PDA

View Full Version : I served Laura Granville at work today!!!

Libertango
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM
It was a quiet Monday afternoon at work (as it is every Monday!) and I was reading behind the till, when I heard an American accent go "Excuse me?" I looked up and this very muscular, athletic lady was standing in front of me. The minute I saw her I was like OMG I know you, but at first I couldn't actually think who she was! :tape: She asked me if we sold a book called "The Celestine Prophecy" (btw I work in waterstones,a book shop) after showing her the section, I took it to the till for her.

By this time I'd totally realised who she was, but I was thinking, why the hell is Laura Granville at a Birmingham bookstore on a Monday afternoon?!?! But then of course I remembered that the DFS CLassic is on! So I decided to drum up the courage, and ask if she was a tennis player. She said yes, and when I said "is your name Laura Granville?" she seemed very pleasantly surprised that I knew! I said I was a massive fan of tennis and had seen her a few times on TV, she seemed very impressed LOL. She was so polite (even before I mentioned that I knew who she was) very friendly and cheerful (and she'd lost today! :eek: i didn't know at the time!) and was very appreciative of the help I'd given her. I said good luck for Wimbledon, she gave me a huge smile and say "Aww thanks so much" and left. It was sooooo cool!:cool: :D

By the way, she looks great in person! She is SO fit, her body is amazing, she is so toned, there's no way you can tell that on TV.

After meeting her in such an unusual way, and her being so polite and friendly, I'm bound to be a new fan now! :hearts:

Drake1980
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:29 PM
That's an awesome stroy, I love that sort of thing. She is very nice, and sweet, and cute indeed!

marmite1
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Aww thats kool :)

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:42 PM
That's neat. :D

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:43 PM
That is pretty sweet. Good for you. Laura does seem like a really nice girl.

tucker1989
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Great story! This kind of report is the very reason I come to this board :D

Laura :hearts:

auntie janie
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Makes me want to root for Laura. Thanks for sharing your story with us, glitter. :)

crazyroberto6767
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:51 PM
That's awesome! Laura was very kind when I met her in person. She's got her head on right.

bis2806
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Well I wouldn't be surprised she was at a bookstore considering she went to Stanford and is a very intellectual girl obviously :)

Monica_Rules
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:57 PM
She wasn't playing too well at Birmingham when i watched her suprised she was happy did she win?

Nice story though.:)

GracefulVenus
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:59 PM
That is fantastic!

Ceze
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:03 PM
nice story Lorenzo :D Too bad she lost today btw :sad:

ae wowww
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:20 PM
She is :D

MissJessou
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:43 PM
That's great! :D

tyk101
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:50 PM
It was a quiet Monday afternoon at work (as it is every Monday!) and I was reading behind the till, when I heard an American accent go "Excuse me?" I looked up and this very muscular, athletic lady was standing in front of me. The minute I saw her I was like OMG I know you, but at first I couldn't actually think who she was! :tape: She asked me if we sold a book called "The Celestine Prophecy" (btw I work in waterstones,a book shop) after showing her the section, I took it to the till for her.

By this time I'd totally realised who she was, but I was thinking, why the hell is Laura Granville at a Birmingham bookstore on a Monday afternoon?!?! But then of course I remembered that the DFS CLassic is on! So I decided to drum up the courage, and ask if she was a tennis player. She said yes, and when I said "is your name Laura Granville?" she seemed very pleasantly surprised that I knew! I said I was a massive fan of tennis and had seen her a few times on TV, she seemed very impressed LOL. She was so polite (even before I mentioned that I knew who she was) very friendly and cheerful (and she'd lost today! :eek: i didn't know at the time!) and was very appreciative of the help I'd given her. I said good luck for Wimbledon, she gave me a huge smile and say "Aww thanks so much" and left. It was sooooo cool!:cool: :D

By the way, she looks great in person! She is SO fit, her body is amazing, she is so toned, there's no way you can tell that on TV.

After meeting her in such an unusual way, and her being so polite and friendly, I'm bound to be a new fan now! :hearts:

which waterstones do u work at? The one next to pallisades?
maybe u'll see Sharapova at some point!!!

