PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to like ____________

Pheobo
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Sveta!

Have you been warming up to any players you previously disliked?

Kart
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Justine.

Although I'm hoping it won't last because I love to bash her husband.

Pheobo
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Justine.

I'm actually hoping for Kathleen Hannah to let Pierre join Le Tigre...he'd fit in well. It took me a long ass time to figure out if J.D. was a dude or a chick...now people can have the same confusion with Pierre.

Bounty Hunter
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Justine.

:spit:

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Justine.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :bolt:

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I used to really dislike Capriati, but now I kind of miss her.

Justine Fan
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Justine.

Why? Do you fancy him? :D

Kart
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Why? Do you fancy him? :D

:lol:

Kart
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:41 AM
^^ I should have seen that coming.

-jenks-
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I used to not like Nadia, but I really like her now.

Scotso
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Venus.

Ferosh
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I've never warmed up to anyone whom I dislike.

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I used to really dislike Capriati, but now I kind of miss her.

Of course, it doesn't mean I like her though! :devil:

*JR*
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Justine.

I love to bash somebody's husband, too! :devil:

SelesFan70
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I recently watched an interview with Navratilova without projectile puking...had just a little throw up in my mouth, though.

I must be "warming up" to her? :shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Sharapova. :o

bmwofoz
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Martina Hingis, at first I didn't like watching her, but after she left-ed the Tour, I came to kind of miss her style of play.

auntie janie
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Kim. it happened when I saw a little photo of her on her interview page on the RG site; she just looks so young and guileless in that pic. I doubt I'll start rooting for her, but my dislike just melted away. :) She'll be a great Mom someday. :hug:

MisterMan
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Sveta, as well.

WorldWar24
Jun 10th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I've changed my opinion on many players. I've got no problem saying I was wrong on many assumptions I had. Sometimes who you see on court isn't really the person you think they are. I was impressed by Nicole Vaidisova's interview after her semifinal, not that I ever disliked her, but she seems very bright.

When they are out there fighting it out, sometimes they transform themselves and it's not really who they are. The problem is when players have the same attitude on and off the court and that's when it becomes unhealthy.

Svetlana for instance, looks serious and unhappy on court but I've seen interviews and she is really funny, very nice!
I respect every player but Justine Henin Hardenne. She was one of my favourite players but a series of events got me to dislike her, the most significant being the FO semis 03. I thought of Serena Williams 02-03 as the best player the tour had seen in a long time, and even though I wanted to see someone rise to her challenge, I didn't like the fact that Henin tricked the greatest player at the time to take her place. It's a stain in her career. I know that many non-Serena fans will tell you the same: even though everyone was tired of Serena winning everything, she was much respected and people wanted Serena to be beaten fair and square. Henin can be a great person off court but unsportmanship isn't my thing.

anlavalle
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Sharapova and Petrova

Barrie_Dude
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I used to really dislike Capriati, but now I kind of miss her.Another Convert to the land of the Capriati-Ites! :woohoo:

Barrie_Dude
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Martina Hingis, at first I didn't like watching her, but after she left-ed the Tour, I came to kind of miss her style of play.I am with ya!

hwanmig
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Well I'm starting to like Justine, only because she said the FO is the most important tournament for her.

Now I'm just hoping Federer grows on me coz I hate it when I go hysterical each time he wins.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Reasons for my saying Sharapova... I feel bad for the girl with the pressure the media puts on her. She doesnt really deserve alot of it. I know Anna had alot of that shit going on, so I'm sensitive about it. Plus her power is delicious and I'm a total sucker for that too. Plus, I love grunting.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jun 10th, 2006, 04:54 AM
sharapova and hingis. I was annoyed with hingis but after awhile. I thought man, she's kinda cool! as for shrapova. i used to like her alot. but after awhile i go sick of her being so popular. I'm scared Sveta will become like that too. :(

E. Blackadder
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Venus. Not as a player, but as a person

LH2HBH
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Svetlana Kuznetsova

pav
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Justine.

Did you see that dorky shirt the bugger was wearing I think it was the match before Kim,I dunno where the hell he found that, I wouldn't even use it as a rag to wipe the dipstick when i was checking the oil on the digger

gentenaire
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Capriati. I thought she was a whiner, but now I miss her. A lot of the really classic battles in grand slams involved Capriati.

sapir1434
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Hingis

:inlove:
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Of course, it doesn't mean I like her though! :devil:

Same. :worship: I do miss her.

Just a bit though. :devil:

Hingis.

October
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Kim and Nicole Vaidisova, i never disliked them but i have started loving both of them!!!!

Carmen Mairena
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I used to like Kim (in the very early months) then I started to dislike her! :haha:

Well, answering the thread starter, I disliked Steffi a lot, then I started to like her and now I worship her! :worship:

crazillo
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Myskina

esquímaux
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM
It's the Kuzzie appeal :D

ViennaCalling
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Venus Williams

auntie janie
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I think it's great to see more people finally warming to Sveta. She's a great player and a great kid, and she deserves more recognition. :hearts:

Ballbasher
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I hated Masha when she won Wimby but now she's going to be my fav player :eek: :hearts:

NaturalBlues
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I think it's great to see more people finally warming to Sveta. She's a great player and a great kid, and she deserves more recognition. :hearts:
She does :)

stevos
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Kuznetsova as well. I watched one of her interviews and she was pretty funny and amiable. I never really disliked her though.

Bounty Hunter
Jun 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Kim - I have a love hate relationship with her... ....Sometimes I want her to win and sometimes I just want to smack her and hope she's out in the 1 st round :lol: :lol:

Schiavone - Annoying at first but now I love to watch her play.. She's awesome. I wish she would just win the darn tournment(s)....

side note: of course when or if Serena ever start playing...... I'll dislike any player that is across net from her...including Venus .... :lol: