PDA

View Full Version : Justine's speech

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Mostly, this question follows after a speech, so i 'll give in brief what Justine said, if anyone is interested

She first thanked the organisation and all the volunteers and ballboys and girls.

She thanked her husband and her coach for more than 10 years, Carlos. She said, I know you're too little too realise it yet, but manuel and matheo, you both give me so much, thank you!
She thanked family and friends and the crowd.

Ans in the end she thanked a special person who was in front of his TV and who couldn't be there. her hearts is with him, Denis*.

She will be back next year

* denis, could this be jean-denis Lejeune, the farther of the little girl Julie who was murdered by pedophile Dutroux?

auntie janie
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Merci, pigam. :)

She forgot to mention her friend Sveta! I bet she's mortified.

gladysharon
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:24 PM
who is this exactly? -- denis, could this be jean-denis Lejeune, the father of the little girl Julie who was murdered by pedophile Dutroux?

Chunchun
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Julie who? :confused: pedophile Dutroux who?

E. Blackadder
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Denis is probably one of the cancer-kids who couldn't make the trip to RG

FrenchY52
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
You forgot to say she thanked this public who only like this here, who is exceptionnal .. Sveta and Martina said the same thing ..
So now, shut up about the French Crowd

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Jean-Denis Lejeune is the father of Julie Lejeune, abducted along with Mélissa Russo in Belgium on June 24, 1995, and imprisoned in Marc Dutroux's cellar. She was 8 years old at the time. She died, probably of starvation, some time between December 6, 1995 and March 20, 1996. Jean-Denis Lejeune was one of the foremost leaders of a massive protest march (the "White March") of 300,000 people on the capital, Brussels, on October 20, 1996, in which demands were made for reforms of Belgium's police and justice system. Jean-Denis Lejeune is the founder of Child Focus.

Since 2005 he has been working with Claude Lelièvre, the Commissioner for Children Rights of the French (i.e., French-speaking) Community of Belgium.

Taken off WikiPedia.

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Jean-Denis Lejeune is the father of Julie Lejeune, abducted along with Mélissa Russo in Belgium on June 24, 1995, and imprisoned in Marc Dutroux's cellar. She was 8 years old at the time. She died, probably of starvation, some time between December 6, 1995 and March 20, 1996. Jean-Denis Lejeune was one of the foremost leaders of a massive protest march (the "White March") of 300,000 people on the capital, Brussels, on October 20, 1996, in which demands were made for reforms of Belgium's police and justice system. Jean-Denis Lejeune is the founder of Child Focus.

Since 2005 he has been working with Claude Lelièvre, the Commissioner for Children Rights of the French (i.e., French-speaking) Community of Belgium.

Taken off WikiPedia.
I'm not sure if she meant him, let this be clear.
It just that he is (was) a very close family friend of Justine's. see e.g. this article
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/01wim/stories/2001-07-08-henin.htm

auntie janie
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Wow, thanks for that link, pigam. I had never heard about this man who's so important in Justine's life. :hug:

Justineladivine
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I thought I knew everything about Justine but this Denis bit got me totally puzzled.
I don't think she was talking about Jean-Denis Lejeune though, even though she knows him personally

NaturalBlues
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I thought I knew everything about Justine but this Denis bit got me totally puzzled.
I don't think she was talking about Jean-Denis Lejeune though, even though she knows him personally
Uhm, yeah, I don't think she meant him either. It would be a strange time to suddenly come and say that now. I think she referred to one of the little cancer patients.

Don't want to think about the whole Dutroux-thing. So horrible.

auntie janie
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Well I hope one of the reporters will ask her in her PC, and that she'll clear it up for us.

**Jelica**
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I knew that this guy played an important part in her life... Dunno, could be him I guess, I'd like to know :confused:

cheo23
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
THANKS PIGAM!!!!!!!

WE LOVE U!!!:hearts:

robert6061
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hopefully Jusine may reveal the identity of Denis in one of her press interviews.

It is important never to forget the horrors of Marc Dutroux in order to ensure that lessons are learned and that depravity of this kind will never reoccur in the future.

Craigy
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Is she cheating? :devil:

LH2HBH
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Maybe it's her true lover, not her fake, gay husband.

MLF
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Well I hope one of the reporters will ask her in her PC, and that she'll clear it up for us.

Q. You dedicated part of your victory to Denis. Can we know who it is?
JUSTINE HENIN‑HARDENNE: No, it's something private. He was with me in difficult moments, and I wanted to say I was thinking about him today.

up!
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM
At least we didn't have the traditionnal "I want to have a thought to my Mum..."

Who are Manuel and Matheo?

turt
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Manuel and Matteo are Carlos Rodriguez' sons ;)

jj74
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I really don't understand all this shit about her husband, he is always supporting her, and it seems everybody in this forum knows more about the sexual life of her husband than Justine

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I really don't understand all this shit about her husband, he is always supporting her, and it seems everybody in this forum knows more about the sexual life of her husband than Justine
people are just laughing at her husband because they can't laugh at her tennis at the moment.
just like they laugh with Sharapova's dad

Allez-H
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Q. You dedicated part of your victory to Denis. Can we know who it is?
JUSTINE HENIN‑HARDENNE: No, it's something private. He was with me in difficult moments, and I wanted to say I was thinking about him today.

With that said, I really think that's Jean-Dennis Lejeune

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
With that said, I really think that's Jean-Dennis Lejeune
me too. i'm almost positive.
Julie and Melissa were kidnapped in june 1995.

thrust
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:46 PM
First, I am thrilled Justine won today! Somehow I got the impression that family she was referring to was the Rodriguez family which she is a part of, hence the loving statement to Manuel and Matteo. Whatever, I am very happy for her and wish her happiness and success for the rest of her carrer and life. Lets give Pierre a break! She obviously loves him. One should never judge a book by it^s cover.

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:47 PM

LMFAO:rolls:

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:59 PM
people are just laughing at her husband because they can't laugh at her tennis at the moment.
just like they laugh with Sharapova's dad

People have always laughed at her husband whether she was winning or not. :confused:

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
People have always laughed at her husband whether she was winning or not. :confused:
:yeah: :kiss:

Joana
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
me too. i'm almost positive.
Julie and Melissa were kidnapped in june 1995.

I remember that case very well... Terrifying... :sad:

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Congrats Juju ;) She put on a nice display ou there today, not exceptional by any means but then she didn't need to play her best tennis today to win, just did well what she had to do to win. geez, I'm congratulating Justine on a win :o, damn I must be getting ill.

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Congrats Juju ;) She put on a nice display ou there today, not exceptional by any means but then she didn't need to play her best tennis today to win, just did well what she had to do to win. geez, I'm congratulating Justine on a win :o, damn I must be getting ill.
could be cytamegalovirus, watch out. ;)

darrinbaker00
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
She actually referred to Pierre as her husband and not a member of her staff? :eek:

anlavalle
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:40 PM
First, I am thrilled Justine won today! Somehow I got the impression that family she was referring to was the Rodriguez family which she is a part of, hence the loving statement to Manuel and Matteo. Whatever, I am very happy for her and wish her happiness and success for the rest of her carrer and life. Lets give Pierre a break! She obviously loves him. One should never judge a book by it^s cover.

but he looks so gay that we can help us :lol: :lol: :lol:

anlavalle
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Merci, pigam. :)

She forgot to mention her friend Sveta! I bet she's mortified.

i bet that too :tape:

*JR*
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM

Taken off WikiPedia.
Child Focus has since been replicated across Europe (with global affiliates) LINK (http://www.childfocus.org/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_BE) and does some very valuable work re. children captured by the commercial sex trade, too. If you look @ the bottom of the page, you'll see the initials of a group that its totally free for websites to join: ICRA (the Internet Content Rating Association)... which WTA World does NOT belong to, though its quite well known among the operarators of large websites like this one.
:shrug:

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:15 PM
It's nice of Ju to dedicate to someone other than Carlos and PY. =)

Slumpsova
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:50 PM
why thanks to the husband who keeps travelling with you and has no job? :shrug:

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I guess he builds a strong security for her. He's been there with her through the up and down, just like Carlos. IMO, he gives her strength to compete.

SelesFan70
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I just noticed she didn't mention Svetlana at all. :o

At least she thanked the ball kids. :) :)

leviathane
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
In melbourne no congrats to Ame
In RG, no words about sweety sveta

:eek: :mad: :(

Shenanigans
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:26 AM
In melbourne no congrats to Ame
In RG, no words about sweety sveta

:eek: :mad: :(

Of course, Justine does not give a flying fuck about any of the other players she prefers GS titles to making friends on the tour. Although she has probably lost more friends than gained GS titles!

vejh
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Of course she congratulated Amelie ( I think). She said she played well, something like that. She forgot to thank Sveta, but all other times, win or lose, she's congratulated her opponents. IN her press conference she speaks about how good Sveta is etc, plus I'm sure she told Sveta herself. Please don't try so hard to find something to harp on. Give it a rest.

Filadidas
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:47 AM
If anything that you guys think Justine has missed in her speech... well... she will have another chance next year to make it up!!!!! ;)

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I think that at the net she was very warm: giving Sveta a warm embrace, and a personal congratulations. I think that matters a lot more than some phony "you did really well, blah blah blah."

miss_molik
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, she didn't thank sveta. But as Pagliacci said, she gave her a warm embrace etc.