PDA

View Full Version : No doubt in my mind, JHH 2x slam winner ....

tennis_pIayer
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
....in 2006 had she not been sick against mauresmo.

MY reasons:
1 Kuznetsove also played a heavy game w/ spin in today's final and JHH handled it admirably.

2 JHH destroyed AM the next time they played

3 mauresmo wouldn't have been able to handle her nerves during the closing stages of the match had she maintained a lead (much like Kuz today)

I do believe she should not have retired however.
Oh well, you'll have your chances in the future JHH to redeem yourself.

crazyroberto6767
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
No doubt in my mind, there's been numerous threads about this already.

Jaffas85
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I don't even think it's debatable or questionable, of course she would have won the Australian Open. She's a much better player than Mauresmo and is the best player in the world in my opinion.

But she was sick on the day of the final due to something she took for a shoulder injury and a professional athlete like her should have known either that particular medicine or the amount of dosage would have negatively affected her right before a GS Final.

Paneru
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's moot!

She retired, Momo won,
END OF STORY! :wavey:

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:15 PM
:retard:

eck
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:16 PM
AO is done. Amelie Mauresmo won it fair and square, whether you like it or not. I think she played sensational tennis. The cup's name will have Mauresmo's name on it. That's it.
So no point speculating about how JHH would have won if she was healthy and bla bla. :)

Joana
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Mauresmo's name is on that trophey and that's all there is to it.

Robbie.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Probably, but you can say this about a lot of slams if this player or that player hadnt been injured. It doesnt change the fact that they didnt win it.

Still, Justine is clearly the #1 player on tour this year.

Ferosh
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:25 PM
It's the Justine fans creating the drama today.

pigam
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:25 PM
we don't need a thread like this could a mod please close this...
It is so disrespectfull to both ame en justine, I'm sorry...

shap_half
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:26 PM
This is kinda embarrassing for everyone involved so please stop posting threads like this.

bandabou
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
we all know the answer, but what can be done about it? What's done is done no?

Blackbeat
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM
If Marta Domachowska has beaten Vaidisova, than Venus wouldn´t lose in quarterfinal... :smash: :silly: :cuckoo: :retard:

Justineladivine
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Give it a rest. Momo won, period. Let's move on. I just wish she decided to stop being angry with Justine, that would be so great.

DragonFlame
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:42 PM
we all know the answer, but what can be done about it? What's done is done no?

exactly, someone close this.

spencercarlos
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM

MY reasons:
1 Kuznetsove also played a heavy game w/ spin in today's final and JHH handled it admirably.

3 mauresmo wouldn't have been able to handle her nerves during the closing stages of the match had she maintained a lead (much like Kuz today)

You forget Mauresmo was ill in the Berlin SF, but as a good competitor she did not retired. Plus that illness forced her out of Rome as well.

Mauresmo was playing very good tennis at the Australian Open, being very quick, defending impecable and being agressive when necesary.

She faced there probably the best two players in the last two years Kim and Justine back to back, not her fault that both "had" to retire.

Sam L
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Justine definitely would've won AO. I tried to tell everyone at the time but I was attacked and almost put into an asylum. But all the evidence now points to a Justine victory.

Amélie will have to prove that slam. It's unfortunate and I hate to admit it but it's true.

Robbie.
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Justine definitely would've won AO. I tried to tell everyone at the time but I was attacked and almost put into an asylum. But all the evidence now points to a Justine victory.

Amélie will have to prove that slam. It's unfortunate and I hate to admit it but it's true.

You were attacked because it is a moot point. We dont go around deducting slams just because some players were off their game or injured or not there. Yes a fit Justine probably would have won the Australian Open, but she wasnt fit so who cares?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
The 7532146871657464464653265767 thread on the AO Final... :yawn:

villa
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM

:rolleyes:

Had Serena not injured her knee in 2003 and Venus strained her stomach in 2003 then Justine would only be holding 3 slams today. Shit happens in sport- every player benifits from injurys one time in their careers- justine's has also done so.

up!
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
No doubt Juju would have won but to win in tennis you have to be healthy too

MinnyGophers
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
You know, had Mauresmo not been nervous in 1999, she would have won that one and would have been dominating the tour now. :rolleyes:

harloo
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:44 PM
:rolleyes:

Had Serena not injured her knee in 2003 and Venus strained her stomach in 2003 then Justine would only be holding 3 slams today. Shit happens in sport- every player benifits from injurys one time in their careers- justine's has also done so.

:lol: Right.

anlavalle
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:07 AM
come on, you pple are bad loosers as Justin, every commentator said ill or no ill Jhh was been outplaying by Amelie, she couldn`t stand it and quit the match period, Amelie totally deserved the Oz 06 :nerner: :ras:

Lulu.
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
It's the Justine fans creating the drama today.

Sure is

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:23 AM
come on, you pple are bad loosers as Justin, every commentator said ill or no ill Jhh was been outplaying by Amelie, she couldn`t stand it and quit the match period, Amelie totally deserved the Oz 06 :nerner: :ras:
0 winners until the last game of the set= outplayed...where? :lol: :lol: :tape: :tape:

anlavalle
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM
well if you don`t know about tennis is not my fault

anlavalle
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:31 AM

MY reasons:

no doubt in my mind justin fans are bad loosers

eck
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:44 AM
no doubt in my mind justin fans are bad loosers

Aren't we the ones pushing for this thread to be closed?

anlavalle
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:50 AM
well, the bad justin fans, anyway the thread is still open, so

eck
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Indeed. :|
Let's stop replying to push it to next page. :P

Crazy Canuck
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:07 AM
It's moot!

She retired, Momo won,
END OF STORY! :wavey:
Indeed.

I'm not sure why people still go on about this. :shrug:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:26 AM
The 7532146871657464464653265767 thread on the AO Final... :yawn:

no kidding. amelie won, i don't care if justine was bleeding from the ears, amelie won the GS give her SOME fucking credit, and btw justine, who you all know i despise, had a great tournament over the past 2 weeks, i give mad props to her for not dropping a set.:kiss:

Kart
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
well, the bad justin fans, anyway the thread is still open, so

So it's yet another opportunity for WTA world to show it can have a reasonable debate on this topic without name-calling squandered.