PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva: Weakest link in top 10?

borisy
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:25 AM
2 wins 2 losses in 2 slams :help:

Currently based on Slam performances Martina, Venus, Schiavone and Vaidisova deserve to replace her in top 10.

LeRoy.
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:27 AM

Currently based on Slam performances Martina, Venus, Schiavone and Vaidisova deserve to replace her in top 10.

Last time i checked non-slam tournaments also counted as far as rankings were concerned so.....

eck
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:29 AM
It's not as if she defeated players ranked below her only..
She beat Justine, Kim, and a heapful of players in top 10 despite being the underdog.
If she beefed up her serve, who knows what could happen. :)

anlavalle
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:34 AM
i don`t think so she is just too irregular

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Almost 3 years in the TOP 10 . One of the m longest streak

Yes , Elena doesn´t deserve the TOP 10 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Despite Dementieva's terrible results at Slams this year, I think Patty Schnyder is the weakest link in the Top 10.

DomenicDemaria
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Despite Dementieva's terrible results at Slams this year, I think Patty Schnyder is the weakest link in the Top 10.

I agree. Patty and Elena are solid players but I think there are players who deserve to be top 10 instead of them. Martina and Venus are the two I think should be there instead of them. Elena can play like a top player when she wants too. But she can also play like a player not ranked in the top 20.

Dani12
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Well she's obviously in the op ten for a reason.

njnetswill
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:50 AM
She has a Teir 1 title (albeit at the weak Tokyo event) and a final at IW. Better than someone like Patty has done.

gentzy
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Yes but have you ever seen a more inconsistent player ?? And one with a weak serve ?? Put that togheter and this player won't even be in top 20 ... I think Lena's efforts should be appreciated...she's a great fighter and when she's in her game she can't lose...If only she could be this way daily....

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:03 AM
She has a Teir 1 title (albeit at the weak Tokyo event) and a final at IW. Better than someone like Patty has done.

Yet, Patty has a 6-3, 6-3 win over Dementieva this year. :D

Not to mention, Patty has been much, much more consistent.

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Yet, Patty has a 6-3, 6-3 win over Dementieva this year. :D

Not to mention, Patty has been much, much more consistent.

this year? i disagree...

patty lost early in starsbourg...

lena since AO has been consistently winnning at least 2 matches in each tournament she plays

iPatty
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM
this year? i disagree...

patty lost early in starsbourg...

lena since AO has been consistently winnning at least 2 matches in each tournament she plays

Losing early at Strasbourg or losing early at the Australian Open. Hmm, I wonder which could be more important. :shrug:

I love Elena, but she is definitely the worst player in the top ten.

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Losing early at Strasbourg or losing early at the Australian Open. Hmm, I wonder which could be more important. :shrug:

I love Elena, but she is definitely the worst player in the top ten.

the rankings mean that the points in the 54 weeks period..that includes last year birmingham till this years's Roland Garros.

if u wanna compare GS,patty lost early at wimbledon.elena has a GS sf in that period as well..

adding to her tier 1 title and tier 1 final at indianwells this year..

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:15 AM
patty has 2 early losses this year too adding to her 1r at wimbledon last year..

i think elena has more top 10 and 20 wins too this year

Hingie
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
I'm sorry but this is a dumb thread.

If you think Marti and Vee deserve to be in the top 10 rather than Lena D then the ranking will soon reflect that. After Wimby, both should crack the top 10 hopefully and by years end if they all play consistently then we should have a new-look top 10 that will be reflective of results. And this could very well include Lena D as she always seems to sort herself out by the time US hardcourt season comes.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Eight in the race , eight in the rank (52 weeks)

What does Elena in the TOP 10 ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

selyoink
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
All the women in the top 10 deserve to be there but if there is a weak link it is Schnyder in my opinion.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:37 AM
dementieve can take out schiavone and vaidisova easily. man. What are you talking about!?

Orion
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:01 AM
What it comes down to is explosiveness of game versus consistency of game.

Schnyder does not have an incredibly explosive game. When she matches up with most of the top 10, she is expected to lose. It's just a fact that her game rarely defeats the best of the best. Where she builds her ranking from is the occasional upset coupled with ridiculous consistency. She rarely, VERY rarely, loses to people ranked significantly below her, and when she does, it's usually because they have...an explosive game!

Dementieva has an incredibly explosive game. She is the kind of player that has a decent chance (although usually less than 50-50) of beating any top player on any surface (besides grass...) on any day. However, with that kind of game comes inconsistency. If she isn't on the mark at the right times in an early round match, she could potentially lose to someone outside the top 50. Similar to Venus Williams, similar to Daniela Hantuchova in '02-'03.

Historically, several examples of this extreme have succeeded in playing remarkably well for patches of their career. Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario was not a terrifying opponent if you were in the top ten, but if you weren't among the very best, she would beat you, guaranteed-money-in-the-bank. Jennifer Capriati has only 14 career titles, but nobody in their right mind would want to face her, regardless of rank, simply because she could produce the best at the perfect moment. Incidentally, both have multiple grand slam titles.

crystall
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Its because of her inconsistency that she is in top 10 and not top 5..
If Vee dont defend her wimby's points well, who knows how far she can drop, what more to say into top 10..
Hingis to me is really a deserving top 10 but to push lena out and let hingis in, hmmm... i still think there's other player like schnyder to be push out..

Volcana
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:55 AM

Currently based on Slam performances Martina, Venus, Schiavone and Vaidisova deserve to replace her in top 10.The rankings are a tool that are used to fairly determine seeding. That is the only purpose of the rankings. It's somewhat arbitrary, but rankings are based on the previous twelve months. Dementieva deserves her ranking. Her ranking doesn't mean she's one of the ten best players in the world, that's all.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Her ranking doesn't mean she's one of the ten best players in the world, that's all.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

MistyGrey
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Not liking the thread.

Ideally the top ten would be (in no particuler order)
Kim, Justine,Venus,Serena, Lindsay,Mary,Hingis, Maria,Amelie,Svetlana.

Dunno about Mary and Lindsay's future... Dementieva and Petrova should be the next in line, IMO.

furrykitten
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Some of these threads can be truly disturbing, how can anyone question a player's validity to be in Top 10 when she's been there for 3 years?!?!?

Dementinator
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Well its Borisy ,what can you expect ,the things a tool! :lol: Lenas in top ten cos she deserves to be there , she has out performed Patty by a big margin this year , Pattys lost early quite a few times thus far ,Lena has dissapointed at the Slams so far ,but actually been pretty consistant elsewhere making a big Title ,a big Final ,several Semis and Qfs too ,beating some quality oppos along the way..

When Borisy is one of the ten best of the world in his career (apart from being a wanker of course) then he can comment ,until then he would be better to STFU ,but we all know that aint gonna happen :lol:

alextim
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I agree! she's the weakest of the top10

jack daniels
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM
The fact that a player who posseses such a serve and can remain in the top 10 is a sad indictment to womens tennis

dany.p
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:01 AM
The fact that a player who posseses such a serve and can remain in the top 10 is a sad indictment to womens tennis

On the other hand,it could indicate the amount of talent she has in other parts of her game. On her good days (rare as they may be), her groundstrokes can more then make up for her serving deficiencies.

IMO schnyder is the weakest link in the top 10 ( although i sort of like her game)

jack daniels
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:03 AM
On the other hand,it could indicate the amount of talent she has in other parts of her game. On her good days (rare as they may be), her groundstrokes can more then make up for her serving deficiencies.

IMO schnyder is the weakest link in the top 10 ( although i sort of like her game)

Fair point, but fact that she can not master one of the most fundamental elements of the sport is a sad reflection to the standard of womens tennis (i guess that is what I meant)

Dementinator
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:04 AM

stop watching it then.

jack daniels
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM
stop watching it then.

