PDA

View Full Version : Sesil K. Where is she now?

hingisGOAT
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM
i think it's funny that there is almost no discussion of sesil karatancheva on these message boards. not only was she one of the most unscripted, talkative players on tour, but she was a prodigious talent. she recorded many impressive victories as a 15 and 16 year old girl and looked, at the time, equally as impressive as ivanovic/vaidisova/kirilenko etc. her court coverage and backhand were better than anyone around her age, and nick bolliteri (sp?) referred to her as the greatest talent he had worked with, i believe.

the success of vaidisova, sesil's rival in many ways, prompted me to wonder: where would sesil be now if she were still competing? top 20? top 10? also, does anyone know what she has been doing to occupy herself? hopefully she is practicing for a 'thunderous' return... she had a great, quick game that will hopefully contrast quite nicely with the sharapovas of the tennis world in a few years time...

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
i think it's funny that there is almost no discussion of sesil karatancheva on these message boards. not only was she one of the most unscripted, talkative players on tour, but she was a prodigious talent. she recorded many impressive victories as a 15 and 16 year old girl and looked, at the time, equally as impressive as ivanovic/vaidisova/kirilenko etc. her court coverage and backhand were better than anyone around her age, and nick bolliteri (sp?) referred to her as the greatest talent he had worked with, i believe.

the success of vaidisova, sesil's rival in many ways, prompted me to wonder: where would sesil be now if she were still competing? top 20? top 10? also, does anyone know what she has been doing to occupy herself? hopefully she is practicing for a 'thunderous' return... she had a great, quick game that will hopefully contrast quite nicely with the sharapovas of the tennis world in a few years time...

In all honesty I think this break will do her a lot of good. She'll have time to TRAIN and improve now (while still keeping in match shape by playing at clubs ect.) Otherwise she would have been traveling the world for the next two years, not improving much, and ranked around 15-25 for the whole period.

clonesheep
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I have been wondering about Sesil K., too. She appealed to international sports court about her case and they are supposed to reach a decision last month already. But all is very quiet. I wonder if they turned Sesil down so her people didn't have anything to say? (If there's a reduction or overturning of the 2-yr ban, I am sure it will make news somehow.)

In any case, I do wish Sesil will use this low point of her life to re-group and plan a comeback. I like her a lot. BTW, Vaidisova was not a main "rival" of Sesil. Sesil has said on one or two occasions that she and Nicole are best friends on tour. But that was then and this is now. :(

coool
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Sesil is training in Sofia now...and she's waiting for the decision of the tribunal in Lozana about her appeal against the ban...But even it's not good for her i believe she would come back stronger than ever and make some impressive wins against Venus, Mirza, ALG, Vaidisova and many more as before....

coool
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I have been wondering about Sesil K., too. She appealed to international sports court about her case and they are supposed to reach a decision last month already. But all is very quiet. I wonder if they turned Sesil down so her people didn't have anything to say? :(

The court will post their decison in the website of ITF (as they did with the reduction of Canas's ban) so Sesil can't hide it...

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
there is lots of talk about her but no need to bring her past. She can use time off to be a real teen and get education and train on side for a comeback

Slumpsova
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:13 PM
i don't know either but hopefully she still keeps traing very hard. she is so young that the punishment wouldn't effect her career much. Sesil can comeback at the age of eighteen which i think is the most perfect time to rock the tour.

cellophane
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I miss Sesil :sad:

charmedRic
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Hopefully she'll stick to her tennis and come back at 18 ready to play with the big babes and catch up in no time.

Freakan
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:01 AM
She's preparing to become no. 1 in 2008 ;) :yeah:

WorldWar24
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:54 AM
The time off can turn to her advantage. She may have got more experience but since she started playing lots of tournaments her game didn't develop that much. Her forehand, serve need a lot of work and her backhand looked more impressive when she was 14 than last year. So she can use the time off to improve a lot, much more than she'd be able to if she was on tour.

*roddicksinme*
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:35 AM
good luck sesil!

Reuchlin
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:57 AM
The time off can turn to her advantage. She may have got more experience but since she started playing lots of tournaments her game didn't develop that much. Her forehand, serve need a lot of work and her backhand looked more impressive when she was 14 than last year. So she can use the time off to improve a lot, much more than she'd be able to if she was on tour.
I thikn that the key for her will be to not lose motivation etc, because 2 years is a VERY long time for someone so young. Just as I see her really improving (with almost 0 pressure), I also see her pulling a Capriati... :tape: :tape: :tape:

Tripp
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Hopefully she's doing what every other normal teen does: absolutely nothing.

It'll be good for her to have time to have some fun, have a normal life for a couple of years.

furrykitten
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:02 AM
It will be great when she returns, hopefully she will be able to rise through the rankings again:)

alex.2812
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I don't miss her at all.

FedExpress
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM
She's preparing to become no. 1 in 2008 ;) :yeah:

:lol: Of course she will ;)

E. Blackadder
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM
The girl got caught for doping. No need for such players to return

FedExpress
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:54 AM

Agree. Such a case is bad for the sport.

furrykitten
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:57 AM

What about her Dad and her coaches, she's a young girl who should have been protected properly and guided properly.