PDA

View Full Version : It's getting harder to be a fan of Ivanovic

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
well I just saw summer commitments and yet again a prima donna Ana is taking the whole summer season off. Mind you it could be said that she took the first half of the year off too.

This despite the fact she is in a slump with her ranking falling , in horrible shape and form . I have never seen a player who is less ambitious and more stubborn and who is willing to waste their talent. Just a complete ball of frustration right now :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
i am sure she will commit some places

Dexter
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
she doesn't need fans like you. period.

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM
i am sure she will commit some places

I am seeing she didn't

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:53 PM
you complain too much.

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:54 PM
she doesn't need fans like you. period.

let's not get personal ;)
Are you saying she has done well and as expected this year? Is she better or worse than last year?

Piotr'ek
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM
wasting talent, not progressing - i was saying this long time ago :o

Dexter
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM
let's not get personal ;)
Are you saying she has done well and as expected this year? Is she better or worse than last year?
it's definitely tough time for her and she needs to settle down. of couse I'd like to see her getting into RG Semis as Nicole or winning titles... but hey life is not sweet all the time... Im sure she has plenty of great moments to offer to her honest fans :)

Slumpsova
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:10 PM
as long as she come back thunderous after those holidays, i'm fine with that. no more play 2 matches per tournament like the last 6 months.

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Ana is all hype, she's not that good as far as I have seen.

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM

Then you haven't seen her play.... Or you are not thinking.

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Then you haven't seen her play.... Or you are not thinking.

I've seen her play many times.

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
It's getting harder to be a fan of Ivanovic
well I just saw summer commitments and yet again a prima donna Ana is taking the whole summer season off. Mind you it could be said that she took the first half of the year off too.

This despite the fact she is in a slump with her ranking falling , in horrible shape and form . I have never seen a player who is less ambitious and more stubborn and who is willing to waste their talent. Just a complete ball of frustration right now :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

And you call your self a fan? She is better without "fans" like you. Either you support a player, or not.

On the other side, you should get some informations about Ana first, and then start a thread like this.

Did she ever say she will take the whole summer season of? I happen to do some things for her officiall web site, and I didn't hear such a thing. Maybe you are her manager, but the rest of us on this board are noa aware of that? Or you are actually Ana, who is taking a season of just because of dedicating to wtaworld and starting threads like this?

Belco
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
pffffffffffft

she dun need fans like you

Dexter
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I've seen her play many times.you must have some kind of problem with Ana as whenever her plot is here you're always here to criticize her :confused:

The_Pov
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Cut Ana some slack, she's doing well for herself and she's only 18.

Yeah she may not have achieved as much as Sharapova and Vaidisova but she's doing well in comparison to the other teenagers.

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:30 PM
you must have some kind of problem with Ana as whenever her plot is here you're always here to criticize her :confused:

No I'm not, this about the 3rd time I've ever replied to a message about her.

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Then you have seen how great groundstrokes and serve she has? I mean, I know she doesn't move very well, and she can improve in many waya, but she does have great potential. To bad it is still on the "has great potential" stadium, she is 18 years old, but I really think we are yet to see her and her game....

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:32 PM

She is good she is very powrful the only thing now is that she is taking time off so what????? maybe she just doesn't want to spend the whole summer in the USA maybe she just don't wanna play or she is tired or something I don't see any problem with that and that doesn't mean that she will play bad after this :confused: .

Ravsieg
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:33 PM
She's very good, but she needs to be less diva-ish and lose some weight.

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:33 PM
ana had an ambitious schedule for the first half of the year. i still haven't seen any information about her schedule for the time after wimbledon, so i think it's too early to complain.

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
She's very good, but she needs to be less diva-ish and lose some weight.

Where did you get the impression she acts like diva? I watch her every matc for a long time, and I really didn't see that anytime.

Belco
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
maybe she has a boyfriend now? :lol:

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Then you have seen how great groundstrokes and serve she has? I mean, I know she doesn't move very well, and she can improve in many waya, but she does have great potential. To bad it is still on the "has great potential" stadium, she is 18 years old, but I really think we are yet to see her and her game....

Well time will tell how good she will be.

