PDA

View Full Version : Folks, its almost that time of year again......

V-MAC
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:32 PM
...........Sue Barker time!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :worship: She'll be gracing our screens next week on the Beeb with covering the Queen's tournament in London. She'll be at Eastbourne the week after. Then we'll have ultimate Sue at Wimbledon :D I can't wait. I only found out recently that she won a grand slam in her tennis career. Talented and beautiful :worship:

E. Blackadder
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Oh no! Sue & Henmania coming our way again :eek:

Derek.
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Oh no! Sue & Henmania coming our way again :eek:

With everyone sitting atop either Henman Hill or Mount Murray. Whichever they prefer. ;)

The_Pov
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I love Sue she's so great.

The_Pov
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM
With everyone sitting atop either Henman Hill or Mount Murray. Whichever they prefer. ;)

It will never be Murray Mount, NEVER I tell thee. :fiery:

Derek.
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM
It will never be Murray Mount, NEVER I tell thee. :fiery:

:crazy:

E. Blackadder
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:25 PM
you forgot about Rusedski's Rock :ras:

Declan
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
...........Sue Barker time!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :worship: She'll be gracing our screens next week on the Beeb with covering the Queen's tournament in London. She'll be at Eastbourne the week after. Then we'll have ultimate Sue at Wimbledon :D I can't wait. I only found out recently that she won a grand slam in her tennis career. Talented and beautiful :worship:

Sue was SUCH a frustrating player in her day. Her game was all based on confidence, and a bad loss could send her into a tailspin that lasted months, where she could literally lose to anyone. But on her day she was majestic, cracking her big forehand from all over the court. She won Roland Garros in 1976, in an admittedly weak-ish field with many of the top players involved in Team Tennis instead, but was also a Wimbledon semi-finalist, and three-times Australian Open semi-finalist. She peaked at 4 on the computer, was in three year-end Top Tens, had wins over all-time greats like Navratilova, Evert, King, Austin and Goolagong, but I also remember losses to the likes of Dianne Evers, Jane Preyer and Stephanie Tolleson! Sue Barker was erratic!!
She is an extremely likeable presenter, and very knowledgeable about tennis too, as you'd expect. I too always enjoy seeing her on the TV screens at any time, but particularly in the grass court tennis season.

Billy Moonshine
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM
OH sUE!
wHAT A dear she is!

E. Blackadder
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:45 PM
can't wait to hear sue "barking" about Henman and Murray

V-MAC
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Sue was SUCH a frustrating player in her day. Her game was all based on confidence, and a bad loss could send her into a tailspin that lasted months, where she could literally lose to anyone. But on her day she was majestic, cracking her big forehand from all over the court. She won Roland Garros in 1976, in an admittedly weak-ish field with many of the top players involved in Team Tennis instead, but was also a Wimbledon semi-finalist, and three-times Australian Open semi-finalist. She peaked at 4 on the computer, was in three year-end Top Tens, had wins over all-time greats like Navratilova, Evert, King, Austin and Goolagong, but I also remember losses to the likes of Dianne Evers, Jane Preyer and Stephanie Tolleson! Sue Barker was erratic!!
She is an extremely likeable presenter, and very knowledgeable about tennis too, as you'd expect. I too always enjoy seeing her on the TV screens at any time, but particularly in the grass court tennis season.

wow that's surprising :eek: she always struck me as being a very confident and positive person who wouldn't have let loses like that get to her so much. maybe she has changed over the years ;) She is just so enthusiastic all the time when she presents :) She is also a great interviewer, she puts the players at total ease, I always remember her on-court chat with Venus right after she won Wimbledon in 2000, was so nice and funny.

Craigy
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
WIMBLEDON :hearts:

gentenaire
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:59 PM
As long as Rusedski's wife stays away, I'm happy.

venus_rulez
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Damn you! I thought this thread was about Nathalie Tauziat!! :tape:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM

i love sue

but to call the french open field in 76 weak-ish is very generous. at the time sue was ranked 18 in the world and yet she was the no. 1 seed!

cant wait to have her on tv everyday-30mins a week of a question of sport is not enough!

Viktymise
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I cant wait, 2 weeks of non stop tennis and ill be recording it all cant wait :)

Declan
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM
i love sue

but to call the french open field in 76 weak-ish is very generous. at the time sue was ranked 18 in the world and yet she was the no. 1 seed!

cant wait to have her on tv everyday-30mins a week of a question of sport is not enough!

Fair point, but there were several excellent clay court experts in the field, like former finalist Helga Masthoff, and future winners Virginia Ruzici and Mima Jausovec, as well as perennial top players of the future like Wendy Turnbull and Regina Marsikova, and solid top twenty players like Kathy May, Marita Redondo, Renata Tomanova and Lesley Hunt..it wasn't even remotely comparable to the dire Australian Open draws of the later Seventies.

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I hope it will be Maria's Magical Mountain

Libertango
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Gotta love Sue! :hearts: :kiss: :worship:

She won the French in 1976 I *think*.

:inlove:
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Sue Barker is one fine bit of love-meat. :lick: :haha:

furrykitten
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Sue is very lovely bubbly lady:)

V-MAC
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
yes Lucy Rusedski is :o She's got a right old gob on her too.

gmak
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM
sue :hearts:

and most of all .... Wimbledon :drool: :drool: :aparty:

Supersolly
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Sue on a "question of sport" is hilarious, the crap she takes from Ally and Matt, and throws back is class!

AceTennisGrrrl
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:31 PM
She always flirtsd with Andy Roddick and he flirts with her back :lol:

Shes such a cool lady :D