PDA

View Full Version : Navratilova=rude/Why didn't ASV present the trophy?

ASV
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Martina Navratilova is rude. Who noticed her joking around with Henin while the Belgian national anthem was playing. Martina needs to realize she is no longer in the spotlight and learn to share it, at least.

Martina won twice.

Arantxa dominated. Why has ASV not presented that freaking Lenglen trophy yet, let alone this year? Do people not understand "living legend"?

up!
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
perhaps next year!!
christian bimes wanted to offer a drawing to navratilova in addition lol

hingis-seles
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Ugh. I can't deal with shit like this right now.

pigam
wow, so even at 49 a player can still have haters!
go martina :bowdown:

ASV
exactly!

martina wasnt that great on clay. why would they offer her some huge drawing? they treat her the way ASV should be.

ASV
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:01 PM
im not a hater, but asv was obviously passed over.

samn
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:39 PM
exactly!

martina wasnt that great on clay.

Um, no, sorry, anyone who beats Chris "Frickin' Queen of Clay" Evert 6-2 6-0 (Amelia Island '84), 6-3 6-1 (Roland Garros '84), and 6-2 6-2 (Roland Garros '87) on clay, and wins the French title twice in six final appearances (denied only by seven-time champ, Evert, and six-time champ, Graf) is a bloody all-time great on clay, no matter what you think.

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Oh, get over it please. What was wrong with her joking around? I don't even like the woman that much. I must say she looked very good today.

tennislover
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Martina [Navratilova] won twice.

Arantxa dominated.

pffffffff if you consider the sheer talent,
Martina :Arantxa = a precious diamond: a lemon candy

arn
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe the bonds between ASV and Kuznetsova are too close to make her a neutral person to give out the trophy in this final, just a guess :)

up!
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Sveta and Martina are very close too

Elske
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe the bonds between ASV and Kuznetsova are too close to make her a neutral person to give out the trophy in this final, just a guess :)
Martina & Sveta are close too, remember US Open 2004 + they played doubles together

anyway, i don't think any belgian was offended by what Martina did during the national anthem, so no need to complain about that :p :p

FrenchY52
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Did you hear the crowd when she come into the court ??

arn
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Sveta and Martina are very close too

true, I should think more before I write something ;)

Bероника
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Sorry I just don't see how she was rude :confused:

The Daviator
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I didn't like the way she started bowing and waving, they didn't come out to see you Martina :o

up!
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM
perhaps mauresmo should have presented the trophy ceremony...
at least, she'd have had suzanne menglen cup in her hand once in her life...
and she's both close to sveta & juju

VeeDaQueen
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
does it fucking matter :rolleyes:

arn
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:22 PM

I don't think she's that close to Justine anymore :tape:

harloo
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Oh lord, What are you talking about? It's not that serious. I didn't watch the match because I knew what the result would be. B-O-R-I-N-G!

I am not a fan of Martina's but this is no reason to criticize her.

tennislover
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Oh lord, What are you talking about? It's not that serious. I didn't watch the match because I knew what the result would be. B-O-R-I-N-G!

I am not a fan of Martina's but this is no reason to criticize her.

ditto

Pureracket
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Was it me, but was Martina kinda HOT!?

arn
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Yeah, don't know what it was, but there was something different about her, she looked waaaayyyyy better :yeah:

samn
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:42 PM

It wasn't just you. I thought so too. When she first walked out on court, my first thought really was, "Wow! Martina looks sexy." The outfit and the hairstyle really suited her. Then again, I've always considered Navratilova an attractive woman, except for the 87-91 period when she had the hideous mullet "punk" hairdo.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Um, no, sorry, anyone who beats Chris "Frickin' Queen of Clay" Evert 6-2 6-0 (Amelia Island '84), 6-3 6-1 (Roland Garros '84), and 6-2 6-2 (Roland Garros '87) on clay, and wins the French title twice in six final appearances (denied only by seven-time champ, Evert, and six-time champ, Graf) is a bloody all-time great on clay, no matter what you think.

:yeah:

dav abu
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:08 PM
she is a legend and a lady and I thought it was great to see her. Sur whats the harm? Justine can say now she was presented the trophy by someone very special in the sport. I have to agree that she looked very well today ;)

janko
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Martina Navratilova is rude. Who noticed her joking around with Henin while the Belgian national anthem was playing. Martina needs to realize she is no longer in the spotlight and learn to share it, at least.

Martina won twice.

Arantxa dominated. Why has ASV not presented that freaking Lenglen trophy yet, let alone this year? Do people not understand "living legend"?

keep it easy ;)
Martina is a tennis legend and still in activity (that means still in the spotlight, even if in doubles), Arantxa is just a former number 1 and good fighter
I also think Arantxa is just to young to take part to that kind of ceremonies, 5 or 10 more years and she will travel around the world to have that kind of award and people will recognize all her acomplishments and so on...
Let's enjoy that she s a little incognito before :wavey:

Martina was looking very good and the audience applauded her more than the finalists :rolleyes:
I was stunned that she s looking so great at 50, I m really curious to see the current top players at such an avanced age

Martina rocks :)

anlavalle
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM

i don`t think she is close to juju these days and don`t be that mean with my sweetie Amelie :armed: :ras: , i hope she can hold that trophy one day

stenen
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Martina got her painting/poster because of during 21 years of her tennis career (singles) she won at least a one title during those years - two of them at RG. I think she looked great and as far as I could tell sitting in the crowd, people applauded sincerely for her accomplishments and this whole painting thing came to her as a surprise.

Justine Fan
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:05 AM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Scotso
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Wait... three times is considered "dominating" while twice is nothing?

eck
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:10 AM
What did she say?
Well at least she delivered that really cool line "Go women's tennis!"

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Maybe it's because Sanchez was WORKing at the time? You certainly wouldn't expect Mary C. to jump out of the CBS chair and hand out the trophy...

ps. Martina looked good. She's great for the sport, for sure.
The thing she did during the national Anthm. so kinda funny and cute. :lol: :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:13 AM
ingrate! :tape: :tape: :tape:

cellophane
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:17 AM

She looked great.

pierce0415
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:29 AM

:lol: :lol:

Shenanigans
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM

I don't think they were ever that close in the first place, they speak the same first language and got along that's all.

MistyGrey
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Martina cleaned up good! :worship:

But I have to say, she did try to steal the limelight.. :lol: But its Martina, with somebody as expressive as Martina, that is not unexpected.
But they invited Martina because apparently she had told the FFT that this was her last French Open. :tape: So they wanted to honour her one last time.
Didnt they send her off with standing ovations in 1994 and God knows how many times!

Orion
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:57 AM

They were both the 2nd best clay court players of their time, and Martina won the doubles there 7 times. In her first 7 appearances. That's a 42-0 record. She would have won probably 2-3 more had she played during the 76-80 period, during which she was 2nd only to Chris Evert on clay.

Maryamator
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
MARTINA IS A LEGEND! the end!

flyingmachine
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:03 AM
They seems to be enjoy themselves so what's wrong with that? :shrug:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, as if Miss AVSSVS isn't rude... :tape: If you were Spanish you'd know that she's actually rude... :tape:

As for Martina's joke, it wasn't rude at all... :rolleyes: Justine was laughing a lot! :yeah:

And BTW Martina is a legend! :bowdown: ASVSVV is not... :tape:

LefandePatty
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
:retard:

raquel
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Comparing Martina's records to ASV's is a pointless exercise, but I am sure ASV will get a day when she gives out the trophy. She has the 3rd best Open Era record at RG after Evert and Graf, so she'd have earned the right. Martina looked great though.

esdee
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I thought Martina was very emotional when she was speaking, it's not often you see her like that, normally she reels off a well polished thankyou speech but this obviously caught her on the hop.