PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have spanish Euro-sport

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Is Sanchez-Vicario (overly) bias as a commentator during Sveta matches ?

thomas.chung
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:42 AM
define bias please, was she bad-mouthing Justine or something? cause this question is pretty broad and bias in anyone's ear could be anything.

spiceboy
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM
From this year Arantxa is working for TVE (Spanish public TV) and yes, she is commentating Sveta's matches. Funny how the first interview on court Sveta did after her semis match was with Arantxa in an inmaculate Spanish :worship:

BTW, Alex Corretja is commentating the men's matches and it is actually Conchita Martínez the one commentating in Eurosport. So at the same time we can only have to go from one channel to another to listen to either Arantxa or Conchita :lol:

spiceboy
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
define bias please, was she bad-mouthing Justine or something? cause this question is pretty broad and bias in anyone's ear could be anything.

Yes, she was obviously going for Sveta but she was behaving :angel:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM
O sea, yes, o sea, yo creo que, yes, very biased, o sea, yo creo que... :tape:

Conchita is a way better commentator! :yeah: And not a pija! :rolleyes:

Allez-H
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Arantxa said on belgian tv in a live-interview before the match that Justine was going to win because she was better, so I really don't think she's bias on tv. She has a preference obviously, but on tv she seems tip-top professional

propi
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Watching yesteday final was like a brainwash season, since Sveta trained in Spain apparently the whole country wanted her to win instead Justine :rolleyes: I guess I will have to move from here :help:
IMO Arantxa tried unfruitfully to be neutral but she failed.
A Belgian friend and I were talking about it and he was utterly pissed for Arantxa's bias...

LadyLil
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM
O sea, yes, o sea, yo creo que, yes, very biased, o sea, yo creo que... :tape:

Conchita is a way better commentator! :yeah: And not a pija! :rolleyes:

What is a "pija"?

propi
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM
What is a "pija"?
Pija can be both posh (as Victoria Beckham) or d*ck (as David Beckham :p)

JonBcn
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry, but ASV's commentary and TV presence has been a million times better than Conchita, who has given some wooden performances at best. Still, its new for her and I'm sure she'll improve.

I think Arantxa did a good job of not appearing overly biased yesterday. Its no secret that they're great friends (did anyone else spot her and Sveta were wearing the same necklace yesterday?), so why should she try to hide that? In my opinion, Corretja made much less of an effort to disguise his thrill at every Nadal winner.

Alvarillo
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:46 PM
i only know that is marvellous to have 3 former great players as tv commentators
Alex is simply amazing and very funny, but Arantxa and Conchita do well to!