Libertango
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM
No I work at the High St branch, just down the road, opposite the Bull Ring. :D

Yea I'm hoping Sharapova, Suigyama and the entire Chinese team come in for books too! :lol:

tyk101
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:56 PM

Yea I'm hoping Sharapova, Suigyama and the entire Chinese team come in for books too! :lol:

lol awesome
i go there for my textbooks academic floor, always served by this woman with glasses.. she's quite posh!

Libertango
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:57 PM
lol awesome
i go there for my textbooks academic floor, always served by this woman with glasses.. she's quite posh!

Hahahaha, Joyce! Blond hair?? I love her! :hearts: She's too fab!

tyk101
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:58 PM
i dunno her name, but she's so posh, she always asks when the next exams are according to the textbooks i buy -_-"

Libertango
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Haha. That's because she doesn't trust people. Customers always buy books when exams are near, then when the exam is over, they come back for a refund! :mad: Grrr! I'm sure you don't though! ;) :lol:

tyk101
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:03 AM
i've considered doing that but never have done! Glad to say I'm graduatng this year so less expenditrue on the books!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for sharing! :D :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Laura is a sweetheart, down to earth, very popular. She plays the game for the right reasons!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Awesome. :yeah:

Scotso
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Two positives from this. First, people have said in the past that Laura is very bitchy to people, and I'm glad to see that isn't true. Second, she has good taste in literature.

borisy
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:44 AM
You have to feel for these players... They are stuck in the boring city of Birmingham and its shabby buildings.

SpikeyAidanm
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:45 AM
awesome way to meet ppl eh lol - the good side to work.

Martian Stacey
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Nice story :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:47 AM
:yeah:

stevos
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Thats so cool. I want to meet a player so bad.

RJWCapriati
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:50 AM
awesome!

LefandePatty
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Great! :D

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:43 AM
sounded like a great experience :D I can't wait to meet a tennis player!

gsm
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:08 AM
lucky you glitter!!!!!

CooCooCachoo
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:30 AM
:rolls: But you were a bit slow :lol: Why would she be in Birmingham? :lol:

But still a nice story ;) :dance:

Maryamator
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:48 AM
wow cool.

Derek.
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:51 AM
That's cool! :cool:

-sugi-
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:56 AM
great story, I like Laura from that report. I am sad she lost though

switz
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:11 AM
I was doing a summer clerkship at a Law firm during the Australian summer and a woman come in and asked me for advice about getting a divorce from her freak of husband. At first i didn't realise but as i prepared the paper work i suddenly realised it was Patty Schnyder and that she had finally broke Rainer's evil spell and saw the light. I asked her if she would marry me once everything was finalised but she just called me a disgusting bitch and put my pen in her blouse :confused:

~Carsten~
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:19 AM
nice story :yeah:

azmad_88
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:18 AM
great story

esquímaux
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Haha. That's because she doesn't trust people. Customers always buy books when exams are near, then when the exam is over, they come back for a refund! :mad: Grrr! I'm sure you don't though! ;) :lol:Well I did! :tape: :tape: :p :p :o

Jeff
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Laura :kiss:

Thanks for sharing the story

tobi
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Laura :hug: :hearts:

She is one of the nicest girls around indeed :hug:

"Sluggy"
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:32 AM
that's cool, i see pro tennis players relatively frequently in Paris, it is a funny thing.

Hachiko
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I like her! Thanks for sharing.

ceiling_fan
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:33 AM
coolest story ever!! thanks for sharing it :D

Libertango
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:35 AM
:rolls: But you were a bit slow :lol: Why would she be in Birmingham? :lol:

But still a nice story ;) :dance:

Hehehehe :lol: I have a tendancy to be a bit dopey! :o :tape:

sarza
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Thats great :D and yeah Laura is like one of the sweetest ppl u can meet, she has helped me out alot over the last few years, and it sucks when she gets bad press from people, so im pleased to read others saying great things about her, thanks :D

controlfreak
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
It would have been funnier if you'd said "Is your name Lisa Raymond by any chance?"

Alicia Rocks
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:23 PM
:d

Libertango
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:34 PM
It would have been funnier if you'd said "Is your name Lisa Raymond by any chance?"

:lol: Good one :yeah:

bis2806
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:03 PM
What happened between them two?

sarza
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM
What happened between them two?

Between Laura and Lisa??? Nothing that i know of, but if anyone says differently then be intresting to hear??? Although alot of stuff i have heard just seem to be unfounded rumours!!!

Ellery
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Cool :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:04 PM

that Waterstones........
I go into the Pavillion next door :lol:

normally at night, Laura and her buddies are down Broad Street :wavey:

Libertango
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Aww, I didn't even know you lived in Birmingham, BoiledEgg! :wavey:

davidmario
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Isn't this story similar to the one in "Notting Hill" with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts? :lol:

miranda_lou
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:40 PM
When you said "Birmingham" the first thing I thought of was Birmingham, Alabama in the States.:lol: I was wondering why in the world Laura Granville would be in Alabama??:tape:

Anyway, nice story!!

I once met Jennifer Capriati but it wasn't a nice meeting. She almost knocked me down when she walked off a practice court, slammed through the gate and plowed through everybody, knocking me against the tarp at Court 1. This was at the Miami tournament a few years back.:rolleyes: I yelled BITCH after her and her father gave me the "look of death" which gave me chills.:devil:

davidmario
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I yelled BITCH after her and her father gave me the "look of death" which gave me chills.:devil:
´well done :yeah:

Libertango
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
When you said "Birmingham" the first thing I thought of was Birmingham, Alabama in the States.:lol: I was wondering why in the world Laura Granville would be in Alabama??:tape:

Anyway, nice story!!

I once met Jennifer Capriati but it wasn't a nice meeting. She almost knocked me down when she walked off a practice court, slammed through the gate and plowed through everybody, knocking me against the tarp at Court 1. This was at the Miami tournament a few years back.:rolleyes: I yelled BITCH after her and her father gave me the "look of death" which gave me chills.:devil:

:tape: :worship:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Aww, I didn't even know you lived in Birmingham, BoiledEgg! :wavey:

i dont :wavey:
been going to this tourn for so long (also the Athletics meets) .......i know Birmingham quite well (well the bits i goto :lol: )

Sammm
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
It's great that some tennis players actually DO read books :thumbsup:

*JR*
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
OK, she can be tempermental, and you clearly caught her on a bad day. I exchange occasional emails with Jen, and sometimes find her indecision about projects we've discussed maddening. But she has never been nasty to me in the slightest. (And no, I have no more idea about if and when she's coming back than anyone else does. She doesn't know either, it seems).

Farina Elia Fan
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM
great story

Wiggly
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I met her in Quebec and I was too shy to ask an autograph but she knew I wanted one because I was walking around her and watching her for 10 minutes :tape: So she asked somethign like "You want one, right"? And I said "Oui, euh yyyeyes!" SO she signed it with anice smile so I said "Thanks Laura" for at leats she knew who she was :lol:

partbrit
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:50 AM
That's a great story. I'm glad you got to meet her, and it sounds as though she was really glad to meet you, too.

switz
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:57 AM
OK, she can be tempermental, and you clearly caught her on a bad day. I exchange occasional emails with Jen, and sometimes find her indecision about projects we've discussed maddening. But she has never been nasty to me in the slightest. (And no, I have no more idea about if and when she's coming back than anyone else does. She doesn't know either, it seems).

maybe you've just caught Patty and Rainer on a bad day :tape:

Sadka
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Laura seem such very nice .. :yeah:

G~Playa
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Koooool...

Libertango
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM
i dont :wavey:
been going to this tourn for so long (also the Athletics meets) .......i know Birmingham quite well (well the bits i goto :lol: )

Welcome to Birmingham :wavey: I hope it doesn't rain too much whilst you're here, and you can actually see some tennis! ;) :)

TheAllan
Jun 14th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Just happy on her behalf that she didn't buy "Kama Sutra for Dummies" on this occasion.

bis2806
Jun 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM
It's great that some tennis players actually DO read books :thumbsup:

Not surprising since she went to Stanford.

Libertango
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I didn't serve any tennis players today. :sad: :sobbing:....:tape: :lol:

bis2806
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Awww... I'm sorry. Maybe you should go to the WTA event and do more than just serve them ;)

Libertango
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
LOL :p ...I would, but the players don't have the necessary ...plumbing. :tape: ;)