PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when people use, "I was drunk!!", as an excuse?

Perfection
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:28 PM
One of my friends did something that was very hurtful towards me, and when I asked her why, she replied with the oh so common & typical phrase, "I WAS DRUUUUUUUU-UHNK!"

I'm sorry, but when I get drunk, I can control what I do. I know sometimes you say things that just blurt out, but that's as far as it does in my opinion. You can control your actions, it doesn't make you brainless.

Speaking of which, I really want to go wear my new Nosferatu vampire drag outfit to the gay club on Friday. :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Most horrible excuse ever. You were drunk, it is your problem. It doesn't excuse anything you do. If you are stupid enough to get drunk and be a bitch to some people you care for, then you deserve the consequences, drunk or not.

Craigy
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Well I do agree it is annoying.
But some people can be so drunk they can't help themselves...

meyerpl
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I don't use that lame excuse for bad behavior unless I'm drunk.

Perfection
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Most horrible excuse ever. You were drunk, it is your problem. It doesn't excuse anything you do. If you are stupid enough to get drunk and be a bitch to some people you care for, then you deserve the consequences, drunk or not.

Exactly! Like the time I made out with the 70-year old motorized wheelchair man at the club, it wasn't because I was drunk, it was because I wanted to.

Avid Merrion
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
no i don't hate it, it's a perfectly valid excuse as far as i'm concerned :lol:

then again, i don't tend to insult people when i've had a few too many, i'm more likely to make a total fool of myself.... :o

Perfection
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I hate drunks that get violent and mean :rolleyes: Or really emotional for no reason..

Everytime I have a few drinks, it's like I took 5 ecstacy tablets.. since I'm already such a happy person, it intensifies so much :o I love it. I'm like a Care Bear when I get drunk. Drunkfun Bear. :D

TdF_DBLL
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
It's a lame excuse I agree, but you can use it as an explaination.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I hate alcohol. I hate drunk people who just want to have fun.

Perfection
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I hate alcohol. I hate drunk people who just want to have fun.

This coming from someone whose WTAworld persona is consisted of nothing but neutral shades of grey, black, & white.... why am I not surprised? :o

G1Player2
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:16 PM
This coming from someone whose WTAworld persona is consisted of nothing but neutral shades of grey, black, & white.... why am I not surprised? :o

:lol: Hey, new york (malik) is one of the nicest guys on wtaworld. And his black and white persona is who he is and it is very interesting to me. :)

Mattographer
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM
I was drunk at my 21st birthday party and I thought I remember what I did and what I saw but some friends told me different story when I met them again in another time and I really can't remember! :o :lol: I didn't passed out yet can't remember some parts, you know, like you denied what you have done? :p No, that wasn't an excuse but we laugh over it, anyway.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:57 PM

I'm also Comic Sans MS.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
:lol: Hey, new york (malik) is one of the nicest guys on wtaworld. And his black and white persona is who he is and it is very intersting to me. :)

;)

No Name Face
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
just :tape: :tape: :tape: to this thread.

i've definitely been too blunt when i'm drunk. it's rare, but it happens. but i pretty much say what i mean and mean what i say.

TF Chipmunk
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Let's just say...being drunk clouds your judgment...like causing one to have a girlfriend for over 3 months :tape:

Helen Lawson
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I used that excuse all the time for years, but now, I don't make excuses. If someone doesn't like what I say or do, fuck 'em!

controlfreak
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:42 PM
It could be mildly annoying if someone uses it for an excuse after killing your entire family in a car crash....

meyerpl
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I used that excuse all the time for years, but now, I don't make excuses. If someone doesn't like what I say or do, fuck 'em!
It's the booze talking. You'd never say that if you were sober.

SelesFan70
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:12 PM
just :tape: :tape: :tape: to this thread.

i've definitely been too blunt when i'm drunk. it's rare, but it happens. but i pretty much say what i mean and mean what i say.

What else have you done while you're drunk? :hehehe:

Helen Lawson
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM
It's the booze talking. You'd never say that if you were sober.

