PDA

View Full Version : Will Henin-Hardenne become world #1 soon after Wimbledon?

Jaffas85
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM
By the time Wimbledon concludes do you think it will be more than likely that Justine Henin Hardenne will be the new world #1, the sooner the better because despite what the computer rankings say she is the best player in the world *with Serena Williams "injured" and unmotivated*.

Hopefully she'll win Wimbledon to ensure a return to #1.

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Not after Wimbledon IMO... :scratch:

DragonFlame
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:24 PM
she'll get it eventually this year, the only reasonable points to defend is her torontofinalspot. ALLEZ JUSTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Filip!
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Can anyone post her points to defend for the rest of this year?

Callystarr
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:44 PM
No she will not be #1 after Wimbledon unless...Mauresmo, Clijsters, and Sharapova have a meltdown @ Wimbledon.

However, I still don't think she will get #1 unless she does very well during the US Open Series...in which she is not as effective on the faster hard courts as she is on the slower hard courts..carpet/clay events.

IceHock
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:45 PM
not after wimbledon,maybe closer to the end of the year.i can't see her going deep in wimbledon because she'll probably still be a little tired from fo.

Callystarr
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM
By the time Wimbledon concludes do you think it will be more than likely that Justine Henin Hardenne will be the new world #1, the sooner the better because despite what the computer rankings say she is the best player in the world *with Serena Williams "injured" and unmotivated*.

Hopefully she'll win Wimbledon to ensure a return to #1.

Even if she won Wimbledon she would not be ranked #1...If my calculations are correct. She would be #2

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I just hope she gets more than 2 points in Wimbledon. And I also hope it won't be Eleni Danilidou in her quarter. :D

.ivy.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I just hope she gets more than 2 points in Wimbledon. And I also hope it won't be Eleni Danilidou in her quarter. :D

Anything will be better than last year.

Off topic, but I love your avatar. Grey's Anatomy is like tennis for me, but I'm hating Patrick Dempsey more and more.

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I hope not!

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Anything will be better than last year.

Off topic, but I love your avatar. Grey's Anatomy is like tennis for me, but I'm hating Patrick Dempsey more and more.

Heheh, thanks. =)
Grey's Anatomy is also like tennis for me, even more, I think.
I have no feelings for him or any.
I like Sandra Oh/Kate Walsh/Chandra Wilson.
Awesomest cast ever. :P

.ivy.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Heheh, thanks. =)
Grey's Anatomy is also like tennis for me, even more, I think.
I have no feelings for him or any.
I like Sandra Oh/Kate Walsh/Chandra Wilson.
Awesomest cast ever. :P

Kate Walsh is like my girl crush. Patrick Dempsey doesn't deserve her. And Bailey delivers every line perfectly. :)

Drake1980
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:58 PM
she has no points to defend but Clijsters doesn't have many to defend herself so it will be tough.

kosmikgroove
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM
she has no points to defend but Clijsters doesn't have many to defend herself so it will be tough.

Did Clijsters make the quarters last year? In any event, Clijsters will have a whole slew of points to defend in the USO Series...

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Anyone can give the calculations?

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Kate Walsh is like my girl crush. Patrick Dempsey doesn't deserve her. And Bailey delivers every line perfectly. :)

Can't wait for Season 3, going up against CSI! :scared: :tears: :sobbing: :crying2: :help:

nhissan
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
ranking doesn't mean anything only GS victory count

<Sven>
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
If my (quick) calculations are correct, Justine won't be able to reach the number one spot after Wimbledon if Kim Clijsters reaches the Eastbourne final.
If Kim doesn't reach the Eastbourne final and wouldn't participate in Wimbledon, and if Amélie goes out in one of the first rounds, then Justine has got a good shot at the number one spot.
So, IMO, impossible.

manu
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Justine has only got points to defend from virtually 2 tournaments for the rest of the year!

Wimbledon - 2 points
Toronto - 307 points
US Open - 128 points
Filderstadt - 1 point

That means she's got 438 points to defend for the rest of the year :) So things are looking pretty good if you know that she's already at #3 now ;) But nothing's for granted of course! Go Justine! Have a great remainder of 2006 :)

Filip!
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Justine has only got points to defend from virtually 2 tournaments for the rest of the year!

Wimbledon - 2 points
Toronto - 307 points
US Open - 128 points
Filderstadt - 1 point

That means she's got 438 points to defend for the rest of the year :) So things are looking pretty good if you know that she's already at #3 now ;) But nothing's for granted of course! Go Justine! Have a great remainder of 2006 :)

I think you 're still counting the quality points. So in fact, she has to defend only 309 points, which is great as we know that she's #3 now already!

Wimbledon - 2 points
Toronto - 210 points
US Open - 96 points
Filderstadt - 1 point

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:45 PM

Clijsters went on a hardcourt tear last year, she has PLENTY of points to defend, and the US Open title.:confused:

manu
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I think you 're still counting the quality points. So in fact, she has to defend only 309 points, which is great as we know that she's #3 now already!

Wimbledon - 2 points
Toronto - 210 points
US Open - 96 points
Filderstadt - 1 point

Oops, sorry... you're totally right! :)

Fingon
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Can anyone post her points to defend for the rest of this year?

Wimbledon 2
Toronto 210
US Open 96
Filderstadt 1
total 309

RJWCapriati
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Hope she stays healthy - if that happens she will be #1 for sure!

Nickk
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Gosh, the WTA tour is going down :rolleyes: