PDA

View Full Version : Pironkova, a real prospect for the future???

Viktymise
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Is Tsveti a future top 10 possibility, i know she needs to improve her serve alot and get more variety but she hits the ball a ton and coming into the grasscourt season i think her game can excel in the coming week and i think she could pull off an upset or 2 at Wimbledon, she has shown she has the nerves and mental fortitude i mean anyone who is playing their 1st ever slam main draw match and can beat Vee 9-7 in the 3rd no matter how bad vee is playing is something special, so is she a potential star, anyone care to give an indepth breakdown of her game as i dnt know it all that well but im beginning to love her lots not as much as Vee or LenaD granted and i think she has great potential

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I don't think she'll ever be Top 10. I think the highest she'll ever get is 24.

UDACHi
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Tzveti has a great game. How far it will take her, I can't say.

NyCPsU
i dont think so

Viktymise
I don't think she'll ever be Top 10. I think the highest she'll ever get is 24.
Wow pretty precise with 24 u must be very sure or Phsycic :)

Derek.
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Nope, her game is just very average imo. :shrug: She can be top 30 maybe, but not top 10.

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Wow pretty precise with 24 u must be very sure or Phsycic :)

:lol:

Nah. I just kinda picked a random number between 21-30.

Corswandt
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Let's see.

Unconventional serve, huge yet reliable groundstrokes off both sides, superb return of serve, poor mobility and footwork, no shot variety whatsoever. Lacking in aggressiveness, but that can be worked on.

Solid top 40, but probably no more.

RJWCapriati
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:58 PM
No

blumaroo
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:01 AM
No. Top 30-50 player if she maximizes her potential.
Weak serve, no variety at all. She does hit hard but she never goes for the lines. Just hitting the ball back with pace until opponent makes an error. That won't get you into the top 20 let alone top 10.

pcrtennis
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I really dont think shes that great...she had a very good day and venus had a very bad day and she got a bit lucky...thats really her only outstanding result...she's solid though.

eck
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Her match against Venus, I was there, and probably because I couldn't see the stats, but while Venus was drowning herself with those huge amounts of Unforced Errors, Pironkova played more aggresive and she kept hitting passing shots. She needs to be stronger, her groundies are solid, but building up in strength gets you a long way.

Alec
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
She can be ranked 15-25

Gowza
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:49 AM
the only match i've seen is the venus match and i can't remember much. but she didn't impress me that much, her groundie didn't look that big, they were solid but they didn't look massive or anything, and she didn't hit cloes enough to the lines.

pcrtennis
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Her match against Venus, I was there, and probably because I couldn't see the stats, but while Venus was drowning herself with those huge amounts of Unforced Errors, Pironkova played more aggresive and she kept hitting passing shots. She needs to be stronger, her groundies are solid, but building up in strength gets you a long way.

She passed Venus alot becuase Venus was always coming in on really bad shots...she made Pironkova look even better...

I think she'll be top 50 for sure, but probably not too much farther...

crazillo
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Tzevti has got a good game, but her serve needs to be improved a lot. I love her backhand.

She is now working on getting a good volley it seems, entering more doubles events.

I don't think her movement is that poor, really.

I think if she improves those parts I already mentioned she can be top-20, but top-10 probably not. She doesn't have the potential of Sesil...

xXSarajevoXx
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:14 AM
No.!

Jakeev
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Seems like her claim to fame this year was beating Venus in Australia and that is about it for 2006.

I don't think she has gotten out of the round of 16 in any tournament this year and so it just seems that for the moment she is in a lull while still trying to find her way.

For now I am just unsure about her prospects til we see more consistent results.

Hachiko
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Top 20 at the highest.

Viktymise
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Well today she has just shown us immense prospect winning a brill match hitting 3 times as many winners to UE against a top 20 player who was even hitting more winners than errors, top 10 material definatley now not just a one win wonder im becoming such a bigger fan now :)

Ballbasher
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM
She's still 18 so still time to improve,I think Top20 are possible,unsure about Top10 ;)

Babolatpro880
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM
She's not "top ten material definitely now" just because she beat Groenefeld on grass.

She's a watered-down version of Elena Dementieva, and that's not enough to make it to the top ten. Top 30, maybe.

Hantu515
Jun 27th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Top 10 - no way
Top 20 - pushing it
I believe she will get into the twenties for a little bit but for the most part she will probably hang out in the 30-50 range