PDA

View Full Version : Best way to send 1.3gb of photos?

Kenny
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Torrent? Upload site? I've got to send 1.3gb zip file of family photos to my sister.. what's the best way guys? I can't think.. I mean I've tried g-mail, torrent, megaupload but I just want to send it in one big zip. HELP. :fiery::sad:

Thanks!

Martian Stacey
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:38 AM
I doubt you'd be able to find a site that would let you upload that much for free. And its too large to send by email, most email providers wouldn't accept an attachment that big.

You said you already tried torrent? I would have thought that might have worked.

Kenny
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I wasn't sure how to do it.. I mean I clicked create torrent on BitComet and it gave me a torrent file.. I sent that torrent file to her to open and she did.. but it didn't work.. I mean like the computers didn't connect and no data was being transferred.

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:47 AM
How about putting it on a DVD and sending it snail mail?

Wigglytuff
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:48 AM
dvd

Pheobo
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:06 AM
That's a lot of photos. Nobody is ever going to look at all of them...the best decision would be not to bother.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:54 AM
You can try sending it over MSN but it would take a hell of a time I think.

controlfreak
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM
lol, you know when you glance over the page and misread part of a thread title?

well this one, my brain decided to interpret as "how to send 1.3gb of potatoes"

Kenny
Jul 4th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Thanks everyone. I just split it in two and uploaded it on some site.. she downloaded it or tried to anyway.

The DVD option wasn't really one because I don't have a DVD burner.. will have one on my laptop when I buy it though so for now I'll just have to wait! :)

Again, thanks everyone for their replies. I know this was a while ago.