Hon, between booze and pills, how often am I really unimpaired these days? If people can't understand that drunk/high Helen doesn't mean it, then who needs them?

pancake
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Well said! :cool: :)

meyerpl
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Hon, between booze and pills, how often am I really unimpaired these days? If people can't understand that drunk/high Helen doesn't mean it, then who needs them?
:worship: :worship: :worship:

alfajeffster
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I have the natural tendency to unleash all of my thoughts, and have many times regretted letting cats out of bags so to speak. I don't know what it is about alcohol, it's kind of like a truth serum for me, but I've never used it as an excuse. If I'm lucky, I end sloshing with some straight guy who's getting trashed right along with me, and me being the wizened old alcoholic queen that I am, I get in a tummy rub, bicep squeeze, or smack on the ass without them getting too upset, but the "I was drunk" excuse just doesn't enter into it.

Dana Marcy
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:48 PM
One of my friends did something that was very hurtful towards me, and when I asked her why, she replied with the oh so common & typical phrase, "I WAS DRUUUUUUUU-UHNK!"

I'm sorry, but when I get drunk, I can control what I do. I know sometimes you say things that just blurt out, but that's as far as it does in my opinion. You can control your actions, it doesn't make you brainless.

Speaking of which, I really want to go wear my new Nosferatu vampire drag outfit to the gay club on Friday. :bounce:

Some people CAN'T and your friend who was hurtful is probably the type of drunk that purges all this pent up "stuff" when she gets plastered and of course is using it as excuse though she really meant every word of it. It's common and it's too bad but it just tells you that a lot of people don't say what they really mean, so much so that they explode when they have a few drinks. :sad:

meyerpl
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Some people CAN'T and your friend who was hurtful is probably the type of drunk that purges all this pent up "stuff" when she gets plastered and of course is using it as excuse though she really meant every word of it. It's common and it's too bad but it just tells you that a lot of people don't say what they really mean, so much so that they explode when they have a few drinks. :sad:
I agree. My father used to tell me that alcohol doesn't put ideas in your head, it lets them out.

Sally Struthers
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I don't drink very often and when I do I don't get drunk, so when I feel like being a hateful and spiteful bitch I just go ahead and do it with no excuses :o

No Name Face
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:27 AM
What else have you done while you're drunk? :hehehe:

slept with my friend's mothers.

M&M
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:57 AM
no, never!! i hate these kind of excuses... i am so fuckng mad on my bf today, well - now my ex!!! cause he was drunk and did something... lol... i could kill him... i fucking hate him, hje's a jerk... sorry for these kind of words, lol... but i am little bit drunk, wow - what an excuse... no, that uis no excuse, it's just what am thinking rihght now, and that fucking makes me cry, ghe hurt me so much... i mean, i am so sad... damn it... why...`?

meyerpl
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:27 AM
slept with my friend's mothers.
Now this thread is getting somewhere!

meyerpl
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:29 AM
no, never!! i hate these kind of excuses... i am so fuckng mad on my bf today, well - now my ex!!! cause he was drunk and did something... lol... i could kill him... i fucking hate him, hje's a jerk... sorry for these kind of words, lol... but i am little bit drunk, wow - what an excuse... no, that uis no excuse, it's just what am thinking rihght now, and that fucking makes me cry, ghe hurt me so much... i mean, i am so sad... damn it... why...`?
I'm sorry for your pain. :hug:

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM

I am a little different then most of you, I think. Instead of letting cats out of bags I LIE when I get drunk. I honestly just start making stuff up. Let's just say sometimes I'd rather I told the TRUTH :tape: :tape: :tape:

meyerpl
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I am a little different then most of you, I think. Instead of letting cats out of bags I LIE when I get drunk. I honestly just start making stuff up. Let's just say sometimes I'd rather I told the TRUTH :tape: :tape: :tape:
Do you start making outlandish claims, like you invented the question mark?

Solitaire
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:56 AM
No matter how drunk u are u know what ur doing. U may do something that u wouldnt normally do but it's no excuse.

RainyDays
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:07 AM
It could be mildly annoying if someone uses it for an excuse after killing your entire family in a car crash....

I agree.

But first, I think it wouldn't be a problem if someone called me a soulless **** or something while being drunk and then apologized for it later, saying '"'m so sorry; i was drunk"

But controlfreak's post is absolutely true. God forbid something like that happens to my family; i get extremely upset and annoyed if i hear about a car full of people dying because a drunk driver got behind the wheel.

Reuchlin
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Do you start making outlandish claims, like you invented the question mark?
No, I make up believable things. It's generally nothing outlandish like, "I'm Donald Trumps Love Child" but I will tell girls that I have had a thing for them for years...when it's not the truth at all!!

ceiling_fan
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I use that excuse :p but not when i've hurt people or anything like that