:retard:

FedExpress
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
No. I think Patty is the weakest link in the top 10.

Viktymise
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Eh no, Lena has a tier 1 title and another tier 1 final which was 1 of the biggest tournaments of the yr so far plus a semi at the US open and a final in Philidelphia and several other semi appearances, so in the last 12 months she has had some great results just her last 2 slams have been a dissapointment but thats all set to change so to say patty deserves the top 10 more than lena is stupid, plus when lena lost 1st round of Aus Open it was to Julia Schruff who has a proven record of beating top players, while in Strasbourg Schnyder lost to Muller who is pretty average

xin_hui
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:56 AM
it was to Julia Schruff who has a proven record of beating top players

:scratch: :cuckoo:

DevilishAttitude
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
No.

But if Elena doesn't start playing well soon she's in trouble. She's been poor since losing to Maria at Indian Wells. Apart from the win against Clijsters in fed cup when Kim was even worse than now she's been unimpressive and in tour events apart from winning Groenefeld, she hasn't beaten anyone inside the Top 50 since then.

dementieve can take out schiavone and vaidisova easily. man. What are you talking about!?

Schiavone thrashed Elena 6-3 6-1 at Moscow so I think your wrong :)

akosijepoy
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
she deserves to be there. her groundstrokes are wonderful. she just needs a little more confidence on her serve and patient with the rallies.

Louis Cyphre
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Fair point, but fact that she can not master one of the most fundamental elements of the sport is a sad reflection to the standard of womens tennis (i guess that is what I meant)
:lol:
I guess the total amount of matches that you have ever watched is 3 or 4 and you have never played tennis right?

Dementinator
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM
plus Lenas serve IS NOT as crap as it once was ,its about average ,not a weapon ,but the rest of her game more than makes up for that ,why does everyone think Tennis is all about serving? there IS more to it..

Lenas problem is UEs ,her game leaves little margin for error ,and lately shes not hit the hot spot ,the serving has not been the reason shes lost lately..she doesnt always choose the right shots ,and sometimes plays too defensively ,but when she DOES come good ,then look out ,shes one of the best there is then.Consistancy has always been her prob and will always be , but her talent is good enough to keep her where she is ,she hasnt won almost $7 million by being totally inept...

Mike_T
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
The rankings are a tool that are used to fairly determine seeding. That is the only purpose of the rankings. It's somewhat arbitrary, but rankings are based on the previous twelve months. Dementieva deserves her ranking. Her ranking doesn't mean she's one of the ten best players in the world, that's all.Yep, the rankings are less a reflection of talent, and more a tally of points a player has accumulated over 12 months – regardless of how many tournies they’ve played. If you remove the number of tournaments from the equation and calculate average points per tournament, Elena gets demoted to 11th.

1(3) HENIN-HARDENNE 2408.00 - 12 = 201.7
2(9) PIERCE 1810.00 - 9 = 201.1
3(4) SHARAPOVA 2345.00 - 12 = 195.4
4(2) CLIJSTERS 3266.00 - 18 = 181.4
5(1) MAURESMO 3306.00 - 19 = 174
6(7) DAVENPORT 2080.00 - 13 = 160
7(12) WILLIAMS 1420.00 - 9 = 157.8
8(15) HINGIS 1334.00 - 12 = 111.2
9(6) KUZNETSOVA 2107.00 - 19 = 110.9
10(5) PETROVA 2308.00 - 25 = 92.3

11(8) DEMENTIEVA 1956.00 - 22 = 88.9

For me, Elena’s game is top 10, apart from the obvious weak serve. Now her Mother is her coach, right? An obvious question is, what coaching qualifications has Vera, to be coaching a player of Elena’s caliber? And is that a factor with her serve?

vutt
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
She should do lot better at Grand Slams then people will stop poping up threads like this.

dany.p
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
For me, Elena’s game is top 10, apart from the obvious weak serve. Now her Mother is her coach, right? An obvious question is, what coaching qualifications has Vera, to be coaching a player of Elena’s caliber? And is that a factor with her serve?

