Jun 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM
someone forgot about kim vs. capriati

spiceboy
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
someone forgot about kim vs. capriati

LOL that was quality for you? :lol:

Prizeidiot
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Actually, these may be the most hyped finals (for men and women) that we've had in a long long time. The French should be very happy with themselves :p

TonyP
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Best quality?

Svetlana had 39 unforced errors in two sets of tennis. Justine, 30.

It was not a pretty match to watch, especially since Kuznetsova essentially gave it away.

mike/topgun
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
high quality was 1999 Steffi Vs Martina and 2001 Kim Vs Jen
since then it was all crap, no difference this year

manu32
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM
high quality was 1999 Steffi Vs Martina and 2001 Kim Vs Jen
since then it was all crap, no difference this year

a poor final again

selesbooz
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
This match sucked. No one could keep the ball in play, it really looked as if neither one wanted to win it. Kuznet over hit everything and Justine hit everything down the middle of the court. Horrible match. Kuznetsova is so boring

mike/topgun
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
a poor final again
Maybe we'll have to get used to it, if certain things start to repeat constantly:(
Last year AOs' and Wimbledons' finals were played between great champs with numerous GS titles under their belt, so automaticly there was the drama and the quality...if the ones of Kuzzy, LenaD get to the finals you could almost be sure it'll be onesided=low quality...
I'd rather see Nicole beaten by JuJu like 1 and 1, insted of this crappy performance by the two that "battled" it out today for the RG trophy...
Sad but that's what I think.

VeeDaQueen
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM
it was decent. sveta ruined every possible chance thought :rolleyes:

améliemomo
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM
not a quality match for sure :rolleyes:

No.1Hingis
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry but.. too bored for me.. Was just the tramite what Justine had to do...

I missed parts of match... first.. wasnt so exciting or expecting.. I think England vs Paraguay wasnt that good too.. I got sleep many times.. and just change to watch final of first and then final of second set.. even I forgot about ceremony... Was not a great show and the winner .. well.. we all known what has to happen so.. Just nobody could handle Justine this time..

LUIS9
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM
it was decent. sveta ruined every possible chance thought :rolleyes:

Yes it was decent but Sveta just simply overplayed it. Henin was smart enough to keep her shots deep and to the middle of the court and ripped the odd winner when she saw her opening.

vejh
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:29 PM
This was the best FO finals in recent memory for sure. can we really argue that?lol It really was. Already I don't remember the KC/Cap finals. Did i I even watch it?

Today there were more errors from the players but it was hot and windy. i thought there were good rallies, and it was competitive even though neither played there best. I actually thought Sveta had longer stretches of good tennis than Henin, but this is sports. It's what you do to win, it's getting the ball in the back of the net (football) etc.

marypower
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sveta! :smash: :sobbing:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
not a quality match, that's for SURE

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:55 PM
ahem.........I presume the thead starter is being sarcastic :o All the errors. Sveta never really got into it. Only time it got somewhat exciting was when she went on that 10 point consecutive run at the start of the second set but she got carried away and just over-played too many points. Pretty sure this final won't remain in the memory for long, hopefully the US Open and Wimbledon will provide the quality tennis we are looking for.

hingisGOAT
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
unfortunately, it was a far, far better match than 2002, 2003, 2004, or 2005