A'DAM
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:36 PM
:retard:

Dexter
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
She's very good, but she needs to be less diva-ish and lose some weight.:bs: honestly, I haven't read biggest bs for ages... have you ever met her? :tape:

Piotr'ek
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM

so true :worship:

Then you have seen how great groundstrokes and serve she has?
serve? :tape:
groundstrokes? no, only fh.

She's very good, but she needs to be less diva-ish
noticed that too :o

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Nicole Vaidisova is already streets ahead of Ana in terms of promise and current ability.

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:53 PM
lol @ the idea of ana being diva-ish. i mean, if you don't like a player, fair enough, but you don't need to invent stuff to hate her, do you?

Dexter
Nicole Vaidisova is already streets ahead of Ana in terms of promise and current ability.that's good for her and I'm really happy she keeps on working and improving :yeah:

Danči Dementia
She is not Diva I have never seen that atitude in her . :mad:
Her serve is great and her groudstrokes as well. :)
And yeah perhaps she needs to loose a little of weigth. :)

She is 18 and she only will get better. she has potential and she will prove it.

GO ANA :)

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:54 PM
that's good for her and I'm really happy she keeps on working and improving :yeah:

We agree on that then :bounce:

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM
1) Ignore the troll(s)
2) Wait till she announces her schedule
3) Cut the drama

Thanks.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I love Ana's game. When i saw some of her matches, i was like damn, who will def her easily.
then :retard:
I hope she'll do big things, i would love to & she's able. Let's hope for her. But i do understand why ezekiel, as a big fan, can be upset.

Good luck Ana.

Dexter
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:56 PM
We agree on that then :bounce:and I'm afraid that's all we can agree on in this thread :tape:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM
The thing that worries me the most is that she actually might NOT be acting like a prima donna. Maybe there's something wrong physically or personally, and that's what would be the worst thing... :hug:

Dasha_
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Nicole Vaidisova is already streets ahead of Ana in terms of promise and current ability.

Yes, and that's a great thing to see. I am very happy for Nikki, I like her so much. I hope Ana will do something like that also....

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Yes, and that's a great thing to see. I am very happy for Nikki, I like her so much. I hope Ana will do something like that also....

:worship: :worship:

I would love to see Ana doing the same thing as Nikki :) .

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
it's definitely tough time for her and she needs to settle down. of couse I'd like to see her getting into RG Semis as Nicole or winning titles... but hey life is not sweet all the time... Im sure she has plenty of great moments to offer to her honest fans :)

She can take 6 months off if she wants to learn how to be professional and competitive .
There is no point showing out of shape to a random tournament once a month only to be defeated by any decent player. She needs a complete overhaul of her mindset

Maybe then she will learn that the only thing anybody knows her is tennis and she can be just as easily forgotten like many others have if she doesn't keep it up. As a matter of fact only die hard fans even care for her anymore because she hasn't shown anything but pathetic results this year , way below her potential

And you are right , you have to work to make success, it doesn't come if you wait for it. And please don't imply you are honest and someone else is dishonest, challenge my points please, don't attack my credibility just because you may not like to talk about it

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Why can't you be a fan even if she weren't playing?

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM
She can take 6 months off if she wants to learn how to be professional and competitive .
There is no point showing out of shape to a random tournament once a month only to be defeated by any decent player. She needs a complete overhaul of her mindset

Maybe then she will learn that the only thing anybody knows her is tennis and she can be just as easily forgotten like many others have if she doesn't keep it up. As a matter of fact only die hard fans even care for her anymore because she hasn't shown anything but pathetic results this year , way below her potential
And you are right , you have to work to make success, it doesn't come if you wait for it. And please don't imply you are honest and someone else is dishonest, challenge my points please, don't attack my credibility just because you may not like to talk about it

Well now I really understand your point I think you are angry at her 'cos you know what she is able to do and it frustates you that you don't see any diference in her you know she can get better but you don't see her trying hard enough . am I correct :confused:

Scotso
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Ana knows what is best for her.

Go Ana :D

Ravsieg
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:01 PM
To all the people who commented my diva comment:

I'm speaking because I heard that she's always nice to the fans but to the friends and other players she acts somewhat like a diva. And no, sorry, I won't tell my source.

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:02 PM
And you call your self a fan? She is better without "fans" like you. Either you support a player, or not.

On the other side, you should get some informations about Ana first, and then start a thread like this.

Did she ever say she will take the whole summer season of? I happen to do some things for her officiall web site, and I didn't hear such a thing. Maybe you are her manager, but the rest of us on this board are noa aware of that? Or you are actually Ana, who is taking a season of just because of dedicating to wtaworld and starting threads like this?

Yeah I am a fan and I only care about her tennis. Everything else comes afterwards and as a fan I've been disappointed time and again as she has played way below her potential . I support a player and in a sense I support her when I criticise her as well. Hopefully you can understand that .

As far as Ana, you can go see commitments in tournaments pages, her name is nowhere to be found in tournaments after wimbledon. Can you confirm otherwise?
She did that last year where she missed the whole summer season and came to USO out of shape and apparently injured . Considering how this year went so far where she had no results to speak of , it's not looking promising at all. She said she wants to be top ten but she is not close to that right now . She needs to be told that she has to play full schedule and get commited to the game for that.

Her fitness and desire is a big question mark . She will only get in shape when she starts playing and that includes playing lower tier tournaments . Other players like Vaidisova are no more talented than her but even with restrictions they play smart schedule and progress accordingly and are in great shape and have results to show for that. With all of her restricted schedule and I am going to take it my way , what has Ana got to show for it?
I am afraid not much.

azdaja
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM
As far as Ana, you can go see commitments in tournaments pages, her name is nowhere to be found in tournaments after wimbledon. Can you confirm otherwise?
i have just visited the stanford and san diego pages and in stanford they don't have an entry list yet and in san diego only 14 players are listed, so why all the drama?

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Why can't you be a fan even if she weren't playing?

You can like whomever you want and I don't like someone just because of their game either but we only know these players because of tennis .

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
i have just visited the stanford and san diego pages and in stanford they don't have an entry list yet and in san diego only 14 players are listed, so why all the drama?

Yeah and plus Ana is a seeded player she can get in any tournament :) .

Look Dementieva wasn0't supossed to play any tournament sice Miami until RG and she played in like 4???

I'm sure Ana will play before the USO.

Ezekiel I think you started this thing prematurily I don't think you are sure if Ana will not play. How can you be sure?????

muniu
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah I am a fan and I only care about her tennis. Everything else comes afterwards and as a fan I've been disappointed time and again as she has played way below her potential . I support a player and in a sense I support her when I criticise her as well. Hopefully you can understand that .

She did that last year where she missed the whole summer season and came to USO out of shape and apparently injured . Considering how this year went so far where she had no results to speak of , it's not looking promising at all. She said she wants to be top ten but she is not close to that right now . She needs to be told that she has to play full schedule and get commited to the game for that.

Her fitness and desire is a big question mark . She will only get in shape when she starts playing and that includes playing lower tier tournaments . Other players like Vaidisova are no more talented than her but even with restrictions they play smart schedule and progress accordingly and are in great shape and have results to show for that. With all of her restricted schedule and I am going to take it my way , what has Ana got to show for it?
I am afraid not much.
:bounce:

She was 17 and she had tournament restrict! ;)

muniu
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I think taht she'll play Standford San Diego and Toronto:D

marypower
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:27 PM
you must have some kind of problem with Ana as whenever her plot is here you're always here to criticize her :confused:
This is why. Here H2H against furrykitten's favorites ;)

Against Kirilenko Ivanovic leads 2-1
Against Chakvetadze Ivanovic leads 3-1

What furry is doing is called hating ;) :angel:

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Well now I really understand your point I think you are angry at her 'cos you know what she is able to do and it frustates you that you don't see any diference in her you know she can get better but you don't see her trying hard enough . am I correct :confused:

I am disappointed in her commitment to the game and that's her only problem right now. If she were commited everything else would follow. It's very frustrating to see her waste her talent for nothing :(

ezekiel
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah and plus Ana is a seeded player she can get in any tournament :) .

Look Dementieva wasn0't supossed to play any tournament sice Miami until RG and she played in like 4???

I'm sure Ana will play before the USO.

Ezekiel I think you started this thing prematurily I don't think you are sure if Ana will not play. How can you be sure?????

She didn't play last year so it's not anything new and surely if she wanted to play and had commited early we would see her name among others.

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
She didn't play last year so it's not anything new and surely if she wanted to play and had commited early we would see her name among others.

