PDA

View Full Version : Interesting JHH/Venus/Hingis stat

tennisIlove09
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Each with 5 majors...each winning 3 of them at one major.

JHH -- 3 French
Venus -- 3 Wimbledon
Hingis -- 3 Aussie

Floydrose
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
and all one US

Marcus1979
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Venus has 2 US titles ;)

Floydrose
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Venus has 2 US titles ;)

Right, it's emotion :bounce:

Paneru
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Put them all together and
you've got the unstoppable force. ;)

Martina 1/3 takes care of Australia.
Justine 1/3 takes care of French.
Venus 1/3 takes care of Wimbledon.
Venus 1/3 w/ 1/4 Justine & Martina take care of USO.

Veenut
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:13 PM
They have mostly dominated on the surface they are most comfortable on. It will be interesting to see how they all progress throughout the remainder of the year and who is going to achieve their 6th first. I hope Vee will be the one to pull ahead in a couple weeks.

NaF
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:28 PM
JHH and Hingis has 1 more thing in common. They only elude of 1 slam, whereas Venus still haven't won 2 slams.

Tennisaddict
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:31 PM
JHH and Hingis has 1 more thing in common. They only elude of 1 slam, whereas Venus still haven't won 2 slams.

True, but Venus has won the most important slam three times.
I hope Venus can finally win at the FO and AO but those chances seem very slim, but she's a contender whenever she's in the draw so who knows?

E. Blackadder
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I hope Venus can finally win at the FO and AO but those chances seem very slim, but she's a contender whenever she's in the draw so who knows?

BS, they are all equally important.

VS Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Well Serena has 2 US, 2 Wimby's 2 ao and 1 RG.

Therefore she is more balanced on all courts.

Perhaps not the BEST on any surface but has shown she can WIN on any of the courts.

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
BS, they are all equally important.
Errr..no :o More seriously I think OZ is less prestigious...The ranking would rather be
Wimbledon
USOpen or RG
OZ
To my mind..It's close between the USOpen and RG but USOpen's palmares is more eloquent.Only n#1 except Sabattini and Kuzie(who can became #1 oneday). Plus players are often more in shape at the last GS compared to RG where the draw is sometimes "weak"

The Crow
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but in Europe, RG is definitely more prestigious than US Open. Probably because most Europeans grow up on clay.

Viktymise
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Wimbledon is most prestigious and what makes all Vee's triumphs different is that in all her slam wins she beat a heap of top players, while the other two esp henin didnt beat as many

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry, but in Europe, RG is definitely more prestigious than US Open. Probably because most Europeans grow up on clay.

True and in the US the US OPEN is more prestigious..in Australia the Ausie Open is more important and so on and so on. Overall Wimbledon IS the most prestigious ..IMO :D

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Interesting stats indeed...

Weirdly though there isn't a 3 time winner for the US Open... yet...

eck
If Wimbledon is more important, then OzOpen, FrenchOpen, and USOpen should be considered Tier 1. I think Wimbledon's popularity (oldest GS (i think, don't flame me), movie made) is what makes people think it's more important.

spencercarlos
Venus definetly is the weakest link of the group, as Hingis and Henin have won 3 of the 4 GS.

treufreund
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:06 PM
oh lord now let's argue about which slams mean more. :rolleyes: each of them is special and a great achievement. Don't forget that Venus and justine have olympic gold medals. I think Juju's gold medal was amazing since she won it after months of inactivity. :eek:

treufreund
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:06 PM
will justine add wimbledon or fed cup to her resume this year?

Robbie.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM
True and in the US the US OPEN is more prestigious..in Australia the Ausie Open is more important. Overall Wimbledon IS the most prestigious ..IMO :D

And as I have said several times before, prestige means a load of horse shit these days when deciding upon who has the best career.

In the past it could legitimately be said that some GS were worth more than others purely because some were attended by all the best players in the world and others were not. But this is no longer true and hasnt been for the best part of two decades. A slam is a slam is slam.

Robbie.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:08 PM
oh lord now let's argue about which slams mean more. :rolleyes: each of them is special and a great achievement. Don't forget that Venus and justine have olympic gold medals. I think Juju's gold medal was amazing since she won it after months of inactivity. :eek:

And Hingis has two YEC's to zippo for the others.

treufreund
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM
And Hingis has two YEC's to zippo for the others.

Hingis has won almost every single tour event except for like two of them I believe.

Marcell
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Justine is the only one without the doubles grandslams.

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Venus definetly is the weakest link of the group, as Hingis and Henin have won 3 of the 4 GS.
I don't agree..not just cause I love Venus more than another player(except Serena) but the way she captured these titles means a lot...When JHH won the USOpen,and the OZ,she nearly beat nobody...Plus Venus have more big finals..It's not right to say that..But Hingis is the best amoung these three,it's indeniable

Robbie.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Hingis has won almost every single tour event except for like two of them I believe.

Yes, including all 9 Tier 1's.

Roland Garros really is the only thing missing from a perfect career.

VS Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I think Martina Hingis will hold the RG trophy before she is done.

She is the cleanest craftiest player on the tour, sometimes over powered, rarely outplayed.

PLP
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Each with 5 majors...each winning 3 of them at one major.

JHH -- 3 French
Venus -- 3 Wimbledon
Hingis -- 3 Aussie

Allez, That's very exciting for Justine and her 5th major win today, I wonder if anyone will actually they believe that they can beat her next year? Don't get me wrong, she played her way into great form this year, but she has developed an 'aura' @ RG and most of her opponents look defeated in the 1st game! Good luck to all 3 for the rest of the year!

LUIS9
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:28 PM

Yup she's almost won every tournie twice, except for a select few. LA and Roland Garros are the only tournies she's not won in singles.

Let me see if my memory serves me well.

Sydney 3 times
Aussie 3 times
Tokyo 4 times
Indian wells once
Miami 2
Hilton Head 2
German 1
Italian 2
Roland 0
Wimby 1
Canada 2
Acura 2 (when it always felt like a tier 1 but wasnt)
US open 1
Zurich 1 (3 times finalist I believe)
Porsche Filderstadt 4
Kremlin 1
Yec 2 (2 times finalist)

She leads with 16 tier 1

There are three players behind her with 11 Davenport, Sabatini and I forget the remaining one.

Graf leads all time with 30 tier 1's.

serenafan08
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
That is a really interesting stat. All of them have been to the final of the one major they haven't won, too.

GracefulVenus
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
interesting stats

rottweily
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:45 PM
To heaten up this thread, I think Justine has the best chance to fill the missing link for a career Grand Slam.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Justine Henin-Hardenne - Wimbledon Champion?

Doubt It Bout It ;)

santhuruu
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM
interesting stats!

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:46 PM
venus soon to be 4 at wimbledon;) hehehehe

mirzalover
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
clijster is a nobody when she plays big players in big finals. semi's she fine but finals she needs some UFE to beat most people

matthieu_tennis
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:18 PM
hingis won 3 slam in the same years :) thats another thing ;P

hingis-seles
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Right, because Capriati and Clijsters are nobodies. :angel:

Capriati and Clijsters are nobodies except when a Williams sister has defeated them on the way to winning a Slam. :p

No Name Face
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:40 PM

they're all equally important. if i was pro, i would care least about winning wimbledon. it's all a matter of what surface you thrive on. hingis's three AO's aren't less important than venus's three Wimbledon titles.

jenny161185
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:29 PM
lol a grand slam is a grand slam - you cant rank them in your order of prestige because thats just your opinion

Brooks.
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM

:lol:

Wimbledon is the biggest tournament in tennis ...point blank :)

marypower
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM
:retard: She has an Olympic Gold in BOTH Singles and Doubles :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Justine is the only one without the doubles grandslams.
It's kind of hard to win at doubles when you don't play doubles... :tape:

No major is any more or less important on its own; each player has one that's most important to them. Justine Henin-Hardenne has said many times that Roland Garros is most important to her because her mother took her there when she was a child. Venus Williams has said that Wimbledon is her favorite because of all its history and traditions. Serena Williams has said that the US Open is her favorite because it pays the most money. To each her own.

darrinbaker00
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:41 PM

Wimbledon is the biggest tournament in tennis ...point blank :)
No, Wimbledon is the biggest tournament in tennis TO YOU.

Denise4925
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:43 PM

No major is any more or less important on its own; each player has one that's most important to them. Justine Henin-Hardenne has said many times that Roland Garros is most important to her because her mother took her there when she was a child. Venus Williams has said that Wimbledon is her favorite because of all its history and traditions. Serena Williams has said that the US Open is her favorite because it pays the most money. To each her own.
On that same note, why is it always about one upping the other? Those three are all great champions in their own right. I'm not a big fan of Justine or Hingis, but I'm not going to deny that they are not great tennis players or champions or that one is weaker than the other. That would be stupid. Congrats to all three and long live womens tennis.

VS Fan
Wimbledon IS the most important SLAM. NO Question!

Learn some tennis history.

Il Primo!
Serena Williams has said that the US Open is her favorite because it pays the most money.
:haha: :haha: Love her

Ryan
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Whether Wimbledon is "more important" or not means jack all when considering who's had a better career. It was different in the 60's and 70's when the OZ and French Opens didn't even attract the top players, but nowadays EVERYONE plays all the slams unless they are injured. So, no matter what slam a player wins, no matter how many times, it doesn't make them have a better career if all three have the same amount of them.

Brαm
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, all three have won 5 slams but it's taken Justine a lot less time to win these slams!

J. Henin-Hardenne: 5 out of 25 = 20% :worship:
M. Hingis: 5 out of 32 = 15.6%
V. Williams: 5 out of 35 = 14.3%

:devil:

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, all three have won 5 slams but it's taken Justine a lot less time to win these slams!

Hide it!It hurts me so much... :sad:

Ryan
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:55 PM

Are you calculating how many total slams each player has played, or how many they played by the time they won 5 slams?

This is important because: Hingis won her 5th slam in her 17th GS event. %29 percent. Venus' is 5 out of 32 - 15.6, same as Hingis' old tally.

So, there you go. It took Hingis EIGHT less slams to win 5 than Justine.

Brαm
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:58 PM
So, there you go. It took Hingis EIGHT less slams to win 5 than Justine.Yeah but the last time Hingis won a slam was in the 20th century...
I'm just saying that Justine's ratio of slams won/slams played so far is higher than Martina's or Venus's ;)

Ryan
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah but the last time Hingis won a slam was in the 20th century...
I'm just saying that Justine's ratio of slams won/slams played so far is higher than Martina's or Venus's ;)

No, you actually said it took Justine less time to win her 5 slams. True, she has played less than both, but she didn't win her 5 fastest like your first post implied.

The Crow
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
You have to love this thread :lol:

Fedcup
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:50 PM
When JHH won the USOpen,and the OZ,she nearly beat nobody...

With your logic Serena and Venus also beat nobody when they won their GS.
Cause in your opinion only the WS are "somebody"

Martian Jeza
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:53 PM

A desperate stat to prove JHH is better than Venus and Martina. But your forget the fact JHH will NEVER have the glance Venus and Martina have !

Martian Jeza
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah but the last time Hingis won a slam was in the 20th century...

SO what ? She won them though ! Between October 2002 and Januari 2006 she was OUT of the tour... Don't forget JHH NEVER play doubles like Martina do and Venus sometimes did.

Martian Jeza
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM

She won the gold medal only for her palmares not for Belgium !

Justine Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM

:yeah: :worship:

Justine Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I don't agree..not just cause I love Venus more than another player(except Serena) but the way she captured these titles means a lot...When JHH won the USOpen,and the OZ,she nearly beat nobody...Plus Venus have more big finals..It's not right to say that..But Hingis is the best amoung these three,it's indeniable

Huh? :confused:

She nearly beat nobody? :haha:

How can you nearly beat nobody if she won those Grand Slams? She must have beaten them then?

So you are saying then that Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport and Kim Clijsters are nobodies? :lol: :lol:

Oh right, what were their rankings then? 150, 98 and 1056? I believe Kim was ranked no. 2 wasn't she? :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:51 PM
She won the gold medal only for her palmares not for Belgium !

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

hingis-seles
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:54 PM
:yeah: :worship:

Stop worshipping a fake statistic. :p
As Ryan proved, Martina took less time than Justine to win 5 Slams. :bounce:

hingis-seles
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Huh? :confused:

She nearly beat nobody? :haha:

How can you nearly beat nobody if she won those Grand Slams? She must have beaten them then?

So you are saying then that Jennifer Capriati, Lindsay Davenport and Kim Clijsters are nobodies? :lol: :lol:

Oh right, what were their rankings then? 150, 98 and 1056? I believe Kim was ranked no. 2 wasn't she? :rolleyes:

The rule was posted earlier in the thread:

Capriati and Clijsters are nobodies except when a Williams sister has defeated them on the way to winning a Slam. :p

vwfan
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Go Venus, add your fourth Wimbledon title and sixth Grand Slam!

Couver
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:10 AM
On that same note, why is it always about one upping the other? Those three are all great champions in their own right. I'm not a big fan of Justine or Hingis, but I'm not going to deny that they are not great tennis players or champions or that one is weaker than the other. That would be stupid. Congrats to all three and long live womens tennis.

Thank! For actually injecting some insight into this brawl. I'll never get why people wish to compare 3 players who play differently, act differently, and have had three very different careers. I think all three deserve congradulations and respect, but this thread has quickly sunk into lets prove who's the best. Which I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering it's in GM.

