PDA

View Full Version : Amy Frazier in danger of falling out of the TOP 100 for the first time in 17 years!:(

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM
If Amy does not do well at Eastborne and Wimbledon she will be in danger of falling out of the Top 100 within the next month or so. I really hope she can get her form together as she holds the record for most consecutive weeks in the top 100 for a player that was never ranked in the top 10. She is also 5th or 6th on that list for all players ( even top 10 ) on the most conescutive list. :worship: I'll also cry :sad: :sad: ... :sobbing: ... :p

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:32 PM
wow..17 years...thats just amazing

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:35 PM
wow..17 years...thats just amazing

Yes it is! :D . I am really hoping that she can win a couple of matches at Wimbledon. She lost in the 1st rd last year..so this would be a temporary savior for her staying in the top 100 ;) Winning a match or 2 at Eastborne would also be nice. Hopefully she will play in Qualies there...she needs to get some match play in so she can find her groove again :bounce:

Philbo
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM
If Amy does not do well at Eastborne and Wimbledon she will be in danger of falling out of the Top 100 within the next month or so. I really hope she can get her form together as she holds the record for most consecutive weeks in the top 100 for a player that was never ranked in the top 10. She is also 5th or 6th on that list for all players ( even top 10 ) on the most conescutive list. :worship: I'll also cry :sad: :sad: ... :sobbing: ... :p

What a cute post!! lol

I saw Amy play Farina Elia at the 2004 Aus Open, think it was 3rd round.. it went to 7-5 in the 3rd or something.. was a great match. She is good to watch when playing well.

But what really stands out in my memory is how freakishly white Amy is.. Almost like she is flourescent the poor thing.. Ive heard that her or a family member had some type of issue with skin cancer? can u confirm that Frazier Force?

LOL @ that record - Most Consecutive Years in Top 100 (never being inside the top 10)!!

What is her best ranking?

ClaudiaZ-S
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Amy ! Fight :eek: :o :hysteric:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM
What a cute post!! lol

I saw Amy play Farina Elia at the 2004 Aus Open, think it was 3rd round.. it went to 7-5 in the 3rd or something.. was a great match. She is good to watch when playing well.

But what really stands out in my memory is how freakishly white Amy is.. Almost like she is flourescent the poor thing.. Ive heard that her or a family member had some type of issue with skin cancer? can u confirm that Frazier Force?

LOL @ that record - Most Consecutive Years in Top 100 (never being inside the top 10)!!

What is her best ranking?

#13 ;) 6 years ending in the top 20 :worship:

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:47 PM
her last top 10 player she beat was myskina at wimbledon ,no?

LefandePatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Come on Amy !

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:56 PM
her last top 10 player she beat was myskina at wimbledon ,no?

I think. She did beat DECHY this past November...i think Dechy was ranked #11 or #12 at the time :D :bounce:

Vut
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
17 years!!!!! that much!

-sugi-
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Amy :worship:

Please stay

The Daviator
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:02 PM

Good luck at Eastbourne/Wimbledon :yeah:

Surely her Quebec title should keep her in the top 100 :confused:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM

Good luck at Eastbourne/Wimbledon :yeah:

Surely her Quebec title should keep her in the top 100 :confused:

Not if she keeps on losing :mad: :sad:

Cat's Pajamas
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:12 PM
well either way she had a good run... ;)

MissJessou
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:18 PM
I hope she'll do well! Come on Amy! :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I hope she'll do well! Come on Amy! :D

:hug:

FrenchY52
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Go Amy !!

SelesFan70
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
She'll do well on the grass courts! :bounce: At least a R16 showing for La Frazier at the Big W! :eek:

:bolt:

Ellery
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Go Amy :kiss: :bounce: :worship:

auntie janie
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Fight, Amy! You've been down before and have picked up your game. You can do it again! *As long as you still love to play*, stay out there and DON'T GIVE UP! We believe in you! :hearts::hug::hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Fight, Amy! You've been down before and have picked up your game. You can do it again! *As long as you still love to play*, stay out there and DON'T GIVE UP! We believe in you! :hearts::hug::hearts:

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT SWEETY! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Derek.
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:15 PM
:smash:

Declan
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I LOVE seeing Amy play at Eastbourne! I've seen her there every year since...I don't know, she's always there!!! Last year she saved six match points to beat Ai Sugiyama -she was fantastic! In the early years she was a habitual first round loser at Eastbourne -apart from a surprise win over Julie Halard-decugis one year - but the last few years she seems really comfortable on the grass; her experience is a real bonus on what is an unfamiliar surface for many of her opponents.

charmedRic
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM
allez. Go Frazier! :)

Direwolf
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Come on Frazier.. you can do it..!!!

retire now..

before its too late..!!

GermanBoy
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Don't cry! Amy will do well! :D

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I don't think Amy is in any imminent danger of dropping out of the 100. She has very few points to defend until after the US Open. However from that point on she does have alot of points to defend and she could very realistically drop out sometime between November and next February. It is therefore very important for Amy to start getting some wins now so as to cushion the blow when all her points from the end of last year and beginning of this year drop off.

Basically Amy is fighting the same battle that all veteran players face; the fight to hold off the aging process for as long as possible. It is a battle that all players eventually lose, no one hangs on forever, but it is a fight that when taken on with total commitment shows the true character of an athelete. I wish Amy every success hanging on in the top 100 for as long as she is able.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I LOVE seeing Amy play at Eastbourne! I've seen her there every year since...I don't know, she's always there!!! Last year she saved six match points to beat Ai Sugiyama -she was fantastic! In the early years she was a habitual first round loser at Eastbourne -apart from a surprise win over Julie Halard-decugis one year - but the last few years she seems really comfortable on the grass; her experience is a real bonus on what is an unfamiliar surface for many of her opponents.

I think she will be in the Quali Draw this year unless 4 more people pull out :p So you may get to see her starting Saturday Morning :D :bounce:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Amy :sad: :sad: :sad:

GOOD LUCK! :D :hearts:

Freakan
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Go Amy! U can do it! Don't you dare to fall out of the Top 100! :p
And don't cry Frazier~Force ;) :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Go Amy! U can do it! Don't you dare to fall out of the Top 100! :p
And don't cry Frazier~Force ;) :hug: