PDA

View Full Version : Which Eight Players will make the YEC?

vwfan
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:18 PM
The year is nearly half way over and the competition for a place in the YEC is really tight, with several players in contention. Of the current top eight in the race, which one(s) will not make it.

And which of the longstanding elite that are not in the current eight will make it: Venus (#24) Davenport (#29) Pierce (#68) and Serena (outside the top 100)

1)Henin
2)Kutznetsova
3)Amelie
4)Nadia
5)Hingis
6)Sharapova
7)Kim
8)Elena

tennisbuddy12
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:29 PM
i think all of them have a great shot including lena but others can take that final spot so you never know

DarkchildSwiss
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
do not forget about Schnyder,Venus Williams, Vaidisova and Safina

vwfan
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:43 PM
do not forget about Schnyder,Venus Williams, Vaidisova and SafinaI didn't, but they are not in the top eight of the race yet.

If Venus can stay healthy, she is moving into her favorite part of the year, so I expect her to make a run for it. Schyder plays well and consistently, so she will also be a threat.

Vaidisova and Safina, uh. . .don't think so given that all the current eight are playing well and are healthy. I don't expect more than one or two slots to be up for grabs: one or two of the Russians (Petrova, Dementieva, Kutzie will not make it probably).

Justine Fan
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
The year is nearly half way over and the competition for a place in the YEC is really tight, with several players in contention. Of the current top eight in the race, which one(s) will not make it.

And which of the longstanding elite that are not in the current eight will make it: Venus (#24) Davenport (#29) Pierce (#68) and Serena (outside the top 100)

1)Henin
2)Kutznetsova
3)Amelie
4)Nadia
5)Hingis
6)Sharapova
7)Kim
8)Elena

Why have you put NOT MAKE IT in the above post, but WILL MAKE IT in the poll? Is that just a typo? Or is it to trick us? :devil:

vwfan
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Why have you put NOT MAKE IT in the above post, but WILL MAKE IT in the poll? Is that just a typo? Or is it to trick us? :devil:guess that I didn't know how to set up the poll correctly.

LucasArg
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Dementienva, Hingis