Martian Jeza
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:11 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

You can laugh but JHH is the most selfish player after Serena. She only think to her palmares, she didn't do it for Belgium...

junlee_vee
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:12 AM

And you stated this interesting "fact" because??? :o

Couver
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:17 AM
And you stated this interesting "fact" because??? :o

Because he loves to talk about Venus, she's his idol :)

junlee_vee
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Because he loves to talk about Venus, she's his idol :)

So true! :lol:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:57 AM
:retard: She has an Olympic Gold in BOTH Singles and Doubles :wavey:
I was obviously being sarcastic and mean towards Venusīs fans :p

BTW i would rank them Hingis, then Venus then Henin.
Still Henin has won 3 of the 4 GS and has been number one for a longer time than Venus, so some will point at her as better.

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM

Hingis at 18 already had 5 slams :p

mirzalover
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:39 AM
it's true that justine pretty much beat nobodies at the aussie and u.s open because venus and serena (no matter how much i hate her) were her main rivals in grand slams. the main reason i believe this is because she was by far the best player left after the big W in 2003 and thats poven by her reocrd against everyone who was still playing i mean look at her head to head against venus or the diva wannabe serena. P.S the reason i call the players she beat nobodies is because they are not on her level and most them still to this day arent

spec7er
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:37 AM
You have to love this thread :lol:

Don't you just love WTAworld and the arguments that members do over over. :lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:54 AM

Well, after she had won enough Slams (God knows how many), she might retire from singles and play doubles like Martina Navratilova right now... then she would have a Doubles Slam :devil:

Yeah by the way... If I remember clearly, isn't Justine the only one among the 3 to have won the Fed Cup? Correct me if I am wrong ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:55 AM
You can laugh but JHH is the most selfish player after Serena. She only think to her palmares, she didn't do it for Belgium...

Joke of the year :haha: :haha: :haha:

Reuchlin
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM
it's true that justine pretty much beat nobodies at the aussie and u.s open because venus and serena (no matter how much i hate her) were her main rivals in grand slams. the main reason i believe this is because she was by far the best player left after the big W in 2003 and thats poven by her reocrd against everyone who was still playing i mean look at her head to head against venus or the diva wannabe serena. P.S the reason i call the players she beat nobodies is because they are not on her level and most them still to this day arent

The head-to-heads with thw Willies (eps. Venus) happened when Justine was still a rookie on the tour and the Willies were at their peek. When Justine was at her peak (aka, now) the Willies either failed to show up, or were taken out early by 30-something journeywomen or players just out of the junoirs. PS. Sania Mirza sucks.

The truth about Venus remains: She has, so far, only showed up for HALF the tennis year for all of her career.

Marcus1979
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:06 AM
but Venus did beat her at Australian Open in 2003 remember

and Serena at Wimbledon

the year that Justine won 2 slams

hingisGOAT
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:16 AM
but Venus did beat her at Australian Open in 2003 remember

and Serena at Wimbledon

the year that Justine won 2 slams

the physical transformation of henin was quite obvious; in Oz '03, she was still a puny runt. she really bulked up for the clay season, and slam success and mental strength would follow...

...the wimbledon match with serena, however, was simply great play from miss williams

anyway, i have nothing much to add to this thread other than go hingis! her record is still the best after all these years of inactivity :hearts: and she's already starting to add tier I titles again... hopefully a slam and the #1 ranking are to follow!

darrinbaker00
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Well, after she had won enough Slams (God knows how many), she might retire from singles and play doubles like Martina Navratilova right now... then she would have a Doubles Slam :devil:

Yeah by the way... If I remember clearly, isn't Justine the only one among the 3 to have won the Fed Cup? Correct me if I am wrong ;)
OK. Venus Williams won the Fed Cup with Team USA in 1999.

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:50 AM

Learn how to spell before you make a definitive judgment.

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Learn how to spell before you make a definitive judgment.
Learn how to read, as most people that read my statement understood what i meant to say. :wavey: Knizzle see you at the next RG

Mother_Marjorie
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:16 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Learn how to read, as most people that read my statement understood what i meant to say. :wavey: Knizzle see you at the next RGThe purpose of spelling words right is so that people can read what you are writing, you failed to do that while also undermining Venus' achievements as they relate to Justine and Martina.

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 01:30 PM
The purpose of spelling words right is so that people can read what you are writing, you failed to do that while also undermining Venus' achievements as they relate to Justine and Martina.
No i did not failed, pretty much since a lot of people quoted my messaged and fired back against it. And as i said in another post i did it to get people like you :lol:, hence i did not fail :p

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:00 PM
No i did not failed, pretty much since a lot of people quoted my messaged and fired back against it. And as i said in another post i did it to get people like you :lol:, hence i did not fail :p

Your self esteem is this low?? :shrug: :eek: :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:04 PM

You didn't get to me, I just decided to further make you look like the fool that you are. It was for my own amusement and the amusement of others. :)

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Your self esteem is this low?? :shrug: :eek: :rolleyes:
Not as much as you are because Venus did not win Roland Garros. :p

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Not as much as you are because Venus did not win Roland Garros. :p

Venus exceeded my expectations :retard: why should her not winning bother me? :shrug: Anyway, those who are dear to me here know the deal, so I don't need to answer to you :nerner:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:19 PM
You didn't get to me, I just decided to further make you look like the fool that you are. It was for my own amusement and the amusement of others. :)
Donīt be a fool yourself, all of this players have 5 grand slams.
Hingis is way ahead of Venus and Henin.
And despite Venus has won more of the "important GS titles", but Henin has acomplished a more versatile resume by winning 3 of the 4, and Justine has been a lot more weeks at number one than Venus ever will, i donīt doubt Venus can win GSs, but i really doubt she can get to number one again, because of the schedule/injuries factor.
So someone who says that Henin has been a better singles player than Venus, is not that off, or fool.
:wavey:

Justine Fan
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Venus exceeded my expectations :retard: why should her not winning bother me? :shrug: Anyway, those who are dear to me here know the deal, so I don't need to answer to you :nerner:
Do you think beating the Laines and Bammers of this world in tight two setters and Sprem, who despite how much praise you gave her after the match with Venus, was just 9-9 record over the year and played only one QF match (on a tier III), hm hardly the player that would beat the holder of the Wimbledon title.
A good win over Schnyder, yes, but you canīt forget that Patty year has not been that good so far, and after her victory over Henin, her clay court results have been dissapointing.
That takes you to her match with Vaidisova, a match that Venus should have won, she had a very easy part of the draw to get through even to the finals, especially after Mauresmoīs loss, and yet she loses in the Quarters.
You can be very satisfied, but i have to tell you that Venus just wasted a nice draw to get to the finals. If you fail to admit this.... well :rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Do you think beating the Laines and Bammers of this world in tight two setters and Sprem, who despite how much praise you gave her after the match with Venus, was just 9-9 record over the year and played only one QF match (on a tier III), hm hardly the player that would beat the holder of the Wimbledon title.
A good win over Schnyder, yes, but you canīt forget that Patty year has not been that good so far, and after her victory over Henin, her clay court results have been dissapointing.
That takes you to her match with Vaidisova, a match that Venus should have won, she had a very easy part of the draw to get through even to the finals, especially after Mauresmoīs loss, and yet she loses in the Quarters.
You can be very satisfied, but i have to tell you that Venus just wasted a nice draw to get to the finals. If you fail to admit this.... well :rolleyes:

Some people try to twist and manipulate facts to desperately, and pathetically attempt to make a point. The point they are really trying to make is that they don't like a certain player because he or she doesn't live up to their high and mighty standards :rolleyes:
Venus's fans have accepted her defeat at RG , do yourself a favor and do the same :shrug: :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Some people try to twist and manipulate facts to desperately, and pathetically attempt to make a point. The point they are really trying to make is that they don't like a certain player because he or she doesn't live up to their high and mighty standards :rolleyes:
Venus's fans have accepted her defeat at RG , do yourself a favor and do the same :shrug: :rolleyes:
My high and mighty standards?

Which facts did i manipulate?

And wow now if think Venus should be please not getting through in a draw section to reach the final where Vaidisova and Kuznetsova were the last ones standing. Oh well, that is your standard for Venus :lol:

thrust
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
All of today^s Majors attract all the top players, therefore, all art equal in importance. To say otherwis is idiotic!

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM
All of today^s Majors attract all the top players, therefore, all art equal in importance. To say otherwis is idiotic!
I agree pretty much!

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Let me put it in layman's terms :retard: Judging from her track record at Roland Garros, I'm inclined to believe that Venus may never win there. With the exception of 2002 (where her sister was better in the final), this is the tournament that she chooses to go into her self-destructive mode every year. When I first saw the draw , I immediately pictured her losing to sprem, so go figure. She got further that I expected and as her fan I am proud of that. There are no ifs, wouldas, shouldas or couldas in my vocabulary as far as this tournament is concerned-- I've moved on, and I'll bet she has too :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I agree pretty much!

