PDA

View Full Version : are you a snob about anything in particular?

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I am a tea snob. i love it, study it and have tried teas from near every company and know the best of the best. but when people offer me lipton hot tea, i get a little displeased. like all true tea drinkers, i think coffee is something that people with no taste buds drink :lol: :tape: i know it makes me a tea snob. :sad:

but i was wondering are YOU a snob? if some about anything if so what?

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I am a snob :o a big snob :o about everything :o

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:22 AM
lol. i can respect that.

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM
I voted for what I said. However, I would also like to ask why Jiggly is up at 2:30AM :o Is she a snob about sleeping a particular time too? :o

Cage
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM
i am a snob but i dont want to be :sad:

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I know, it's terrible but I can't help it :sad: If it's what I feel, then I express it :shrug:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I voted for what I said. However, I would also like to ask why Jiggly is up at 2:30AM :o Is she a snob about sleeping a particular time too? :o
lol i have insomnia. the doctor gave me sleep medication but i dont take it because its habit-forming.

bw2082
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I'm a big snob about most things :o

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:27 AM
lol i have insomnia. the doctor gave me sleep medication but i dont take it because its habit-forming.
I say it's the tea :o

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:29 AM
what are you a snob about?

i like being a tea snob. but i am a snob about education, and i dont like that. i know that i do think (a little) less of adults who didnt graduate from a private 4 year college at least 125 years old. i try not to do it but i cant seem to stop.

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I say it's the tea :o
lol you may have a point

i did order night time tea to help me sleep at night...

http://www.adagio.com/images2/products/chamomile.jpg

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:37 AM

i like being a tea snob. but i am a snob about education, and i dont like that. i know that i do think (a little) less of adults who didnt graduate from a private 4 year college at least 125 years old. i try not to do it but i cant seem to stop.
Education, dress, manners, food, you name it :o

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:38 AM
lol you may have a point

i did order night time tea to help me sleep at night...

http://www.adagio.com/images2/products/chamomile.jpgHow is there night time tea? Doesn't all tea have caffeine? :confused:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:44 AM
How is there night time tea? Doesn't all tea have caffeine? :confused:
all "true" teas. that is tea made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. but there are herbal teas made from other plants, that are not "true" teas and all of them are caffeine free.

Beefy
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I'm a snob when it comes to beer (it's gotta be Heineken or Stella), bottled water (Evian only) and clothes and other stuff (Polo, Burberry, Tommy, Guess)

Haute
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:59 AM
I'm snobbish about my coffeehouses. :p Cannot stand chains because they take away from the charm that locally-owned coffeehouses have. Plus the employees tend to be jerks. :ras: Plus only locals make better chai. :drool:

fnuf7
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I'm a snob about certain things not everything, it just that there are lots of certain things that I'm a snob about ;) Public transport is one, I will use it sparingly, never a bus, only a taxi if needs must, planes are ok I suppose and on v rare occasions trains. I prefer to walk or drive myself :)

I'm a snob about supermarkets, I hate using Asda, Iceland, Morrisons etc, prefer Tescos, M & S and Sainsburys even though they are not necessarily better or cheaper. I actually go out of my way and take a longer time shopping in order to shop at the supermarkets I like :D

I hate buying anything "own-brand", I like using trusted labels that I've used before and know they work. When I have steak I make sure I'm having fillet (and no other piece of the cow ;) ) and would much rather have some Aberdeen Angus meat cos it's among the best beef in the world, certainly the best of British beef anyway...

Oh and I'm a snob about certain cities (which shall remain nameless so that I don't offend anyone! :p ;) ) and about the education level of people...also accents I'm a bit of a snob about too but that's linked into me being snobby about certain cities :tape:

There are a few more but I can't think of them right now...;)

mandy7
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I'm a snob when it comes to beer (it's gotta be Heineken or Stella), bottled water (Evian only) and clothes and other stuff (Polo, Burberry, Tommy, Guess)

mount franklin is just as good as evian man :p

Beefy
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:16 AM
mount franklin is just as good as evian man :p

Yeah it's pretty good, best Australian bottled water

mandy7
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah it's pretty good, best Australian bottled water

i'm surprised you don't use it as shower water
you snob
with your $65,- towel!

Nicjac
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Bed linen - has to be satin
Books - I refuse to by books from certain publishers (quality control)
Airlines - if I can't live a little longer I want to go down in style

Beefy
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
i'm surprised you don't use it as shower water
you snob
with your $65,- towel!

:lol: I use Evian when washing out after I brush my teeth :lol: :p

mandy7
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:30 AM

loser

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:34 AM
hey stop fighting!!! remember one mans tap water is another mans evian! :lol: :wavey:

Beefy
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Except if they're from South Australia

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:36 AM
was it madonna that like "needs" to bring cases of her special kahbalah water where ever she goes as she wont drink non kahbalah water?

rebel_ffighter
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I am a snob and I have been told several times,but I dont care!

Grohl
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I don't think I am a snob about anything...

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I'm a snob about private polls!

:shout:They SUCK! :shout:

mandy7
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:25 AM
hey stop fighting!!! remember one mans tap water is another mans evian! :lol: :wavey:

yeah, but he's telling lies!

Cage
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:28 AM

i dont know everything im very particular in who i befriend with and hang with im a fuss pot when it comes to food and i seem to be a bitch all da time its so sad cause it doesnt suit my personality cause im like nice to everyone but i am also a bitch its hard to explaion lol. :confused:

Randriantastic!
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I'm a snob about proper language. And ice cream. But we don't really have enough greeeeat ice cream here in Australia.

Julie
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I have become more snobby as i've gotten older unfortunately :(

marmite1
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I guess im a snob about accent and education. Its a private thing though. I don't tend to tell people thats how i feel as being a snob is a bit embarrassing.

Ems__
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'm a snob about people, I hand pick all my friends and associates very carefully, but thats just the nit-pick in me

Rohin.
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
No i'm not.

and i hate all snobs. kinda

fifiricci
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I hate snobbery, but I think there is also a little bit of it in all of us ;)

I admit to being a massive snob about Italian food. It has to be authentic and freshly cooked or you don't get me eating it (blame my Italian father, God bless him :kiss: ).

In supermarkets I curl my lip at all those disgusting looking (and no doubt even more disgusting tasting) pasta sauces in jars. I will have to be ga ga and spoon fed in the Happy Valley Home for the Bewildered before any of that stuff ever slides down my throat!

I also hate pizzas that have anything more than traditional toppings on them. Why do we have to have crispy duck pizzas? And fucking pineapple chunks for god's sake? :fiery:

Other than that, I hope I'm pretty easy going :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I'm a:

Food snob. Big food snob.
Clothes snob. Even though I can't afford to be a clothes snob.
Hygeine snob. I freak the fuck out whenever I see something dirty and have to clean it, if I'm going to be eating off it or pissing in it, etc. etc.

I'm a snob on a lot of things.

stevos
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Music Snob

Avid Merrion
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I hate snobbery, but I think there is also a little bit of it in all of us ;)

I admit to being a massive snob about Italian food. It has to be authentic and freshly cooked or you don't get me eating it (blame my Italian father, God bless him :kiss: ).

In supermarkets I curl my lip at all those disgusting looking (and no doubt even more disgusting tasting) pasta sauces in jars. I will have to be ga ga and spoon fed in the Happy Valley Home for the Bewildered before any of that stuff ever slides down my throat!

I also hate pizzas that have anything more than traditional toppings on them. Why do we have to have crispy duck pizzas? And fucking pineapple chunks for god's sake? :fiery:

Other than that, I hope I'm pretty easy going :lol:
:lol: omg, i read that and thought it had been posted by me! :eek: totally agree with everything you've said there, it's the only thing i'm snobby about too. i despair with all that 'authentic Italian' shit that's in the supermarkets.

controlfreak
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Is it being a washing up snob if you take other peoples' items out of the drying rack because they're not quite clean, and put them back in the dirty pile for someone else to have a second attempt at washing up properly?

Or is it just good hygiene?

Dahveed
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Is it being a washing up snob if you take other peoples' items out of the drying rack because they're not quite clean, and put them back in the dirty pile for someone else to have a second attempt at washing up properly?

No it's just being a freak, a control freak :p

I'm a snob for snobs! Or am i lying? :confused:

new-york
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Snob about snobs.

alfajeffster
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I used to be a wine snob, drank nothing but world-class reds from great years, and belonged to the ABC club- you know, the "Anything But Chardonnay" set. I've since learned to open both my mind and my palet, and enjoy exploring different kinds of wines from all over the world. The wine that did the trick for me was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough district.

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:04 PM

sorry :sad:

but you know people dont feel as comfortable voting in public polls.

I used to be a wine snob, drank nothing but world-class reds from great years, and belonged to the ABC club- you know, the "Anything But Chardonnay" set. I've since learned to open both my mind and my palet, and enjoy exploring different kinds of wines from all over the world. The wine that did the trick for me was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough district.
lol, i am learning to taste wine. there is soooo much info to take in.

there is with tea too, but since there is only one tea plant, you dont have to worry, like you do learning about the different grapes. and there are only a handful of quality regions that this one plant can grow in. theres less to take in about that and more about different brews flavors and unique combos.

John A Roark
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Only a snob in the fact that I probably know more general history than you, and damned sure have forgotten WAY more 19th century American history than you'll ever learn, whoever 'you' are.

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Only a snob in the fact that I probably know more general history than you, and damned sure have forgotten WAY more 19th century American history than you'll ever learn, whoever 'you' are.
:lol: for me? not bloody likely. not likely at all. plus thats not really snobbery so much as arrogance.

the difference i think is that with snobbery you know what you know, and you use that to make decisions that you feel are superior than others decisions. for example, getting select super high grade full leaf white silver needle tea from a seller that buys direct from the farmer. so you feel you make better decisions. yes that might mean you know more than someone who drinks lipton hot tea, but, it starts with looking at a decision, the decision to drink only the best.

being arrogant is thinking you know more than others without ANY basis for knowing what they know and who they are. its pretty arrogant to say you might know more about history than a ph.d. in america history without even knowing who they are. so being arrogant starts with a LACK of information, good snobbery starts with an abundance of information. my 2cents

Il Primo!
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
It depends upon my mood of the moment..I can,I really can be snob about my attitude with the others when I feel like beeing mean and anthipatic :retard: (it happens less and less,fortunately) I can be very snob about the way I eat, drink, the hygiene or with the adults

But I think and hope I'm not that much generally,I'm a pretty cool and relaxed guy who takes thing slow :cool:

John A Roark
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:36 PM
:lol: for me? not bloody likely. not likely at all. plus thats not really snobbery so much as arrogance.

the difference i think is that with snobbery you know what you know, and you use that to make decisions that you feel are superior than others decisions. for example, getting select super high grade full leaf white silver needle tea from a seller that buys direct from the farmer. so you feel you make better decisions. yes that might mean you know more than someone who drinks lipton hot tea, but, it starts with looking at a decision, the decision to drink only the best.

being arrogant is thinking you know more than others without ANY basis for knowing what they know and who they are. its pretty arrogant to say you might know more about history than a ph.d. in america history without even knowing who they are. so being arrogant starts with a LACK of information, good snobbery starts with an abundance of information. my 2cents
:lol: So, you're not so much a snob, as a snot.
You have no idea about my level of education, and yet you spout off. :lol:
'Not likely,' you say? No, not 'likely' at all--more like a foregone conclusion.
After 26 years of immersion in it, my confidence is way too high for someone the likes of YOU to shake. :haha:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:57 PM
:lol: So, you're not so much a snob, as a snot.
You have no idea about my level of education, and yet you spout off. :lol:
'Not likely,' you say? No, not 'likely' at all--more like a foregone conclusion.
After 26 years of immersion in it, my confidence is way too high for someone the likes of YOU to shake. :haha:
whatever you say, not because i feel compelled to feed your arrogance, but because i dont feel like arguing. :wavey:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM

i have to say this though i want to know who the seven people who are snobs about everything are.

fnuf7
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:26 PM

I do that too, except I don't leave it for someone else to have a 2nd attempt I just go ahead and do it myself. Honestly, some people think a bit of cold water splashed on a pan will do for cleaning it :crazy:

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I do that too, except I don't leave it for someone else to have a 2nd attempt I just go ahead and do it myself. Honestly, some people think a bit of cold water splashed on a pan will do for cleaning it :crazy:
:lol: :lol: so true!!!

Barrie_Dude
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I am a tea snob. i love it, study it and have tried teas from near every company and know the best of the best. but when people offer me lipton hot tea, i get a little displeased. like all true tea drinkers, i think coffee is something that people with no taste buds drink :lol: :tape: i know it makes me a tea snob. :sad:

but i was wondering are YOU a snob? if some about anything if so what?Not able to sleep? Try good sex. It helps

Wigglytuff
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Not able to sleep? Try good sex. It helps
lol this is SOOOO true. :tape:

SelesFan70
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM
No snob here! :D

:angel: