PDA

View Full Version : Errorfest???

VS Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I put this in another thread but there were no responses.

The RG final had 68 unforced errors vs only 33 winners.

My contention is... had this been a Venus vs Serena final commentators AND non-fans would have been SCREAMING that the match was very low quality.

I haven't seen much of this this time.

Double standard?? Comments???

The_Pov
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Unlike the ATP, the WTA seems to be all about the errors now, it seems players just try and score less errors than their oponents, hence why Venus has been beaten by some unkowns.

VS Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:41 PM
The POV:

That MUST be Maria in your aviator.....
All I can say is "Smoking Hot"

The_Pov
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
The POV:

That MUST be Maria in your aviator.....
All I can say is "Smoking Hot"

Thank you

Fedcup
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
As a Heninfan I have to admit it was an errorfest.

It was not great to watch. The only positive factor was that there was tension for the public till the end. Cause it was a close match.
Would it have been the 2 williamses then their would be no tension for the public cause it's between the family. And then the public has nothing to watch,root for.
So the close match/tension made the errorfest for a small part an ok match.

Rexman
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM
1. It's clay, always gonna be a lot of errors.

2. Roland Garros doesn't give much in the "Forced Errors" so any miss pretty much counts as an unforced error.

If it was grass and they gave those numbers, then I do think people would be muttering about poor quality.

The_Pov
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM
As a Heninfan I have to admit it was an errorfest.

It was not great to watch. The only positive factor was that there was tension for the public till the end. Cause it was a close match.
Would it have been the 2 williamses then their would be no tension for the public cause it's between the family. And then the public has nothing to watch,root for.
So the close match/tension made the errorfest for a small part an ok match.

What? No tension when the sisters play, I find their matches against each other very tense.

Ryan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I think it was low quality, because it was. There were some really nice rallies, but way too many BAD misses. Maybe it's just because the French final hasn't been this competitive in 4 years.

VS Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Fedcup:

Well I would have rooted for Serena... or maybe Venus or... shit, I don't know.

I guess you have a very good point!!

The_Pov
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Fedcup:

Well I would have rooted for Serena... or maybe Venus or... shit, I don't know.

I guess you have a very good point!!

I always root for the sister who needs the win more.

In 2002 and 2003 it was alway Venus.

Fedcup
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:54 PM
What? No tension when the sisters play, I find their matches against each other very tense.

not for the public. It's like a 2 russians or 2 belgians final.

The_Pov
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:56 PM
not for the public. It's like a 2 russians or 2 belgians final.

Well that depends on who are supporting when the sisters play, I always root for the one who needs the win more. If serena and venus were to play at the USO I would root for Serena.

wally1
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I put this in another thread but there were no responses.

The RG final had 68 unforced errors vs only 33 winners.

My contention is... had this been a Venus vs Serena final commentators AND non-fans would have been SCREAMING that the match was very low quality.

I haven't seen much of this this time.

Double standard?? Comments???Paranoia???

It was such a dull final (unless you're Belgian or a big Justine fan), that I doubt anyone could be bothered to start screaming about it one way or another... Still a great achievement from Henin though.