AM
As I have said before in another thread, Justine will NOT win Wimbledon and as always, the bookies have her as one of the favourites :shrug: as they do in every single grand slam :shrug:

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
She is in the mix for sure but not the favorite. Venus, Maria or Amelie have superior grass court games. Henin though can beat them all and if she finds her touch and plays great tennis she could get past them. However I don't expect her to be the Champion.
I think it'll be Maria.

Hope so ... she deserves another slam!

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:10 AM

Yeah. My point exactly. In her three good runs she's only had to take out four decent players Conchita, Elena, Monica and Jennifer. Not once has she beaten a player (on grass) the likes of Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Amelie, Martina, Kim (at Wimby), or Maria.

That's why they were "good" runs for her. She didn't have decent opposition.

BTW: I'm not saying she's not a threat on grass, or a contender. I'm just saying she needs a gentle draw (kind of like she had at Roland Garros - but even easier at Wimbledon).

Venus beat three top ten players for her first Championships title.

SF

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:23 AM

We are in 2006 .... don't ya know that? We aren't still in 2001/2002 you know. JHH is a totally different player now (even though you've been told that a zillion times :retard: ).

Is there something wrong that you can't see what everyone else can? :retard:ok. good point. today, in the present: Venus leads h2hs 7-1. :lol:

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:26 AM

Is there something wrong that you can't see what everyone else can? :retard:

Totally different player now?!? Huh?

Oh yeah...she became a big fat CHEATER in 2003! I forgot about that...

SF

vejh
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Totally different player now?!? Huh?

Oh yeah...she became a big fat CHEATER in 2003! I forgot about that...

SF

Somehow looses its effect the more its used. It has no meaning anymore. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't sting, its just funny.

Apoleb
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I don't see why people think that Amelie has a much more superior game on grass than Henin.

I think Henin's ground strokes are much better for grass than Amelie's. Henin can flatten the ball a lot more than Amelie, especially on her backhand, and that is a good advantage on grass. She also can flatten her forehand (ofcourse way less than her backhand), but still it's a better shot on grass than Amelie's floating forehand. Her swings are also shorter than those of Amelie's and that is another major advantage for her.

Plus, Henin is a much more aggressive player from the baseline, and she has developped in the last 2 years quite an aggressive game that she can resort to when she needs it. She hits now quite a lot of return winners.

The only thing that goes in Amelie's favor is net play. Even though Justine is one of the best volleyers on the tour, Amelie is much more physically bigger and has better net coverage.

BTW, did Amelie ever beat one of the top grass players? As far as I know, she never beat Serena, Venus, Davenport, Maria..etc. Even though she came close to defeating Davenport and Serena, I think both of them were far from playing at their best.

Hots4Safin
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I really hope the Vee/JHH match happens at this tournament. It's time to silence these "post 03 Justine" people once and for all.

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Somehow looses its effect the more its used. It has no meaning anymore. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't sting, its just funny.

Not meant to hurt or sting. Just history.

SF

partbrit
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Now that JHH appears to have her serve back (finally), I expect her to do fairly well at Wimbledon. I really have no idea who is going to win. Lindsay looks iffy to even show up, and Serena won't be there. Clijsters looked really sluggish (for her) at the FO, but I think on grass she won't be so afraid to move a lot like she seemed to be on clay.

I like Amelie for it, but wonder is she is feeling demoralized after the FO. I'm thinking Venus or Maria, but JHH has a shot, for sure.

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM

I know :haha: :haha: :haha:

He thinks it has an affect still.

Nope ... the only thing that has an effect is 5 GRAND SLAMS!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Williams Rulez
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:25 AM

:woohoo: :woohoo:effect

Craigy
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I really wouldn't be shocked if she did win Wimbledon :shrug:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:18 PM

BTW, Justine WILL NOT WIN WIMBLEDON :shout: :pThe question is what will you do if she wins?! :lol:

Especially, if Venus puts the beatdown on poor under-rated Justine in the process. Afterall, she's improved so much. ;)

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:39 PM
The question is what will you do if she wins?! :lol:

Especially, if Venus puts the beatdown on poor under-rated Justine in the process. Afterall, she's improved so much. ;)
A sarcastic idiotic comment as usual.
Henin right now is the best player in the world.. period. And has won GS titles since 2003, 4 years in a row winning a GS at least ,sorry dear but Venus canīt say the same, she lacks consistency :lol:

To assume she has not improved is :retard:

She better win Wimbledon, otherwise she will go slamless for another year :lol:

smiler
Jun 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Well I can only hope that she doesn't win it, but I hope she doesn't go out in the first round again either.

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:31 PM

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Still seems to get a strong response out of you EVERY time!

SF

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
A sarcastic idiotic comment as usual.
Henin right now is the best player in the world.. period. And has won GS titles since 2003, 4 years in a row winning a GS at least ,sorry dear but Venus canīt say the same, she lacks consistency :lol:

To assume she has not improved is :retard:

She better win Wimbledon, otherwise she will go slamless for another year :lol:ok. Justine is the best player in the world, but she is owned by the 13th player in the world.

Justine is very much improved, while Venus is strugging for consistency. Yet, she is owned by the far inferior and inconsistent Venus.

Justine is a serious contender fo the Wimbedon title, yet she has lost in the first round twice in the five years in that she played.

Justine's one handed slice bh is far superior to Venus power dtl bh; Justine's very stable fh will outslug Venus' in a fh to fh exhange; and Justine's on court movement makes Venus look like a turtle in a comparison. :tape:

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
ok. Justine is the best player in the world, but she is owned by the 13th player in the world.

Justine is very much improved, while Venus is strugging for consistency. Yet, she is owned by the far inferior and inconsistent Venus.

Justine is a serious contender fo the Wimbedon title, yet she has lost in the first round twice in the five years in that she played.

Justine's one handed slice bh is far superior to Venus power dtl bh; Justine's very stable fh will outslug Venus' in a fh to fh exhange; and Justine's on court movement makes Venus look like a turtle in a comparison. :tape:

Idiot.... Use the word Owned, that fits better. January 2003 the last time they played :lol: :retard: months before Justine turned head to heads and started to wins Slams...
I think it would be idiotic to think Henin > Venus on grass :retard: I guess thatīs the point you are trying to prove.
Plus you forget that Venus played Henin mostly during her peak period, not too many players owned Venus during that time, except Serena.

Once again Henin has had better results in 5 Wimbledons than Venus at 10 Roland Garros :lol: and the girl has won 5 GS out of 6 finals reached since 2003, while the "soon to win Wimbledon 2006" Venus has won 1 out of 3. Deal with that...

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM
ok. Justine is the best player in the world, but she is owned by the 13th player in the world.

Sometimes that can happen.
Federer was owned by Nadal in 2005 and 2006... but who the best player without any doubt at this point? :retard:

Venus beat Capriati 3 times in 2001, but who ended as the player of the year? :lol:
Deal with that hon.

Infiniti2001
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
vwfan, I'm very disappointed that you are caught arguing with this poster
who seems to have all the time in the world to follow in detail a player he constantly puts down. :banghead: :banghead: ::smash: :smash: Let it go my friend, you are way too intelligent for that :kiss: :wavey:

sfselesfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Idiot....
Once again Henin has had better results in 5 Wimbledons than Venus at 10 Roland Garros :lol:

You keep mentioning this irrellevant point. This is a thread with the premise that Henin WILL WIN Wimbledon. This is not a thread about comparing players overall. Yet you consistently try to use this opinion as a basis for arguing that Henin will take the Wimbledon title. I don't see how this is relevant in the slightest.

SF

spencercarlos
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM
You keep mentioning this irrellevant point. This is a thread with the premise that Henin WILL WIN Wimbledon. This is not a thread about comparing players overall. Yet you consistently try to use this opinion as a basis for arguing that Henin will take the Wimbledon title. I don't see how this is relevant in the slightest.

SF
He said that Venus was closer to win Roland Garros than Henin to Wimbledon.. something i showed him to be wrong, with facts in hand... but oh well :rolleyes:

Allez-H
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:17 PM

You should post this in my thread :D

pigam
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
You should post this in my thread :D
Please go to your own thread.
You're such a cheater. Like player like fan!

PG

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:40 PM
vwfan, I'm very disappointed that you are caught arguing with this poster
who seems to have all the time in the world to follow in detail a player he constantly puts down. :banghead: :banghead: ::smash: :smash: Let it go my friend, you are way too intelligent for that :kiss: :wavey:I just can't resist making SC so annoyed he had to resort to calling me an idiot, stupid, just because he can't deliver a winning argument. :lol:

Look at the result: I think it would be idiotic to think Henin > Venus on grass
At least we finally agree on something! :lol:

Allez-H
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Please go to your own thread.
You're such a cheater. Like player like fan!

PG

Talk to the hand :wavey:

A-Hē

pigam
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Talk to the hand :wavey:

A-Hē
I will, cuz the face and the boobless torso sure aint worth it.

PG

Justine Fan
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I will, cuz the face and the boobless torso sure aint worth it.

PG

Too right! :haha: :haha:

And Allez-H2 ....... Do you think she will pull out in the first round against a WC with a stomach ache? ;)

Allez-H
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I demand that those two last posts will be posted in MY thread

Me,me,me, ... Boy this sounds familiar

FrenchY52
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:48 PM
No, she will NOT

mirzalover
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Man this thread got personal. i love it

pigam
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I demand that those two last posts will be posted in MY thread

Me,me,me, ... Boy this sounds familiar
does SISI sound familiar too?

VRee_Willario
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Justine on voittamaton... jos muut huippupelaajat ovat sairaalassa
Venus on Wimbledon-voittaja.
Venus will win!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM
vwfan you tell em!

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:31 PM
She better win Wimbledon, otherwise she will go slamless for another year Venus has the best results among all active players at the U.S. Open.

Best four results: W,W, F, F

Next S. Williams: W, W, F, SF

oh and just for fun, Henin: W, 4th round, 4th round, 4th round (oops and there goes another 1st round exit if you go further.

Kimmie, did you say?: W, F, QF, 4th round

ok, if you insist, Maria: SF, 3rd round, 2nd round

ok, let's go down memory lane, Hingis: W, F, F, SF

and my second fav, Davie: W, F, SF, SF

Perhaps, then she has a shot at another, if Wimbledon doesn't work out! :lol:

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Venus has the best results among all active players at the U.S. Open.

oh and just for fun, Henin: W, 4th round, 4th round, 4th round (oops and there goes another 1st round exit if you go further.

Clijsters, did you say: W, F, QF, 4th round

Perhaps, then she has a shot at another, if Wimbledon doesn't work out! :lol: enough with the fighting its not gonna do anyone any good! We will have to wait for wimbledon! :fiery: I Hate Waiting :mad:

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:36 PM
enough with the fighting its not gonna do anyone any good! We will have to wait for wimbledon! :fiery: I Hate Waiting :mad:ok. you're right. i'm just bored and SC is such an easy target. :devil:

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
ok. you're right. i'm just bored and SC is such an easy target. :devil: :lol: :)

Ryan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Venus has the best results among all active players at the U.S. Open.

Kimmie, did you say?: W, F, QF, 4th round

and my second fav, Davie: W, F, SF, SF

Perhaps, then she has a shot at another, if Wimbledon doesn't work out! :lol:

Hingis has more SF's than one! :p

96: SF
97: WIN
98: F
99: F
00: SF
01: SF

She definately has the best USOpen record behind Venus and Serena.

vwfan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Hingis has more SF's than one! :p

96: SF
97: WIN
98: F
99: F
00: SF
01: SF

She definately has the best USOpen record behind Venus and Serena.she does, but I was only including best four results. for most players, it just gets plain ridiculous to continue.

magassi
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I don't think she'll win here... but stranger things have happened...