I don't think having her mum as a coach has been a factor in her having a weak serve. elena has gotten outside help specifically with the serving, yet it hasn't really helped. There are some things that no amount of practice can change, and imo elena's serve is one of these things.

Effy
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:31 PM

so what? she is a great player and deserves to be in Top 10 much more than Schiavone or Vaidisova :cool:

Kart
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I didn't realise the rules had changed and that players' rankings were based solely on slam performance.

mila_mail
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
venus.. good

goldenlox
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:17 PM
It's true her results at the last 2 majors aren't strong, but her last 2 US Opens were very strong.

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I didn't realise the rules had changed and that players' rankings were based solely on slam performance.

exactly

mc8114
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I agree. Patty and Elena are solid players but I think there are players who deserve to be top 10 instead of them. Martina and Venus are the two I think should be there instead of them. Elena can play like a top player when she wants too. But she can also play like a player not ranked in the top 20.You're right, i think what keeps Patty in the top ten are factors like the irregularity of Venus schedule due to injures. About Lena she's a fighter and probably find a way to stick around, but now that Martina's game is getting better and also the arrival of players like Nicole and Dinara may put her ranking in risk.

Viktymise
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:46 PM
:scratch: :cuckoo:
Eh ye she has go look at her bio on wtatour and you will see who she has beaten she has beaten players like Jankovic, Likhovsteva, Myskina,
Pannetta whereas Muller's best win is over Schnyder :rolleyes:

azmad_88
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
in the last 54 weeks period

top 10 players patty defeated

Nadia ( YEC 2005)
Elena (Paris 2006)
Justine( Charleston 2006)

top 10 players elena defeated

Lindsay( US Open 2005)
Mary ( Fed Cup 2005)
Amelie ( Fed Cup 2005)
Kim ( Filderstadt 2005)
Justine (Indian Wells 2006)
Kim (Fed Cup 2006)

who is weaker?

LUIS9
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Yeah I forgot about Schnyder. Gosh both have been so inconsistent however, Dementieva did reach two tier1 finals and won one against a still rusty Hingis.

Yeah Patty is the weakest link in the top 10 unfortunately.

bello
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Elena Dementieva and Patty Schnyder are obviously the weakest links...and who knows where Mary Pierce's game will be when she returns..

All three will be there onl;y as long as Venus, Martina and Nicole (and Serena) allow them to be.

miffedmax
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Lena D. is perfect. So lay off.

Eldoth Kron
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:56 PM
NO, sharpie is the weakest :kiss: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce:

hingis2002cn
Jun 15th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Schnyder is the weakest i think

borisy
Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
bump :p

Viktymise
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Just because she lost today does not change anything, at least she is paying on grass Patty will be lucky to get through a round at Wimbledon

DragonFlame
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
bump :p

:rolleyes:

No Name Face
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:26 PM
i remember the days that elena was top 6 :bigcry:

squig2k
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
dementieva is unpredictable. some days she blasts away at her opponents yet on others she struggles and just manages to win in 3 sets or loses in 3 sets. i do however think she is a strong opponent and deserves to be in the top 10. anyone who manages to win matches with a serve like hers shows how strong they are

Callystarr
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:35 PM

*cosign

Well they both have the same record against top 10 players, (2-5)...but Dementieva has beaten a slew of 10-15 ranked players...I do think that Dementieva is better...

goldenlox
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Lena is right behind Sharapova in 2006 points, and they are in the same quarter.
If Sharapova plays like she did in Paris and Birmingham, Lena will be ahead of her
in 2006 points

Viktymise
Jun 24th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Lena is right behind Sharapova in 2006 points, and they are in the same quarter.
If Sharapova plays like she did in Paris and Birmingham, Lena will be ahead of her
in 2006 points
Agreed, lena played better in Rosmalen than Sharapova in Birmingham and she had a much better clay court season apart frm the french, if they meet in the quaters of Wimby i think lena will win its just a gut feeling but it more depends on how she gets through the early rounds

Uranus
Jun 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Elena has a problem with Grand Slam 1st rounds. She always has difficulties to get through these matches.

mboyle
Jun 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Patty Schnyder never beats the top players. Dementieva does on occassion. Schnyder is the weakest top tenner, and will fall out very shortly.

fammmmedspin
Jun 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
The rankings sort themselves out. If Patty doesn't get her energy back Nastya will pass her. Elena is moving up if anything. Mary and Lindsay are heading out depending on the injuries and retirement. martina has numbers on her side with nothing to defend.

After that if you look at the rankings they have tightened a lot below Nastya and down to number 17 - people have moved up from 1000 to 1300 ponts and opened a 250 point gap back behind them. One or two of those people are your next new top ten players.

JS
Jun 24th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yep, the rankings are less a reflection of talent, and more a tally of points a player has accumulated over 12 months – regardless of how many tournies they’ve played. If you remove the number of tournaments from the equation and calculate average points per tournament, Elena gets demoted to 11th.

This post is totally stupid and useless... :rolleyes:
It looks like you really don't know how the rankings work...
It could have been interesting if you had done it correctly!
To divide the total of points by more than 17 doesn't make any sens at all, as only the 17 best tournaments are taken in that amount.
Next time, think. :p

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I'm going to have to say yes. Dementieva is the weakest link in the top ten. What other top ten player can lose in the semis of a Teir III and noone even really blinks? Well her and Patty are the only ones I can think of.
They're both mental cases. I just pick the one without the best of serves.

luna08
Jun 25th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I'm going to have to say yes. Dementieva is the weakest link in the top ten. What other top ten player can lose in the semis of a Teir III and noone even really blinks? Well her and Patty are the only ones I can think of.
They're both mental cases. I just pick the one without the best of serves.
Sharapova lost in a tier III semifinal (which had weaker field than ordina open) to lower ranked player at her favourite surface. And Krajicek went on to win the tittle by beating another higher ranked player.

muniu
Jun 25th, 2006, 11:13 AM
OMG :lol: I hope that she'll meet NIcole in Wimby:D :lol: :lol:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Lena won a Tier I, and made a Tier I final this year.
She beat Justine, Kim and Martina.
She's doing fine this year.
She just needs a big major

perseus2006
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:39 PM
A number of posters claim that Venus, Hingis and Serena DESERVE to be in the top ten. One calims it's a CRIME to PLACE Schnyder in the top ten.

Here's the REAL deal. Patty EARNED her way into the top ten playing TENNIS. So did the serve-challenged Elena! If these DESERVING players want to be in the top ten all they need to do is PLAY tennis and EARN their way into the top ten.

It's a CRUEL world when you have to Earn your way. But that's the world of professional sport.

UDACHi
Jun 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I just pick the one without the best of serves.

You could say that for any part of their game. I could say 'Elena's faster, so that means Patty's the weakest'. :retard:

Yep, the rankings are less a reflection of talent, and more a tally of points a player has accumulated over 12 months – regardless of how many tournies they’ve played. If you remove the number of tournaments from the equation and calculate average points per tournament, Elena gets demoted to 11th.

Patty Schnyder, heard of her? Though your theory is quite :cuckoo:, if you're gunna use it, you could at least mention how Elena leads Patty by over 20 points per tournament.

Mike_T
Jun 25th, 2006, 10:12 PM
This post is totally stupid and useless... :rolleyes:
It looks like you really don't know how the rankings work...
It could have been interesting if you had done it correctly!
To divide the total of points by more than 17 doesn't make any sens at all, as only the 17 best tournaments are taken in that amount.
Next time, think. :p
Patty Schnyder, heard of her? Though your theory is quite :cuckoo:, if you're gunna use it, you could at least mention how Elena leads Patty by over 20 points per tournament.
Hold up, let's get this straight.

I wasn’t trying to manipulate stats in favour or against any player. I genuinely believed all tournament points counted towards a player’s total, but I was mistaken - it’s apparently best of 17. It’s been years since Iroda was top 100, so a long time since I paid any attention to rankings – that’s my excuse.

You could take players who’ve played less than 17, and divide by how ever number of tournies they’ve played, then multiply by 17. But I can’t be bothered, especially as this thread has turned into another bashing thread, and you’re trying to implicate me. No, I’ll just go sit in the corner with my dunce’s hat on :o

Beny
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Patty is weaker than lena:)

oakkao
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:55 PM
:o

oakkao
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Patty Schnyder never beats the top players. Dementieva does on occassion. Schnyder is the weakest top tenner, and will fall out very shortly.
One of only two women to have defeated Henin on clay in the past 2 years. She has victories over a few top players. Sharapova, Henin, Dementieva and Myskina to name a few. :)

Lenafan
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Without mental lapses like Lena has commonly she's top 5 even with everyone healthy. With these mental lapses , I am inclined to agree that Lena may be the weakest link other than Patty, but Lena and Sveta to me are the only people capable of beating the top players when they are at their best - Henin, Clijsters, Davenport etc. People continually talk about the serve. What's weird is often times, the serves don't cost her matches directly although it's obviously not an asset, but it's these weird mental lapses and I don't understand her head to head record against fellow Russians. Only player who should have a winning record against her out of the Russians is Sharapova yet she has losing records to Petrova and Myskina too. Not too many people can blow off the likes of Davenport and Capriati in sets. Also Lena has had some breakthroughs in the past year or so from people who own her like Clijsters and Henin. She gives Amelie a tough time and beat her in big matches. And I believe she's 5-5 in her last 10 against Davenport. I cannot remember when Patty ever had a big win in a slam or fed Cup. Same with nut job Petrova. Sharapova, Petrova, and Patty need the top players to be off their game in order to beat them. I would throw out her Aussie Open GS results though cause she never prepares for that tournament and spends time in her family. She carried the Russians to the Fed Cup with impressive victories over Pierce and Mauresmo and in doubles . Actually until the last 2 months, I felt Lena was on a very positive run, but not showing up in matches to the likes of Golovin and Safina and it wasn't losing to Peer that bothered me, it was in the way she lost to her up 4-1 in both sets and 40-15. I wish she would cut the dropshot out of her repertoire. I mean top players may lose to these types of matches but they don't win only 2 or 3 games in matches against the likes of Golovin and Safina especiallly considering what a great fighter she is. I love her, but this one and the US Open are pretty big tournaments for her. She can have a breakthrough and become top 5 player or she will just become a player that unranked players hope they draw and top players hope to avoid since she's maddeningly inconsistent. BTW, Patty for some reason I find everything she does hilarious from interviews, her bizarro website, her handshake or lack thereof, her choice in men. She probably makes me laugh more than any athlete with the exception of Manny Ramirez. She's definitely a 110 on the unintentional comedy scale. She's got a cute craziness to her.

goldenlox
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Nobody besides Justine has done anything special this year.
Lena beat Hingis in a Tier I final.
Beat Justine in a super Tier I SF,
and is as good as anyone on the tour

Rachel_
Jun 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Elena D is prob the only player in the 6-10 category that on her day can beat anybody in the world....and well.

So yeah she is deserving to be top 10...and u guys watchh out Elena D is gonna kill it in the American hardcourt season...trust me

zibaas
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:09 PM
anyone of the top 10 can beat anyone on her day !

Natasc
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM
anyone of the top 10 can beat anyone on her day !
really??
U dont wanna me to say the names.... :rolleyes:

except....
that If u count that the other player is in a bad shape....

zibaas
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
really??
U dont wanna me to say the names.... :rolleyes:

except....
that If u count that the other player is in a bad shape....

im sure of it
;)