PDA

View Full Version : Do some Serbian Players (Ana & Jelena ++...) will change their nationality...

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
now that Montenegro is independant?

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Ana won't 'cos she was born in Belgrade wich is in Serbia and about Jankovic I have no Idea :confused:

I wonder if Dokic will chance again :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just kidding I love Dokic

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
No. They are all from Serbia, they have nothing to do with Montenegro. So, they will stay Serbians (or Serbs, as you like)

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Jankovic is definitely not.
Ana's father is Montenegrin but she's born in Belgrade and has lived there all her life, so it's also very unlikely.

The only one who will play for Montenegro is Danica Krstajic (ranked in 200s).

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:34 PM
now that Montenegro will be independant?

And Montenegro is independent now .

Serbia and Montenegro are not a country anyomre since 5 of june.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM
And Montenegro is independent now .

Serbia and Montenegro are not a country anyomre since 5 of june.

yeah, i know. Gram issues, i'm editing.

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
they are born and live in Serbia. No offense but we will never hear of montenegro again at least as far as tennis is concerned

JackFrost
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I heard, Ana wanted become a swiss player. :)

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Yeah and I read in some brit tabloid djokovic wanted to move to britain to become another great british tennis star before he said it's a load of BS and they should be happy with what they have :lol:
Hell even Murray lives and trains in Spain

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:49 PM
i heard that was just rumours :o

and yeah, it does seem that montenegro does not have much to offer in sports. i wonder how will all this affect the waterpolo team? i don't want hungary to dominate again :o

JackFrost
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah and I read in some brit tabloid djokovic wanted to move to britain to become another great british tennis star :lol:

Yeah, the german eurosport commentators said that too.
Why do the serbian player all want to change their nationality?
Seles, Dokic, Ivanovic, Djokovic...
Well, if Jelena J. wants to become german, she´s welcome. :hearts:

Slumpsova
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:51 PM
doesn't Ana consider to be Swiss?

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:55 PM
doesn't Ana consider to be Swiss?

No.

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:55 PM
from what i know ana does not consider to be a swiss and in fact won't be in switzerland very often in the future.

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:57 PM
and yeah, it does seem that montenegro does not have much to offer in sports. i wonder how will all this affect the waterpolo team? i don't want hungary to dominate again :o

It will affect them immensely. Basically it's 50% Serbian, 50% Montenegrin now. Both teams will be considerably weaker when they split. Also, Montenegro have better junior players.
So, be prepared for another Hungarian domination. :o

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:59 PM
It will affect them immensely. Basically it's 50% Serbian, 50% Montenegrin now. Both teams will be considerably weaker when they split. Also, Montenegro have better junior players.
nooooo! :mad: i think i will simply quit following waterpolo. i have always been a weirdo for doing it anyway :o

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:01 PM

What about soccer I mean your selection rigth now is incredible and I consider them as favorites (for me) the play very good soccer :)

Joana
nooooo! :mad: i think i will simply quit following waterpolo. i have always been a weirdo for doing it anyway :o

:lol:
I guess Austrians aren't really waterpolo-crazy, right?

I only follow it because the players are :drool:

ezekiel
Yeah, the german eurosport commentators said that too.
Why do the serbian player all want to change their nationality?
Seles, Dokic, Ivanovic, Djokovic...
Well, if Jelena J. wants to become german, she´s welcome. :hearts:

Seles gained american citizenship after she was stabbed and recovering and needed some stability in her life and her prospect of returning to Serbia was nil considering it was a time of war and full effect of Milosevic dictatorship.

Ivanovic and Jankovic live in Serbia and have never shown otherwise . The things you may hear is just pure wishful thinking and trying to confuse things as western media has often done with regards to entire Balkan situation.

As far as Dokic , well she has lived and trained in Australia and she should really stick there as far as I am concerned. She had her best times there as well

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:03 PM
What about soccer I mean your selection rigth now is incredible and I consider them as favorites (for me) the play very good soccer :)

It won't be affected much, the only player from Montenegro on WC team is the goalkeeper.

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:05 PM
It won't be affected much, the only player from Montenegro on WC team is the goalkeeper.

Ok yeah the goalkeeper is not that good :) ;) .

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
:lol:
I guess Austrians aren't really waterpolo-crazy, right?

I only follow it because the players are :drool:
no, i don't think i know a single person here who knows rules of waterpolo.

i saw serbian waterpolo players train once. what they do as a warm up would knock me out for 3 days :o