Well then I guess that the only thing that we can do is wait to see if she will play or not.
Ok :)
:wavey:

vutt
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
LOL! So not a single poster have agreed with ezekiel critizism towards her scedule! Hm..

Joana
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:59 PM
LOL! So not a single poster have agreed with ezekiel critizism towards her scedule! Hm..

I would agree if I knew her schedule. I definitely do not want to see her play only one tournament before the US Open.

matija-seles
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Gosh, yet another stupid thread and comments from ezekiel! Ana is working really hard to prepare herself for every tournament she plays. You actually don't know her schedule and still try to criticize her !? Ana is only 18 years old, so she can't play 25+ tournaments per year now 'cause her body won't hold up. She decides her schedule with people who pretty much know what is good for her. Maybe this season is not the best one, but it surely can not be described as bad. Anci is trying hard to play her best and I know that she will make great results in the future.

matija-seles
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Forgot to mention one issue : Ana is definately NOT diva of any kind. She is by far the nicest and kindest player I've met in my life.

*JR*
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Everyone is omitting a little detail: she'll soon have a new coach, who will of course have a say re. her schedule. (As Ste. Joana basically said, everybody just calm down and wait).

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:37 AM
a little bit offtopic but.....is she or was she dating that new jock Novak Djokovic? They look cute in the pics of them together eating dinner at his site. what's going on with that?

azdaja
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:39 AM
a little bit offtopic but.....is she or was she dating that new jock Novak Djokovic? They look cute in the pics of them together eating dinner at his site. what's going on with that?
they both denied this. they have been friends since their childhood.

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:41 AM
thans azdaja ;-) maybe ana is his secret girlfriend...lol.

anyways my wishes to ana ivanovic to harness her power and talent and become a force in the women's game.

Derek.
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Ana :smash:

She's struggling with her confidence. Give the girl a break. :o

Derek.
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Forgot to mention one issue : Ana is definately NOT diva of any kind. She is by far the nicest and kindest player I've met in my life.

Yes, but ~Kirilenko#1Fan~ and I know one of Ana's hitting partners and he said she carries a diva attitude behind the scenes.

azdaja
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yes, but ~Kirilenko#1Fan~ and I know one of Ana's hitting partners and he said she carries a diva attitude behind the scenes.
blablabla

"Sluggy"
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:13 PM
maybe she's playing it conservative? Seeing how so many players feel burnout, maybe she is just playing safe?

©@®eLess
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:30 PM
i'm so happy Serbia has two players in top30. Many countries will never get that. What's wrong in being ranked #23, she's 18-there's 10 years more atleast for her to get on top. These days it's not good going up too early. What happened to Martina she took 3 years off, Kimi will retire next year, Dokic blew out, Bedanova as well, cause they wasted their talent to eatly. Ana is doing safe steps and i'd rather see her being ranked 15-25 all her carreer then being no.1 for 2 months and then retire when she's 23!

GO Ana!!!!!!! YOU RULEE!

lilimi
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Ana is a good player and her game is more complete than Maria S or Nicole, whose game can be sum up as 'hit as hard as you can and cross the fingers to have the ball in the court' :D !Ana had a good season last year, and it's a bit hard to confirm this year but it's normal(Sania Mirza or Gael Monfils until RG)...She's young, and i don't see any problem if she doesn't play every weeks!I prefer seeing her improving slowly than being on top and then plummeting because of injury or because she's tired of the game.She has everything to have a good career, she needs to improve physicaly, to develop her muscles (but not too much, lol), her runs, and to organize her game. Mats Wilander said few days ago that in WTA, few players have several levels in their game which allow them to adapt to different types of players, he talked about justine as an example. I think Ana takes part of these 'multi-level players' and that she must work on it.BE patient!Of course, I'm a fan of her, a proud fan and for me she's a star : intelligent, cute, talented and nice!GOOD LUCK ANA! :bounce:

Paneru
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:51 PM
These type of threads get
so annoying! :p

If it's hard, stop! ;)

Ana I'm sure won't go
into a tailspin because
you are no longer around. :cool:

Dasha_
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:01 PM
She's young, and i don't see any problem if she doesn't play every weeks!I prefer seeing her improving slowly than being on top and then plummeting because of injury or because she's tired of the game.

Well said!