PDA

View Full Version : Na Li defeat M.Washington 6-3 6-3

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Na had never played a WTA Main Draw match on grass before today ;)
Today she defeated Mashona Washington to move on to the 2nd round of the Birmingham tournament :hearts:

In the first set there was likely some grass court jitters as Na lost the first 8 points on Mashona's serve and found herself down 1-3 :eek:

Mashona is a good player on fast surfaces so I was very worried at this point :tape:

But then Na found her footing and rallied 6 straight games for 6-3, 1-0

And she finished off Mashona in an hour

Now she is headed toward a collision course with top seed and 2-time defending champion Masha Sharapova :scared:

Alec
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Well done, Na

Now keep going

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
some stats

Na served 2 Aces, 3 DF. Mashona served 1 Ace, 6 DF, including one auspicious double foot fault

Na was 4 of 6 on break chances, Mashona 1 of 3

Na served 60% first serve and won 77 % of first serve points
Mashona served 51% first serve and won 64% of first serve points

pancake
Well some people didn't even think Li Na stand a chance to win this match...

pierce0415
Well some people didn't even think Li Na stand a chance to win this match...

really? who? :tape:

Alec
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
It's really great to see Na win this match so easily

She'll fit into the grass court much better in the next match

pancake
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
really? who? :tape:

Some posters :o
I actually think grass suits Li Na's game best

V-MAC
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
damn Mashona :( back to same ol' same ol' :yawn:

Harju.
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Mashona :retard: :banghead:

pcrtennis
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:08 PM
This ISN'T HER DEBUT ON GRASS!!

Good going Na!

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
This ISN'T HER DEBUT ON GRASS!!

Good going Na!

how is it not her debut on grass :rolleyes:
has she played any WTA Main Draw matches on grass before? not that I know of

Dexter
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Mashona :retard: :help: :banghead:

Congrats Na.

purplerain
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:19 PM
congrats!!
I hope Na can give Sharapova some great fight ;)

The_Pov
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I really hope there is a Na/Sharapova clash.

pcrtennis
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:22 PM
not MD but she's played quallies on the stuff...so it's her Grass MD debut...its not like she's neever played on grass...

Perfection
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Jamea :( I thought you'd do better than that :crying2:

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Good win, Na. A shame for Mashona. I thought she might be headed on the right track after that match with Maria. :(

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
not MD but she's played quallies on the stuff...so it's her Grass MD debut...its not like she's neever played on grass...

you are correct
but read my first post and I have identified that it is her MD grass debut ;)

DevilishAttitude
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I wanted a Mashona vs Maria rematch :sad:

Mashona out of Top 100 now :sad: :sad: :sad:

Na will lose to Daniilidou :)

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Devilish :wavey:
Didn't take long for you to go into your Na-trashing mode did it?

First Daniilidou has to win her 1R match. Then we will see what happens :rolleyes:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Smash'em Na!!! :woohoo:

RJWCapriati
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
WTG Na!

RJWCapriati
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Well done!

pcrtennis
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:50 PM

He's just bitter because that thing in his avatar won't be in the top ten after being so close.

CooCooCachoo
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Mashona :sad:

.david.
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah! Keep going Na! Is she in the Top 30 now with this win?

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
He's just bitter because that thing in his avatar won't be in the top ten after being so close.

:lol:
career WTA titles
Schiavone - 0
Li - 1

:tape:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Devilish :wavey:
Didn't take long for you to go into your Na-trashing mode did it?

First Daniilidou has to win her 1R match. Then we will see what happens :rolleyes:

:wavey:

Of course it didn't. I'm Na's #1 hater. I must trash whenever possible :fiery: ;)

We certainly will, I see disappointment for you :p

Firstly, this has nothing to do with Fran.

Secondly, Fran will reach Top 10 and how's your Asian mole fave doing? I mean how many wins since Miami??? :tape:

:lol:
career WTA titles
Schiavone - 0
Li - 1

:tape:

Fran = Moscow, Sydney, Amelia Island, Hasselt & Bali runner up in 12 months. Wins over Mauresmo twice, Dementieva, Kuznetsova twice, Petrova, Schnyder, Pennetta twice, Likhovtseva, Dechy and many others.

Na = Schnyder win.

Discussion ends.

:)

Carmen Mairena
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Jamea :( I thought you'd do better than that :crying2:

Jamea isn't the same as Mashona... :tape:

hanxu
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:02 PM

Of course it didn't. I'm Na's #1 hater. I must trash whenever possible :fiery: ;)

We certainly will, I see disappointment for you :p

Firstly, this has nothing to do with Fran.

Secondly, Fran will reach Top 10 and how's your Asian mole fave doing? I mean how many wins since Miami??? :tape:

Fran = Moscow, Sydney, Amelia Island, Hasselt & Bali runner up in 12 months. Wins over Mauresmo twice, Dementieva, Kuznetsova twice, Petrova, Schnyder, Pennetta twice, Likhovtseva, Dechy and many others.

Na = Schnyder win.

Discussion ends.

Jez, is that why you hate Li Na? Then that says a lot about you

DevilishAttitude
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Jez, is that why you hate Li Na? Then that says a lot about you

When were you involved? :o

Unsurprisingly your wrong. I don't hate Na. I'm not a fan at all cos her game is boring and she's over-hyped.

And it's got nothing to do with her being asian. Tanasugarn is one of my faves. I don't mind Ai, but when her main fan constantly bitches about my fave, I have the right to bitch about his :)

pcrtennis
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:06 PM
When were you involved? :o

Unsurprisingly your wrong. I don't hate Na. I'm not a fan at all cos her game is boring and she's over-hyped.

And it's got nothing to do with her being asian. Tanasugarn is one of my faves. I don't mind Ai, but when her main fan constantly bitches about my fave, I have the right to bitch about his :)

Hahahahahaha...

selyoink
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Well done Na

pierce0415
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Na = Schnyder win.

Discussion ends.

Na also beat Hantuchova, Dechy and Pennetta :wavey:

Alec
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=DevilishAttitude]

QUOTE]

On the contrary, Na has always been underestimated instead of over-hyped if we look back into the past two years since she came back from colleges. She plays regularly only recently in this year and I don't see anything that could prevent her from being a top 15 player, except injuries.

As for SCHIAVONE, it's really intresting to watch some of her games although I don't think she is mentally strong enough to win a title.
BTW, I do not hate her but I think she's really really ugly. With that face it's even painful to be a man.

Pengwin
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Na also beat Hantuchova, Dechy and Pennetta :wavey:

And Jankovic :)

crazyroberto6767
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
This has not been a good day for my favorites at Birmingham :(. Mashona :sad:, after such a good tournament here last year. She's got a ton of points to defend during the grass court season so hopefully it comes together @ Eastbourne. Blah, whatever we're on faster surfaces it will get better.

Nice win Na :yeah:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=DevilishAttitude]

QUOTE]

On the contrary, Na has always been underestimated instead of over-hyped if we look back into the past two years since she came back from colleges. She plays regularly only recently in this year and I don't see anything that could prevent her from being a top 15 player, except injuries.

As for SCHIAVONE, it's really intresting to watch some of her games although I don't think she is mentally strong enough to win a title.
BTW, I do not hate her but I think she's really really ugly. With that face it's even painful to be a man.

Obviously you dislike her, if you call her really ugly :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It is extremely unnecessary. Fran looks fine. The amount of stick she gets is riduclous. She looks fine. There are many uglier players than her :rolleyes:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=DevilishAttitude]

QUOTE]

Alec :rocker2:
LOL @ Schiavone's really ugly :eek: :haha: And at "she looks like a men" :lol:

Ellery
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Na :yeah: :D

Mashona :hug:

Libertango
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM
:bounce: GO NA!

wukenaihe
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Keep going NA!

Lulu.
Jun 13th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Mashona. You should have won this :o

pcrtennis
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Mashona. You should have won this :o

Really? Huh... :confused:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Mashona is in deep shit right now. Quarterfinal points to defend at Eastbourne and 3rd round points to defend at Wimbledon. First round losses at both of these events and she'll find herself at around #170 and right back in 50K's again.

Lin Lin
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:43 AM
keep going,she can be a seed in W O

vianzfzf
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:49 AM
na :bounce: :worship:
good win

Modiac.
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Na,keep going!~

Alicia Rocks
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM