PDA

View Full Version : Believe in yourself...

CanadianBoy21
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I've been running for three years.
This year I found a hill, and it's a hill alright. I've never seen anything steeper in my life, and when you reach the top, u can see the whole city and then some. It takes an hour or so to get to the eventual top. So it's tough.
I walked it once, but never believed I could run it. I kept thinking it's only for marathoners and really good runners.
It's extremely intimidating. Today, I got a spontaneous burst of confidence, to attempt it. I didn't want to leave the city and not having even attempted it.
And I did it :bounce: :D I feel like I climbed a mountain. And it's all because I gave it all and believed in myself.
I feel like I've developed in one day into a whole another person.
So, you should go for it if you truly want it, and you will see you can do it.
And even if you think you can't, it really is worht a try, because you'll have regrets afterwards. You can't turn the clock back, so make sure you do waht you can until you can.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM
impressive :bounce:

Congrats, how long did you run..

I'm a runner also..

marmite1
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:48 PM
:) Wow thats pretty inspiring. I've not run for a while now. I've been planning on getting back into it. Stories like that definitely give me encouragement.

Freakan
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:22 PM
You seem to be a great & inspiring guy! :yeah: :)

new-york
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM
ooo yeah.

TF Chipmunk
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Is this a metaphorical hill you're talking about? If so, do enlighten us :)

bionic71
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:58 AM
That hill sounds familiar.;)
Once you reach the summit it is indeed breathtaking....but then....upon refelection....you wonder why it took you so long to attempt the climb in the first place.:kiss:
Well done doll.

controlfreak
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I guess you could say I feel a bit like a 0-0 draw right now - I don't really have any goals. :shrug: At least nothing as tangible as running up a hill.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Awesome! :yeah:

MisterQ
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:37 AM
congrats!

I hit a volley today and sort of felt that way. :lol:

meggz_star
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Good job:yeah:

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:04 AM
great post Canada boy. The worst thing you can do is not believe in yourself! look at all of our fav. pros and how many "nay sayers" there were in their career! :).

esquímaux
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:57 AM
:drool: Delicious story of triumph :drool:

ceiling_fan
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Is this a metaphorical hill you're talking about? If so, do enlighten us :)

:lol:

anyway, i didn't think things like that ever happened so thanks for sharing! it's quite inspiring