PDA

View Full Version : Breakout Tournament

dagamezbest
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:16 AM
There are alot of really good teenagers in the top 100 who are waiting on that breakout tournoment to shoot up the rankings. Players such as Elena Vesnina, Emma Laine, Jamea Jackson, Svetana Pironkova, Viktoriya Kutuzova and Meng Yuan. I believe the Jamea Jackson is the closest one so far because she has been playing great againt the top players this year and she might be ready to make her move. Who do you guys think it will be?

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Svetana Pironkova already had her "break out event." She hasn't played much, but looks promising.

RJWCapriati
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Jackson

dagamezbest
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Svetana does look very promising but ive seen her play and I think she needs a bit more vareity to her game before she is ready to make that jump.

Modiac.
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Pironkova,Vania and Meng. :)

AaronJoyB
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Azarenka

-sugi-
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Eva Birnerova could be so much better than her rank 107. Her career high is 95 and she could be a very good player in the top 50 maybe 40. Her problem though is consistency and belief. She can have one great tournament the next and the next one will be really poor. She qualified for Roland Garros this year and gave Chakvetadze a run for her money before losing in two tight sets and losing the most important points. Eva is a very nice player to watch and nice to the fans also. I would love to see her ranked higher. She is turning 22 in August

Emma Laine is another girl I expect to break out soon this year or early next year.

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Vika Kutuzova Definitely.She has the game to challeng TOP players.
As well as Elena Vesnina.She always has tight matches and already has a top 10 victory.

ghosts
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:33 AM
guys, it's Tsvetana Pironkova ... ;)

Geoffry
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Eva Birnerova is still a teenager? :eek: When I saw her at Hasselt, I thought she was in her mid-twenties. :o

EDIT: I just looked it up and she's almost 22. Altho, when I saw her, she had just turned twenty. I guess I'm not very good at guessing someone's age. :p

Carmen Mairena
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Vesnina I think!

dagamezbest
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Vesnina is a real good player.

Viktymise
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:53 PM
guys, it's Tsvetana Pironkova ... ;)
I was about to say the same thing, ye i think Tsveti has a good chance on grass because she hits the ball very hard, i have a feeling she could have a good run this week in Birmingham and hopefully in Wimbledon aswell, she needs to improve her serve a bit but she has showed she can hit with the big hitters already this year, she is fast becoming one of my faves id say she is in my top 5 right now and she has potential to be my 3rd fav. Also Kutuzova plays pretty good too, played well against LenaD at RG but in 3 sets lena can be almost unbeatable but her game will be good on grass aswell, so i think Pironkova and Kutuzova could be 2 dangerous floaters at Wimbledon and could pull off an upset or 2 but hopefull its not against Vee and LenaD :)

Ellery
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Meng and Lena V!

dagamezbest
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I forgot to add Azarenka to the list she is another good one as well.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Vika Azarenka for sure, her game is huge. :worship:

Gowza
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:06 AM
i would say azarenka, she's still young, has talent. although i expected her career to have taken off quicker than it has.

waratahsrock
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Definately Vika Azarenka :D
Only a matter of time before she bursts up the rankings!

dagamezbest
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Well looks like Jamea was the one who made it first out of these girls. Most people voted for Kutuzova but she lost first round here. Now lets how Jamea can keep this form up and take the title.

Rexman
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'd argue making the 4th round in Australia WAS a breakout tournament for Vesnina.

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 18th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Some might argue Jamea had hers already, her FedCup wins. That was a pretty huge moment in her career and since she's only one win away from 'this' being the VERY best moment (to date,) in her career, I have to give her my vote.

The thing about a breakthrough moment, or break'out', is that often times they don't actually occur at the slams. When Serena finally turned the tables on Jen it was at a smaller tournament, same goes for Serena and Venus. When Serena beat Venus in Miami it was definitely a breakout moment for her that set her up on her incredible run at the slams.