PDA

View Full Version : Question for people living in Slam cities.

daffodil
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:41 PM
In Toronto, whenever the Leafs make the Stanley Cup playoffs, the news on TV, the people, the cars honking....everything for the time that they're winning is all about the Stanley Cup (cuz Toronto, and CANADA is hockey crazed)...

I would like to know, from people living in Melbourne, Paris, London, and New York, is this what it is like during tennis slams?

raquel
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I think in London this year, the World Cup will overshadow Wimbledon but it will still be a big event with lots of coverage obviously. It will still be televised from the first ball hit to the last every day. It's in the news and newspapers every day it's on and people who don't normally watch tennis, usually watch some Wimbledon. Last year both finals had over 50% of all TV viewers watching so it's a big event when it comes to town ;)

johnoo
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:54 PM
well in london it depends on how well a british player does,otherwise nowt happens,if england win the world cup though people will go crazy :) and if england do do well at the world cup I think wimbledon will get very little press coverage no matters what happens in the tennis,also as every match is showing live it will affect tv coverage unless you have interactive.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:00 PM
London is a far too big a city for it to wholly get over-excited by Wimby.
20miles across each way :o

The_Pov
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:31 PM
The world cup will completely overshadow wilmbledon here this year. It'll probably get a lot of attention when Tim, Greg and Andrew but that'll be it.