PDA

View Full Version : Who is playing Fed Cup for US against Belguim??

alex.2812
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Will Lindsay and Venus try to play or will we have another great team composed by Craybas and Jackson :confused:

KClijsters
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I hope that Venus and Lindsay will play for USA, because I really want to see great matches. Kim is playing for Belgium and I also hope that Justine will play. All these players can play really well on hardcourt. So, I think this will be a great meeting between USA and Belgium. All these players can beat each other. So, I think it will be very exciting :)

jonny84
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Not sure if Lindsay will play.....she is doubtful for Wimbledon, and the Fed Cup is straight afterwards.

Whoever will play I'm sure it will be an interesting tie.

E. Blackadder
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Press in Belgium suggest that it'll be Lindsay and Venus...

KClijsters
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Press in Belgium suggest that it'll be Lindsay and Venus...

I hope so. Than it will be an interesting meeting :)

FrenchY52
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Washington should play

Scotso
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Will Lindsay and Venus try to play or will we have another great team composed by Craybas and Jackson :confused:

Well that "great" team as you sarcastically put got them there, so what's wrong with them? At least they're willing to play for their country.

Grohl
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:22 PM
i was thinking bout getting tickets,
but I wanna know who plays first!

thrust
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I think that Washington should play too. She and Venus would make a very competitive team. I doubt if Lindsay will want to play, or even if she will be able to play.

Paneru
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Well that "great" team as you sarcastically put got them there, so what's wrong with them? At least they're willing to play for their country.

Bring it back. :p

All of them are willing to play for their country
and when the stars got injured they stepped up.

So let's hold back on the snippy stuff. :cool:

Paneru
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I think that Washington should play too. She and Venus would make a very competitive team. I doubt if Lindsay will want to play, or even if she will be able to play.

I think Venus & Mashona would
not be a bad choice at all.

The fact that Lindsay may miss Wimbledon
I think doesn't bode well at all that she'd
play Fed Cup with the injury.

nicky
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Well, whoever plays for the US, Justine is willing to play for Belgium (barring injury of course). Apparently Carl Maes said so (source: Sporza.be). The Belgian team (both Kim AND Justine) wants to play on hardcourt, although they know that it is more likely that Venus & Lindsay will play :)

Svennovitch
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
i was thinking bout getting tickets,
but I wanna know who plays first!

Everything is sold out weeks ago!! They even added some places where you have to stand up to watch the matches...

Viktymise
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:29 PM
It depends on Wimbledon i think, if the belgians do well at Wimbledon like get to semi's or final im not sure they will play but if they dnt get that far then they prob will. If Vee wins again i think she will skip after what happened last yr but if she was to have an early loss or something which i think is very unlikely then she prob will, if Davenport is back for Wimbledon and i dnt think she can do that well with her limited Schedual this yr then i would say she will play for US

GracefulVenus
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:32 PM
with the time the Venus has off between Roland Garros and Wimbledon. She should be able to play. Hoping anyway.

santhuruu
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Hopefully Venus and Lindsay will play, I think it's also the perfect place for Serena to come back though. Maybe in doubles match with sister Venus.

The Daviator
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Venus and Lindsay to play singles AND doubles :rocker2:

Grohl
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Everything is sold out weeks ago!! They even added some places where you have to stand up to watch the matches...
I know a guy who can get me a ticket,
but I'm not sure I want to go yet