You just contradicted yourself. :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM

I was about to let him know it :haha:

P.S. are you hiding because dour is getting stomped?:shrug: :haha:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Venus expected to lose to Sprem? :lol:
Beating the QFlist of Warsaw Tier II and SFlist of Rome Tier I this year?
Sprem ranked 74, QF of Tier III Istanbul and going in to the RG with a 7-9 record for the year... please donīt make me laught.
Oh well.. :wavey:

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Venus expected to lose to Sprem? :lol:
Beating the QFlist of Warsaw Tier II and SFlist of Rome Tier I this year?
Sprem ranked 74, QF of Tier III Istanbul and going in to the RG with a 7-9 record for the year... please donīt make me laught.
Oh well.. :wavey:

Where did I say that Venus expected to lose to Sprem? I am the one who expected her to lose to Sprem considering how close their first clay match was, and how Venus likes to self-destruct :rolleyes: Reading is fundermental :shrug: Oh and What the hell is laught? :haha:

GogoGirl
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hey All,

Venus did make what 11 grand slam finals - and she won the Olympics. Not bad at all. Two mixed and a grand slam in doubles. Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!

The three mentioned here all have great records - but none to include Serena made 11 G.S. finals.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=230220

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Read below again :rolleyes:

And despite Venus has won more of the "important GS titles", but Henin has acomplished a more versatile resume by winning 3 of the 4, and Justine has been a lot more weeks at number one than Venus ever will, i donīt doubt Venus can win GSs, but i really doubt she can get to number one again, because of the schedule/injuries factor.
So someone who says that Henin has been a better singles player than Venus, is not that off, or fool.

I thought it was for the universal knowledge that when you are using the simbol " " can denote an ironical meaning. Once again i invite you to read better in order to understand.
Still Venus with more GS finals has had a more acomplished SINGLES carreer.

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Let me put it in layman's terms :retard: Judging from her track record at Roland Garros, I'm inclined to believe that Venus may never win there. With the exception of 2002 (where her sister was better in the final), this is the tournament that she chooses to go into her self-destructive mode every year. When I first saw the draw , I immediately pictured her losing to sprem, so go figure. She got further that I expected and as her fan I am proud of that. There are no ifs, wouldas, shouldas or couldas in my vocabulary as far as this tournament is concerned-- I've moved on, and I'll bet she has too :rolleyes:
Pictured her losing to Sprem, you expected her to lose to Sprem :lol:
In 2006? thatīs pretty much ridiculous
But yeah, Venus beating Sprem exceeded someīs expectations and made of this a great tournament and acomplisment for Venusīs carreer :lol:
Nice try Infinity

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Read below again :rolleyes:

I thought it was for the universal knowledge that when you are using the simbol " " can denote an ironical meaning. Once again i invite you to read better in order to understand.
Still Venus with more GS finals has had a more acomplished SINGLES carreer.

Geeez you are such an idiot, if you agreed that all the slams are equal because all the top players show up then how does Henin and Hingis winning three different slams make them any better than Venus?

Infiniti2001
Jun 11th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Pictured her losing to Sprem, you expected her to lose to Sprem :lol:
In 2006? thatīs pretty much ridiculous
But yeah, Venus beating Sprem exceeded someīs expectations and made of this a great tournament and acomplisment for Venusīs carreer :lol:
Nice try Infinity

:smash: :banghead: :banghead: :smash: :smash: With this ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case :hatoff:

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Geeez you are such an idiot, if you agreed that all the slams are equal because all the top players show up then how does Henin and Hingis winning three different slams make them any better than Venus?
Probably it would be because they are played on different surfaces??? :lol:

:retard:

:inlove:
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Well Venus is tallest so of course she is the highest ranked of the 3
Then Hingis, as she has a boyfriend who is a tennis player.
Then Henin cos she's stoopid.

vwfan
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Venus is "the fucking Venus Williams." Enough said.

Besides, we're entering her favorite part of the year. Let's go Venus!

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Thing is, Martina & Justine are closer to get a grand slam. That's the better thing.

In diversity 3/4 is just better than 2/4. End of the story.

Now for the overall accomplishment, look at all the titles & all.

vwfan
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Thing is, Martina & Justine are closer to get a grand slam. That's the better thing.

In diversity 3/4 is just better than 2/4. End of the story.

Now for the overall accomplishment, look at all the titles & all.Actually 5=5! Unless Martina or Henin capture the elusive slam they need to have a career grand slam, being one shy is no better really in terms of history than being two shy, if all else is equal, i.e. total number of slams.

TomTennis
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:54 PM
people will start to say that Davenports 3 Grand Slams are better than Venus' 5 because Davenport has won 3/4 to Venus' 2/4 :tape:

All three are great players, and all have achieved so much, and im betting continue to do so!

hingis-seles
Jun 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM
What's with some of you trying to put down the other two to make one look better? They've all won 5 Slams. Only Serena has more Slams than any of them from the list of active players (ok, Monica too :angel: ). Most players go their entire lives without winning a single Slam, let alone 5. Even if Venus, Marti, or Justine go for the rest of their careers without winning another Slam, they've already accomplished more than enough to be proud of.

Knizzle
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Probably it would be because they are played on different surfaces??? :lol:

OMFG, would some kind, gentle and patient (with idiots) soul explain to Carlos how he blatantly contradicted himself??

spencercarlos
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
OMFG, would some kind, gentle and patient (with idiots) soul explain to Carlos how he blatantly contradicted himself??
No i did not.
Each player has 5 GS, its not like Venus 3 Wimbs and 2 Usopens put her at 5 plus and Heninīs Slams have her on just 5, both are woth the same value.
Are her slam finals one big difference on Venusīs favor 11>7. Variety of slams are in favor of Justine 3>2. Venus on top for now.
Is not the same a player that wins 4 Roland Garros and compare it to a player that has won all GS.. Of course in the end 4 GS each but being able to win them in all surfaces is a big difference

Hots4Safin
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:47 PM

It's hard to believe she's a better singles player than Venus when Venus OWNS their head-to-head 7-1?

BTW, I'm sure I will be getting loads of fire-backs for this one, but it simply MUST be considered that Venus lost 5 grand slam finals to Serena Williams. The ONLY time Hingis faced Serena in a GS she was sent away in straight sets, and Justine has never had to face Serena in a GS final. I can't help but wonder how many of those 5 slams Venus would have won had it been ANY other player across the net.

markhingis
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Martina won 3 AO in a row and 3 more runner-ups. Besides,she won GRAND SLAM in doubles.

stevos
Jun 11th, 2006, 07:57 PM
However Justine is the only one who has defended once. venus defended wimby and us each, and hingis defended oz twice. I think hingis is the best of these three, making 6 finals of oz I think. Venus second, Justine third.

Jasmin
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Well overall Venus is obviously more popular than both so who cares. In the US and Europe I get the feeling that Wimby is the biggest tournament.

Look what Wimby did for Maria and what the french open did not do for Myskina, Henin and a few others.

new-york
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Actually 5=5! Unless Martina or Henin capture the elusive slam they need to have a career grand slam, being one shy is no better really in terms of history than being two shy, if all else is equal, i.e. total number of slams.

5=5 They troth won one of the four biggest tournies five times.
Diversity wise, Two got three types of slam, one got two. That's it. :shrug:

oh, and the three are Champs. ;)

TomTennis
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:57 PM
They have all acheived so much.

In terms of GS achomplishments, Im not too critizing to say that Hingis and Venus had performed better, reaching more finals in singles, AND there very impressive doubles wins!!!

terjw
Jun 11th, 2006, 10:09 PM
It's hard to believe she's a better singles player than Venus when Venus OWNS their head-to-head 7-1?

H2H is meaningless when the last time they played against each other was over 3 years ago at the AO 2003 before Justine had won a slam. Justine is a much better player now than she was then and Venus is nowhere near as good now as she was then.

Dani12
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM
lol a grand slam is a grand slam - you cant rank them in your order of prestige because thats just your opinion

lol. agreed.

stevos
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Well overall Venus is obviously more popular than both so who cares. In the US and Europe I get the feeling that Wimby is the biggest tournament.

Look what Wimby did for Maria and what the french open did not do for Myskina, Henin and a few others.

I dont think the slam is always the factor. Look at sharapovas other factors, the looks, personality, energy. The other two dont quite have that. however if vaidisova had won the french this year she would have gotten probably close to the same as the maria treatment.

faste5683
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Clay: the purest tennis in the sense of ground stroke technique: you have to hit so damn MANY of them. The freaky part is sliding, which is an art form in itself.

Grass: Odd, because nobody actually plays on grass except for that two or three week peroid leading up to Wimbledon. How many grass courts in your town? Cool, because it grass, it's fast, and in the old days people used to serve and volley on it...

Hardcourt: The fairest surface. No bad bounces, no sliding, no wet and dry patches of grass to screw up your strokes. You know exactly what you're going to get (along with bad knees and aching joints).

All the slams are interesting and challenging in their own unique ways.

Hingie
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I'm not trying to take away from Marti's achievements but i hardly think she can rely on her doubles results to differentiate her from Vee or Juju. When you look back on a career yes it comes into it but only a very small part. The fact is the other two haven't played a lot of doubles so you can hardly hold that against them.

What is majorly setting them apart at the moment is the weeks at number 1. Marti was the pinnacle of consistency for a few years, played tournaments, and that's what you want from a number 1. Although i am hopeful she will get a couple more slams before she retires and this will just further solidify her place in the history of the game.

stevos
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Venus also won the grand slam in doubles :confused:

Hots4Safin
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
H2H is meaningless when the last time they played against each other was over 3 years ago at the AO 2003 before Justine had won a slam. Justine is a much better player now than she was then and Venus is nowhere near as good now as she was then.

Try telling that to Lindsay Davenport, or perhaps, Maria Sharapova...maybe Mary Pierce? How bout Hantucova, whom Venus ALSO (in addition to JHH) owns. Ask them if Venus is still the player she was in 03.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 13th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Well Venus is tallest so of course she is the highest ranked of the 3
Then Hingis, as she has a boyfriend who is a tennis player.
Then Henin cos she's stoopid.

And you're a TOOT TOOT TOOOOOOOOT idiot :wavey:

kris_85
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
i think at the moment martina is the best of three....
because
she played 12 grand finals (venus11, justine 7)
she was number one for 209 weeks :eek: :eek: (venus 12, justine 45)
she closed three years at number one in the rankings
she won 2 masters and 16 tier one(henin 8, venus 6)
so martina is definetely the best...

and martina was out for three years...don't forget never

Ryan
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I'm not trying to take away from Marti's achievements but i hardly think she can rely on her doubles results to differentiate her from Vee or Juju. When you look back on a career yes it comes into it but only a very small part. The fact is the other two haven't played a lot of doubles so you can hardly hold that against them.

What is majorly setting them apart at the moment is the weeks at number 1. Marti was the pinnacle of consistency for a few years, played tournaments, and that's what you want from a number 1. Although i am hopeful she will get a couple more slams before she retires and this will just further solidify her place in the history of the game.

I definately think you CAN and should count doubles when comparing several players' careers. If they didn't play doubles enough to win slams, that's not Hingis or Venus' fault. Obviously Justine has dedicated herself to singles, which is fine, but it's another plus to Venus and Martina that they've been able to win singles and doubles slams, and mixed slams as well.

TomTennis
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Venus also won the grand slam in doubles :confused:

yeh. she has won

Ao = 2001 and 2003
FO = 1998 :confused: cant remember
Wimby = 2000 and 2002
USO = 1999 not too sure either bout that year

TomTennis
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I definately think you CAN and should count doubles when comparing several players' careers. If they didn't play doubles enough to win slams, that's not Hingis or Venus' fault. Obviously Justine has dedicated herself to singles, which is fine, but it's another plus to Venus and Martina that they've been able to win singles and doubles slams, and mixed slams as well.

Definetly.

The fact that Venus and Hingis as won just as much as Justine PLUS won numerous doubles title on top of that at the highest level is a massive factor to take into account.

Bitter Blue Bong
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:20 PM
BTW, I'm sure I will be getting loads of fire-backs for this one, but it simply MUST be considered that Venus lost 5 grand slam finals to Serena Williams. The ONLY time Hingis faced Serena in a GS she was sent away in straight sets, and Justine has never had to face Serena in a GS final. I can't help but wonder how many of those 5 slams Venus would have won had it been ANY other player across the net.

I know we don't want to get caught up in the ifs (like what if Serena played US 03 and AO 04), but that's a good one.

(On a related note, another commonality: Venus and Hingis both reached 4 consecutive slam finals.)

Knizzle
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:31 PM
yeh. she has won

Ao = 2001 and 2003
FO = 1998 :confused: cant remember
Wimby = 2000 and 2002
USO = 1999 not too sure either bout that year

I think he meant THE Grand Slam.

vwfan
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:03 AM
i think at the moment martina is the best of three....
because
she played 12 grand finals (venus11, justine 7)
she was number one for 209 weeks :eek: :eek: (venus 12, justine 45)
she closed three years at number one in the rankings
she won 2 masters and 16 tier one(henin 8, venus 6)
so martina is definetely the best...

and martina was out for three years...don't forget neverI agree that of the three, Martina has the most impressive record and results.

russophile
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:09 AM
who are the remaining active players who has won all 4 slams?

serena?

Martian KC
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:14 AM
who are the remaining active players who has won all 4 slams?

serena?

Off topic! :mad: :p

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 16th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I would love to see Justine or Venus win the World Championships of WTA (YEC). Hingis has 2 of those! ;-) but then again, I'd want to win an Olympic Gold Medal any day...